One of the Rookie 8 (sasuke included, assuming he comes bak)) 11 14.47%
Others 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-09, 16:31   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I wasn't comparing her to an Akatsuki member. The only reason I used that example is because the battle against Sasori is literally the only time she's fought decently and she wasn't even in control of her body most of the fight. Every other fight before or after that she's been useless (except for the chuunin prelims, where she was matched against someone as weak as herself). Sakura is booksmart, but she can't apply it in battle like Shikamaru can. Heck, Naruto comes up with better strategies than Sakura, even post-timeskip. It was Naruto who figured out how steal the bells from Kakashi not Sakura. It seem likes you're thinking Sakura=Tsunade which is not the case anymore than Sasuke=Oro Naruto=Jiraiya or Lee=Gai in terms of fighting ability. Maybe it will be one day, but until then, she doesn't carry an advantage over the other chuunin. You're probably right about Neji's situation though. However, I was thinking in terms of ability
Post Time Skip how many fights have Sakura been in? There was the fight against Sasori and then against? who? The Naruto/Nine-tail vs Oro fight? Not even Kabuto and Yamato were able to do anyhting in that fight. So you can't judge in that fight either. Sakura doesn't have the kind of fighting instinct that Naurto has but that doesn't mean she can't learn form experience.

Shiki is smart but unless he get stronger, in one on one fight he is dead meat. Sort like his fight vs Tenmari. He out smarted her and should have won that fight but he didn't have a 2nd move to finish her off and he ran out of chakra. He is the perfect if he can get stronger.

Also take a look at the list of the younger generation. Find someone on that list who is better suited then Sakura. Taking background, ability, intelligence, personality and diplomacy skils into account.

Choji, Dog guy Rock Lee and Naruto. Strong in fights but not much else.
Ino and Tenten. Weaker then Sakura and not as smart.
Neji and Hinata - Branch familiy not even going to be consider.
Bug guy - Too creepy
Sasuke - No one would trust him after being Orochmaru's student
Shiki -Mega-smart but can't hold his own in a fight. At least not for long.

That leaves Sakura. Doesn't have the familiy baggage that Neji and Hinata have. Smarter then Choji Dog Guy Rock Lee and Naruto. Stronger then Ino and Tenten. More popular then the Bug Guy. More trusted then Sasuke. Stronger then Shiki. it is not that Sakura is a great choice but she is basically the only choice unless Shiki get stronger and Naruto get smarter but stuff other then fights.
Old 2007-01-09, 18:03   Link #22
swerv
Stay Up

Konohamaru for a future Hokage, maybe after Naruto. Grandkids seem to be a shoe-in for the job.
Old 2007-01-09, 18:29   Link #23
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

kakashi is the only person that can become next hokage.he has mangekyou sharingan,chidori-raikiri,rasengan..i'm not gonna be too surprised when he use hiraishin..
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 19:52   Link #24
Juruzu
Yondaime's Legacy

still.. neji is growing more social.. he is considered a genius like shika.. out of the group he is the first to become jounin.. he has a considerable amount of chakra...

from wiki

"Neji's personality has changed a great deal after the timeskip (mostly due to Naruto's influence). He has changed his jacket in favor of traditional Hyuga robes and has grown his hair even longer than it already was. Neji is still a very serious person, but he seems to be somewhat more cheerful and kinder. He no longer has a pessimistic attitude that his fate cannot be changed, and he seems to encourage his teammates to a certain extent. Neji also seems to be more willing to use teamwork in battle, rather than always fight alone. Though he still has shown an incredulous attitude towards Guy's and Lee's antics, it would seem it is more routine and he is more used to it by now. He works quickly to get his teammates out of trouble during the encounter with Kisame, helping Tenten up, and readily gives his assistance to Guy and Kakashi when they ask for it."

he also has pretty cool techniques..

[edit] Eight Trigrams Empty Palm
Name: Hakke Kūshō, 八卦空掌, literally "Eight Trigrams Empty Palm" or "Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm"
Type: Unknown
Users: Neji Hyuga
This jutsu is similar in practice to Eight Trigrams Palms Heavenly Spin, but has a specific target rather than a general area. To perform it, the user does a palm thrust at an opponent while expelling a large burst of chakra from their palm. This violently pushes the opponent away. The opponent does not need to be within reach of the user for the attack to be effective.

[edit] Eight Trigrams Palms Great Heavenly Spin
Name: Hakkeshō Dai Kaiten, 八卦掌大回天, literally "Eight Trigrams Palms Great Heavenly Spin", English "Eight Trigrams Large Palm Rotation"
Type: Unknown
Users: Hyuga clan
This jutsu is simply a larger and more powerful version of the Eight Trigram Palms Heavenly Spin.

[edit] Eight Trigrams Palms Heavenly Spin

Heavenly SpinName: Hakkeshō Kaiten, 八卦掌回天, literally "Eight Trigrams Palms Heavenly Spin", English "Eight Trigrams Palm Rotation"
Type: Hiden, No rank, Defensive, Short range (0-5m)
This jutsu utilizes the chakra control gained through Gentle Fist training to release a huge amount of chakra from the user's chakra points when struck. The released chakra blocks any possible attack. The user then spins themselves rapidly to parry the attack, both creating a shield of chakra around themselves and tossing away any would-be attackers.

[edit] Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms

Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four PalmsName: Hakke Rokujūyon Shō, 八卦六十四掌, literally "Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms", English "Gentle Fist Art: Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms"
Type: Hiden, No rank, Offensive, Short range (0-5m)
This jutsu closes off sixty-four specific chakra points on an opponent's body, effectively eliminating their ability to use chakra for quite some time and making it quite difficult for them to move. It begins with two heavy strikes, followed by four more, then eight, then sixteen, then thirty-two, and then sixty-four strikes. Each set of strikes is done at an increasing pace.

He pretty much short, mid-range and long-range covered.. if he could and elements to his attacks.. his a force to be reckon with..

besides being a side branch and being very young... he would be a pretty good candidate...
Juruzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:02   Link #25
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Kakashi? Not good enough. Yet, he doesnt really appreciate kids.

Shikamaru, indeed the most smartest person in the village but hes too lazy. U cant be lazy. He lacks power and ninjutsu also.

Sasuke? Well, this is something I wouldn't talk about.

Lee may be good, but he lacks ninjutsu and genjutsu.

Guy, I think he could be if he gets more ninjutsu et genjutsu. And his kinda creepy =_= and weird.

Konohamaru, well I dont know yet.

Well anyway a lot more.

But I consider Jiraiya might be the best choice of all. He like kids, his strong, know a lot of techniques and his a Sannin. Except his pervert.
Who cares? Every guy is pervert. Its from our blood. The problem is...he just wants to have fun. Unless he changes his mind at the last minute just like Tsunade

Well anyway, it wont get anywhere since the Hokage is going to be Naruto =D FTW
Old 2007-01-09, 20:19   Link #26
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy View Post
Kakashi? Not good enough. Yet, he doesnt really appreciate kids.
Agreed, Kikashi needs a greater amount of chakra if he's going to become hokage.

Quote:
Shikamaru, indeed the most smartest person in the village but hes too lazy. U cant be lazy. He lacks power and ninjutsu also.
Shikamaru's not lazy, he just lacks enthusiasm. And even if he was, Tsunade's pretty lazy herself and she's the current Hokage.

Quote:
Guy, I think he could be if he gets more ninjutsu et genjutsu. And his kinda creepy =_= and weird.
I'm pretty sure Gai has plenty of Gen and Nin, he just prefers taijutsu.

Quote:
t I consider Jiraiya might be the best choice of all. He like kids, his strong, know a lot of techniques and his a Sannin. Except his pervert.
Who cares? Every guy is pervert. Its from our blood. The problem is...he just wants to have fun. Unless he changes his mind at the last minute just like Tsunade
Jiraiya's the type of person who values his freedom, which is most likely why he turned down the hokage position. Because as everyone can see, hes more than qualified to be a hokage. But he'd only become one if there was no one else who could fill the spot. BTW, what's with the "great with kids" thing you guys keep saying? Am I in the right thread?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:23   Link #27
Dantat

Why isn't the ramen shop owner in the poll?

his ramen can bring world peace
Dantat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:28   Link #28
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Post Time Skip how many fights have Sakura been in? There was the fight against Sasori and then against? who? The Naruto/Nine-tail vs Oro fight? Not even Kabuto and Yamato were able to do anyhting in that fight. So you can't judge in that fight either. Sakura doesn't have the kind of fighting instinct that Naurto has but that doesn't mean she can't learn form experience.
She couldn't do anything against the Itachi clone. She couldn't do anything against Sasuke. How many fights does she need to be in to prove herself? Pre-timeskip she had plenty of chances to stand out, and she didn't. She didn't win one fight. Not one. She never even came close to defeating a single enemy ninja. Post-timeskip, she has stood out in one fight and she would've died immediately if not for the major support of an ally who was arguably near Sannin-level. Now you're saying she's Hokage material? I have yet to see anything supporting that.

Quote:
Shiki is smart but unless he get stronger, in one on one fight he is dead meat. Sort like his fight vs Tenmari. He out smarted her and should have won that fight but he didn't have a 2nd move to finish her off and he ran out of chakra. He is the perfect if he can get stronger.
Shikamaru could've easily thrown a kunai or shuriken in her head and the fight would've been over for sure, but Shika's not the type to kill someone simply to win a tournament match. What he didn't have is a way to subdue her without killing her. But if you're going to claim this, then I can claim the same thing about Sakura since she has yet to handle herself in a one-on-one fight nearly as well as Shika or any other former rookie for that matter. If you think her "super strength" and medical aptitude are the same thing as fighting ability, then you are mistaken.

Quote:
Also take a look at the list of the younger generation. Find someone on that list who is better suited then Sakura. Taking background, ability, intelligence, personality and diplomacy skils into account.

Choji, Dog guy Rock Lee and Naruto. Strong in fights but not much else.
Ino and Tenten. Weaker then Sakura and not as smart.
Neji and Hinata - Branch familiy not even going to be consider.
Bug guy - Too creepy
Sasuke - No one would trust him after being Orochmaru's student
Shiki -Mega-smart but can't hold his own in a fight. At least not for long.

That leaves Sakura. Doesn't have the familiy baggage that Neji and Hinata have. Smarter then Choji Dog Guy Rock Lee and Naruto. Stronger then Ino and Tenten. More popular then the Bug Guy. More trusted then Sasuke. Stronger then Shiki. it is not that Sakura is a great choice but she is basically the only choice unless Shiki get stronger and Naruto get smarter but stuff other then fights.

You're hyping Sakura's abilities and downplaying everybody else. Sakura's booksmart sure, yet she has none of the cunning that is even more crucial to shinobi than smarts. She was actually trying to pass the chuunin written exam when nearly everyone figured out you were supposed to cheat. She couldn't even recognize an enemy ninja disguised as Naruto. Post-timeskip, she could'nt even figure out a way to pass the bell test yet Naruto who's "dumber" than her could. So what's her intelligence supposed to do in a real battle? And there's not much evidence that she's stronger than Ino or Tenten. Sakura hasn't held her own in a fight with anyone. Name one time she's fought 1-on-1 with an enemy ninja.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:49   Link #29
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Maybe Sauske, let's just say Naruto dies in the end while saving Sasuke. And Sasuke becomes good again he decide to become Hokage for Naruto. Of course that would never happen since this is Naruto
Old 2007-01-09, 20:54   Link #30
Slayerx

My top choice... Sakura
She may not be much now, but she has some of the highest potenial out of the characters... While her stats for fighting are generally low, her rather high intellegance, chakra control, and knowledge of hand seals i think would give her serious edge in terms of growth... She's developing Tsunade's strength as well as her medical jutsu, and she also has above average genjustu compared to others...
It's as Kakashi said at the begining of the time skip... Sakura has the potenial to surpass Tsunade... That's atleast Sannin level right there

Shikamaru is the second choice... however while a good choice for his high intellgence, he lacks somewhat with his lack of stamina and his personality kinda holds him back, he wouldn't want such a troublesome job with such heavy responicbilities... though some of his lazy attude might dissappear after these latest chapters... however, considering shika's main strength is in his brain, kohona would not really need him as hokage, persay... he can take up a job as one of the hokage's advisors

Kakashi an ok choice... very strong and smart, though a serious lack in stamina would hold him back (and unlike rookies, he's pretty much close to done growing)... i also think that he would be alot like jiriaya, in that he probably wouldn't want the job... Kakashi seems more like the kind of ninja whose true strength is out in the field, on the offensive

Most others don't really cut it...
Sasuke- knock out due to pack with oro, village would never trust him enough... though if he didn't ever go to oro, he probably would be much closer to being a top pick

neji... Curse seal automatically knocks him out of the running... if he never got that seal, like sasuke, he would have been a pretty good choice
Gai- awsome taijutsu, poor at everything else
Rock lee- same as gai...
Kurenai- overall, she's more of average jounin and i don't see her ever getting kage level
Yamato- cna't be sure about him... though outside that mokuton, i'd imagine him to be pretty average
konohamaru- i'd rather not think about that one... though at his age, he has an unknown potenial... so you never know- not to mention that 3 out of 5 hokages were blood related, so kohonamaru might get a genetic edge due from sarutobi...

Other Rookies- mostly either lack strength, or intellegence... though i tihnk Shino's, got some potential... unfortunatly, poeple tend not to notice him so he may end up getting over looked despite it all =P

Quote:
still.. neji is growing more social.. he is considered a genius like shika.. out of the group he is the first to become jounin.. he has a considerable amount of chakra...
In naruto, genius is mostly used as a way to say that someone is born with great ninja talent... not nesassarily brains (shikamaru is the exception to this)

According to databooks, compared to the other rookies, Neji intellgance would be only slightly above average... he's not even close to Shikamaru... though it's relativly good, out of the 12 genin, i think he's about 4th... i think hinata actually about ties with him, if not then right behind him...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-01-09 at 21:21.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:57   Link #31
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I voted for Konohamaru just fro Crack was pleasantly suprised there were two votes already there . Go Konohamaru !!!
Old 2007-01-09, 21:33   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Yamato- cna't be sure about him... though outside that mokuton, i'd imagine him to be pretty average

He was pick to replace Kekashi. And was introduce as a Elite in the ANBU forces. I would he more then above avg in terms of skills and intelligence. His repeated use of the Mokuton helping Naurto train does mark him as having more stamina then kekashi but his skill level is probably lower the Kekashi.
Old 2007-01-09, 22:10   Link #33
Slayerx

Quote:
He was pick to replace Kekashi. And was introduce as a Elite in the ANBU forces. I would he more then above avg in terms of skills and intelligence. His repeated use of the Mokuton helping Naurto train does mark him as having more stamina then kekashi but his skill level is probably lower the Kekashi
well, i should have been a bit more clear... by average i mean more along the lines that of most jounin, like kurenai and asuma... i just don't really see him as one to be reaching as high level fighting ability like few other jounin like kakashi... however, this perception i have of him is based on what we've seen him do, which he has not been given much oppurtunity to do... a few good jutsus, but we've never seen him in a serious fight

Naruto stole the fight with oro and kabuto... and then there was Sasuke where yamato got pinned down do to an unforeseeable weapon (unblockable sword?!... so cheap...), and then after he recovers, Oro stops the fight and we are thus stolen any chance to really see him in serious action... until next chapter i hope ^^

So ya your pretty right, my view of Yamato can be pretty scewed at his point, and he may deserve more credit
Old 2007-01-10, 14:25   Link #34
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Hokage level... Most of the hokages were geniuses of their times. So I picked a genius too. Neji just has the stuff. He's quickly a jounin and in another 5 or 8 years he will be sannin or even hokage level. He has the demeanor and the talent and the leadership ability.

Kakashi... tires too easily
Gai... don't know if he has good leadership skills
SHikamaru... more of an adviser than the leader of an entire village
Sakura... wussy. Come on. Lets be serious here
Yamato???
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 17:55   Link #35
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juruzu View Post
Spoiler:

He pretty much short, mid-range and long-range covered.. if he could and elements to his attacks.. his a force to be reckon with..

besides being a side branch and being very young... he would be a pretty good candidate...
He probably already can...he has 2 elements that's for sure. Since he is a jounin....the Hyuuga's prodigy so he probably can do such attacks...(probably wind & earth) which would seem logical...
Old 2007-01-10, 18:56   Link #36
Slayerx

Quote:
He probably already can...he has 2 elements that's for sure. Since he is a jounin....the Hyuuga's prodigy so he probably can do such attacks...(probably wind & earth) which would seem logical...
This is actually a big unknown... while i do not recall what was exactly said, being able to use 2 elements is not a requirement for a jounin, it's just something that most jounin tend to develop... and just because a ninja doesn't develop two elemental styles doesn't at all mean they can't be considered strong enough to reach jounin rank... If Neji doesn't actually go out of his way to learn other jutsus then he never will... Neji could have spent all this time just plain increasing the power of current style of fighting

Also... i kind of see him as more of wind and water type
Old 2007-01-10, 22:06   Link #37
Juruzu
Yondaime's Legacy

Quote:
According to databooks, compared to the other rookies, Neji intellgance would be only slightly above average... he's not even close to Shikamaru... though it's relativly good, out of the 12 genin, i think he's about 4th... i think hinata actually about ties with him, if not then right behind him...
oohh.. who is second and third?
Juruzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 22:12   Link #38
Varisha
zero no dai fan

I don't understand why in the Narutoverse the hokage needs to be one of the strongest fighters in the village. From what we've seen, his or her main job is diplomacy and logistics, not fighting. It seems like the main qualification should be intelligence and wisdom. Obviously the leader of a ninja village should be a competent ninja because they have to understand how the village operates, but that doesn't require being at an elite level.

The only reason the leader need fighting ability is because he or she is an obvious target, but ninja villages should be able to develop a decent defense system. Granted, we haven't seen any examples of such so far, but then again we haven't seen any kage who were able to fend off assassination attempts either.

I suppose I'm thinking to hard about the logic of the power structure in a shounen fighting manga.
Old 2007-01-10, 22:29   Link #39
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juruzu View Post
oohh.. who is second and third?
Sakura then Shino...
Old 2007-01-10, 22:31   Link #40
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varisha View Post
I don't understand why in the Narutoverse the hokage needs to be one of the strongest fighters in the village. From what we've seen, his or her main job is diplomacy and logistics, not fighting. It seems like the main qualification should be intelligence and wisdom. Obviously the leader of a ninja village should be a competent ninja because they have to understand how the village operates, but that doesn't require being at an elite level.

The only reason the leader need fighting ability is because he or she is an obvious target, but ninja villages should be able to develop a decent defense system. Granted, we haven't seen any examples of such so far, but then again we haven't seen any kage who were able to fend off assassination attempts either.

I suppose I'm thinking to hard about the logic of the power structure in a shounen fighting manga.
It's more than that., Even though it appears they mostly sit around and do paperwork a Hokage is actually supposed to be the last line of defense for the village. It is his/her duty to protect Konoha when there is a direct threat and all other defenses fail. This was the case with Yondaime and the Kyuubi as well as with Sandaime and Oro. The Kage of a village also represents the relative strength of that village. If a village has a weak Kage then they will be perceived as weak as a whole and some other village will invariably take the opportunity to attack. That's why it's more important for the Hokage to be strong than to have great intelligence or diplomacy, advisors can handle all that if necessary.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote