AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 08:53   Link #201
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I laughed a bit on the inside when earlier in the season, the Pats SHOULD have lost to the Ravens, someone on another forum said "See? God loves the Patriots." I'm debating on making a comment back to that same person and tell him "Where's your God now?" lol.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 15:00   Link #202
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

This Superbowl was the only full American football game I had watched, and I am really lucky to see the god forsaken underdog winning against god favorite unbeatables. Still, the game was not enough to initiate my interest, so, I will make a break here before making a mistaken comment.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 16:33   Link #203
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazz87 View Post
Actually the Colts had a very good defense this year. Manning and the offense just did the usual, which was beating themselves in the postseason by turning the ball over and not being on the same page.
Did you watch the Colts playoff game this year? Manning played a lights out game, 402 yards and 3 TDs and you want to pin the game on him? I agree his receivers let him down when it counted, but Manning had a big day and most certainly did not choke. The two INTs he threw were his WRs fault, those were balls they should have caught, but they bobbled them and the ball ended up going to the defense. Manning didn't throw passes to the wrong team like he did against SD the first time. He played very well in that game.

I know the Colts D was good all year, but they reverted to 2003 form against the Chargers in the playoffs. They were given a gift wrapped game by San Diego. No Rivers, no Gates, no Tomlinson, and they couldn't get stops when it counted. As bad as the WRs played in crunch time, the defense was first in points allowed during the regular season, and they gave up their highest point total in the biggest game of their season.

Anyway, here's a cool pic that:

http://groovyfresh.homestead.com/fil...ject/irony.jpg
Old 2008-02-04, 17:32   Link #204
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Frankly anyone would be a hypocrite if they called Tom Brady arrogant. Sadly, Tom Brady is not Kira Yamato--he's not god--he's still susceptible, if only remotely, to the overconfidence that success brings...sadly it got to him at just the wrong time.
Old 2008-02-04, 17:33   Link #205
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

This was a super bowl where it didn't really matter much to me who won. However I wanted the Patriots to win so they could ranked up there with the greats(which I think they deserve to be). Which they kind of already are.

Yes Brady was not having the best game, but even with all that pressure he still was able to make important passes and they still had the lead for the majority of the game, so the Giants were lucky in this one. There were two big defense pass interereence calls that were not called on the Giants. Also credit to Manning for breaking those sacks, but that pass was and catch at the end of the game only worked because the guys helmet stopped the progress of the ball. hehe helmets have a use besides protection. Also the Patriots couldn't have given the Giants an easier TD pass. They just let Burres walk right in there.

Also I don't know why but I was not tense at any point during this game or surprised when the Giants won.

The Giants had the more momentum in the late season while the Patriots lost a bit. It showed in their playoff games. All in all I still consider the Patriots the better team. However I hail the Giants for being seemingly unstoppable on the road.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:58   Link #206
Demongod86

I just don't know why Brady's O-line just decided to take a vacation...

In the meantime, we have found Brady's Achilles heel. The guy simply looks like a dope when you bust his O-line.

Hey Tom, how does it feel to join us among the ranks of the mortal?

That said, the O-line and Ellis Hobbs are probably going to be stuffed so full of humble pie it won't be funny.

And at practice, Tom Brady needs to practice taking hits and fighting under pressure. That's the difference between him and the Manning brothers. They haven't gotten used to being immortal and no matter how hard BB drills them, I think at some point the success got to the pats while the giants were tooth-and-nailing it every step of the way.

That said, I want to see the pats come back next season and re-ignite the record books again and for Moss to have his just ring.

The pats would be a lot better off though if BB wasn't such a grinch/scrooge.
Old 2008-02-05, 01:36   Link #207
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
SuperBowl XLII Final Score: Words Cannot Express How Much This Game Was

Spoiler for SuperBowl XLII Final Score::

Spoiler for Catch of the Century ?:

Spoiler for GIANT KILLERS!:

Spoiler for (18-1):sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::

My Final Say on the Great SuperBowl game later tommorrow.

Last edited by Highman; 2008-02-05 at 02:21. Reason: Finishing my post!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 01:37   Link #208
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
It was a great game reguardless of the winner, got me excited and my team is the 49ers!
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:32   Link #209
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
In the meantime, we have found Brady's Achilles heel. The guy simply looks like a dope when you bust his O-line.
Well doesn't every QB?
Old 2008-02-05, 16:42   Link #210
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post

Spoiler for Catch of the Century ?:
Where is the escape? If this amazing catch is somehow defined by a really horrible critique with the word "good," that critique will have no other words left in the dictionary other than the term "better" to describe how Eli pulled off that miraculous escape.

I wish there was a gif to capture that moment.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:12   Link #211
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Here is the escape.

http://www.jmazz.info/wp-content/upl...008/02/123.gif

Last edited by xris; 2008-02-05 at 17:44. Reason: Please do not post frigging huge gifs, please link instead :)
Old 2008-02-05, 23:14   Link #212
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well doesn't every QB?
Eli and Brett Favre not so much. Those two apparently have more hax than any other QB when it comes to escaping sacks.

Brady's was used to feeling immortal and then his O-line decided to take a vacation. And yet DESPITE that, he came back and nearly had the super bowl WON before the defense lost it. Those old, washed-up dopes.
Old 2008-02-06, 04:13   Link #213
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Did you watch the Colts playoff game this year? Manning played a lights out game, 402 yards and 3 TDs and you want to pin the game on him? I agree his receivers let him down when it counted, but Manning had a big day and most certainly did not choke. The two INTs he threw were his WRs fault, those were balls they should have caught, but they bobbled them and the ball ended up going to the defense. Manning didn't throw passes to the wrong team like he did against SD the first time. He played very well in that game.

I know the Colts D was good all year, but they reverted to 2003 form against the Chargers in the playoffs. They were given a gift wrapped game by San Diego. No Rivers, no Gates, no Tomlinson, and they couldn't get stops when it counted. As bad as the WRs played in crunch time, the defense was first in points allowed during the regular season, and they gave up their highest point total in the biggest game of their season.

Anyway, here's a cool pic that:

http://groovyfresh.homestead.com/fil...ject/irony.jpg
You need to starting reading a person's entire post before you respond. I said "Manning and offense". I'm not blaming the loss on Peyton alone. I'm blaming it on the entire offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Eli and Brett Favre not so much. Those two apparently have more hax than any other QB when it comes to escaping sacks.

Brady's was used to feeling immortal and then his O-line decided to take a vacation. And yet DESPITE that, he came back and nearly had the super bowl WON before the defense lost it. Those old, washed-up dopes.
Eli actually gets sacked a decent amount when the pressure comes to him from what I've seen. Which is more testament to that play that occurred in the Super Bowl. It was like there was an angel watching over him. 90% of the time Manning would be sacked on a play like that.

Brett Favre does a lot of escaping, I'll give you that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by monir; 2008-02-06 at 04:39. Reason: Please use the "edit" button instead of double posting!
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 10:33   Link #214
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Where is the escape? If this amazing catch is somehow defined by a really horrible critique with the word "good," that critique will have no other words left in the dictionary other than the term "better" to describe how Eli pulled off that miraculous escape.

I wish there was a gif to capture that moment.

Yup, the person who says Good is just been biased against it, because is not enough to describe the play…I mean, ESPN did a top 10 superbowl plays of all time, and they agreed that this is the one.

This play had 3 unique components IMO:

-It was a crucial Play on 3 downs and the game was on the line, not only it was the play that was decisive to the outcome, but that play must had been a very big morale booster for the Giants, and should had lowered the morale of the Pats.

-Maning Houdini escape, no matter how much you see it, Manning should had been in the turf, Sacked, in fact, when I was watching that play in the Game, everyone thought he was already Sacked, and then You see him not only getting Away from the defense, but to throwing a Pass.

-Then, Tyreee Catch Jumping, with a defender in the way, and doing the catch with his Freaking helmet, of all the people Manning could had throw the pass, he throws it to a guy that had not receive a TD pass the entire season!

An interesting Number I saw in the game at halftime, the game was 7 – 3 , with the Pats wining, before this game, the record of Superbowl after a team was leading coming to the halftime was 35 –7…..Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Hahahahaha, I saw that part of the Interview, All I can say its that it is really not good to disrespect your opponent, even when a Player makes bold predictions, The moment you begin to disrespect your Opponent, is the moment you underestimate him. And I think the Pats where so full of themselves they trough the game was going to be a walk in the park.
Old 2008-02-06, 11:15   Link #215
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Hahahahaha, I saw that part of the Interview, All I can say its that it is really not good to disrespect your opponent, even when a Player makes bold predictions, The moment you begin to disrespect your Opponent, is the moment you underestimate him. And I think the Pats where so full of themselves they trough the game was going to be a walk in the park.
I don't think that was the case at all. Is it that hard to believe the Giants just played really good football. I mean its hard for one team to go so long without losing. The Patriots had been playing notably worse late in the season and in the playoffs with a lot of close wins. It was only a matter of time before it caught up with them. If anyone was full of themselves it was Burress from the Giants.
Old 2008-02-06, 14:35   Link #216
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I don't think that was the case at all. Is it that hard to believe the Giants just played really good football. I mean its hard for one team to go so long without losing. The Patriots had been playing notably worse late in the season and in the playoffs with a lot of close wins. It was only a matter of time before it caught up with them.
I think you are misunderstanding my line, I’m not saying that the Giants did not played really good football, Both Team played really good football…remember that the Pats where winning the Game by 4 points with less than 3 minutes remaining.

Quote:
If anyone was full of themselves it was Burress from the Giants.
My point here is simple, it was not intended to say Burres was right, Players in any sport always rant on how “We are going to win, blah, blah," that’s part of creating enough self steam for the big show. see how I alluded to the point “even when Players made bold predictions”, but, is not about that, rather how Brady cocky and mocking response was, “17 points?? LOL” and then you hear stories on how the Pats where already sending invites for the post game party to the Giants. Maybe The Pats did not Underestimate the Giants, but I noted a lot of disrespect towards what they where capable of.
Old 2008-02-06, 18:40   Link #217
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
rather how Brady cocky and mocking response was, “17 points?? LOL” and then you hear stories on how the Pats where already sending invites for the post game party to the Giants.but I noted a lot of disrespect towards what they where capable of.
All that is true and unfortunately there are tons of teams every year in sports that are disrespectful to their opponents. The only reason I don't take it to hard from the Patriots is that almost everyone I would think have acted in the same way. I mean you've gone so far undefeated and are about to go undefeated. Most people will probably be a little cocky. I'm not saying the whole invite thing was right but they were just caught up in the moment. Which a lot of people would have been in that situation. I'm also not too surprised that Brady said the "17 point phrase" like that becuase they have been a scoring machine all year and there was no reason for why he should think they could keep running the offense effectively like that. They did score 30+ points in their previous game against the Giants.

I'd probably have acted the same as Brady if I was in that situation.
Old 2008-02-08, 02:29   Link #218
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
My Final Word On SuperBowl XLII

Well its probably too late to have on my final say, eventually I blame myself of watch too much anime and hey my laziness kept me doing not a darn thing but actually my with alot of sense and clear judgement about this has really gone to the flipslide. I don't know I how rate this as the best SuperBowls of all time, would put into perdition as in my top three of the and kicking off the new year in 08' would kick things off and most probably a worse start for New England Patriots as being (18-1). As mindsets to win and push themselves through SuperBowl XLII was entirely their moment of becoming (19-0) joining those brashy 72' Dolphins from Don Shula and Mercury Morris who are shoving putting thier own pride and taking thier block as own selves on the line. As the Media tried put thier mouths in and wanting time for Brady and Co. to put themselves in the destiny was as becoming undefeated and winning their fourth SuperBowl XLII in seven years. As the NY Giants they came as the career killers or might say that they are maintain themselves as the Giants. For winning ten straight road games, now they eleven seal and regaining that almost victory from the Pats in their season finale game in the Meadowlands. In the end fortune smile upon them and gave em that chance fourth and ten, Eli gave his proven effort for his critics and beliving the most in him. When Tyree made that catch that was determination and tremendous rhythm that had in thier grasp once again and that last play Manning to Burress was indeed that catch push them into to those underdogs that we once believe and ceratinly gave the Giants as one the elite in the NFL. As I remember this year SuperBowl and one dat tell it to my kids, once I'll this as moral, saying "When Cards Are In Deck You Alwas Have An Ace At Your Side to Pull The Weakness Out Of the Deck."

CONGRATS GIANTS!

Last edited by Highman; 2008-02-08 at 09:47.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 02:35   Link #219
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Well, in response to rating this as the best Super Bowl, I have to say that given the circumstances, especially the most action-packed 4th quarter in Super Bowl history, you could say that this is the best Super Bowl in history. However, I'm very opinionated on this one that the best Super Bowl upset would have to be Superbowl III. Honestly, nobody thought the New York Jets could beat the Baltimore Colts back then except... well, the New York Jets. It was a low scoring game, but it should be rated as the best upset in history.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 23:37   Link #220
tenken627
what Yagi said

So, it is official. Brett Favre is no longer a Packer, he is now in New York with the Jets. I'm so sick of Brett Favre right now, but I have a feeling we're going to be hearing about Brett Favre from the New York media for the whole year.

At least the 2008 season is finally upon us, with the first of four weeks of preseason games today.

My (biased homer) division winners + wildcards predictions:

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys
NFC South: New Orleans Saints
NFC West: Seattle Seahawks
NFC North: Minnesota Vikings
NFC Wildcard #1: Washington Redskins
NFC Wildcard #2: Arizona Cardinals

AFC East: New England Patriots
AFC South: Indianapolis Colts
AFC West: San Diego Chargers
AFC North: Cleveland Browns
AFC Wildcard #1: Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC Wildcard #2: Houston Texans

And no, Brett Favre and the NY Jets will not make the playoffs.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports