AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-02, 14:52   Link #31641
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money
There is always alot of money to be made from turning ideas into reality.

EDIT : We got hit. And apparently our government is a worse liar than you Americans.

19 Singapore government websites taken down simultaneously for “planned maintenance”

Quote:
More than a dozen Singapore government have been unaccessible as of 3pm today, according to a tip-off received by Tech in Asia. Some reports, however, said that the outage occurred as early as 1.30pm. It was unclear why these sites were brought down, but the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) tweeted at 4.19pm that ”government websites are under planned maintenance and will be back ASAP.”

They later issued a fuller statement saying the same thing, with this addition:

Such planned maintenance is usually undertaken during the weekends and public holidays due to low expected website traffic. The maintenance took longer than expected, due to technical difficulties. Maintenance of the websites is progressively being completed. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

The explanation was met with skepticism by internet users. They pointed out that Singaporeans were not informed about any scheduled server maintenance beforehand, which is the usual practice.

It’s also unclear why the “maintenance” is held in the afternoon as opposed to off-peak hours like the middle of the night. This greatly inconveniences users who could be using the weekend afternoons to renew their passports on the ICA website.

They also doubt the fact that all sites could be under maintenance simultaneously, suggesting the possibility of a DDOS attack, which is designed to bring down a site by overwhelming it with data requests.

Furthermore, a spokesperson for the Singapore Police Force, whose website was affected, has “acknowledged the problem” and added that they are investigating it. There was no mention of a server maintenance.

We do not know if this incident is related to The Messiah or the Anonymous Collective. The Messiah is a hacker or a group of hackers who recently threatened to wage war on the Singapore government on YouTube. They then followed that up by hacking a blog belonging to the Straits Times, Singapore’s largest daily newspaper.

Below are the statuses of the various government websites (as of 4.20pm on November 2). The sites are in the midst of being brought back up.

Land Transport Authority – down
Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority – down
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority – down
Ministry of Home Affairs – down
Internal Security Department – down
Central Narcotics Bureau – down
Government of Singapore – down
Public Utilities Board – down
Careers@Gov – down
Singapore Government Directory Interactive – down
Singapore Parliament – down
Ministry of Manpower – down
SingPass – down
Singapore Prisons Service – down
Singapore Police Force – down
SPRING Singapore – down
Infocomm Development Authority – down
Ministry of Finance – down
Health Promotion Board – down
Housing Development Board – up
Ministry of Defense – up
Central Provident Fund Board- up
Media Development Authority - up
National Research Foundation – up

We will update this article as we receive more information.

The post 19 Singapore government websites taken down simultaneously for “planned maintenance” appeared first on Tech in Asia.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-11-02 at 18:16.
Old 2013-11-02, 19:15   Link #31642
PzIVf3

Moscow, Tokyo To Expand Military Cooperation
November 02, 2013

Quote:
Russia and Japan have agreed to hold joint military and antipiracy exercises and establish a defense-consultation framework.

The agreement was reached at the two countries’ first joint meeting of foreign and defense ministers in Tokyo on November 2.
http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-.../25155760.html
Old 2013-11-02, 20:47   Link #31643
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Venezuela seeks to tame 'Wild West' motorcycle chaos
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99U0EV20131031

Oklahoma gay couple marry under Native American law
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9A00JW20131101
Old 2013-11-04, 09:04   Link #31644
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The Obama Administration seems to believe that targeting the AQ leadership and fellow-travelers might be enough. I don't think there is much you can do about enthusiastic volunteers like the Tsarnaev brothers, but taking out top-level planners can reduce the amount of damage the grunts do.
I must admit. It can't be very easy for AQ to organize when they're working under the restraints of having their leadership blown up this routinely.
Old 2013-11-04, 15:56   Link #31645
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Egypt's Morsi defiant in opening session of trial
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-04-10-35-51

Maine candidate for governor announces he's gay
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-04-11-19-44
Old 2013-11-05, 05:46   Link #31646
killer3000ad

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Skydivers capture mid air collision of their planes. Battlefield moment?

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2013-11-06 at 05:17.
Old 2013-11-05, 07:54   Link #31647
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Senate close to passing bill to ban discrimination against gay workers
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...769_print.html

Here's How To Get In Touch With The Republicans Who Think It's OK To Fire Employees For Being LGBT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4214597.html
Old 2013-11-06, 03:25   Link #31648
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ

http://hamusoku.com/archives/8127047.html

Do they really have nothing better to do but snipe at each other in such lame ways...I mean it's really getting lame now...like two old men bickering...

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Old 2013-11-06, 06:12   Link #31649
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

In Pakistan, Drone Strike Turns a Villain Into a Victim
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/04/wo...-a-martyr.html
Old 2013-11-06, 06:55   Link #31650
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
In Pakistan, Drone Strike Turns a Villain Into a Victim
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/04/wo...-a-martyr.html
They're starting to show their hidden agendas.... This is what I'm disappointed about some of my fellow Muslim brothers. For them, it's better to side with an evil Muslim than a good Christian...
Old 2013-11-06, 07:04   Link #31651
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
They're starting to show their hidden agendas.... This is what I'm disappointed about some of my fellow Muslim brothers. For them, it's better to side with an evil Muslim than a good Christian...
There is a reason it was once preferred to capture evil men alive and put them on trial; because it prevents martyrdom. If you blow them up, you give them a dramatic explosive death that looks good to PR, you make them look better posthumously than they deserved.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:04   Link #31652
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I thought Pakistan's game is always that of pitting allies vs allies and profit from the chaos.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:27   Link #31653
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I thought that is Israen's tactic?

Remind me of the bickering between Japan and Korea, both are American's allies.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:45   Link #31654
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is a reason it was once preferred to capture evil men alive and put them on trial; because it prevents martyrdom. If you blow them up, you give them a dramatic explosive death that looks good to PR, you make them look better posthumously than they deserved.
Martyrdom? Now then... what is martyrdom? I don't consider a rapist of a dozen girls, a warlord that slaughtered a thousand people, a drug lord who corrupts the life of thousands etc a martyr just because he was blown up to smithereens.

I call it KARMA. He only got what is equal for his doings.

His death will not change that cruel things he had done. Even if he's a brother of mine... I may weep for him.. not because he is a martyr... but why he did such a stupid (evil) thing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought Pakistan's game is always that of pitting allies vs allies and profit from the chaos.
Nah, they're just jealous that America succeeding on what they (the Pakistanis) supposed to be doing in the first place.... Pathetic they are...
Old 2013-11-06, 07:47   Link #31655
Ridwan

"War on Terror" is a great idea like that.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:55   Link #31656
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Nah, they're just jealous that America succeeding on what they (the Pakistanis) supposed to be doing in the first place.... Pathetic they are...
I wouldn't be as sure as you are on this one, the ISI is well know to have played on both side for many years to get whatever they could get ...
Old 2013-11-06, 08:06   Link #31657
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I wouldn't be as sure as you are on this one, the ISI is well know to have played on both side for many years to get whatever they could get ...
So what's the point of changing sides? The good guy killed a bad guy and now the good guy is bad? I don't get people nowadays...
Old 2013-11-06, 08:37   Link #31658
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just like that old famous quote of Henry Temple: "We have no enternal allies, and we have no perpentual enemies. Our interests are enternal and perpentual, and those interests it is our duty to follow."

But the question is: Whose Interests? A common American man, or of the Capitalist Cooporation and Banks on Wall Street?

The World has made me go in awe because of how magnificent does it work. But it's also make me disgusted sometime. And it's Man's Short-sighted and Selfisness that did it!
Old 2013-11-06, 08:42   Link #31659
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post

But the question is: Whose Interests? A common American man, or of the Capitalist Cooporation and Banks on Wall Street?
.... or the Pakistanis.... or the Taliban?
Old 2013-11-06, 08:47   Link #31660
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I thought that is Israen's tactic?

Remind me of the bickering between Japan and Korea, both are American's allies.
Pakistan has a longer history than that. They helped the post-revolution Iran against US's propaganda, harboured Chinese officers near US aircraft landed at their airstrips, supported and worked against the Taliban (they like to call them the Mujahideen) and turned over the Taliban to the US to gain concessions.

They played everyone for the lulz and profit. quite blatantly - IMO they would have won the "most honest foreign policy Nobel Prize" if it ever existed.

As for Japan and South Korea, it is only on the political side digging up old history to keep the senile members in their ranks mentally active. They always have cultural exchanges and military cooperation going on - to me it is like a couple of twin lolis bickering over small stuff in front of their foster grandfather (US) with a perverted middle-aged man (China) licking his lips for a chance to violate them.

Oh yes, and that Kuma-san to their Northeast too, which Japan just agreed to play warships with. Pedobear must have been delighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
"War on Terror" is a great idea like that.
That is what I like and hate about the US of A - they are a bunch of idealists to the extent that they try to impose all of it onto others.

Democracy is great for economic development and human development.....but sometimes, old habits die hard. Namely deep-rooted culture, which are usually sores caused by US winning past conflicts - and without support from the people you can't win the economic game.

Quote:
So what's the point of changing sides? The good guy killed a bad guy and now the good guy is bad? I don't get people nowadays...
Internal politics. They have dwindling support from the local population, and they still hate India. Besides US has been rather cosy towards India in the past 10 years and UK, being a supporter of Pakistan, is in little or no way antagonistic towards the USA (other than their indirect threats of annexing Canada and cutting off their maple syrup and moose meat supply).

You could be right about sour grapes too; US being successful at smacking the Taliban in the recent years, most likely due to the intel they got from burglaring OBL's house. That is a bloody treasure trove of intel.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-11-06 at 09:01.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news