AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-29, 01:20   Link #101
moridin84
Custom User Title

Using those four holes at the back for charging makes sense, I wonder if that's why there were part of the original design. And then when the time came to write the scene in the LN, using them must have seemed like a waste.

And for Lunamachina, if there fought then and there lots of innocent people would have died. Since they were just captured they can easily escape later and try a different plan.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 06:26   Link #102
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Alicia is for people (like me) who want to have slightly evil girl in the harem. Alicia and Rose are probably the most dangerous when provoked, among Diablo's girls.

looking forward to Diablo beating up the bad guys next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 13:40   Link #103
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 8:

Alicia is for people (like me) who want to have slightly evil girl in the harem. Alicia and Rose are probably the most dangerous when provoked, among Diablo's girls.

looking forward to Diablo beating up the bad guys next week!
Alicia is a crazy one... Very dangerous if left alone, meaning she's probably better off amongst Diablo's group. At the very least, she's loyal to her friends: She was willing to offer her life to save Edelgard.

Speaking of which, I do hope Edelgard gets to join in at some point. I'm not sure if the Fallen are capable of breeding with mortal races, but potential offspring between such a union would be interesting.

Too bad Rose is an android. She literally weighs a ton!
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 17:26   Link #104
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Klem is under slavery contract with Diablo, and Edelgard follows Klem everywhere - so basically they're already part of the harem, although not as close to Diablo as the other girls.
Old 2021-06-03, 14:14   Link #105
Frontier

Diablo and company checking off some staple RPG adventure moments, like fighting the corrupt church and your whole party getting locked up in a jail cell .

Horn is getting ready to bail, feeling powerless to save Diablo and her comrades even though she desperately wishes she could, but just when she's at her most weak...she gets visited by a small high school girl courtesy of the Holy Grail, Level-Up God Babalon. Because I guess this game was designed by Japanese game developers, so of course it would have a god that looks like an excitable high school girl with a short skirt that frequently flashes her panties. These developers were true men of culture .

And because Horn needed something to pee in while they were at Diablo's castle, so she peed in the holy grail of all things (not knowing what it was or why her pee disappeared), Babalon takes it as "blood" from a maiden and helps level Horn up. or she tries to, but it doesn't take, so Horn instead still needs to grab the collar that ties her to Diablo to get her upgrade, which shows her newfound conviction to become stronger to help her precious comrades .

Now Horn has massive charm abilities, able to make men fall head over heels for her and obey her whims, she just has to turn on her cute side and act super flirty and adorable to get them to listen to her. She may hate it, but I can't deny it's super effective, and cute Horn is ultra cute .

Horn is about to stage a jailbreak when one of Vishos' paladins turns up and hurts her, but that's enough to finally motivate Diablo to stop trying it Lumachina's way and go full Demon Lord. Nobody touches his friends/property .

Admittedly that summoner Paladin Rabbit, while kind of an older dude, was a solid combatant with his summons and his speed and sword attacks. But he had nothing that could make a dent in Diablo, and he gets crushed under a boulder all the same .

Diablo tries to stage a show of himself as a Demon Lord calling out the church and it's believers for their corruption to try and set up Lumachina as the Heroine who can stop him and redeem the church...but Lumachina believes Diablo is the voice of God, and thus if he believes they all deserve to die, than she'll accept that and await their annihilation and passage to the next life. Yeah, that definitely didn't go the way Diablo expected it .

I guess for once we have to thank the bad guy for releasing a God of Destruction for Diablo to fight and hopefully provide a resolution that doesn't end in Diablo having to act on his bluster .
Old 2021-06-03, 15:41   Link #106
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Right at first when she was crying into the grail I thought "Oh don't tell me they're rewriting it as tears that awakened the 'goddess'". But no, they did indeed keep the goddess unable to tell the difference between pee and blood.

Gotta feel bad for Horn though. What a "skill" to gain. They cut a bit of explanation out though: when she reached the confession room there was supposed to be another paladin there, who basically existed purely to demonstrate that anyone higher level than her will remain unaffected. But either way it's got to hurt to be labeled the "Old dude killer" (and yeah, that's a more accurate translation that Man Killer). Bad enough to have an "ultimate technique" that just makes older men start drooling over her, but she has to try and act sexy and coy to make it work. Those words "I wanna die" stand a good chance of becoming a personal catchphrase. She certainly is cute though, not going to deny it.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-03, 16:16   Link #107
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even after all this time, Diablo seriously underestimated how much of a fanatic Lumachina is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-03, 16:48   Link #108
Lex79

It was fine Diablo's plan completely backfire due to Lumachina's extreme devotion. She even called him God in front of all the believers...
Horn gained a lot of courage, a lot of levels and an official spot in Diablo's party (and harem). I'd say having to deal with her new embarrassing skill isn't too high of a price...
I was a bit surprised that they adapted Europa as the final boss for this arc, but I'm looking forward to see the fight.
Old 2021-06-03, 20:30   Link #109
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This episode allowed for a lot of great personal reactions to the insanity of the characters. Like Horn at the beginning. She can calm down a bit here. Diablo can get them out of there at any time. She doesn't need to power herself up to undertake a jail break.

And then we get too inside said jail with Diablo seemingly willing to let them all die because escape..."isn't what Lumachina wants." What!? I'm sorry, but when did Lumachina's morality decide all their activities? That Lumachina can't beat Vishos in a battle of wits shouldn't doom them to death. I get why he would be impressed by her morality and almost idiotic adherence to it, but there's no need to die for that.

Guess I'll give Horn credit in that sense. Someone needed to be a bit reckless and stupid in order to kick Diablo in the rear end to get him moving. Also Horn leaps well bast Shera and Rem in terms of power with that move of hers. Of course I really don't get his mindset. What did he think the end result of staying locked up would be? They would obviously try to execute all of them. He was either going to have to let that happen or fight back. His lazy thinking lead to Horn nearly getting killed.

In terms of Diablo shutting down due to flawed thinking or weakness, I think season 1 did it better. Him losing it over Shera's perceived betrayal and his own insecurities worked because we got his mindset while he was making bad decisions and not simply glossed over after he already was over it. If they did Rem getting him back on track like they did with Horn it wouldn't have worked nearly so well.

Also yeah, it is only fitting with an episode full of characters being really dumb to have Lumachina accept Diablo as both God and Demon Lord. Then accepting that they must all die and that it is perfectly fine...That really was the only way for things to go. At least Vishos was being a reasonable villain in this circumstance and just throwing out his trump card. That's probably more rational than most of the main cast in this episode .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2021-06-03 at 20:43.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-03, 22:41   Link #110
Frontier

I think ostensibly the plan wasn't to let them get killed but to see how things played out and how Lumachina acted, and anything else would end in self-defense, but Horn's actions inspired Diablo not rest on his laurels...
Old 2021-06-04, 05:07   Link #111
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

Lumachina wanted to die along with the believers. lol

time to fight the final boss of the season.. Diablo vs. Europa

looking forward to next week!
Old 2021-06-04, 21:20   Link #112
LG-MAX 2.o

Good news and bad news.
The good thing is that the anime will have two new versions being shown in streaming dAnime Store. One with a little less censorship and the other uncensored.
The bad news is that we will hardly have access to these versions, at least I don't know of any case of something shown in these streamings being leaked, especially now that piracy is being strongly fought in Japan.

Maybe Crunchyroll will bring it?

info: https://isekaimaou-anime.com/news/2021/06/04/id=689/
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 22:19   Link #113
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm curious what'll be uncensored. Whatever the case, if it comes to Blu-Ray then we can all get it, and of course there's the old-school method, me hearties.
Old 2021-06-10, 14:19   Link #114
Frontier

So, wait, is Babalon self-aware that she's in a game world? Is that how she realized they were fighting a Raid Boss? Or is she just self-aware about game terminology ?

You can only see prayers if you actually believe in God, which is why Shera could and Horn couldn't? Or is it because Shera's an elf princess? Either way, Horn's prayers were felt nevertheless .

Lumachina's naivety and quick belief in others has usually caused Diablo and company more problems than it's solved, and even in this episode Diablo takes a major hit to save her, but this time she really came through when the parishioners' resolve to believe in her and her magic through their faith ends up dispelling Vishos' enhancements so Diablo can finish him off with some impressive spears .

So Gewalt kills off the rest of Vishos' men so they can't link it back to his employer? Are they the next main villain, possibly? At least Gewalt owed enough to Lumachina to make sure they found Tria .

Thank goodness Diablo was able to figure out a way to turn this into a teachable moment for everyone so he didn't have to follow through on killing them all .

Speaking of Tria, I had almost forgotten about her since we hadn't seen her since the first episode showed she survived the battle, but she'd apparently been captured and locked up by the church. I'm glad she and Lumachina were able to reunite, and we were able to see her practically topless with her boobs wrapped up .

It's kind of sad to see Lumachina leave, but she has a lot of work to do to redeem and rebuild the church, and her experience with Diablo has made her more aware of the sinister and seedy underbelly of the world in which she lives, so hopefully she's better prepared in the future for whatever comes their way. She has also acknowledged Diablo isn't God, but she believes in (and probably loves) him nevertheless .

It was tough seeing Rose get hurt, but it looks like she'll be repaired soon with some close contact with her beloved Master who lets her know how precious she is to him .

Diablo really thought he could get through a bath without some company? I love how Shera immediately jumps at the chance to strip and get into the bath with him alongside Rem, and they get into some intimate, body-touching, bath time. I'm sure everyone's waiting for the uncensored version of this scene .

Horn's leaving too? I was really expecting she'd stick around, but instead she wants to master magic so she can be more useful to Diablo in the future. She definitely looks good in that uniform, even if it looks like Alicia will be putting her to work learning to be a proper lady .

Fitting that Rem would focus on all the dangerous stuff that happened to them this season while all Shera cared about was the food. Also, is Rem due a growth spurt on her chest or is the poor girl the only flat member of her race ?

You thought it was nice seeing Rem and Shera naked and in the bath? Well, here's Laminitius bathing and getting out as she plans to reunite with Diablo and make up for him bailing on their prior nighttime rendezvous. I think we all want to be that guard in the room with her .

Looks like Diablo finally put a ring on it with Shera, and an official marriage ring to boot, but they're not going to leave Rem out of it! Nice to see both girls more or less officially get hitched to their beloved Diablo .

Bunny Girl Rem and Shera .
Old 2021-06-10, 14:24   Link #115
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm disappointed Horn's departing. I really wanted her to remain as a permanent member of the harem. I mean sure she's twelve, but Rem's fourteen. Not much of a difference there if you ask me. Oh well, I'm sure she'll end up levelling fast and join the party again in the future. She is, after all, permanently bound to Diablo. Might be a real benefit to his party to have a sorcerer who doubles as a thief.
Old 2021-06-10, 15:24   Link #116
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm disappointed Horn's departing. I really wanted her to remain as a permanent member of the harem. I mean sure she's twelve, but Rem's fourteen. Not much of a difference there if you ask me. Oh well, I'm sure she'll end up levelling fast and join the party again in the future. She is, after all, permanently bound to Diablo. Might be a real benefit to his party to have a sorcerer who doubles as a thief.
Yeah, the Opening made me think she and Rose would be sticking around, but at least we've got Rose and the possibility of Horn returning stronger .
Old 2021-06-10, 22:11   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm a bit surprised Horn isn't sticking with them, but to be fair I was surprised to see Rose sticking around. I figured after the damage done in Diablo's dungeon that she'd be essential to keeping the place secure. The logic makes sense with Horn anyways. She never really got to do much in this arc. So sending her off to learn something should let her come back better than before.

And in other ways it makes sense. Much like the characters added in the first season the core mostly remains Diablo, Rem, and Shera. Rose is kind of breaking that to be sure, but her position is a bit more unique than a companion or love interest. Horn likely joins a growing group of allies that Diablo can rely on when needed.

I hope the final moments of the episode is hinting at a third season coming our way someday. Of course I'm just happy we got anything more for this show. But I'd love to see more from it. At the very least it was an amusing ending with the whole ring business and a lot more honesty from Rem in terms of her feelings. I suppose when the potential loss is that high then she can be a bit more honest with herself. Good for Shera in terms of getting a ring like that. Although...she kind of just went for it all on her own .

I'd say this episode was better than the last one. While the characters were being goofy, they were at least being themselves while doing it. The season overall was pretty ok. I'd say season 1 was better as a whole. But this was still an enjoyable ride and I hope we can get more of it.
Old 2021-06-11, 01:55   Link #118
Tenzen12

If there is third season I hope it will be done by either people who made first one or someone else altogether. Direction is not really good this season.
Old 2021-06-12, 04:37   Link #119
moridin84
Custom User Title

Hmm, they updated the Rem/Diablo bath into a Rem/Shera/Diablo bath.

... unless I'm mixing it up with another one in the future.

And yeah, the first season was better. I'm not sure if it was due to the content or not.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 07:16   Link #120
Lex79

Well, it's good for Rem that not only Shera is willing to share but she is also proactive in that.

Tags
ecchi, harem, isekai