AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-11, 03:57   Link #5141
Cream

I think SSW just outclasses SSB in general imo. Really nice to see that akali pick though, I bet voyboy and westrice were hyped to see it too.
Old 2014-10-11, 04:00   Link #5142
Awrya
U mad?

SSW takes game 1, SSB being outplayed everywhere.
Old 2014-10-11, 05:41   Link #5143
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

When the score was 3-21, and SSB's Lucian flashed into the opponent's base to chase after a Kassadin only to have the enemy Fizz with Homeguard's zooming in, I started thinking of the JAWS theme song

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 05:46   Link #5144
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So...are TSM going to be the only team that takes a game off of Samsung White at this year's Worlds? Considering they usually struggle against Samsung Blue....White just obliterated them...

Does whoever wins the other semi even have a hope....
Old 2014-10-11, 06:40   Link #5145
Kreceir

No words... that was just an complete stomp.
but...Rather interesting picks from both teams, busting out the Galio and Akali and Varus.

Let it be Crumbzz.
Old 2014-10-11, 06:52   Link #5146
Eragon
Still Alive

Yeah, there ain't no hope for either of the Chinese teams. Looper has played 9 effin champs this Worlds. Everyone on SSW has played more than 4 different champs and stomped with every one of them. You just cannot ban-out this team so, the only hope is to out-play them in-game which isn't happening unless they are in the mood for throwing.

Last edited by Eragon; 2014-10-11 at 07:14.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 00:52   Link #5147
Cream

Why is everyone doubting the Chinese teams so much lol they stand a pretty good chance at beating white
Old 2014-10-12, 02:28   Link #5148
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Why is everyone doubting the Chinese teams so much lol they stand a pretty good chance at beating white
No offense, but if it's OMG then maybe, but OMG couldn't take a game off blue and only barely passed thru groups due to FNC not finishing their nexus properly, so I really doubt their chances on white at all maybe 10-30% at best.

Then there is Royal... royal nearly self-destructed against Edward because of the tilt after game 2, they scarcely play as a team compared to other pro teams, they couldn't even 2-0 TSM during groups, a team white utterly destroyed and only dropped a game due to arrogant showboating picks. If they don't tilt somehow at all, they'd have a 25% or so chance, but if they tilt like they did vs Edward then, gg I wouldn't even give them 5% chance vs white. When blue tilt'd in game 3, white mercilessly punished them for it they'd do the same to Royal.

White beat teams both of them struggled against with ease, which is my reason for believing they don't have any chance really.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 02:38   Link #5149
DemonOfWrath

Pretty much that. White really looked like they were holding back until yesterday (Dandy's Rengar is... wow), and even doing that smashed EDG and TSM, who weren't that far off of Royal. I also thought EDG looked like the weakest team in the quarterfinals, so that doesn't speak well of Royal for me.

Unless Royal turns up and stomps OMG convincingly (to show they might be somewhere near Blue's level), and then Uzi has the best day of his life in the final, I don't see it being an anywhere near close final, frankly right now I'd give a 10-30% chance of them just taking a game off White.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 02:53   Link #5150
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
No offense, but if it's OMG then maybe, but OMG couldn't take a game off blue and only barely passed thru groups due to FNC not finishing their nexus properly, so I really doubt their chances on white at all maybe 10-30% at best.

Then there is Royal... royal nearly self-destructed against Edward because of the tilt after game 2, they scarcely play as a team compared to other pro teams, they couldn't even 2-0 TSM during groups, a team white utterly destroyed and only dropped a game due to arrogant showboating picks. If they don't tilt somehow at all, they'd have a 25% or so chance, but if they tilt like they did vs Edward then, gg I wouldn't even give them 5% chance vs white. When blue tilt'd in game 3, white mercilessly punished them for it they'd do the same to Royal.

White beat teams both of them struggled against with ease, which is my reason for believing they don't have any chance really.
That was omg with dada777, Omg with cloud is completely different
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 03:20   Link #5151
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
That was omg with dada777, Omg with cloud is completely different
I doubt it sorry, all cloud showed was that he could play janna, something shield was stupid to give away all 3 games.
MAL
Old 2014-10-12, 04:10   Link #5152
IceHism

Quote:
I doubt it sorry, all cloud showed was that he could play janna, something shield was stupid to give away all 3 games.
This sounds nice in hindsight until you realize that Cool and Gogoing draw all the bans which allow their bot lane to get any composition they want because omg's solo lanes + lovelin are the real carries.

Picks and bans really isn't as simple as you think it is.
Old 2014-10-12, 06:25   Link #5153
IceHism

Wtf, why did omg overcommit in game 3...
Old 2014-10-12, 07:20   Link #5154
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
This sounds nice in hindsight until you realize that Cool and Gogoing draw all the bans which allow their bot lane to get any composition they want because omg's solo lanes + lovelin are the real carries.

You think these real carries can get to that status against Pawn and Dandy ?

Anyway, why the hell is SHRC picking this shit Zilean. Like, why not pick what Corn is good at like, Orianna. Literally fed all game.
Old 2014-10-12, 08:14   Link #5155
IceHism

Well, looks like shrc is going to finals.
Old 2014-10-12, 08:18   Link #5156
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:

Lovelin could only do well with kha/lee
Clould could only do well with Janna
San could only do well with Lucian
Gogoing could only do well with Ryze
Cool is only one of them with an actual champion pool .

Their limited champion pool screwed them. On OMG no one can carry if they aren't on their best pick.
MAL
Old 2014-10-12, 08:21   Link #5157
Eragon
Still Alive

Welp, this will be a massacre at Seoul.
Old 2014-10-12, 08:29   Link #5158
IceHism

Quote:
Lovelin could only do well with kha/lee
Clould could only do well with Janna
San could only do well with Lucian
Gogoing could only do well with Ryze
Cool is only one of them with an actual champion pool .

Their limited champion pool screwed them. On OMG no one can carry if they aren't on their best pick.
If you watched the 5 games today. Omg lost from a bad overcommit in game 3 and a bad draft priority in game 5(not securing maokai and Lucian after the ryze pick). They weren't lacking a champion pool.

Either way, I'm not sure why people think that I think shrc or omg have a chance against SSW... I'm simply saying that using the omg in groups to predict their strength in the brackets doesn't work.
Old 2014-10-12, 08:42   Link #5159
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
If you watched the 5 games today. Omg lost from a bad overcommit in game 3 and a bad draft priority in game 5(not securing maokai and Lucian after the ryze pick). They weren't lacking a champion pool.
The draft was bad because their pool was lacking. San's skill gap on lucian and any other ADC is simply too huge, he didn't look nearly practiced enough on Corki. Cloud's thresh was lacking, and his morgana was just plain bad, so again limited pool. Gogoing could play rumble, but he never once impressed with his ults, harpoons, dangerous zone usage, or otherwise in fact I recalled many more awkward ults than even decent ones, he lacked mastery of the champion, maybe he could play Maokai too but that's 2 champions he's good on, which is far from a deep champion pool.

OMG all around lacked champion pool depth, aside from cool.

Edit: Heck the only reason that beat royal at all was royal getting baited into the zilean pick in games 1 & 4 and simply not being able to play the champion well as a team at all.

Quote:
Either way, I'm not sure why people think that I think shrc or omg have a chance against SSW... I'm simply saying that using the omg in groups to predict their strength in the brackets doesn't work.
Cause they added a support who could play 1, maybe 2 champions well? No that doesn't change their strength, and I'll say it again Royal went even with TSM 1 - 1, and TSM lost horribly to White, which shows the odds are against them.
MAL
Old 2014-10-12, 09:21   Link #5160
DemonOfWrath

I think you're underplaying OMG a bit much there, but that series does indicate Royal is probably going to get smashed next week. Their pick/ban phase is... not good, and they kind of only won games 2 and 3 off of OMG BADLY misplaying their compositions. Game 2 OMG just kept starting baron as a heavy poke/disengage comp (seriously, why???), and game 3 they had 2 AP split pushers and no lich banes. So many times that game cool would push a wave to tower then just walk off, whereas with a lich bane he could throw an auto and take a good chunk off of it and actually make progress. Hell OMG started game 3 two kills down and came back, which is really not good, as looking at other finals games that sort of immediate deficit has basically just meant game over. This final was pretty fun to watch but not all that impressive really.

Unless Uzi finds the worlds best pair of carry pants in the next few days it won't be pretty, unless you're MonteCristo in which case it'll be a glorious demonstration of the Korean LoL master race.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol