AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 12:58   Link #21
tsunade666

I say no. It will be just troll fest. Most of log hora fans I know doesn't like Sao so it will be just bad result of debate.
Old 2013-11-09, 14:20   Link #22
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But it will calm down the LH vs SAO/.HACK voices big time. I say go for it.
Calm them down? A thread like that would be throwing petrol on the fire! At least in the regular threads you can shush these debates by pointing out they're off-topic.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 15:53   Link #23
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Please biased medukah, no such threads. The fire would burn through the internet.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 16:01   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
b) Create a thread which would try to compare Log Horizon vs. similar anime (no game) which played out the MMORPG theme such as Sword Art Online.
just anime?

So i can't use old stuff movies like Tron, Captain N - The Game Master and novels like Tad Williams "Otherland" to top people who keep saying XXX is a copy of XXX?
Old 2013-11-10, 00:11   Link #25
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Not to sound conceited or anything, but I am so proud of you guys. You guys pretty much synchronously voiced why exactly this forum tends to shy away from any VS topic in general. This is a great sign for a very good forum in the making!

P.S. lol at Xellos- ^
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 01:29   Link #26
tsunade666

And its a good thing to shy away on stupid vs thing. For me it will just like putting 2 dumbfans against each other. I tend to stay away from blast radius when things explode and it will surely explode.
Old 2013-11-10, 07:52   Link #27
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Calm them down? A thread like that would be throwing petrol on the fire! At least in the regular threads you can shush these debates by pointing out they're off-topic.
But I like Fire

But for real, I am onboard of not doing that vs. thread.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:51   Link #28
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Me neither...

How about an [Elder Tales d20 RPG] thread where we slowly develop the Elder Tales into a real pen and paper game? It would be Animesuki's gift to the internet.

After all, we have the 12 main classes and we know what skills those do. We can start with those, then work the subclasses in at a later date.
Old 2013-11-10, 10:08   Link #29
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If I recall my rumors correctly, there's already a PnP game underway. It would be better to hold of until that game gets released and create a thread based on that one instead.
Old 2013-11-15, 12:22   Link #30
watisit

How about a "Create your LH character" thread? List your class, sub-class and equipment. Feel free to come up with your own phantasmal class equips so long as it isn't broken.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 14:00   Link #31
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
How about a "Create your LH character" thread? List your class, sub-class and equipment. Feel free to come up with your own phantasmal class equips so long as it isn't broken.
This could be fun to do i'm in favor of this. The page would need some links to places that describe the classes and subclasses.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 23:17   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Sure! Write an opening post with Quol's suggestion in mind and submit it here.
Old 2013-11-16, 00:50   Link #33
watisit

Create you own Log Horizon character. List your name, class, subclass, equips and how your character works.

Info on classes and subclasses can be found here: http://lh.oksub.me/wiki/Main_Page
Use it to help decide your build.

Just an overview

Warriors
Guardian: Standard DEF tank
Samurai: High DEF with very powerful moves but also a very long cooldown
Monk: AGI tank

Weapon users
Assassin: Physical DPS. Highest physical attack of all classes
Swashbuckler: Crowd control and debuff
Bard: Buffs/support

Healing
Cleric: Healer
Druid: Healing over time
Kannagi: Damage preventer

Mages
Sorcerer: Magic DPS, glass cannon
Summoner: Summons creatures to do fighting
Enchanter: Buffs and debuffs

Feel free to come up with your own subclass and equips but don't make them game-breaking

Name: watisit

Class: Assassin

Subclass: Berserker (If vampire has higher life-absorb i'd take that instead)

Weapon
Dagger of bloodlust (Regains health = 20% of damage dealt. When user is hit, boosts ATK by 20% and attack speed by 50% for 10 seconds )

Tanto of the Berserker ( Regain health= 25% of damage dealt. Every enemy killed gives gives a +100 ATK boost for 60 seconds, stackable up to 10 times.)

Armor
Leather of the Assassin: Boosts atk speed by 10%, crit rate by 10% and crit damage by 50%

Accessory
Ring of regeneration: +50HP/second

So basically a life-drain Assassin whose drain rate is very high due to high attack and attack speed. One weakness would be against Kannagi as they focus on preventing damage from being dealt since no damage dealt means no life drained. Utterly lethal against mobs.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 02:01   Link #34
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thread created.
Old 2014-02-05, 15:03   Link #35
ArmaniWeston

I know i'm new to these forums. But how about a thread about Overskills and new possibilities in Elder Tales (especially about Shiroe's Contract overskills and new subclasses)
ArmaniWeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 15:58   Link #36
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's what the Log Horizon: Game system / Class / Jobs / Skills discussion thread is for.
Old 2014-02-05, 16:44   Link #37
ArmaniWeston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
thats seems more along the lines of what they do, unless some1 have brought of Overskills. I was meaning more along the lines "What is possible now outside of the gaming system that wasn't there before"
Old 2014-02-06, 00:34   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniWeston View Post
thats seems more along the lines of what they do, unless some1 have brought of Overskills. I was meaning more along the lines "What is possible now outside of the gaming system that wasn't there before"
I actually agree with Keroko here because I don't know if a conversation can be sustained with such constrain imposed due to the specific nature of that particular topic. There is the Elder Tale World theories thread that somewhat engages into that particular topic though I'm not sure if it meets your requirement. There are also few other threads that you might want to read to see if you can strike a conversation on this subject into one of those threads.
Old 2014-02-06, 11:10   Link #39
ArmaniWeston

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I actually agree with Keroko here because I don't know if a conversation can be sustained with such constrain imposed due to the specific nature of that particular topic. There is the Elder Tale World theories thread that somewhat engages into that particular topic though I'm not sure if it meets your requirement. There are also few other threads that you might want to read to see if you can strike a conversation on this subject into one of those threads.
No problem, I might ask later down the line once Overskills and the such become more integral and common in the plot.
Old 2014-03-22, 08:01   Link #40
Algent

Since Season 2 is confirmed for this fall it would be good to have a dedicated thread (spoiler free of course).
It would avoid talking about it in the last episode thread and not talking about the episode.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote