AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-17, 14:13   Link #1441
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This almost tempts me to buy an iPhone. If only there were a service provider that had a pay as you go plan that worked with it (they all seem to require you to use their own phones).
It's also available for the iPod touch if you have one according to iTunes. I cannot attest to the store or the process of purchasing an app due to the fact that I don't have either Apple product or software.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-18, 05:40   Link #1442
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
^^^ In Japan, sometimes they use licensed characters and stories to sell packaged food. One tune that always makes me chuckle is "Dekaranger Sausage" from the show Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.
Wow... I wonder if it's still edible after shipping. I mean, Asakura's cooking is said to be awesome...

Quote:
There is now an app on the Japanese iPhone related to Haruhi. It's not anything I expected. Produced by Kadokawa Publications, I present one of the latest games on the iPhone: The Day of Sagittarius III!

For those with iPhones, you can purchase it from the store for $1.99. Link is here for more details.
This just makes me smile. Yuki would play this game so hard the iPhone screen would be cracked
Old 2010-02-18, 10:18   Link #1443
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
She can always repair it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-02-19, 10:02   Link #1444
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
A review of Ryoko's Oden has finally surfaced thanks to this site (NSFW!). They've put up some pictures of the packaging, both of the box and of the contents. It doesn't look like much for 525 yen.

Edit: Kadokawa was nice enough to provide a video of someone playing the Day of Sagittarius iPhone/iTouch game here on Youtube.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-19 at 10:51. Reason: added video for DOSIII
Old 2010-02-19, 12:42   Link #1445
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
A review of Ryoko's Oden has finally surfaced thanks to this site (NSFW!). They've put up some pictures of the packaging, both of the box and of the contents. It doesn't look like much for 525 yen.

Edit: Kadokawa was nice enough to provide a video of someone playing the Day of Sagittarius iPhone/iTouch game here on Youtube.
I was about to ask 'What's so NSFW about a review on Oden?' when I saw those images. Yep, I was surprised.

I lol-ed at 'It doesn't come with a knife!'

Man that game is complex. If I were to play the game I think I'll end up just like Mikuru
Old 2010-02-19, 17:20   Link #1446
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Amazon has discounted the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody Limited Edition DVD again. The sale price is now 930 yen. Yes, for less than 1/4th of the normal price of the set, you could get the DVD set. It has been rocketing up the anime DVD charts to be the top seller at times today, even beating out the Evangeleon 2.2 movie.

In other news, next week is huge for Haruhi merchandise. We have the following occuring:

2/24: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu Theme Song: Yasashii Bōkyaku
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Mini Album: Imaginary ENOZ featuring HARUHI

2/25: Official Guidebook: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu

2/26: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Volume 5.857142 DVD (New 7th Volume)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou DVD
Shounen Ace (March issue) which features the Haruhi-chan strips

2/27: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu repeat campaign begins: Film Bookmark available.

A lot of otaku money is out to be spent this week.

Old 2010-02-19, 19:56   Link #1447
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Why am I not surprised by the sudden influx of Haruhi related goods after the release of a movie?

lol.
Old 2010-02-20, 04:46   Link #1448
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I was about to ask 'What's so NSFW about a review on Oden?' when I saw those images. Yep, I was surprised.
i don't get it... i saw the pics but... what do you guys get that i dont?
Old 2010-02-20, 07:24   Link #1449
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
i don't get it... i saw the pics but... what do you guys get that i dont?
The ads on the sides of the article are not of the work-safe variety.

To add some news, on the daily Oricon rankings for all DVDs yesterday, the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody Limited Edition DVD was number 12. Apparently people are trying to get rid of stock and after the movie, people are wanting DVDs.

Edit: In addition, the official Haruhi website finally has a listing for the last 2009 DVD here Nothing new to report that wasn't in any of the past sets. Covers were revealed earlier this week.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-20 at 08:57.
Old 2010-02-20, 09:51   Link #1450
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
The ads on the sides of the article are not of the work-safe variety.
oh... i notcied those but i didn' think you were referring to them though...
Old 2010-02-20, 12:10   Link #1451
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Amazon has discounted the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody Limited Edition DVD again. The sale price is now 930 yen. Yes, for less than 1/4th of the normal price of the set, you could get the DVD set. It has been rocketing up the anime DVD charts to be the top seller at times today, even beating out the Evangeleon 2.2 movie.

In other news, next week is huge for Haruhi merchandise. We have the following occuring:

2/24: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu Theme Song: Yasashii Bōkyaku
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Mini Album: Imaginary ENOZ featuring HARUHI

2/25: Official Guidebook: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu

2/26: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Volume 5.857142 DVD (New 7th Volume)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou DVD
Shounen Ace (March issue) which features the Haruhi-chan strips

2/27: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu repeat campaign begins: Film Bookmark available.

A lot of otaku money is out to be spent this week.
Holy smokes, when price falls demand increases! ... Sorry, economics school work flooding my brain now.

My, my my... The only item I probably can't get it the film bookmark, but the rest is still going to burn a hole in a pocket (as if there weren't enough already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
oh... i notcied those but i didn' think you were referring to them though...
These things tend to catch the attention of people, even passer-bys, so it's safer to put NSFW in case, y'know...
Old 2010-02-25, 18:24   Link #1452
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday when the Oricon sales reports show the sales for the next Sigh DVD. Amazon is temporarily out of stock and CD Japan only reports 5 left as of this post. Mine hasn't even shipped yet, which I'm shocked at. Can't wait to see which coaster I get, but so far I'm hoping for this one:

Old 2010-03-01, 16:35   Link #1453
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

I did indeed get that exact coaster as posted last Friday. However....

Film Bookmark GET!
(It's the family watching Mikuru and Haruhi do the Mikuru Beam at 9:08 in Sigh III)

Old 2010-03-01, 23:11   Link #1454
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I didn't get any specials (only witch-Yuki on the coaster) but I really liked the screenshots on the first DVD this time *_*. I want Blu-rays...

The German post for the DVD is ready (photos and screenhots). I really have to go to sleep, so no translation at the moment...
Old 2010-03-02, 06:12   Link #1455
Bri

Wow, people already got Vol 7... My volume 6 is still stuck somewhere in shipping (if not lost). I hate TNT.
Old 2010-03-02, 06:26   Link #1456
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Wow, people already got Vol 7... My volume 6 is still stuck somewhere in shipping (if not lost). I hate TNT.
Have patience. These DVDs are pretty nice, especially if you are lucky and get a film bookmark or special coaster. It's really cool to see the original places that are modeled in the show and see how closely they animated them. Right around volume 5 4/7- 5 5/7 they started going outside of the school and that's been a pleasure to see. Plus you have a live version of Super Driver to look forward to. The BGM is worth it too, the past two DVDs have been amazing.

I'm also going to plug my own review and photo album for those who want to see an English review.

Old 2010-03-02, 07:19   Link #1457
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Have patience. These DVDs are pretty nice, especially if you are lucky and get a film bookmark or special coaster. It's really cool to see the original places that are modeled in the show and see how closely they animated them. Right around volume 5 4/7- 5 5/7 they started going outside of the school and that's been a pleasure to see. Plus you have a live version of Super Driver to look forward to. The BGM is worth it too, the past two DVDs have been amazing.

I'm also going to plug my own review and photo album for those who want to see an English review.
Waitaminute, I have just one question. I haven't been getting much Haruhi merchandise given my expenditure on the Haruhi cards (and still not a full set yet!), so I'm not too clear on this; When you get these DVDs, they actually give you a film bookmark and/or a special coaster? Or is it a random insertion where only a certain number of people gets it?
Old 2010-03-02, 07:23   Link #1458
Gyom

Send a message via MSN to Gyom
You have at lesat one coaster in each limited edition DVD
Old 2010-03-02, 07:31   Link #1459
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Waitaminute, I have just one question. I haven't been getting much Haruhi merchandise given my expenditure on the Haruhi cards (and still not a full set yet!), so I'm not too clear on this; When you get these DVDs, they actually give you a film bookmark and/or a special coaster? Or is it a random insertion where only a certain number of people gets it?
Each Limited edition DVD set comes with the special cover and the special packaging. There is a postcard set with the cover art for both the limited edition and the normal edition covers. Finally, the set includes the limited edition disc and one of five coasters for that volume. If you are lucky, you can get the special coaster (a picture of a character) for that set (SP#) and/or a film bookmark. I have seen pictures of a person who got both the special coaster and a film bookmark for set 5 2/7. The special coasters and film bookmarks are randomly assorted, so you are not guaranteed one. They did give out more extras for the Endless Eight DVDs. Volume 5 1/7 had a box to place 4 sets in while the other three sets had a clear mini file with an image from the Endless Eight prologue included on the limited edition disc for volume 5 2/7. I haven't gotten a special coaster, but I have three film bookmarks of 7 sets.

Old 2010-03-02, 21:19   Link #1460
netvope
SOS-Dan

Do the DVDs contain Japanese subtitles? (I guess probably not, but I'm trying to find the Japanese subtitles, if they would exist...)