Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-30, 11:22   Link #281
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Yukari View Post
Zero's sire was Shizuka (the pureblood you're referring to). Drinking her blood wouldn't return Zero to normal but it would stop him from turning into a Level E vampire and be a full-pledged one. Kaname allowed Zero to drink his blood (which was infused with Shizuka's) and Yuki's blood to make him more powerful and probably stop his Level E transformation. If Zero turns into level E what use could he be to Kaname if he can't be sane enough to kill Rido and protect Yuuki?
thanks for clearing things up for me(have a blurry account of what had happened on those chapters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
technically anyone can kill rido. its just hard to. kaname is the only one who can't because there's a bond between the two, as rido was the one who revived kaname.

kaname's plan was to make a skilled and powerful vampire hunter take on rido, increasing his chance for success. i don't see zero becoming super powerful just because he has drank pureblood's blood. the point of that was to keep him from degrading into level e. if by some means he does become super powerful, i'll lose respect for this series because it'll go against the conventions it established.
actually, its pretty logical, kaname said it himself that Zero, being the most powerful hunter is the only one to break Rido's curse on him that “might” only mean one thing: Zero is the only one capable of kickin Rido’s butt and send him back to kingdom come (I love action )

so basically, zero having both vampire and superb vampire hunting abilities might just be a match for our coffin freak rido-sama

he may not be a vampire w/ uber hax powers(max level w/ GM equips ) and whatsoever but still, he is going to be the strongest vampire hunter(and emo’est of them all) in the story

it just takes a strong hunter to kill a strong prey

but who knows... yuuki might just jump out from no where and just cut rido's throat out or kaname shooting an rpg into rido's head or maybe it would be the headmaster riding a mech yelling "i am gundam" then blasts the whole academy w/ the TBR

seriously, we'll just have to wait for the next few chapters for the story to unfold
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 12:16   Link #282
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Im curious. i can't be the only guy that reads this series.(or at least i hope not then i'll feel weird lol)
any other guys here that are following the manga?
i know it's meant for girls. but I <3 Yuuki. and Vampires are just kewl
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 12:28   Link #283
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I'm a guy and I have been following this manga since chapter 8.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 14:24   Link #284
kari-no-sugata

Another guy here - after watching the first episode of the anime I decided to look into the manga.

I particularly enjoyed Yuuki in ep 1, but I nearly gave up on reading the manga since Zero was threatening to become a black hole of angst.

It's kinda funny how Aidou seems to have become Yuuki's underling lately, considering how they started. I wonder how much she truly has changed...

PS My personal theory on Kaname is that his body is Yuuki's older brother (the one Rido kidnapped) but that the "Kuran ancestor"'s soul/mind was transferred into that body. Kaname does seem to have visibly aged (he's shorter than Yuuki's mother in the flashbacks) which would not be expected if it was some ancestor's body (which should already be mature).
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 14:33   Link #285
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I've been reading the manga for awhile. i just now bought some volumes to go on a trip (plane rides gonna take awhile)
i guess I have girly manga in my collection now lol
but really.....if you read it nothing stands out as like "OMGZ THIS IS FUR GURLZ"
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 16:15   Link #286
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well i brought it up before, it seems as though the chairman is going to fight again.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 16:27   Link #287
OMchan
オムちゃん

^ If he does, can't wait to see his more badass side. Maybe we'll see him kick some E vampire butt! 8D It would be a refreshing change to the fatherly/silly image he's had for most of the series.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 19:18   Link #288
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Another guy here - after watching the first episode of the anime I decided to look into the manga.

I particularly enjoyed Yuuki in ep 1, but I nearly gave up on reading the manga since Zero was threatening to become a black hole of angst.

It's kinda funny how Aidou seems to have become Yuuki's underling lately, considering how they started. I wonder how much she truly has changed...

PS My personal theory on Kaname is that his body is Yuuki's older brother (the one Rido kidnapped) but that the "Kuran ancestor"'s soul/mind was transferred into that body. Kaname does seem to have visibly aged (he's shorter than Yuuki's mother in the flashbacks) which would not be expected if it was some ancestor's body (which should already be mature).
I get the feeling that Zero is turning into Setsuna the Second. I blame Miyano-san for this.

Complaint about Yuki: What will she fight in the capacity as a vampire?
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 05:05   Link #289
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I get the feeling that Zero is turning into Setsuna the Second. I blame Miyano-san for this.

Complaint about Yuki: What will she fight in the capacity as a vampire?
Depends on why guy she chooses. I don't think yet that yuuki understands her position as a pureblood vampire. She'll act according to her instincts/emotions obviously. Since Zero now is the one who's in trouble. That'll make a good development for their relationship. Of course Kaname is on their way. But since he's the fated "loser" here. That's all what Kaname can do. Interfere between them. o0
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 17:29   Link #290
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

in the end Yuki will pick Zero... But will Zero pick her.

It's been said that Zero liked Yuki as a human but now all he sees a vampire in Yuki's body.
Enara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 13:09   Link #291
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i don't see zero becoming super powerful just because he has drank pureblood's blood. the point of that was to keep him from degrading into level e. if by some means he does become super powerful, i'll lose respect for this series because it'll go against the conventions it established.
The thing is going by Zero's brother he is going to become more powerful... while he only has the blood of one 1 pure blood in him Zero has the blood of 3. Even without his vampire side he could probably easily take out most nobles but combine his vampire hunter skills with being a vampire who has the blood of 3 purebloods and he'll be a beast once he stops being emo.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 15:16   Link #292
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The thing is going by Zero's brother he is going to become more powerful... while he only has the blood of one 1 pure blood in him Zero has the blood of 3. Even without his vampire side he could probably easily take out most nobles but combine his vampire hunter skills with being a vampire who has the blood of 3 purebloods and he'll be a beast once he stops being emo.
well, based on a few chapters a while back, technically, zero is a capable vampire hunter. he is some sort of a gunslinger who is also quite competent in hand to hand combat. and i also doubt that even the nobles could stand a shot from the bloody rose(recalls the scene of zero and kaname before the yaoi'sh blood sucking moment),if not, at least it'll "hurt" them

so having three pure bloods flowing in his veins as an added bonus would make him quite the "WTF" hunter
Old 2008-05-02, 16:55   Link #293
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Im curious. i can't be the only guy that reads this series.(or at least i hope not then i'll feel weird lol)
any other guys here that are following the manga?
i know it's meant for girls. but I <3 Yuuki. and Vampires are just kewl
No worries there I'm a guy, and I've been reading VK eagerly since the very first chapter. Of course, just having "vampire" in the title is usually enough to keep me interested...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 17:00   Link #294
Westlo
Lets be reality

If we did a poll here I'm pretty sure the male/female ratio would be rather even. After the manga ends a similar poll to the one in the KGNE forum would be nice.. like first option is "I'm a Female and thought Zero should end up with Yuuki", second is "I'm a Female and thought Kaname should end up with Yuuki" and than repeat those 2 for the males.

Oh and another guy here as well btw, nothing wrong with reading shoujo manga
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 17:08   Link #295
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm confused about something..I was always quite certain that the head of the hunters was some middle aged woman? Is he really a man?
Old 2008-05-02, 17:38   Link #296
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
I'm confused about something..I was always quite certain that the head of the hunters was some middle aged woman? Is he really a man?
LOL , the same Q !!

I was surprise when I heard his voice !! all this time I thought he was a woman @@"
so ... what you think ??
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 19:24   Link #297
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
LOL , the same Q !!

I was surprise when I heard his voice !! all this time I thought he was a woman @@"
so ... what you think ??
I think he is a transvestite XD
Old 2008-05-03, 05:22   Link #298
Ayachan

in e manga i tot e head was a female but in e anime it sounds like man to me XD
Ayachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 10:51   Link #299
lightbringer
M9000

I'd say based on some of the recent chapters I'm not even sure if she's human anymore But it looks like a woman to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh and another guy here as well btw, nothing wrong with reading shoujo manga
Apparently in Japan there's quite a bit of stigma attached to reading shoujo manga if you're male. Fortunately we're not in Japan, so I don't care There's a lot of excellent shoujo manga out there.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 11:57   Link #300
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I'd say based on some of the recent chapters I'm not even sure if she's human anymore But it looks like a woman to me.
a trap... a horrible trap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Apparently in Japan there's quite a bit of stigma attached to reading shoujo manga if you're male. Fortunately we're not in Japan, so I don't care There's a lot of excellent shoujo manga out there.
you got that right mate!

Tags
manga