AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-19, 18:05   Link #1
bakato

Defeating the Demon Lord’s a Cinch (If You Have a Ringer)

Quote:
A high-level crusader of the Church, Ares Crown has been assigned to be the healer of the newly-summoned hero's party as he prepares to take on Kranos, the dreaded Demon Lord. Ares takes his role very seriously, so when he discovers that the hero's entirely party, barring Ares himself, is ridiculously weak, he's aghast. But when he complains to the Church, not only do they not do anything, they act as if this was how it was supposed to be all along. Can Ares manage to keep the world's worst hero from dying until he can kill Kranos, or is Ares going to have to do it himself?
Title: 誰にでもできる影から助ける魔王討伐
Author: Tsukikage
Illustrator: bob

Currently licensed by Yen Press, the first volume will be released on August 21. I don't do isekai, but this series is criminally under everyone's radar. Checked out the preview after reading a review and it looks solid.
Old 2018-08-23, 23:00   Link #2
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I like the illustration of the samurai girl.

Read the preview, seems a little humourless and dry for my tastes.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 13:57   Link #3
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I like the illustration of the samurai girl.

Read the preview, seems a little humourless and dry for my tastes.
It's not supposed to laugh-out-loud funny like Konosuba. This is a deconstruction and satire of the isekai hero trope.
Old 2018-09-13, 12:38   Link #4
Tenzen12

This is actually pretty good. Ares is pretty interesting guy (what kind of priest spent half of his time cursing gods?!), Amelia is fun too (not sure if it's appropriate say, they are match made in heaven)

And finally Nao, this hero looks like generic stupid harem seeking desilusional megalomaniac "hero". Well Nao is certainly stupid, that much is true, but I myself were reluctantly willing give benefit of doubt even after that dick move kicking Ares out of party. I suspected abusive father or something, but truth was much simplier and I would almost say elegant. I find it pretty brilliant twist, that I should see comming, but didn't

I certainly am looking forward to next volume.
Old 2018-09-13, 12:44   Link #5
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
This is actually pretty good. Ares is pretty interesting guy (what kind of priest spent half of his time cursing gods?!), Amelia is fun too (not sure if it's appropriate say, they are match made in heaven)

And finally Nao, this hero looks like generic stupid harem seeking desilusional megalomaniac "hero". Well Nao is certainly stupid, that much is true, but I myself were reluctantly willing give benefit of doubt even after that dick move kicking Ares out of party. I suspected abusive father or something, but truth was much simplier and I would almost say elegant. I find it pretty brilliant twist, that I should see comming, but didn't

What, is he a girl or something?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 12:49   Link #6
Tenzen12

Well, that's secret. I enjoyed that twist too much to deprive others of opportunity experience it on own skin. I guess I can spoil it to you if you insist, but please take into consideration that I really don't wanna.
Old 2018-09-13, 13:00   Link #7
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Honestly, I was going to give this novel a pass because I hate the trope where you turn one male character into an idiot just to make the MC look better. I was just wondering if that was true or not.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 13:41   Link #8
Tenzen12

As I said Nao is certainly idiot, but It's not for sake of making Ares look good, who has lot of issues in it's own right. It's pretty hilarious seeing him going full balistic over party fails. But they all will improve and at least hero needs to be stronger than MC eventually, because without special hero exclussive blessing Demon lord is untouchable and Nao despite some nastiness isn't as bad as first sight would imply.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-09-13 at 13:56.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 20:47   Link #9
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

I don't know if you were there, but I was once part of the Arifureta fandom and like everyone else a Kouki hater. What awes me the most about this story is how it gets me to pull the wool over my own eyes with my own prejudice. A quarter into the book when Nao kicked Ares out of the party, I was inclined to believe him to be a harem seeking delusional megalomaniac "hero". I wanted to believe it and every other characters bought it too. I was totally willing to overlook the somewhat out of place interactions between Ares and the party like the way Limis and Aria defended Nao, but not in some cliche lovestruck fashion.

I also want to point out just how refreshing it is to have a church-affiliated protagonist and secondary characters that don't subscribe to the whole evil, corrupt church trope. Fiction is oversaturated with the stuff though real life events don't help discourage it. I love every single one of these guys. I almost mistook Helios for Yuri from Megalobox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Honestly, I was going to give this novel a pass because I hate the trope where you turn one male character into an idiot just to make the MC look better. I was just wondering if that was true or not.
That trope is nonexistent here. No one here is dumb out of narrative necessity. In fact, Aria and Limis are more useful than there backgrounds would suggest.
Old 2018-10-23, 02:32   Link #10
Nymene

Lightbulb Darenidemo Dekiru Kage Kara Tasukeru Maou Toubatsu

Original title : 誰にでもできる影から助ける魔王討伐
Web Novel Page : https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054880238351
Current Status : 181 chapters and continuing
Published as Light Novel too under Enterbrain

Author : Tsukikage 槻影
Illustrator : Bob

Summary :

It has been ten years since The Demon Lord Kranos declaring war against all the humanity.

Against the powerful army of Kranos, at the brink of it’s own destruction, The kingdom decided to use The Church secret summoning ritual to call upon heroes.

I was selected as it’s priest (healer) as a leftover party member in the Tōdō naotsugu’s party, the sacred hero party. Inside it there are already two core member, a magician and a swordsman. But then I notice something, even though we were the first line of defense against the demon lord army, we don’t have any ability to fight.

Is it possible for me to fight against the demon lord army and leveling up the hero party at the same time!?

FAQ :

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-23 at 02:42. Reason: sp
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 02:52   Link #11
wuhugm
Confused Shark

How many hero parties?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 03:03   Link #12
Nymene

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
How many hero parties?
I just started reading, so I don't know much, but for now only one hero party.

The MC was chased out of the Yuusha party, so he supports them in secret by concealing his actions( of assisting them in battles, etc...)

So, the MC supports and helps them in secret ( As the title mentioned, "Kage kara tasukeru" )

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-23 at 03:04. Reason: sp
Old 2018-10-23, 03:24   Link #13
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Why must he help them?
Just let them die
Old 2018-10-23, 04:32   Link #14
bakato

I already made an LN thread for this. The hero has the protection and blessings of the gods which will allow him to penetrate the protection of the demon lord and his generals. So it has to be the hero.
Old 2018-10-23, 04:49   Link #15
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Just rejoin the party then
Old 2018-10-23, 04:50   Link #16
Mirable
ミラベル

Ugh this one remind me of Ankoku Kishi Monogatari.

I wonder what the fun is watching idiot Hero done some stupid thing and messes up everything but still gets all the fame and girls while MC gets nothing and goes around cleanning up their mess.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 04:58   Link #17
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Just rejoin the party then
Hero kicked him out.
Old 2018-10-23, 05:04   Link #18
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^So what?
If he truly wants to save the isekai, he should beg to be allowed to rejoin the party even if he must lick the hero's feet
Old 2018-10-23, 05:52   Link #19
Nymene

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I already made an LN thread for this. The hero has the protection and blessings of the gods which will allow him to penetrate the protection of the demon lord and his generals. So it has to be the hero.
It has an online web novel version too for those who want to read for free.

I also found the translated version available at NovelUpdates recently.

For Tora's question, I think the priest works at his kingdom and is under orders to help the Yuusha defeat the Maou despite the Yuusha not wanting males in his party, so the MC cannot say no as that would be treason to his country if he refuses to help the Yuusha.

Oh, and the priest MC is a local/native of that fantasy world if I'm not mistaken, and the Yuusha is summoned from another world, which is modern Japan.

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-23 at 06:01. Reason: The MC is a local
Old 2018-10-23, 06:21   Link #20
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
For Tora's question, I think the priest works at his kingdom and is under orders to help the Yuusha defeat the Maou despite the Yuusha not wanting males in his party, so the MC cannot say no as that would be treason to his country if he refuses to help the Yuusha.
Even more reason to beg Yuusha to let him back in

Like, if people in isekai stories are not all retards, they must be frequently monitor and consult the Yuusha in his journey
I mean he's literally the sole hope of the world
What would happen if they just go and ask Yuusha, where the f is our priest?

Tags
mc expelled from party, mc is a priest, mc not overpowered, yuusha is a jerk, yuusha is a saint, yuusha party