Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 23:58   Link #21321
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So, apparently this girl was the opposite of Ruby, who gets off by feeling pain herself. This chick was getting off by cutting Fong Fong

She's a sadist, but I did enjoy Fong Fong's reversal at the end. Guess he isn't as useless as the girls believed.

On a lighter note, anyone else notice the shuriken comically wedged in Mizore's head? Irony indeed.
Phoenix6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:03   Link #21322
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
She's a sadist, but I did enjoy Fong Fong's reversal at the end. Guess he isn't as useless as the girls believed.

On a lighter note, anyone else notice the shuriken comically wedged in Mizore's head? Irony indeed.
And the kunai in Tsukune's head. He just yanks it right out of there
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 02:08   Link #21323
Kafriel
Senior Guest

LOL @ heart chainsaw and the traps...
Quote:
I hope they keep rushing through them like this, just return to the good ol days of school life harem antics please ;__;.
It does give off the feeling of endless drama incoming though, what with the end of the world and everything
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:05   Link #21324
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Wow, the delay was very long but it shouldn't be so surprising its the holidays and its getting close to christmas, but indeed a good chapter, Fong-Fong needs some spotlight time, however i find it interesting on how the characters are now saying that the fate of the world is in Tsukune's hands, i guess we know what that means.....

GO FONG-FONG!!!

As for Gyokuro, i love her tanned skin, but i hope Akasha gets her chance to kick her @$$, Gyokuro will get herself killed because of her evil ways.

So that girl was the 4th subdivision leader, and i'm guessing Sai-Lung Miu is also one of the subdivision leaders, meaning once defeated that leaves 3 left (still excluding Miyabi of course), this might go a little faster than we thought.
I wholly agree about Gyokuro, I do believe this was her "Mission Accomplished" moment, one she'll soon very much regret.

As for Routier, she seemed a bit too weak to be a subdivision leader, Sai-Ling Miu seems far more suitable for the position. I'm betting he's the real leader of Subdivision Four, since his silhouette was shown amongst the five branch leaders here: http://2.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ii_044_020.jpg

Also, I wonder if he was the reason Akuha got back into the Miu's good graces, especially since they put a hit out on her after she fled China. Perhaps he took over after his parents passed on, or possibly took them out and seized power himself. Wouldn't surprise me, since this is a youkai mafia we're talking about. Can't wait to find out the whole truth myself. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:56   Link #21325
Tachibana
タチバナ

I agree about his Silhouette, indeed it does match Sai-Lung's figure, so he is no doubt one of the subdivision leaders, Akua and him probably do know eachother, since she is a relative of the Miu family, but that doesn't really matter at this point, even Sai-Lung's power is nowhere near Akua's, but he looks very young for the Miu family head, as compared to Fei-Hung Huang, so Sai-Lung might be closer to Fong-Fong's age, but now it looks like the showdown between the Huang and Miu family is about to begin, once Sai-Lung is beaten that will "destroy" the Miu family, i wonder what Tim-Tim will think of this, she did come from that family afterall.
Old 2011-11-29, 00:23   Link #21326
Chris38

Well, one thing that I think we can agree on, after reading chapter, is that Fong Fong is most likely a crunching moron, hidden badass - or at least it seems to be portrayed in that way - we will see how he fares against his Miu family counterpart before we will be able to properly put our judgment on that.

Still, even if that's the case, Fong Fong probably isn't as strong as Tsukune or the other girls in Tsukune's harem - well maybe besides Yukari, who hopefully is going to actually do something during the fight with Miu Sai-Lung, unless his "failing" to do a proper summoning is a disguise as well.

Speaking about Tsukune, well I believe that at the current point of the story, Tsukune might be the strongest member of the Newspaper club (even if he still has problems in properly controlling the full extent of Moka's Shinso blood) - well that most likely isn't going to be confirmed until Tsukune's fight with Akua, since I really doubt that Tsukune is going to participate in the battle, before his fight with Akua, and considering that Miyabi is probably scheming something along with Hokuto and Kiria, he probably won't fight against Tsukune, until he rescues Moka.

After all, we are still unaware of what Tsukune is capable of, since I believe that chapter 43 is only a small demonstration of Tsukune's current abilities, which makes us unable to predict how Tsukune's fight against Akua is going to proceed, even if we are capable of predicting the outcome of that fight (after all, Tsukune is quite a determinator, when Moka's life is in danger) and unfortunately I don't see Ikeda changing that, since letting Tsukune fight before his confrontation against Akua would make the battle against her, predictable for the reader (in other words - boring).
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 18:19   Link #21327
GrimJack

The long expected Tsukune cover for volume 10

unfortunately my computer died so I have to rebuild my sig to include it
Old 2011-11-29, 18:22   Link #21328
Shadow5YA

Damn, Tsukune. There's no sign of the wimpiness he had back in season I.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 18:29   Link #21329
Xagzan

Wait, didn't we just have a Tsukune cover recently? What image am I thinking about?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 18:33   Link #21330
Johnny
Working the bags...

That is a pretty bad ass cover. Though it would have been better if he had the different eye colors like in ch 43 colored page...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 18:37   Link #21331
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That is a pretty bad ass cover. Though it would have been better if he had the different eye colors like in ch 43 colored page...
true, but in return seems to have the tattoo/brand who has in his bersek forme (I mean the one pre uman modification thing).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:23   Link #21332
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Am I the only who thinks that the proportions are off, in regard to his head compared to the body? Other than that though... well, it looks like we have a silver-haired Tsukune after all. But just what is that bandaging around his hand? The Holy lock we know of, but those bandages? About the biggest drawback to this is that he looks like a shoujo bishie

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:31   Link #21333
Soji

^Maybe I'm wrong, but they look like seals or magical symbols....Perhaps he needs them for what he has learned or to reinforce the Holy lock when he goes vampire modeBut you're right this Tsukune have silver-haired I had not noticed before.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-11-29 at 19:55.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:51   Link #21334
GrimJack

now that i have spent an hour rebuilding my sig I have noticed that Moka on vol 1 and Tsukune on volume ten make good book ends for the volumes
Old 2011-11-29, 19:53   Link #21335
Johnny
Working the bags...

At least he doesn't have a 5 foot neck like the Kurumu one...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 22:07   Link #21336
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Would have been perfect if it had the both of them together...but I guess that's what promotional art is for...

And looking over your sig GrimJack, we've all been on R+V for a loooong time haven't we? I mean, just look at how the art has evolved over time...
Old 2011-11-30, 09:25   Link #21337
Tachibana
タチバナ

Nice Tsukune cover, total badassness right thar

About the bandages on his right arm that the Holy Lock is on, my explanation is that the Holy Lock was probably far too damaged for any repairs, so Touhou used those sealing bandages to reseal his (Akasha's) Shinso blood inside his body. This seal is probably more effective than the Holy Lock, which would also mean that the Holy Lock is near the point of breaking completely, in that event the sealing bandages becomes an alternative a "failsafe", this also means that at some point in the future of this Arc Tsukune will go berserk and if Alucard hasn't awaken by then, than we know what to expect. But i wonder if those sealing bandages will be effective when it happens or will Tsukune's power be far to strong for the sealing bandages to be of any use. Though the odd thing is that Ikeda hasn't drawn those sealing bandages in the recent chapters of the new Tsukune.
Old 2011-11-30, 09:54   Link #21338
Lender

Badass? where?

It's personal opinion but for me it looks like a lazzy SHOUJO guy, the face expression was the worst thing.

I am much more the RV I vol.6 cover for Tsukune, at least he looks like a man on that cover.

Last edited by Lender; 2011-11-30 at 10:18.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 12:01   Link #21339
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Nice Tsukune cover, total badassness right thar

About the bandages on his right arm that the Holy Lock is on, my explanation is that the Holy Lock was probably far too damaged for any repairs, so Touhou used those sealing bandages to reseal his (Akasha's) Shinso blood inside his body. This seal is probably more effective than the Holy Lock, which would also mean that the Holy Lock is near the point of breaking completely, in that event the sealing bandages becomes an alternative a "failsafe", this also means that at some point in the future of this Arc Tsukune will go berserk and if Alucard hasn't awaken by then, than we know what to expect. But i wonder if those sealing bandages will be effective when it happens or will Tsukune's power be far to strong for the sealing bandages to be of any use. Though the odd thing is that Ikeda hasn't drawn those sealing bandages in the recent chapters of the new Tsukune.
Sorry to disappoint you, but in my opinion nothing has happened to the Holy Lock, since you can still see a part of it, in chapter 43 of the Second Season, on page 28.

Now, I don't know what's up with the bandages on the cover, it might be some kind of foreshadow of future events, but for know there isn't anything suggesting that Tsukune is wearing something like that.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 13:59   Link #21340
Tachibana
タチバナ

I never said anything happened to the Holy Lock, however i did state that it was probably damaged beyond repair, but it was just a speculation about the bandages and Holy Lock.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire