AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-15, 19:51   Link #81
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
about canon, to be fair, canon is not just what he write, canon is what the owner of the franchise accept as canon, if kuramada dont write something but acknowldge as canon then is canon, the owner is what have the final decision and is not just "what he write", a good exemple is the asgard arc, he not write was a filler arc which was so good(better than kuramada crap write) which he accept as part of timeline or canon, is important aways take in factor this.

another good exemples are the kyouto animation novels and animes, most of the animes produced by kyouto which are based on novels or mangas are canon, because actually they are the true owner of the novels or mangas trademark while the writers are they "workers".

if i'm not wrong the same for omega, kuramada helped in the write but not was the creater was bandai but also is part of the main timeline too or the canon material.

that is what matter when decides what is canon or no and is even worse for saint seyia because he not the full owner of the trademark if i'm not wrong bandai(the toys production) have made a contract with him about also share with him part of the rights over saint seyia, ofcourse i can be wrong about that.
Not here. Kurumada said on his interviews saying the official series he aknowledges is the one he writes. It's also on the very first tank's afterwords from Next Dimension after denying Tenkai Overture.

Can't be helped.

Omega is a work for SS series anniversary and if there is a spin off he liked, it's Episode G. He hasn't talked about Saintia Sho yet, but imho it's stays true to the original designs and despite being a former shoujo artist the drama isn't rubbed in your face like LC did.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 19:58   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
about canon, to be fair, canon is not just what he write, canon is what the owner of the franchise accept as canon, if kuramada dont write something but acknowldge as canon then is canon, the owner is what have the final decision and is not just "what he write", a good exemple is the asgard arc, he not write was a filler arc which was so good(better than kuramada crap write) which he accept as part of timeline or canon, is important aways take in factor this.
Does Kurumada own Saint Seiya? The intellectual property must belong to the original publisher unless Kurumada actually acquired the rights from them.
Old 2015-04-15, 20:01   Link #83
Miraluka
Banned

Actually, he does own the rights. The old bastard did that long ago .
Old 2015-04-15, 20:21   Link #84
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I would like to get some details on this, though I doubt we could. For instance, why would the publisher let go of such a hot property? Unless Kurumada payed a pretty big sum of money for the rights, I fail to see why the publisher would do this.
Old 2015-04-15, 20:23   Link #85
Miraluka
Banned

I'm not jokig when I tell you the guy posted himself in a photo embracing a good chunk of money while drinking sake
Old 2015-04-15, 20:25   Link #86
Blueknight78

Quote:
Not here. Kurumada said on his interviews saying the official series he aknowledges is the one he writes. It's also on the very first tank's afterwords from Next Dimension after denying Tenkai Overture.

Can't be helped.

Omega is a work for SS series anniversary and if there is a spin off he liked, it's Episode G. He hasn't talked about Saintia Sho yet, but imho it's stays true to the original designs and despite being a former shoujo artist the drama isn't rubbed in your face like LC did.
that is the point he can choose what is and what not is canon, what he told was because of the bad reception of overture in japan and because of bad reception of lost canvas, than he decided to make for himself(which showed which while toei can be bed in make some works by themselfs he also not so good as he think.

but that is the smoth point he can decide by himself what is canon or no, no just the only what he write is canon and kuramada is smarth now after the 2 failures he only gonna accept as canon what he see being good among the fans like omega or maybe the saintyia which also looks pretty popular.

well this is to make sure is not just the "popular only manga is canon or novel" trope which some peoples love to pull many times without proper know if this is true or not for the current work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Does Kurumada own Saint Seiya? The intellectual property must belong to the original publisher unless Kurumada actually acquired the rights from them.
Quote:
i can be wrong but for what i learned, the rights over the saint seyia franchise is divided between kuramada and toey or is bandai(whell the ones behinds the toys), in the beginner was full toey, they called him to write for then a manga, he comes with the idea to write about the gold saints but the company wanted about "kids' like any shounen then turned to be about the bronze saints.

but if i'm not wrong he not the only one owner.
Old 2015-04-15, 20:26   Link #87
Miraluka
Banned

He is called Kurumoney for something by the non english fandom
Old 2015-04-15, 20:29   Link #88
Kazu-kun

Quote:
He is called Kurumoney for something by the non english fandom
But a successful author can get a lot of money from royalties without owning the IP to their work. For example, Naoko Takeuchi made a ton of money with Sailor Moon, but the rights belong to Kodansha as fas as know. Naoko doesn't own Sailor Moon.
Old 2015-04-16, 18:40   Link #89
Galaxian

Since there are at least 3 of them, I want a God Cloth level Athena Exclamation before the series is over.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 23:45   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

1. In this thread, if you post, it will be about the anime, only the anime, and nothing but the anime, so help you [deity of choice].

2. If it's very important and relevant to compare stuff already shown in the anime to the manga, you must enclose THE WHOLE COMMENT behind properly-labelled spoiler tags. "Properly labelled" means that you explain the context and purpose of the comparison in the label for the spoiler tag, as it explains when you click the spoiler button! Untagged or poorly-tagged comparisons = treated as inappropriate spoilers = ban.
Old 2015-04-17, 10:44   Link #91
Gundamx

Wait, this anime(Soul of Gold) had manga?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 11:12   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Nope. It's 100% anime original. There must have been a misunderstanding somewhere.
Old 2015-04-17, 12:08   Link #93
Galaxian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nope. It's 100% anime original.
*Looks at Episode G* Sigh... If only...
Old 2015-04-17, 13:33   Link #94
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
*Looks at Episode G* Sigh... If only...
wasn't "Episode G" story happened before Saint Seiya story begin?
While "Soul of Gold" start in middle of Hades story right?
(Not to mention that they have different enemy)

Than again, I only read the Synopsis
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 13:37   Link #95
Galaxian

Quote:
wasn't "Episode G" story happened before Saint Seiya story begin?
While "Soul of Gold" start in middle of Hades story right?
(Not to mention that they have different enemy)

Than again, I only read the Synopsis
Yes, but what I'm saying is that Soul of Gold should have been an adaptation of Episode G instead.
Old 2015-04-17, 13:53   Link #96
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I dunno about that... Episode's G unique art style wouldn't work very well in motion.
Old 2015-04-17, 14:20   Link #97
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I dunno about that... Episode's G unique art style wouldn't work very well in motion.
Then change it. Saint Seiya's anime style is different from Kurumada's original manga. Same thing for Lost Canvas.
Old 2015-04-17, 15:41   Link #98
Birdway
Banned

For comparison, Episode G's is overly stylzed style for gold cloths.

Just look at Sagitarius, people acussed Omega for the gems but that one cloth had gems everywhere.

Lost Canvas was 7/10 the big problem was the body proportions.

ND got better but still not for my tastes.

Saintia Sho perhaps the best among them all.

EDIT:
Saintio Sho just concluded the 12 temples arcs, the difference I found is that Saga killed himself unlike the anime that had his cloth leaving him.

Last edited by Birdway; 2015-04-17 at 21:47.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 13:15   Link #99
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
EDIT:
Saintio Sho just concluded the 12 temples arcs, the difference I found is that Saga killed himself unlike the anime that had his cloth leaving him.
That's like the original manga. Saga waits for Athena to reach her temple and then kills himself.

That's one my problems with Saga, both anime and manga. He just killed himself because of what he did. Meanwhile, Kanon, who did far worse than him, actually tried to redeem himself.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Now that's a surprise... I wonder if it's only for the game of if he will appear in the anime.
Old 2015-04-18, 14:09   Link #100
Birdway
Banned

This is my take on the matter:

Perhaps, because Saga was drown in guilt after being the one responsible of several deaths including half gold saints, 99% of silver saints and civilians and almost killing his goddess...
Killed himself right on the spot after being tormented a lot by his own conscience before the Shield cleansed his evil away. This is in the manga, it looked like Saga was running away from himself rather than chasing Seiya to stop him.

Kanon was brain washed by Ikki first, and since he wasn't absolute good, his guilt wasn't that big but enough to regret his acts and help Athena by turning himself into a meat shield for her and taking Poseidon's trident away from him.

And unlike Saga, Athena was able to save him. Saga didn't have that luck.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote