AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 22:17   Link #2021
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
That'd be cool. I'd also be really happy if you re-did chapters 1 and 2 but... I mean, I swear it's not just me. Other people are complaining about Ren's 'translations' as well, so...
When someone else has translated something then like 40 people have edited them, at most I feel like I could do a TLC and edit it a lot... I wouldn't re-translate it.

Though I'd have to ask for permission for that which I really don't feel like, also he never responded the first time I posted on his talk page, so no idea if he's even still around.

I guess I'll take chapters 5 and 7 of volume 10 then?
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:22   Link #2022
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuizaan View Post
Roxy is god, Sylphy is love, Eris is a bro, and Aisha is best girl.

I can't see it any way other than that.

But then I hold Lilia above all of them, so clearly my opinion is invalid.
Aisha and Lillia.

Devoted women for the win!!!! Fuck yeah~~!!~!!!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:39   Link #2023
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
When someone else has translated something then like 40 people have edited them, at most I feel like I could do a TLC and edit it a lot... I wouldn't re-translate it.

Though I'd have to ask for permission for that which I really don't feel like, also he never responded the first time I posted on his talk page, so no idea if he's even still around.

I guess I'll take chapters 5 and 7 of volume 10 then?
Why not post your 1 and 2 as 'previews'? People are greedy; they'll seek out the best stuff on their own.

Well, I'm not trying to insist on having you doing things you don't want to, though. ^^;
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:58   Link #2024
iceaco

Permission for what, Kaito? retranslate or TLC?
You're not retranslating if it wasn't translated in the first place - it was just transliterated.

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:58   Link #2025
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Aisha and Lillia.

Devoted women for the win!!!! Fuck yeah~~!!~!!!!
I enjoy that as well, volume 11 is probably one of the most enjoyable reads for me. I am kind of a sucker for these small family disputes, it really shows the personality of each character. As well, it shows a different side too.

Rudeus, who is always joking around and always involved in big matters, finally meets a problem that hits home from his previous life. We see great character development as well as a breather because thus far, since volume 2, its been all action. Sooner or later we will get burned out.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 23:40   Link #2026
DarkD

11.7 and 11.9 seem like the best gems being skipped by kaito. Has anyone claimed those yet for translation?
DarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 23:48   Link #2027
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkD View Post
11.7 and 11.9 seem like the best gems being skipped by kaito. Has anyone claimed those yet for translation?
Kaze has 7 and 8.

The odd thing is that 8-9 are like associated chapters.
Old 2014-08-01, 23:50   Link #2028
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

what happen in turning point 3?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 23:54   Link #2029
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
what happen in turning point 3?
Spoiler for Turning Point 3:
Old 2014-08-02, 00:03   Link #2030
Silentwolfie

Please put me in the inactive translator section, ch 33 is my final chapter and it has been completed.

I just want to say several things.

1) My translation is present tense whenever possible. There are a few occasions where I have to use past tense, but even if the original raws are in past tense, I did it present tense. That's because I find the style to be more immediate and carry more suspense.

2) I group multiple lines into a paragraph and break them at points where there is action or importance to it. Although I say that, most of my TL is done in a single pass so that rule is not enforced, but I leave it to the editors (Which I hope they have some major kickass English skills to compensate in the areas where I am lacking.). This is a different style compared to the original writer, but I dislike breaking up the lines in English.

3) I think there are translators using Machine translators without having some foundation in their Japanese. I don't mean to be mean, but there were several mistakes in Tensaizz's ch 33. This title does require a bit of Japanese foundation at times, even though it's actually readable with MT. Not only that, there are quite a number of Japanese references, which is hard to pick up from the MT.

4) I hope that other TLers include the original kanji words that have puns/references in it or things they are not sure at Baka-tsuki, I might be able to point out mistakes/clear things up by looking at the original raws.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 00:09   Link #2031
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

Anyone know who's translating chapter 11.9? Baka-tsuki's registration for that chapter is blank. And if possible, is there an ETA for kazeboy's 11.7 too?
PuddingGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 00:41   Link #2032
Kaito Yamakage

Too many things I want/need to do at once... I give up.

After I finish chapters 10 & 11 of volume 11 I'll go back do a TLC/formatting in bulk of volume 9. (mostly Kaze's chapters the TL is good(probably) but the formatting is bad.)

Then I'll do a TLC + formatting + finishing volume 10 (not 94-95 @Vanant). Though that means I probably won't get to 12-13 for a while longer...

The naming stuff that got all mixed up with the WN change is bothering me too.. I should go back through and bulk fix that...

Yep... that sounds good...

Also, Woah~ I just learned something new... so I can just delete the ''(! )'' parts in order to hide those ! without deleting the Japanese on Kaze's chapters that will be useful later...
Old 2014-08-02, 01:06   Link #2033
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Too many things I want/need to do at once... I give up.

After I finish chapters 10 & 11 of volume 11 I'll go back do a TLC/formatting in bulk of volume 9. (mostly Kaze's chapters the TL is good(probably) but the formatting is bad.)

Then I'll do a TLC + formatting + finishing volume 10 (not 94-95 @Vanant). Though that means I probably won't get to 12-13 for a while longer...

The naming stuff that got all mixed up with the WN change is bothering me too.. I should go back through and bulk fix that...

Yep... that sounds good...

Also, Woah~ I just learned something new... so I can just delete the ''(! )'' parts in order to hide those ! without deleting the Japanese on Kaze's chapters that will be useful later...
I think you'll have to TLC his a bit more carefully. He's like you in that he reads romaaji, but I think his skill in Japanese is rustier than yours, and when I checked chapter 7 for just a little, within the first three pages I found a heap little of errors and two big ones. He sort of just (really) roughly reads over the sentences, and writes something that roughly gets the point across. A rough way of putting it would be that he's doing Engrish summaries of each sentence, rather than translating them.

I posted the two most glaring examples on his talk page, and we had a little chat about it. Though it perfectly gets at least the plot across, we're not short on translators, so he should really take more care.
Old 2014-08-02, 01:15   Link #2034
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Is his mom Janice or zenith?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 01:16   Link #2035
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Neither; his mother is named ゼニス. (trololol)

Um, it just depends on who's doing the translating. It's closer to 'Zenith' (it's pronounced 'zenis'), but Janice is a real name. SilentWolfie had a preference of coming up with his own names (Lapius, Bellber) for the characters (and it's something that many game localisers do), so if we go by the precedence set by volumes 1-3, it would be Janice/Janis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingGod View Post
Both are correct readings of the katakana.
I can't really agree with this statement. There are rare instances of 'Janis' being brought into Japanese as 'Zanisu', but Janice is by-and-large ジャニス.

http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/Janice
http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=Janice

Last edited by Dormouse; 2014-08-02 at 01:29.
Old 2014-08-02, 01:18   Link #2036
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Both are correct readings of the katakana.
PuddingGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 01:20   Link #2037
jvmunhoz

I'm currently reading volume 7, and the encounter between Elinalise and Rudeus was quite funny, but I'm curious... do her and Rudeus ever have some sort of physical relationship?
jvmunhoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 01:35   Link #2038
Gubbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmunhoz View Post
I'm currently reading volume 7, and the encounter between Elinalise and Rudeus was quite funny, but I'm curious... do her and Rudeus ever have some sort of physical relationship?
No, they don't.
She doesn't want to be Paul's daughter.
Spoiler for I am not sure about it:

Spoiler for Later volumes:
Gubbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 02:16   Link #2039
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubbi View Post
No, they don't.
She doesn't want to be Paul's daughter.
Spoiler for I am not sure about it:

Spoiler for Later volumes:
She also doesn't want to be hated by Roxy.

Also, she got together with Cliff soon after, and Rudy is way too much of a bro to do that to his good budy Cliff.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 02:17   Link #2040
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
I can't really agree with this statement. There are rare instances of 'Janis' being brought into Japanese as 'Zanisu', but Janice is by-and-large ジャニス.

http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/Janice
http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=Janice
I second this, I did a people search on it when I got into the story (which is what I always do on LN names that I don't get), the search aimed for both both fictional and real people, and there it wasn't a single instance were ゼニス ended up being anything close to Janice.

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel