AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-19, 16:19   Link #2141
RDNexus

"Make Meteora a bad guy by Ep10 in order to stir things up with Altair"? What the heck?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 16:26   Link #2142
xizro345
King's Justice

As in stir the fight with Altair more, with another party (Magane kind of did it for a bit). Sorry I wasn't that clear, I can use a PC for a limited time until I get back so I have to write things quickly.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 16:43   Link #2143
magnuskn

Thanks again for the info, xizro.

And now it makes perfect sense that Meteora and Selesia are firing their powers at each other in OP 1 and 2.
Old 2017-08-19, 17:30   Link #2144
Wingsaber

Well if they can bring back Blitz's daughter, would they bring Mamika back next.
Wingsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 17:34   Link #2145
Wandering Soul

Seriously Yuya? Handing out spoilers like that isn't cool. You might have made up with Should, but don't be surprised if bad things start happening to in your story from now on.

I'm not surprised that Hikayu's creator would put her in that type of outfit.

Well it looks like Charon is being mind controlled than willingly helping Altair.
Old 2017-08-19, 20:02   Link #2146
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I, uh, okay. There were a ton of things here.

- I did not expect Magane to just help the good guys and up and leave. Huh. I wonder if she'll be back. And, of course, I wonder when the good guys save the day, if she'll be able to stay in the real world. Kinda expected she'd kiss Sota, just to be a double troll.

- Before the arrival of Charon, I was seriously worrying that the now overwhelming numbers of Team Meteora (6 vs 2) would turn the audience against them. I'm actually pretty sure that this will still somehow be a factor, given that the audience has to approve what is happening.

- However, with Charon there, a good chance exists that his Dark Vogelchevalier will be OP as hell, equalizing the score a bit. Although now it's 7 vs 2 and we haven't even seen Sota's creation yet.

- And, um, talking about Sota, I had thought that he was playing Magane, but if he really meant it that he doesn't really care about others, just about his own creative work. Well, that doesn't put him exactly in the best light.

- And, yeah, Yuya. Don't wonder if your creators will write you into all sorts of ridiculous situations as revenge for spoiling his story.

Oh, btw., I'll be going vacation next week and I will only be back for the last episode. Maybe I get a decent internet connection down where I'm at, but if not, you guys rock on.
Granted Souta's wording of things sounds selfish, although I took it to mean he was appealling to Magane's brand of selfishness - he argued in a way that appealed to her values, so she's considerably more open to him this time around. That and the threat of Altair destroying her "real world" playground.

Last edited by zztop; 2017-08-20 at 00:49.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 01:01   Link #2147
Tenzen12

He also said he does it for people who helped him and to redeem himself. That creating something new and own is even above that is not really problem as long as it's aligned. There is lot of selfishness, but I don't think it's bad brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post

So they really did bring Blitz's daughter back to life. In theory anything goes when you're combining powers from multiple worlds (which is being used to both their advantage and disadvantage). At least Sota can kind of engage with Magane on a closer level now, though wonder if his personality is that ugly. Still chaotic, but even she wants existence to continue so she can have her fun (considering the circumstances and his own issues, not the best time for Sota to bring up the trail of bodies she's left behind).
Actually I wouldn't bet single cent Suruga was telling true. Maybe she does, but I can easily see her play Blitz like fiddle and then go with classic : "Whoops, I lied".

If nothing else we know she is not enpowered Hikayu, but that's pretty much all we know for sure.
Old 2017-08-20, 01:44   Link #2148
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
"Make Meteora a bad guy by Ep10 in order to stir things up with Altair"? What the heck?
No, it was Magane who was trying to to set Meteora up as a villain and pits her against Altair. But Magane failed in that plan and lost her interest in the creations completely, and thus had no desire participating in the Fes.
But Alice showed up and managed to changed Magane's mind.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 02:57   Link #2149
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
- And, yeah, Yuya. Don't wonder if your creators will write you into all sorts of ridiculous situations as revenge for spoiling his story.
Well, clearly, the only way to salvage his sales is to go full on fujoshi bait. No choice there.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 07:30   Link #2150
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No, it was Magane who was trying to to set Meteora up as a villain and pits her against Altair. But Magane failed in that plan and lost her interest in the creations completely, and thus had no desire participating in the Fes.
But Alice showed up and managed to changed Magane's mind.
Yeah, thay was the more correct translation, unfortunately I was too in a hurry and I completely mixed it up, I apologize.
Old 2017-08-20, 07:38   Link #2151
magnuskn

Oh, well. Back to wondering why they chose to have Meteora and Selesia on "opposing sides" in the
OP's. Stylistic choices, I guess.
Old 2017-08-20, 08:45   Link #2152
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yeah, Hoshikawa is the besssss. She definitely got some good upgrades.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 09:12   Link #2153
seiftis
~defying fate

I must've not paid enough attention to recent episodes.... but I really can't remember when did Alicetaria changed camp lol..

Nice to see Charon vs Selestia next. Hoping Charon is imba as heck
Old 2017-08-20, 09:21   Link #2154
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
I must've not paid enough attention to recent episodes.... but I really can't remember when did Alicetaria changed camp lol...
The moment she let her creator go after talking to him about heart-to-heart things . But it's Souta who first planted the seeds of doubt in her about the whole "siding with Altair" things.
Old 2017-08-20, 12:31   Link #2155
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Back to wondering why they chose to have Meteora and Selesia on "opposing sides" in the OP's.
I think it just looks that way. Not meant to be interpreted literally.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 12:47   Link #2156
Applehell

Okay, I laughed that spoiler bit. What's worse is that plot twist is so typical too.

It was about time Charon show up too. Magane is pretty annoying (well her long winded chunni dialogue at least) and feels like discount Izaya Orihara. Weird because I used tend to like her archetype.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-08-20 at 13:16.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 17:07   Link #2157
tuckersister

Megane gave something to Souta before leaving while Souta gave to Megane. Forgot what it was. This episode definitely points of out that Megane DOES care about Souta in her own way.

I wonder if Megane and her seiyuu will meet in the anime. Her seiyuu with Megane's abilities would be much worse than Megane herself (let hope that doesn't happen in the anime). They will both definitely hit it off. I wonder which Creation and seiyuu would actually hit it off? Instant BFFs.

Last edited by tuckersister; 2017-08-20 at 17:50.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 18:01   Link #2158
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Megane gave something to Souta before leaving while Souta gave to Megane. Forgot what it was. This episode definitely points of out that Megane DOES care about Souta in her own way.
Magane gave Souta her fool's gold pendant; that "hug" was also a reach-around to fasten it. Souta is the "fake" creator who will move the hearts of the audience like a "real" creator thanks to her power twisting the lie of "approval without earning it" into something as good as the truth; he's the pyrite to everyone else's gold, and it tickles her that his contribution might tip the scales because he'll be hoodwinking all the "gods" that define their realities.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 22:35   Link #2159
zztop

Aoki Ei explained at this year’s Otakon panel that Re Creators isn’t actually about the Creations fighting; it’s about the creative process, all the joys and pitfalls inherent to that process.
That said, some have criticised it as being too self-indulgent*, whilst failing to make that theme shine as brightly.

Do you think he (and Hiroe) were able to properly execute that theme? What room for improvement is available?

*IMO, its writing style and themes suggests catharsis for the writers of the animanga/LN industry. I’m reminded of some author interviews/afterwords where they admit their worries on whether their stories/characters will be accepted by the wider audience; ie. whether they’re good creators or not, despite the opinion that audience majority simply desires entertainment over thematic content (aka why shows like Fast & Furious franchise still brings in a wide audience despite not having much thematic depth).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 14:11   Link #2160
xizro345
King's Justice

Preorders for the Meteora nendo are up, and will last (for the actual Good Smile online shop) until the end of August. Release is planned for December:

http://www.goodsmile.info/ja/product...%E3%83%A9.html (Japanese)

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning