AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-11, 15:43   Link #101
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
See it from this angle:
They always run the risk of her refusing to cooperate.
Being a Knight and being a noble doesn't necessarily exclude the other btw. By all we know, he could very well be the heir to a noble house.
Right, during medieval times most high ranking knights were nobles, even if they came from lesser noble houses.
Old 2021-06-15, 11:04   Link #102
Frontier

Look at Hawke's brother trying to keep Yuri busy so he doesn't interfere and meddle in Hawke and Sei's honeymoo...I mean, expedition! Radiating some nice brotherly wingman energy .

Aira looks so happy on her first day! Too bad she gets roped into journeying into battle with Yuri on said first day, but she definitely still seems happy .

You know the show is almost ending when all the supporting characters are finally colored in .

Sei realizing Hawke brings out her strongest power and then flopping around on her bed embarrassed like a girl realizing she's in love was priceless. That's the power of love, for you .

Leonhardt wanting Sei to join his mercenary band isn't too surprising after seeing what she can do, although while imagining Sei as a mercenary is kind of fun, no way is Hawke going to let Leonhardt take Sei from him .

Hawke knows a true gentleman doesn't let go of his lady's hand until the very last minute .

Oh man, now they're speaking in synch with each other. Get together already, you two .

When Sei started talking about her homeland, I thought she would bring up Japan, but I guess she was probably raised in the city so her biggest experience with nature has been at the capital .

Rimuru's not the only slime today as we meet some more monstrous and antagonistic slimes as they attack Sei and Hawke's party, but luckily Yuri and Aira are there to back them up
Old 2021-06-15, 17:30   Link #103
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things do look happier for Aira. Even if she is getting roped into something it isn't a bad thing. Good chance for her to get outside in the first place and get some good first hand experience. Seeing some really nice magic at work could help her down the road.

The power of love is pretty amusing . Of course her power skyrockets when she keeps Hawke in mind. Condolences to the guys hanging back, but they don't have much chance there.

I suppose when you are mostly a group of regular swordsmen that a slime attack would be rather hazardous. Don't really have the tools to handle this kind of attack. While Sei has a lot of magical power...she's not exactly an offensive powerhouse. Good thing they got some nice backup by the end of the episode.
Old 2021-06-15, 23:53   Link #104
X207
Gamyūsa

if Sei has had some offensive magic training then she could be able to defend herself better. i think she will get some more offensive spells later on but for now the cleric role fits her well.

LOL the corrosive slime didnt do the usual trope that you see in anime, atleast not yet unless there is a bigger slime in the area they might not be able to handle as easily
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 21:28   Link #105
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I really wonder why anime hates armor so much... Hawke is so high an mighty towards the Merc, yet most of his knights wear... Tabards only?There is like one with a really thin looking chestplate (took me a while to realize it is one, too) No wonder they always come back half dead.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 00:37   Link #106
scififan

Quote:
I really wonder why anime hates armor so much... Hawke is so high an mighty towards the Merc, yet most of his knights wear... Tabards only?There is like one with a really thin looking chestplate (took me a while to realize it is one, too) No wonder they always come back half dead.
The thin metal could be titanium, or some product of secret magic.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 11:08   Link #107
Frontier

Poor Sei when Yuri figures out she finally can willingly cast the Saint's Conjury and won't leave her alone...of course she won't tell him it's powered by her feelings for Hawke, although it seems like he'd figured that out by the end .

Sei fixing her hair the moment Hawke comes in was super cute .

Aira being there as a healer is pretty useful because Yuri definitely does not seem like the type to bother healing his companions .

They weren't kidding about how terrifying Yuri's fire magic is. You can tell he was keeping his strongest, and most destructive, spells in reserve until he absolutely had to use it and then he unleashes that powerful Inferno .

Sei has only really started going into combat situations, so obviously she's still not quite used to it or people she cares about, even just comrades, getting hurt in front of her to the point where it's hard for her to concentrate. Luckily Hawke and Yuri are there to back her up .

I'm glad Sei and Hawke didn't leave things alone and talked to each other after what happened, and Hawke even swore his sword to Sei and his desire to fulfill her every wish. And then Sei is so happy and takes a step toward Hawke...and then we fade to black. Did she kiss him ?

The Saint's Magic Power really is Omnipotent. She can defeat miasma and a bunch of monsters with a prayer or revive a whole forest .

Hawke princess carrying Sei was everything. Aira got to see a Shojo manga brought to life before her very eyes. I was a little bummed Sei didn't want it to continue, but at least they held hands .

Anyone with eyes can tell that the Saint's power is love when you see how cozy she and Hawke are .

Sei returns to the lab and Aira returns to Liz, and things end on a fairly happy note. We even get one last scene of Sei and Hawke together watching a scenic view as Sei gives, presumably, a mute title drop and we get one last shot of her lips as we part on this adorable pair .
Old 2021-06-22, 12:10   Link #108
zztop

This season covered the 1st 4 (out of 7) light novels. Vol 7 only came out last month in Japan, which leaves them with only 3 more books of content to play with. https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/322009000219/

More books would need to come out first, and new volumes only come out every 7-8 months minimum.

Spoiler for WN progress:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 12:50   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
This season covered the 1st 4 (out of 7) light novels. Vol 7 only came out last month in Japan, which leaves them with only 3 more books of content to play with. https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/322009000219/

More books would need to come out first, and new volumes only come out every 7-8 months minimum.

Spoiler for WN progress:
Time to get caught up on the books then .
Old 2021-06-22, 16:08   Link #110
magnuskn

Nice and calm series, finished pretty well. Since there is absolutely zero tension if Sei will end up with her guy, one can live easily without seeing the rest of it. I guess they left Aira hanging a bit, but since she had settled in as well, it's far from a "bad" end for her.
Old 2021-06-22, 16:16   Link #111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Nice and calm series, finished pretty well. Since there is absolutely zero tension if Sei will end up with her guy, one can live easily without seeing the rest of it. I guess they left Aira hanging a bit, but since she had settled in as well, it's far from a "bad" end for her.
One of these days, I'd like an isekai series where the summoned heroes band together to really, really make the summoners regret trying to shanghai them like that.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 17:03   Link #112
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The thin metal could be titanium, or some product of secret magic.
Titanium is highly acid resistant...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-06-22, 22:38   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
One of these days, I'd like an isekai series where the summoned heroes band together to really, really make the summoners regret trying to shanghai them like that.
Well, that's more or less what happened in Shield Hero eventually, even if it was mostly Naofumi .
Old 2021-06-23, 00:18   Link #114
scififan

Quote:
Titanium is highly acid resistant...
Maybe this acid is alien technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There is one light novel turned manga dealt with this aspect. The summoned killed the summoner right away. The entire series is a blood bath. Then, there is another light novel turned manga is getting anime treatment. The summoned fights his way to figure out his revenge plan due to the mistreatment from the goddess.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-24, 01:57   Link #115
Alchemist007
*Author

Was an alright show but a little too slow and not enough happened.

6/10
Old 2021-06-24, 21:07   Link #116
Strahan

Quote:
The summoned fights his way to figure out his revenge plan due to the mistreatment from the goddess.
Sounds vaguely familiar; what is the title?
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-25, 23:06   Link #117
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Was an alright show but a little too slow and not enough happened.

6/10
id give it 8/10. the pace was good, no serious drama in the series. id would have wished they'd have more action but a slower pace is a nice change when most series are so fast paced.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-25, 23:46   Link #118
AP24

The worst part was how the anime rushed through LN Vol 3-4 contents. Vol 1 was covered in 4 episodes, Vol 2 in almost 5 episodes and then Vol 3-4 in about 1.5 episodes each.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-26, 03:58   Link #119
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Maybe this acid is alien technology.
No, it's from a slime, and no, it can't just eat the metal and only cause light wounds to the human below it.