AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-08-22, 15:29   Link #1121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter out, and this time all about Casca! Everything was going really well, until she spoke to Guts and started recalling events of the Eclipse. She can't even look at him without completely freaking out. This is only the beginning of her recovery.
Old 2019-08-22, 21:23   Link #1122
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Casca is such a baggage
And she's in the way of loli witch route
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 00:48   Link #1123
Tenzen12

Given Shierke will not be loli forever, I agree. Casca needed protection even against human opponents back in times and party is far beyond that level . Quite happy she can't reconnected with Guts causaly and be burden.

Nothing against her personally of course, just think Guts should move on with his life.
Old 2019-08-23, 10:35   Link #1124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This very chapter established she's still strong. She just needs a magical weapon like Serpico and Isidoro and she'll be set. Her trauma is the only thing in the way.
Old 2019-08-23, 12:31   Link #1125
Tenzen12

She is clearly bellow Serpico who could plus minus fight Guts even without magical weapons and being on same level as Isidoro is not exactly best way show worth.
Old 2019-08-23, 18:46   Link #1126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She is clearly bellow Serpico who could plus minus fight Guts even without magical weapons and being on same level as Isidoro is not exactly best way show worth.
Good thing she's a lot better than Isidoro then. Do you really think Isidoro could disable these golems this easily?
Old 2019-08-24, 01:09   Link #1127
Tenzen12

Isidro is not frontliner. Reason why he is in party is because is able avoid fights he can't win and his acrobatic skills are useful. Thus even if he is not strong he is not burden either.

Basically put Isidro in frontt of Zod and he will be able get away, maybe even keep him distracted from distance. If you put Casca in front of Zod, well that's where her story ends...

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2019-08-24 at 01:23.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 09:57   Link #1128
DemonOfWrath

Not sure how you're so confident Serpico is clearly above her (ignoring magical items). She was absolutely no slouch in the past and Serpico hasn't really displayed any skill obviously above her.

Serpico being able to "plus minus fight Guts" is quite the stretch. Both times it took him stacking the situation in his favour dramatically to have even a chance, and both times Guts still outclassed him dramatically.

Ignoring the magical items (and some assumed rust) a good estimate is they're around similar levels. Serpico is trickier and more cunning, but Casca is a better brawler (for lack of a better word), if you look at how she deals with armoured opponents and the like.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 10:45   Link #1129
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Casca is such a baggage
And she's in the way of loli witch route

Firstly, fuck that lol. Secondly, Casca won that race years before Schierke even stepped on the track, let alone approached the starting line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If Isidro's proven himself to be useful, Casca most certainly will be and he's not on her level at all considering she beat him in their sparring match (notice the bump on his noggin afterwards) but that's not even what's most important. What's important is following her interactions with the the party and how the dynamics change with her being sane now, her thoughts, feelings and how she will deal with her trauma. And of course, her relationship with Guts, as well as their child.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 11:13   Link #1130
Tenzen12

So let me ask you.

How many times Casca needed to be saved by Guts from human opponents?

How many times Isidro/Serpico needed saving from Guts against monsters and apostles?

What is stronger humans or monsters?
Old 2019-08-24, 12:29   Link #1131
Ryuga

Casca's actually killed an Apostle without a magic weapon (the one that killed Judeau) and Isidro and Serpico have killed exactly none even with magic weapons. Neither of them were put in the same situations she was. But really, there's far more to Casca's contribution to the story than her power level.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 12:52   Link #1132
Tenzen12

I certainly don't disagree with that.
Old 2020-04-24, 15:55   Link #1133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Back again. Next chapter should be interesting.
Old 2020-07-24, 17:02   Link #1134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Is this the first time the Skull Knight has been established to be a king? I've been believing the theory he's Gaiseric for so many years that I forgot what was confirmed about him and what wasn't. If it's the first time, then one more evidence.

As for Guts, looks like he's going to have to master the armor the hard way.
Old 2020-07-24, 22:21   Link #1135
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As for Guts, looks like he's going to have to master the armor the hard way.
What other way is there in this series? Maybe the Ultra-Violence Nightmare way?
Old 2020-07-25, 07:41   Link #1136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
What other way is there in this series? Maybe the Ultra-Violence Nightmare way?
Good point

At least Skull Knight is there to stop him so it shouldn't go too badly. The dwarf may be able to switch the armor off just like he turned it on too.
Old 2020-10-22, 15:30   Link #1137
Blaat

Short chapter but
Spoiler for chapter 362:
Old 2020-10-22, 15:51   Link #1138
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Short chapter but
Spoiler for chapter 362:
She might have been a fairy, yes. By that time SK was already using the Berserker armor, which means his situation was very similar to Guts' current situation. He was still human and must have been branded along with that fairy woman (you can see she bears the brand!!), just like Guts and Casca are both branded. Just like Guts, SK must have had a lot of contact with super natural beings after he was branded, and he knew Flora. Actually, Flora might have been part of his party, just like Schierke is part of Guts' party.

If we're to take the dialog as face value, this is the end of SK's journey as a human. At that moment, his "Casca" died, and in a fit of rage SK gave in to the berseker armor and his human life ended too. From that point on, he became the SK we know now.

Since Void is the only one of the former God Hand who is still alive, I take it SK killed the other 4. Whether he killed them at that very moment when he fully fused with the Berserker armor or at a latter time as SK, is up in the air.

This is basically a cautionary tale for Guts. His fate is to end up like SK. To lose Casca and gave in to the armor, and be cursed to become an undead like SK. But Guts is the ultimate struggler. If this a fate, Guts will surely break free from it somehow. I would be very surprised if he can't.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2020-10-22 at 18:52.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 16:18   Link #1139
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Since Void is the only one of the former God Hand who is still alive, I take it SK killed the other 4. Whether he killed them at that very moment when he fully fused with the Berserker armor or a latter time as SK, is up in the air.
Another possibility is that there is a cycle with the God hand and a God hand gets replaced at the end of the cycle with Void potentially being the newest member a millennium ago. Which would explain why the crimson Beherit eclipse happens every 216 years.
Old 2020-10-22, 17:08   Link #1140
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Another possibility is that there is a cycle with the God hand and a God hand gets replaced at the end of the cycle with Void potentially being the newest member a millennium ago. Which would explain why the crimson Beherit eclipse happens every 216 years.
Why would a God Hand gets replaced if it's still alive? Makes no sense to me.

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen