AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-28, 19:42   Link #1941
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I've found a height chart for a lot of the persona characters (think it's official) which puts Naoto right at 5ft tall so yeah, she's kinda short.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 20:39   Link #1942
kitten320

Sadly I'm no good with ft, anyone cam tell me the height in cm?
Old 2012-01-28, 20:53   Link #1943
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Sadly I'm no good with ft, anyone cam tell me the height in cm?
Full information
Date of Birth: April 27th, 1995
Zodiac: Taurus
Height: 152 cm (5'0")
Blood Type: B
Arcana: Wheel of Fortune
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 20:56   Link #1944
rpgman1

Naoto is really a girl? For the VA who famously voiced Edward Elric and Toshiro Hitsugaya. Kuma wanting to get some food from the party and he got Rise's dessert. They have to search for clues on Naoto in order to enter the secret lab (wish they played the soundtrack from it).

Poor Yosuke being turned into an old man and the party running away from battle. Narukami is a kind person to save Yosuke. Shadow Naoto is just as creepy and powerful as Shadow Kuma/Teddie. I know Narukami has already used Temperance, but he still has Hermit, Devil, Death, and Tower. Will he pull a fusion during the battle?
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 22:31   Link #1945
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I've found a height chart for a lot of the persona characters (think it's official) which puts Naoto right at 5ft tall so yeah, she's kinda short.
Some of the items they're holding are amusing.

Why is Mitsuru holding toilet paper? Why is Yosuke holding a crab? What's Teddie planning on doing with that chainsaw?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 23:39   Link #1946
webkid94
*Author

They changed the OP animation a bit in the new episode with the re-used scenes and made it look more smooth.

Otherwise, it was a really cool episode didn't know that about Naoto. 3/5
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 00:44   Link #1947
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Np, also found this on tumblr, few screenshot comparisons of the tv show vs the DVD/BRs.
I like where this is going. Character models are much more proportional and Kanji finally gets his eyebrows back. I hope they fix their "no blinking" problem.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 01:50   Link #1948
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
They changed the OP animation a bit in the new episode with the re-used scenes and made it look more smooth.
Oh really? I skipped it so I guess I should go back and watch it. Thanks for the heads up.

Spoiler for ep 4:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 01:55   Link #1949
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
I spoiled Naoto's gender myself while looking through some images and accidentally stumbled onto Rise/Naoto yuri, I was like "EEEHHHH?!!!! That's a girl?!" -takes a closer look- Now I need to figure out why those two are paired up in the first...
Main reason? Elric brothers.

... And of course, a Red/Blue pairing. Think of it as 'opposites attract/complements'. Heck, they fit the shoes pretty perfectly, and IF Naoto was really a guy, chances are Rise/Naoto would be the fangirls' most favourited pairing...

Alas, it was a premilinary interest when Naoto's character is still giving impression that he is a guy. Nowadays they are in cute yuri or BFF poses.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 02:21   Link #1950
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I've always been curious about the games since Persona 3, but the graphics didn't grab at all at the time, they improved the graphics department in Persona 4 but I was still on the fence for the longest time. However thanks to the Persona 4 anime it's given me the last push I needed to officially be interested enough to buy the games now.

However I'm currently having trouble deciding if I wanna get the original Persona 4 for PS2 or if I wanna wait it out for Persona 4 the Golden for the playstation Vita.
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this, considering Atlus R&D1 is willing and able to reuse assets all the way from their SNES days. I love them, but I never expect their games to be eye-grabbingly gorgeous. If a new game in the SMT franchise is that pretty, great! But I also expect to see stuff like the new demon sprites or 3D models to be reused several times over the years. In any case, with regards to your decision over which version to get, I'd wait for P4 the Golden, what with the graphical upgrade and all the new features.

Quote:
P.S. And wow, I never noticed how thick Naoto's shoes sole was! Just how small is she? Because even with those shoes she still is smaller than majority.
Yeah she's short but
Spoiler for possible future scene:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Poor Yosuke being turned into an old man and the party running away from battle. Narukami is a kind person to save Yosuke. Shadow Naoto is just as creepy and powerful as Shadow Kuma/Teddie. I know Narukami has already used Temperance, but he still has Hermit, Devil, Death, and Tower. Will he pull a fusion during the battle?
Either that or

Spoiler for future speculation:
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 09:54   Link #1951
ookamigirl

Naoto, a new TV star lol
The killer still at large.. while detective prince was a successful bait.
Oh man, they got themselves into serious trouble 'cause this enemy is no joke.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 09:57   Link #1952
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
Did anyone else roll their eyes when Chie was telling Naoto: Don't say it!! When she was about to deny that her shadow was a side of her?
All I'm gonna say is that you should've seen it coming by now.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 10:33   Link #1953
TrueDevil
Not from this world

Well, since i played the game i already knew Naoto was a girl, so i payed close attention to her behaviour.

No male guy would grab a mirror like this
IMO, the confrontation with her shadow was better played in the anime than in the game since the game didnt show her emotions.
Yosuke turning into a old guy was unexpected hope we dont see his face.
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:46   Link #1954
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDevil View Post
IMO, the confrontation with her shadow was better played in the anime than in the game since the game didnt show her emotions.
Yosuke turning into a old guy was unexpected hope we dont see his face.
Yea, up until the last moment, they handled this episode far better than I thought, with the build-up to the fight, and I especially enjoyed the team (well, Kanji) accepting the fact that Naoto had to face her shadow and that they had to fight, instead of the game's "Oh no don't say it don't say it!" running gag.

Then they had to ruin it all with that last, majorly out-of-place comedic moment. SIGH. -.-
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 16:42   Link #1955
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
I like where this is going. Character models are much more proportional and Kanji finally gets his eyebrows back. I hope they fix their "no blinking" problem.
Haha, I thought I was the only one who noticed that. There was one episode in particular way back, maybe 8 or 9 where none of them blinked even once. I was thinking to myself: usually they animate blinking, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320
I spoiled Naoto's gender myself while looking through some images and accidentally stumbled onto Rise/Naoto yuri, I was like "EEEHHHH?!!!! That's a girl?!" -takes a closer look- Now I need to figure out why those two are paired up in the first place...
Hmm that is a weird pairing, I wouldn't have put those two together myself. I can understand the pairing was formed because their VAs played the Elric brothers, but I wonder if Rise & Naoto have any chemistry at all? Personally, I like Naoto paired off with Kanji because the way he blushes around her is just too cute!
Old 2012-01-29, 17:23   Link #1956
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
Did anyone else roll their eyes when Chie was telling Naoto: Don't say it!! When she was about to deny that her shadow was a side of her?
I understand the reason they say it, because it would be easier just to accept the shadow since they wouldn't have to fight at all, but when has it ever gone that smoothly? Chie don't waste your breath.
We all know she will reject that it's a part of herself, since that's been the usual routine and they all have had to face their own shadows thus far.
I was so glad Kanji stepped in and said that she needs to face and overcome this, because it's true. I was thinking, finally, somebody gets it!
That because in game if you didn't accept it = you lose your consciousness.
Then die/ killed by the shadow unless they are here to fight it.
After all if you want to say no than do us favored and say it outside shadow world
Why do I need to fight boss just because some people can't keep their mouth shut?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 21:02   Link #1957
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Kanji was wrong, Yu didn't have a shadow....
And Kanji must be so glad he wasn't really gay after all.
How so? Kanji liked her under the assumption that she was a he. Being a girl will only serve as a convenient lie to himself. Not that it matters much at their age anyway, having no experience whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Poor Yosuke, being the buttjoke of everything.
Eh... that is his main function
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 22:48   Link #1958
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Unfortunately don't remember if I was spoiled about Naoto's gender during the game or was actually surprised when the reveal happened. Either way if people managed to avoid spoilers, must have been some surprise there. Rough on Naoto of course having the pressure of dealing with the police while being treated like a child. Can somewhat understand why she put the effort in not to reveal her gender since that would be just something else the older officers might hold against her.

Can say this information does give Kanji a convenient self-lie. Can just act like he instinctively knew Naoto was a girl and that's why there was some attraction there.
Old 2012-01-30, 01:33   Link #1959
justsomeguy

Episode 16:
* More of Kanji's Social Link. Yosuke and Yukiko still don't get any progression yet.
* Aika once again solves problems. In the game, gathering info on Naoto was a pain in the ass that took talking to students in school, then cop who blows you off, then Chie, then back to the cop, then a different cop the next day. If I hadn't been using DoubleJump's guide, that would have taken me hours to get.
* Shadow Naoto uses Galgalim Eyes on Yosuke, which inflicts the Enervation status. Ingame, it halves all stats.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:49   Link #1960
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 16:
* Shadow Naoto uses Galgalim Eyes on Yosuke, which inflicts the Enervation status. Ingame, it halves all stats.
I thought it halved your level (as is the case with the "Old" status from FF5)
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy