AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-11, 11:49   Link #34181
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

As much as Japan wants to be a pacifist state, I think that Japan's rearmament and slowed reliance on the US of A for defence is good for the country as a whole. One can't just keep silent if the neighbour keeps throwing stuff at your windows hoping that you will surrender your property to him.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-07-11, 12:04   Link #34182
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As much as Japan wants to be a pacifist state, I think that Japan's rearmament and slowed reliance on the US of A for defence is good for the country as a whole. One can't just keep silent if the neighbour keeps throwing stuff at your windows hoping that you will surrender your property to him.
Still, one can also argue that taxpayers who have never had to pay for genuine military spending, would find it hard to justify why they need to start doing so now. We are talking about a full generation of people who were taught that they don't need a proper military, that kind of mindset can't be changed easily unless they get attacked for real.
Old 2014-07-11, 12:40   Link #34183
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
your government sucked.
You have no idea how right you are. From absurdly expansive apartments, to overly blown prices, to illegal construction beyond the Green Line, this may be the worst ministry we ever had.
Old 2014-07-11, 12:47   Link #34184
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
You have no idea how right you are. From absurdly expansive apartments, to overly blown prices, to illegal construction beyond the Green Line, this may be the worst ministry we ever had.
And yet, if that's what you actually believe, why did you claim we were anti-Israel?

Is it somehow because we are not allowed to criticise your government because they are suppose to be immune to all criticism? Why should anybody be accused of being "Anti-Israel" like it meant something?

Your government would never improve, if we are not allowed to criticise it.

I criticise USA, China and Russia on this forum regularly. I fail to see why anyone else should be treated differently. Should I? Should I put your government on a pedestal and worship it?
Old 2014-07-12, 00:48   Link #34186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Two peoples fighting for the same thing: examining the Israel-Palestine conflict, from 66AD to today

Apparently some people don't understand that this conflict is stupid. All that whining of "return our land" and "the right to settle in Jewish Holy Land" is just purely retarded dick waving.

Should just dynamite the religious buildings in Jerusalem. Then there will be nothing left to fight for.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-07-12, 00:59   Link #34187
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There was once the suggestion of going the Solomon route and glass the city with atomics to make a wide no-man's land with the crater under UN control.

The more harsh suggestion was that if people still felt like it was a holy site, place a rock at the center of the radiation zone. If the person could get to the rock and back unprotected and lived, then they were blessed or something like that.

That is the kind of talk that happens when this thing keeps coming up again and again and again, endlessly for decades with no functional change in the situation for many decades. Nothing else seems to be done, either towards peace, or war. Just stagnation, hatred, and death, without purpose or end....but not war. War would actually imply something was happening to resolve the situation for one side or the other via violent action. This is not war...this is just repetitive bullying and/or terrorism with no gain for either side. No peace, just death, politics, and money.
Old 2014-07-12, 01:16   Link #34188
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Even after the Oslo, everything was still such a mess.

If more people like Yitzhak Rabing are killed, there won't be much hope.
Old 2014-07-12, 01:22   Link #34189
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There was once the suggestion of going the Solomon route and glass the city with atomics to make a wide no-man's land with the crater under UN control.

The more harsh suggestion was that if people still felt like it was a holy site, place a rock at the center of the radiation zone. If the person could get to the rock and back unprotected and lived, then they were blessed or something like that.

That is the kind of talk that happens when this thing keeps coming up again and again and again, endlessly for decades with no functional change in the situation for many decades. Nothing else seems to be done, either towards peace, or war. Just stagnation, hatred, and death, without purpose or end....but not war. War would actually imply something was happening to resolve the situation for one side or the other via violent action. This is not war...this is just repetitive bullying and/or terrorism with no gain for either side. No peace, just death, politics, and money.
my favorite idea has always been to turn Jerusalem into a radioactive waste dump.

the group with the most ppl living in Jerusalem after 99 years with a min of 20 yrs of residency can keep the city.
Old 2014-07-12, 01:30   Link #34190
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Well the Muslim side of the argument is often that Israel is an illegal country with land taken from the Palestine. Considering the fact that the Islamic Empire came in 634 and it still remained majority Christian until Saladin came in, I seriously doubt that veracity of "illegal country". Then it became the Jewish diaspora where most of the original Canaanites fled - it continued switching hands until the Ottoman came in on 1516.

The Brits and Austrians screwed it up after helping the Ottoman retake Palestine from Muhammad Ali of Egypt, which was then given to the British as a Mandate. That is where the trouble started, Zionism was a popular religious political front that culminated in all the raids and revolts in Palestine.

The rest is history - 1948, 1967, 1987, 1993........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
my favorite idea has always been to turn Jerusalem into a radioactive waste dump.

the group with the most ppl living in Jerusalem after 99 years with a min of 20 yrs of residency can keep the city.
Nobody would want to live there then because it would have been impossible to grow anything there!

Ah, found it!

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2014-07-12 at 02:09.
Old 2014-07-12, 02:43   Link #34191
monster

Quote:
Should just dynamite the religious buildings in Jerusalem. Then there will be nothing left to fight for.
Unless I'm mistaken, the fight is over land, not some buildings which can be destroyed and rebuilt.
Quote:
I don't see how that would prove anything. People can die of the same causes in that land as they do anywhere else on Earth (or the universe for that matter). Invincibility is not really part of the feature of that land. It just has a religious/historical significance to some people.
Old 2014-07-12, 02:49   Link #34192
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, the fight is over land, not some buildings which can be destroyed and rebuilt.
It is the religious significance in their texts, like the Dome of Rock, Solomon Stables, etc. That would be one less thing to argue about, even better if the entire Old City is demolished for the 2nd Tower of Babel.

Old 2014-07-12, 02:53   Link #34193
monster

Quote:
It is the religious significance in their texts, like the Dome of Rock, Solomon Stables, etc. That would be one less thing to argue about, even better if the entire Old City is demolished for the 2nd Tower of Babel.
Which, like I said, can be rebuilt. Destroying those buildings, or even the city, would just add them to the list of what they're fighting for.
Old 2014-07-12, 03:00   Link #34194
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Which, like I said, can be rebuilt. Destroying those buildings, or even the city, would just add them to the list of what they're fighting for.
That is why I mentioned building another Tower of Babel.

Old 2014-07-12, 03:04   Link #34195
monster

Quote:
That is why I mentioned building another Tower of Babel.
So not only are you giving them something to rebuild, you're also giving them something to destroy. I'm sure they're more than willing to take the challenge.

(And who wants to waste the resource on building a "Tower of Babel"?)
Old 2014-07-12, 03:07   Link #34196
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
So not only are you giving them something to rebuild, you're also giving them something to destroy. I'm sure they're more than willing to take the challenge.

(And who wants to waste the resource on building a "Tower of Babel"?)
All parties have to participate in building the tower, be it through the slave labour recruitment way of Qatari real estate or high-tech construction techniques Israel employs. That gives common ground.

Old 2014-07-12, 03:31   Link #34197
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, building a crazy oversized ziggurat would give them something to focus on other than blowing each other up.

What was the region like there before Britain decided to shoehorn Israel back into the area? Back when the Ottomans and Mamluks were running the place. Just quick glancing at Wikipedia (paragon of accuracy that it is) it seemed to imply that after the jewish population was forced out of Spain they went back to the area... and it seems, since there is no mention of conflict, that things were alright until Britain smacked down the Ottomans and setup their own governorship, culminating in a promise to make modern day Israel. I'd hazard that things weren't alright at all during the Ottoman and Mamluk rule, but there was a time when Islam and Judaism got on. I know I read it somewhere, or saw it in a documentary about a some ancient times.
Old 2014-07-12, 03:55   Link #34198
monster

Quote:
All parties have to participate in building the tower, be it through the slave labour recruitment way of Qatari real estate or high-tech construction techniques Israel employs. That gives common ground.
Again, why would anyone want to build a tower?
Old 2014-07-12, 06:06   Link #34199
JokerD

I'm in favor of the nuking solution. And make sure the area stays radioactive via a dirty bomb. Whoever wants the area can get it, they just wouldn't live very long afterwards
Old 2014-07-12, 06:10   Link #34200
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Brilliant. So, where do we put the millions of refugees? And if you think terrorism is a problem now...
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international