AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-24, 22:43   Link #501
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um, heh.. are ya'll posting in the right thread? It sounds like you're discussing ep 20 rather than ep 19.
Old 2009-03-23, 14:41   Link #502
Raiga
tl;dr

Dunno if anyone else has pointed it out (not gonna read 500 posts v_v) but I was just rewatching this ep and noticed this at the party, right around 8:02.

Spoiler for Screenshot:

So that's where Ryuuji got the Santa suit.

... wait if the kid with the suit was at the party... didn't we see Ryuuji running from the party first... before trading... er... hmm.
Old 2009-03-23, 17:13   Link #503
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It has been pointed out before. And Ryuji got his suit back, as well, in a later episode...

Old 2009-03-23, 17:27   Link #504
Raiga
tl;dr

Yeah, but what I mean is, if the guy in the suit was at the party, and then Ryuuji just ran out of the party, and we don't see him trading for the suit... when did he get it? Did he go back?
Old 2009-03-23, 17:36   Link #505
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd have to watch the episode again, but I don't really remember seeing Ryuji running out of the party. Nevertheless, it wouldn't be too out of character for him to think about the Santa-bear suit and go back to trade with the guy wearing it...

Old 2009-03-23, 17:53   Link #506
typhonsentra

Well I for one didn't notice that, so thanks.
Old 2009-03-23, 19:22   Link #507
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

And I don't know if this has been pointed out before... but on the lighter side, it would have made more sense for Taiga instead of Ryuuji to catch a cold, given her bare-shouldered, barefoot dash out into the freezing winter. Good grief, even when she was indoors, I felt cold looking at her dress. Did Taiga think she was waiting for Santa Claus in Singapore?
Old 2009-03-23, 20:12   Link #508
typhonsentra

Ryuuji was out all night, she was only outside for a few minutes.
Old 2009-04-22, 00:12   Link #509
brain
house music addict

Watching the series for a second time, this was the most spectacular and pivotal episode of all. I'd call this the second climax, following the first one at the pool, and preceding the other climaxes with the school trip and final confessions at the end. This one was the most intense. Minori finally figured everything out, and Taiga, Ryuuji and Ami almost did. So close to the truth, yet so much yet to realize....

Taiga's decomposition at the end was absolutely stunning. You can't help but to cry along with her.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-04-22, 01:35   Link #510
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
Taiga's decomposition at the end was absolutely stunning. You can't help but to cry along with her.
I cry more at the Santa scene. Just the sheer futility of it all really gets to me.
Old 2009-04-22, 04:01   Link #511
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Hell, I did cry at both scenes. My wife even called me a wimp, after catching me in the act...

Old 2009-04-29, 08:41   Link #512
kimholm

Still trying to get over the fact that you have a wife. But yeah, that was probably the biggest of all climaxes.
Old 2009-04-29, 09:52   Link #513
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimholm View Post
Still trying to get over the fact that you have a wife.
Maybe I'm a little slow today, but was that supposed to be a joke?

Old 2009-04-29, 12:57   Link #514
kimholm

Yup, that's right :P
Old 2009-04-29, 16:45   Link #515
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just for future reference: personal jokes like that can be considered offensive. Try to refrain from doing 'em, unless you're already familiar with the person(s) you're replying to. Case in point: I did not know if you were making a joke or throwing a jab (there are some nice trolls around these parts).

Back to topic: I still find this the best episode overall of the series. Even with the kiss at 25.

Old 2010-12-25, 17:58   Link #516
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

To me this is the most shocking episode of the entire series, not that othe other climaxes didn't have impact, they were great each one on the epic moents of this series had a deep impact, but this chapter in particular leave speechless and with tears flowing through my face. I call it a breaking point, this is the turning point in the series where things definetly change, Taigarealizes what are her true feelings and Ryuuji gets rejected by the crush he pursued for the entire series.

The previous chapter has the heartbreaking scene of Minori's ball taking down the tree and it was effective(making me at first feel fury against whoever idito has throwed the ball and then shocked and pity for Minorin because she's already having problemns and the ball was clearly an accident, but ended destroying Taiga's important treasure anyway, i feel almost as guilty as her ;_. But on this episode they manage to turn that effect up to eleven with the xmas party, the "Holy Night" song, the reconstructed starm and everything, the scen with Taiga alone in her appartement is both sad and happy(being good to everyone to try being part of a happy christmas scene only to end up alone again ...her joy when Ryuuji came is very touching) ...then, even when she's very happy Taiga reamins faithful to her promise and send Ryuuji back to the party ...by this point is already stablished that Taiga is not indifferent to Ryuuji anymore si i was expecting a sad scene or comment but then BAM! She not only acknowledges Ryuuji's support and the jey she experience alongside him ...she fully realizes what her feelings for Ryuuji really are ...it's so surprising and shocking that she forgets about her promise for a moment, she doesen0t think on anyone else, for a brief couple of minutes she allow herself to be a biut more greedy and runs before him, i'm 90% sure that Taiga doesen't even what to do if she catches him but that scene is so powerfull it's simply unforgettable, her breakdown after missing him is enveloping and palpable, seeing Taiga engulfed in tears is really sad but Minori's face at the scene is the true ice on the cake, I'll think i find the next climaxes of the series(Taigas's unknoingly confession and the latter) all the more enjoyable thanks to this scene. Al of this pakcaged with a beautifull envelope and a ribbon on the night of Christmas Eve.

Watching this chapter again during Holydays is great experience, even if i already watched the entire series a couple of times, the Christmas atmosphere gives this chaptera new meaning.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-07-19, 03:26   Link #517
DorkingtonPugsly

Just rewatched a bunch of the middle episodes which led me back to ep 19 with the santa suit/taiga's realization scene, and I cried my eyes out again! The first time I watched this was around christmas on winter break not summer break. And it was 4 am as well.