AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-19, 11:15   Link #381
Blueknight78

my final toughts:
i really liked the action, the main cast hero side, the villians i have mixed feelings as the others pointed they feel "half assed" specially mujina, her issue with Koyomi feel poor handled, basically they have one time encouter and she become obssessed with him, the others while also was not well handled either at last they issues where more developed, for exemple shizumu we learn which his issue was which he never was able to understand humans he wanted but the only thing he could understand was kaijus, the glass guy had his obessession over "kaiju world", the other punk guy was just a comic relief maniac want to kill everyone, but mujina just feel needing a little more screen time to make me understand better her issue and connextion with koyomi which really feel a bit odd.

another issue which i had was as the others told too the city damage, then unless this is another "virtual world" or the sims like world", or gta like city where peoples don't care about "colateral damage and deaths" because of the limited ai they have, don't make sense how most of the peoples reacted toward the kaijus as if they where nothing to be "afraid/scared", while many "bakas" where gathering to take pictures in the area of damage, others just ignored the monsters and keep doing they business as if they are not scared of die from the kaijus it's really feel weird.

another issue which i do had was with the Koyomi cousin i really don't feel like she had a real proper "close" she still afraid of go to school, and honestly why she feel her cousin Koyomi would abandon her, she really have low spectations toward peoples for what we saw, i'm pretty sure which at last Koyomi would still find ways to "support her" he don't looks like someone which would ignore her as she was acting, like at anytime anyone from the group would ignore her.

well overal i really enjoyed the show my issues where those 3 but overal the show still good for me.
Old 2021-06-19, 12:53   Link #382
Frontier

I guess it's possible we get a new cast who ends up with a new Gridman user and also pilot Dynazenon, but I feel like it's being posited as a crossover so I would think we'd probably see the two respective show casts come together...but that's just me .
Old 2021-06-19, 13:48   Link #383
justavisitor

The characters in gridman and dynazenon always feel too detached/relaxed...in gridman, the main characters don't have a problem when Akane happens to live just beside them, and in here, Yomogi and Yume don't have a problem when Sizumu transfers to their school, and they still give a wtf look when Sizumu tries to kill them in the second last episode. Is this an analogy to the current Japan? (Just random guess)

This is very different from the brave saga series in my childhood XD

In a sense, Gouma teaches the co. to be connected again. Out of the four, I think Koyomi has the best "transformation"
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 18:39   Link #384
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess it's possible we get a new cast who ends up with a new Gridman user and also pilot Dynazenon, but I feel like it's being posited as a crossover so I would think we'd probably see the two respective show casts come together...but that's just me .
I could see the Dynazenon cast returning, but I'm not sure what the Gridman cast would contribute. They're completely useless when it comes to fighting.
Old 2021-06-19, 19:50   Link #385
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I could see the Dynazenon cast returning, but I'm not sure what the Gridman cast would contribute. They're completely useless when it comes to fighting.
Well, if Gridman is coming back they'll need someone to Access Flash with him...
Old 2021-06-19, 20:28   Link #386
Random14

Quote:
Well, if Gridman is coming back they'll need someone to Access Flash with him...
Maybe, but that was partially due to the very... unusual circumstances of the setting for that series. I expect if/when Gridman shows up again the rules will probably change again.

Personally I'm hoping for more awesome combinations. Dynazenon on its own was already really cool, then they added Gridknight and Goldburn, but if they bring back everyone else, whoa. I expect people have already played around with the models to see what's possible.

This show's cast had a bit of connection to their vehicles (and especially Goldburn), I could see them returning, or at least a cameo. Their story is pretty much done but they probably wouldn't mind helping out again. And that's if Gauma really is gone.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 21:22   Link #387
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just wanna say that the final shot of Yomogi being the mummy and Yume being a ghost (wearing white kimono for dead people) and both of them laughing is a nice touch, kinda reflecting Gauma who has been searching for his princess' ghost all this time.
Old 2021-06-19, 21:29   Link #388
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Oh, nice catch. I had totally missed that.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 22:06   Link #389
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Maybe, but that was partially due to the very... unusual circumstances of the setting for that series. I expect if/when Gridman shows up again the rules will probably change again.

Personally I'm hoping for more awesome combinations. Dynazenon on its own was already really cool, then they added Gridknight and Goldburn, but if they bring back everyone else, whoa. I expect people have already played around with the models to see what's possible.

This show's cast had a bit of connection to their vehicles (and especially Goldburn), I could see them returning, or at least a cameo. Their story is pretty much done but they probably wouldn't mind helping out again. And that's if Gauma really is gone.
I'm kind of curious how it will work and if they'll bring back Gridman's SSSS design for the combinations. And the support weapons...

Dynazenon was based on Dyna Dragon which was able to fuse with OG!Gridman, so maybe they could re-apply that here? Granted, if it worked for Gridknight it would probably also work for Gridman .
Old 2021-06-19, 22:53   Link #390
zztop

I've heard that Tsuburaya's TsubuCon will be held this December, and the Dynazenon event show this October.

Assuming preproduction has already started on the 3rd instalment, hopefully some announcements will be made at those events.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 23:27   Link #391
Frontier

Looks like they gave Gauma a proper Tokusatsu farewell:

Old 2021-06-20, 05:06   Link #392
zztop

Quote:
Looks like they gave Gauma a proper Tokusatsu farewell:

Looks like it'll be content or cover for an official commemorative artbook for Dynazenon.
https://trigger.ecq.sc/trg-jp-dnz-027.html

Preorders start from this Jun 21st-Jul 5th, and you get the copies by August.
Or you can wait for general sales in September.

There'll be over a 100 trigger creators involved in this book; Amemiya, Hiroki, Imaishi, Yoshiyuki, etc.

(Maybe Amemiya might include a bonus conclusion manga for Dynazenon, just like the one he did for Gridman.)

Last edited by zztop; 2021-06-20 at 11:46.
Old 2021-06-20, 07:57   Link #393
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, Gauma is probably the most handsome animated living mummy ever. Even when counting the Mummies Alive! show

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-06-20, 10:39   Link #394
AHT

Spoiler for :
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 11:08   Link #395
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHT View Post
Spoiler for :
More gattai chibi silliness:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/89111949

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/89739088

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/90482687

Last edited by zztop; 2021-06-20 at 11:39.
Old 2021-06-20, 11:38   Link #396
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Spoiler for :
What a majestic sight .
Old 2021-06-20, 11:57   Link #397
zztop

The real-life locations featured in Dynazenon:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1jK411c7N2

And the Umihotaru complex in Ep 7:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nQ...d_more_video.1
Old 2021-06-20, 12:22   Link #398
Frontier

Quote:
Spoiler for :
This makes me wonder if Chise might inherit Dyna Diver.
Old 2021-06-20, 12:50   Link #399
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
This makes me wonder if Chise might inherit Dyna Diver.
If they want to bring this cast back in that coming sequel then it certainly could work. They never did what I expected and create some cockpit within Goldburn for her too hang out in. So there's a free seat available. Even if I still suspect that Gauma's spirit may be possessing Dynazenon itself. But that's fine since if they do all come back then the full team can fight together in some form.
Old 2021-06-22, 08:44   Link #400
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wanna see Yume playing piano?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu