AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 15:30   Link #261
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

MW3 breaks $1 billion a day faster than James Cameron's Avatar

oh the nerd rage is epic
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:54   Link #262
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That is crazy. I wonder how the next one will do; it probably won't top what MW3 achieved.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:35   Link #263
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Probably will be at least a few people who will be franchise fatiguing by that point. Unless they shake things up a bit. I'll admit I haven't been totally up to date with the various Call of Duty games, not because I don't like them per say. It's more to do with the fact I don't unlock things in MP fast enough for me to feel justified in getting the next game for the new MP features.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 11:58   Link #264
Siegel Clyne

Call of Duty: MW3 Japanese Dub Video Clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Japanese Seiyuu Dub Cast for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2011:

石塚運昇、岡林史泰、大塚芳忠、鈴木達央、間宮康弘、楠大典、立木文彦、藤原啓治、江川央生、林一夫、小川 真司、井上剛、田中理恵、甲斐田裕子、菅生隆之、白熊寛嗣、遠藤大智、大川透、陶山章央、森一丁、麦人、諏 訪部順一、志村和幸、内田直哉、植田佳奈

Ishizuka Unshou, Okabayashi Fumihiro, Ootsuka Houchuu, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, Mamiya Yasuhiro, Kusunoki Taiten, Tachiki Fumihiko, Fujiwara Keiji, Egawa Hisao, Hayashi Kazuo, Ogawa Shinji, Inoue Gou, Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, Sugou Takayuki, Shirokuma Hiroshi, Endou Daichi, Ookawa Tooru, Suyama Akio, Mori Icchou, Mugihito, Suwabe Jun'ichi, Shimura Tomoyuki, Uchida Naoya, Ueda Kana

Most are veteran voice actors over 30 years old. Unsurprisingly, nearly all are men, with the exceptions of Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, and Ueda Kana.

While she may be still strongly associated with higher pitched girl voiced characters like Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED/Gundam SEED Destiny), Chii (Chobits), Kujou Hikari/Shiny Luminous (Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart), and Neptune (Chou Jigen Game Neptune {Hyperdimension Neptunia}/Chou Jigen Game Neptune Mk2 {Hyperdimension Neptunia MK-II}), Tanaka Rie nowadays performs much more deeper, mature voiced characters (too many anime, game and drama CD credits to list here). Tanaka's current adult women roles in Japanese dubs of English-language live-action television series include Dr. Katherine "Kat" Manx (Michelle Langstone) in Power Rangers SPD and Alexandra "Alex" Hunter (Gloria Votsis) in White Collar.

Known for her deep, womanly voice, some of Kaida Yuuko's recent voice acting credits include the ratings-obsessed Hero TV producer Agnes Joubert in Tiger & Bunny; Listy in Queen's Blade Seasons 1 and 2; Elizabeth Maybury in FREEZING; Hikari (Sekirei No.11) in Sekirei Seasons 1 and 2; Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) in the Japanese dub of the North American live-action television series Smallville; and Io (Gemma Arterton) in the Japanese dub of the 2010 Clash of the Titans live-action movie. And Kaida also does boy's voices.

With their mature-sounding voices, Tanaka Rie and Kaida Yuuko seem suitable choices to voice characters in Call of Duty.

What about Ueda Kana and her high-pitched, youthful-sounding girl voice, always much in demand for Japanese anime, Japanese games and Japanese drama CDs, but maybe not so much for an American first-person shooter game?

Perhaps Ueda voices children or maybe teenaged girls in Modern Warfare 3.
The official Facebook page for the Japanese subtitled and Japanese dubbed versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 can be found here.

It includes YouTube video clips from the Japanese dubbed version.

Ueda Kana dubs the voice of the daughter of Russian President Boris Vorshevsky, Alena Borisovna Vorshevsky:

To the best of my knowledge it has not been revealed who she dubs yet, but I think I recognize Tanaka Rie's voice in this video clip:

The Japanese dubbed version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is slated to be released in Japan on Thursday, December 22, 2011.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 11:48   Link #265
Siegel Clyne

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Japanese Main Dub Cast Announced

Quote:
The official Facebook page for the Japanese subtitled and Japanese dubbed versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 can be found here.

It includes YouTube video clips from the Japanese dubbed version.

Ueda Kana dubs the voice of the daughter of Russian President Boris Vorshevsky, Alena Borisovna Vorshevsky:

To the best of my knowledge it has not been revealed who she dubs yet, but I think I recognize Tanaka Rie's voice in this video clip:

The Japanese dubbed version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is slated to be released in Japan on Thursday, December 22, 2011.
Quote:
Japanese Seiyuu Dub Cast for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2011:

石塚運昇、岡林史泰、大塚芳忠、鈴木達央、間宮康弘、楠大典、立木文彦、藤原啓治、江川央生、林一夫、小川 真司、井上剛、田中理恵、甲斐田裕子、菅生隆之、白熊寛嗣、遠藤大智、大川透、陶山章央、森一丁、麦人、諏 訪部順一、志村和幸、内田直哉、植田佳奈

Ishizuka Unshou, Okabayashi Fumihiro, Ootsuka Houchuu, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, Mamiya Yasuhiro, Kusunoki Taiten, Tachiki Fumihiko, Fujiwara Keiji, Egawa Hisao, Hayashi Kazuo, Ogawa Shinji, Inoue Gou, Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, Sugou Takayuki, Shirokuma Hiroshi, Endou Daichi, Ookawa Tooru, Suyama Akio, Mori Icchou, Mugihito, Suwabe Jun'ichi, Shimura Tomoyuki, Uchida Naoya, Ueda Kana

Most are veteran voice actors over 30 years old. Unsurprisingly, nearly all are men, with the exceptions of Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, and Ueda Kana.

While she may be still strongly associated with higher pitched girl voiced characters like Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED/Gundam SEED Destiny), Chii (Chobits), Kujou Hikari/Shiny Luminous (Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart), and Neptune (Chou Jigen Game Neptune {Hyperdimension Neptunia}/Chou Jigen Game Neptune Mk2 {Hyperdimension Neptunia MK-II}), Tanaka Rie nowadays performs much more deeper, mature voiced characters (too many anime, game and drama CD credits to list here). Tanaka's current adult women roles in Japanese dubs of English-language live-action television series include Dr. Katherine "Kat" Manx (Michelle Langstone) in Power Rangers SPD and Alexandra "Alex" Hunter (Gloria Votsis) in White Collar.

Known for her deep, womanly voice, some of Kaida Yuuko's recent voice acting credits include the ratings-obsessed Hero TV producer Agnes Joubert in Tiger & Bunny; Listy in Queen's Blade Seasons 1 and 2; Elizabeth Maybury in FREEZING; Hikari (Sekirei No.11) in Sekirei Seasons 1 and 2; Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) in the Japanese dub of the North American live-action television series Smallville; and Io (Gemma Arterton) in the Japanese dub of the 2010 Clash of the Titans live-action movie. And Kaida also does boy's voices.

With their mature-sounding voices, Tanaka Rie and Kaida Yuuko seem suitable choices to voice characters in Call of Duty.

What about Ueda Kana and her high-pitched, youthful-sounding girl voice, always much in demand for Japanese anime, Japanese games and Japanese drama CDs, but maybe not so much for an American first-person shooter game?

Perhaps Ueda voices children or maybe teenaged girls in Modern Warfare 3.
Yep, that's Tanaka Rie.

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 JAPANESE DUB MAIN CAST (INCOMPLETE LIST) ANNOUNCEMENT ON OFFICIAL WEBSITE

United States of America

Sandman: Suzuki Tatsuhisa
Truck: Kusonoki Taiten
Grinch: Mamiya Yasuhiro
Overlord: Tachiki Fumihiko
SEALs Leader: Inoue Gou

AC-130 TV Operator: Nishi Rintarou
AC-130 FCO (Fire Control Officer): Tanaka Rie
AC-130 Pilot: Ishikawa Hiroaki
A-10 Pilot (Valkyrie 2-6): Kaida Yuuko

President of the United States: Ogawa Shinji

Task Force 141 - Irregular Forces

John Price: Ishizuka Unshou
John "Soap" MacTavish: Okabayashi Fumihiro
Yuri: Egawa Hisao
Nikolai: Ootsuka Houchuu
Kamarov: Hayashi Kazuo

SAS

Baseplate: Sugou Takayuki
Wallcroft: Shirokuma Hiroshi
Griffen: Endou Daichi
Meyers: Mori Icchou

GIGN

Sabre: Suyama Akio

Ultranationalist Faction

(Imran? Victor? Both?) Zakhaev: Wakamoto Norio
Vladimir Makarov: Fujiwara Keiji
Maxim "Volk" Khristenko: Mugihito
Alexi: Suwabe Jun'ichi
Waraabe: Shimura Tomoyuki

Others

Russian President Boris Vorshevsky: Uchida Naoya
Alena Vorshevsky: Ueda Kana
Sarah Davis's Mother (Mrs. Davis): Tanaka Atsuko

Source: SQUARE ENIX's Official Website for the Japanese Localization of Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2011-12-23 at 16:32.
Old 2011-12-24, 08:12   Link #266
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Too bad this game sucks on PC, couldnt play AT ALL thank to the trashy matchmaking.
I'm never buying COD again, ever.
Old 2011-12-24, 09:52   Link #267
Siegel Clyne

Japanese Call of Duty Challenge Special Streamed Live on Nico Nico Douga

I didn't see it, but Nico Nico Douga streamed a live broadcast on Thursday, December 22, 2011 from Japan of the Call of Duty Challenge Final Special, hosted by voice actress Ueda Kana (Alena Vorshevsky) and voice actor Okabayashi Fumihiro (John "Soap" MacTavish), featuring guests voice actress Tanaka Rie (AC-130 FCO), voice actor Shirokuma Hiroshi (Wallcroft), Square Enix promotional producer Inoue Kazunori, and comedian Hirai Yoshiyuki from the manzai comedy duo America Zarigani.
Old 2011-12-25, 09:06   Link #268
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

FRACKIN frack, I missed it.
Old 2012-03-09, 22:49   Link #269
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that's a blow to Jason West and Vincent Zampella.

Activision Wins Small Battle in Large Call of Duty Lawsuit
Old 2012-03-10, 10:21   Link #270
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I don't think those two can win the case.
Old 2012-08-30, 14:19   Link #271
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
That is crazy. I wonder how the next one will do; it probably won't top what MW3 achieved.
If they can innovate, I imagine it'd be possible to at least match the sales figures I have a feeling it'll be a Black Ops title, but that's guesswork for now.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:34   Link #272
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
If they can innovate, I imagine it'd be possible to at least match the sales figures I have a feeling it'll be a Black Ops title, but that's guesswork for now.
You haven't been keeping up have you?

Black Ops 2 was announced some time ago.
Old 2012-10-01, 17:36   Link #273
sa547
*Author

Finally got the game, and it was one helluva ride.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-01, 20:14   Link #274
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
ZOMG! Ichiro Ogami as GIGN operator Sabre!!!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 10:32   Link #275
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Too bad this game sucks on PC, couldnt play AT ALL thank to the trashy matchmaking.
I'm never buying COD again, ever.
Online multiplayer is like you just walked deep into the worst part of town. Been there, done that, me having to deal with some kiddies and the short-fuses.
Old 2013-08-06, 18:39   Link #276
T-6000

Yesterday I decided to give this game a try on a friend's Steam Account. And honestly......I don't see what all the hubub is all about with this title. The first thing I noticed is that the sound and feel of most of the weapons are....well.....pitiful. They feel more like I'm firing pellet guns rather than actual small arms. This is especially true with some of the Assault rifles, and I especially cringed with the sound of the AK47 in the game (in which I wonder why they don't have the Russians also use the AK74M, or even the AN-94 and AEK?). This weekend my brother and I fired off out AK47 (yep, I'm a gun collector. And I assure you that I am not racist, homophobic, and trigger happy. Hell, I advocate Dialogue more than going into straight up fights) and the gun is alot louder than how it sounds in MW3. And it has a bit more of a kick as well. I know I'll be stroking the feathers the wrong way by comparing both games, but I've got to nevertheless bring up this point. In Battlefield 3, I love how the weapons look, feel, sound, and handle. They feel like actual guns, and they sound quite loud. They actually feel threatening, especially when your character gets hit by a bullet. The loud sounds of the gun makes me want to take cover more when I fight against enemy forces (well, hat and I take damage. )

Also a good portion of the levels feel dull and uninspiring, and I only enjoy going through a few levels (the first level has a bit of an epic feel to it, though). The level "Turbulence" was one of the silliest levels I played through in any FPS in years. But back with the weapons, at least there's more of a variety of small arms this time around and they have various attachments. The Crysis series did spoil me a bit by allowing me to place on various attachments at any moment, where I had to scrounge for weapons with my ideal attachment in the game. And incorporating the Hybrid sight was a nice touch.

All in all, I think I'll pick this up once it hits $10 or less on Steam. The game, overall, just feels so bland and generic. And I'm now more hesitant than ever to pick up the upcoming COD Ghosts (despite being a sucker for post apocalyptic settings). For the life of me, I don't know how MW3 sold millions. But I guess that's just me.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote