Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-04, 16:14   Link #6341
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Personally I like Poppy support and had it work,but I've had and seen it work jungle just don't make mistake of going warrior over chinderhulk , and I think her top lane is lacking besides as a counter pick.

Quinn with Youmu rush is pretty good in either of the solo lanes in my experience with playing her since I've still been spamming her a lot lately.
Yeah, Poppy doesn't really need the dmg from warrior. Just played a bunch of games as her, enjoyed it very much. My sole jungler till now was Noc so, this is a nice addition when the team needs a tank.
Old 2016-01-06, 20:57   Link #6342
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

God I frigging love Nami's JP voice. Can't pinpoint between Taneda Risa or Nakahara Mai, but considering I always think the former is the unofficial successor to the latter (much in the same vein Hayamin is to Noto Mamiko), it doesn't bother me at all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 22:16   Link #6343
Kreceir

Yea... Definitly getting the Japanese VO for league once someone makes it.

Also, just me or Zed kinda sounds a bit ''derpy''
Old 2016-01-06, 22:46   Link #6344
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I would also, but I hate who they had for my main, Wukong. I mean, sure, it's the iconic Goku so it would be a better draw for anime fans, but I really do think they should have chosen a more fitting actor. It's like casting the old Sailor Moon VA... she stuck out like a sore thumb when compared to the newer VAs. (Speaking of Sailor Moon, I hear Sailor Venus in Lux so they did THAT one right )

My other mains, I didn't like either. (Hecarim, Skarner, Voli, Sejuani, Sona, Janna, Galio, Vlad [Gil WTF?], J4, Noct, WW, Xin, Zyra and both Mals) Nami I mentioned before I'm loving. I think Amumu was the only one I loved apart from that, while Soraka sounded pretty good. Leona as Saber I don't like because I'm half expecting Ekusu-KARIBAAA every time she ults but not hearing it I go 'wtf?' XD

Other stuff I loved are people I don't play: Lulu, Lux, Talon, and Braum just to name a few. Jinx and Vi though... damn, they really brought out their characters with those two. Unfortunately, I don't play them.

Oh yeah, no HanaKana too (unless it's one of the male champions). Probably my #1 disappointment apart from them ruining Wukong.

Old 2016-01-06, 23:37   Link #6345
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
How to be more annoying playing Teemo on Legend of the Poro King mode? Meet TANKMO!
Oh god.
Old 2016-01-07, 01:03   Link #6346
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

God I frigging love Nami's JP voice. Can't pinpoint between Taneda Risa or Nakahara Mai, but considering I always think the former is the unofficial successor to the latter (much in the same vein Hayamin is to Noto Mamiko), it doesn't bother me at all.

LOL i really can't with the dying sounds sounding like hentai.
I listened to taric and ahri as well and LOL

Also, I don't think its Taneda, it doesn't have the raspyness that she has in her roles.

edit: That is nakahara mai, taneda is lux

Last edited by IceHism; 2016-01-07 at 01:25.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 04:40   Link #6347
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Part of Nami's appeal in English was the measured amounts of calm and aggression. Subtle inflexes and mannerisms that were quite effective.

The Japanese version sounds way too forced/angry all the time.
Old 2016-01-07, 05:20   Link #6348
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

No Ayane Sakura??

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 09:37   Link #6349
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Aoi Yuki as Lulu is love .

I liked Quinn & Shyvana as well Saber being Leona fits personality wise at least.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 05:15   Link #6350
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Jhin, the Virtuoso

Also, LCK 2016 has begun. 1st set just finished, 2nd about to start.
Old 2016-01-13, 06:35   Link #6351
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can't say I like Jhin...as a prime carry, he should fall behind basically any standard ADC who scales with AD/CR/AS and his laning phase would also take a hit if he only has 4 bullets and has to reload - what about cs?

My guess is, his dmg will be cranked to 11 on release, people will call OP and see him nerfed to a normal level in the following few months, only to fall to oblivion later on.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 12:08   Link #6352
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Graves only has 2 bullets

I don't know how Jhin is going to work out but I really like his kit.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 21:24   Link #6353
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Zzz

Boring Design, Visuals, & Kit literally least excited I've been about a new champion in a long time. His ult is only thing that seemed interesting to me. Also that passive is most wordy passive of all time I feel.

Shen's rework & visual update on the hand looks more interesting, imo.

Quote:
Also, LCK 2016 has begun. 1st set just finished, 2nd about to start.
Spoiler for SKT vs CJ entus:

Also we're finally getting the new queue system, I am pretty excited for it personally.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 13:53   Link #6354
Eragon
Still Alive

Spoiler for RNG vs EDG:

Spoiler for FNC vs OG:

Also, ADC meta returns to Lucian. I guess Forgiven is gonna have a good split(if he gets to play him lol).
Old 2016-01-15, 23:36   Link #6355
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ok, just saying, but even as a TSM fan, I don't think they'll win against CLG tomorrow. CLG pretty much has an unchanged roster (they've been playing with Huhi some before Worlds last year so only Stixxay is new), while TSM is almost entirely redone. I have no confidence actually on TSM since their showing at IEM, and I highly doubt Yellowstar is such a big upgrade to Kasing that it's going to change things.

Overall, I'm happy with the changes to the preseason. Easier to close out games, and it shows in that EU LCS has all finishing before 30 mins except for 2 games at ~36 and 1 game at ~38. My only beef is that dragon should be 4 tiers instead of 5 tiers, combining the 2nd and the 4th buff together into the new third buff (so MS boost is at 2nd dragon). Because seriously, you can give up 4 dragons and it still doesn't matter as much as 1 baron, and trying to do 5 is a minimum 30 mins time investment when games end in 30. My only concern is it will accelerate the game even more, but hey, I personally don't mind since people just ignore dragon and I enjoy fast games.

So yeah, if you guys want to abuse it, go Volibear jungle with Sated Devourer/Strength of Ages (blue smite/Swift boots/Titanic hydra/Dead Man's/GA/Randuin/Iron Elixir). It allows you to scale so you can "KS" with your bite to your hearts content, and in combination with titanic hydra allows you to prime bite with just a Q auto-attack into Titanic activation. Hitting max AS stacks asap is a godsend too when you have Sated devourer + Titanic hydra cleave + Thunderclaws (main target only) proccing three times every 2 attacks.

Sure you're a bit squishier (definitely skip Titanic if you're behind or even just stop at Jaurim's fist), so people will definitely start kiting or focusing you. Which is fine because going Cinderhulk I've had multiple games where they just effectively ignored me (like me literally standing next to adc while he/she destroys the backline when I'm up 5+ kills), and they have to go through 4k hp + 1.2k hp thru passive + 1.2k hp GA revive late game if it ever goes to there. If they kill you through that with ~250 armor/~150 MR and your team still can't win the teamfight, there's nothing you can do. XD

His biggest weakness is Trundle, who have been the subject of the nerfhammer so that helps a bit. Please don't pick Voli into him, as pillar effectively counters your initiation, while his ult stealing %max hp AND resistances means you're squishy no matter what you do (barring QSS but nobody builds that on Voli). Vayne and Kog also shit on him, and good Anivias are a major pain in the ass, but thankfully they are late game champs in a meta where games pretty much end at around 30 mins.

It's also pretty darn easy to play, as no skill shots lol. Works even against diamond, as long you gank heavy and translate it to towers (only get dragon/rift herald if you need stacks still). Just note that you going blue smite means you can't duel as well as someone with red smite (Yi will still kick your ass 1v1), nor control the map as well as someone with green smite. With the buff to yellow trinket and avoiding any 1v1's against a red smite, it shouldn't be a problem.

Alternative builds include going Fervor instead of Strenght of Ages, of which you go Cinderhulk into BorK. I like this build less since Fervor takes time to stack in battle, and you kinda want to delete a squishy as quick as possible. The upside to this is that it works better against tank heavy teams, but IMO Strength of Ages is sleeper OP for tank/fighter junglers (this is ESPECIALLY true for champs who has the early game presence to easily stack it up, as 300hp midgame is no joke). If you're stacking devourer, strength of ages, or Jaurim's fist, might as well stack them ALL of them simulataneously (big reason why you spike since they more or less finish at the same time).

Start talisman + 3 pots (armor yellows, scaling mr blues, as reds, and MS quints... 0/12/18 focusing on MS, Tenacity, and CDR for summs) and Majestic Roar first (which is the better skill for and against invades). Start gromp (ward 'solitary river bush' before hand since you will get low doing blue), but don't use pots until you triggered your passive. At low levels, your passive is essentially worthless in a fight, so you might as well get your 30% while you're jungling. Note if you have a bad/no leash you can proc your passive AGAIN sometime during krugs while doing a full clear, IF you proc it first at blue or (heaven forbid) at gromp, so it slightly mitigates bad teammates.

Get 2 points in Bite next unless you think you're going to need to gank after red (for example against another early ganker like Rammus/Lee, or someone you need to outgank like a Rengar/Khazix), otherwise get your flip once you clear krugs. The difference between a lvl 1 and lvl 2 bite is just too big to ignore IMO, both in clearing the jungle and as a ganking tool (not to mention you can only afford blue smite once you full clear the jungle and THAT is something that puts extra oomph to your ganks).

Old 2016-01-16, 00:48   Link #6356
Eragon
Still Alive

I don't think you need Sated or Botrk on Voli. He does enough dmg with his ult and bite to kill the back line while building full tank. Like, if you can't get in range you'll just get killed instead of kited because you build is so squishy. And in this meta of FQC and Blue build Ez its way harder for Voli to get to the backline if his flash is down.

But, it might work against specific teams, I guess.
Old 2016-01-16, 08:48   Link #6357
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Jin Air vs SKT:
Old 2016-01-16, 08:59   Link #6358
Eragon
Still Alive

I don't think he is a consideration for ADC at the moment. Lucian, MF, Corki, Ez, Kalista are way better at that position and current ban trends means both teams are gonna get at least one of them. Graves is just a way better bruiser than an ADC now, I feel.

Regardless, I agree, he is probably not gonna get through ban phase again for most matches. Same for Poppy I think. Mundo has been pretty an underwhelming pick so far so, he might see less play. Also, Supp Tahm has also been meh.

Last edited by Eragon; 2016-01-16 at 12:15.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 10:52   Link #6359
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tahm Kench isn't a bad support...

The problem is, there's a time to pick it and a time not to.

Teams seem to feel the pressure of 'I can't let them have this pick, even if it doesn't suit our comp.'

The problem in the aforementioned games is that Tahm Kench is meant to save a carry from being taken out and be an annoying prick in the process. He is a peel support - he isn't the frontline. Too many teams are making him main or only part of the frontline, which doesn't make sense. He is not the best option for engaging and there are some other options for counter-engaging. I honestly do wonder why Morgana at the very least isn't seeing play - she's still one of the best counter-engage options and offers a form of engage with low risk. Top lane or jungle needs to be able to have a decent engage and survivability. With people picking Kindred, Quinn and the like as much as they are lately, it does mean the lineup has good damage but it lacks initiation.

I think it's time teams stopped being so paranoid over Gangplank, Lulu and Lissandra and focused more on things that are actually affecting their matchups rather than a supposedly OP pick. Tonight proved the folly of being reliant on that mentality.
Old 2016-01-18, 18:27   Link #6360
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm so happy about TSM, and I still would have been even if they went 0-2 this week. "Aggressive Playstyle" was what Regi was known for, and these two games I've seen more aggressive plays attempted by TSM than I did their entire World's run. Trying to always flank the opponent (sure Sven got caught trying to do this), Bard ults trying to initiate the fights (even though Yellowstar had same facepalm worthy misses), and Doublelift pretty much always arcane shifting forward (even though he got flash pulverized doing it)... it's these types of exciting moves that made me a TSM fan in the first place.

Sure their execution was terrible, but no more passive playstyle until the enemy makes a mistake to capitalize on it. Granted that was how they won against TL, but seeing them dig a hole for themselves every time they failed their aggressive plays had me almost cry tears of joy. They are finally being proactive in their shotcalls, and playing that aggressive can only really be learned if you do it again and again. Many times it will fail, but the only way one can know the limits of successful aggressive playstyle is if you over aggress and pay for it.

Which of course has me liking Immortals as my next favourite team. Not counting their shutout against TIP (because honestly I don't think they'll eke a win this season), seeing Wildturtle going wild was a sight to behold. My motto in game is "Go big or go home" and "ALWAYS werf!"

Third is C9, because of Hai. As someone who was a mid main turned jungle/support, who doesn't win his games with his mechanics but through shotcalling and macro decisions, Hai is THE pro player who most closely matches me. Seeing him dismantle echo fox through superior rotations was awesome.

Tags
league of legends, lol