AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 10:25   Link #2301
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The novels were translated completely up into Continuing on My Own. Burning One Man Force is being translated but slowly. A North American company bought the license and will release the first official English novel this September and will release a new one every 6 months, ending the series around 2011.

No more anime besides the three series, but we all hope for an announcement of another show in 2008. There is a manga but it is not really connected to the show and novel.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 12:39   Link #2302
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
There is a manga but it is not really connected to the show and novel.
The manga "Full Metal Panic!" in 9 volume by Retsu Tateo is an adaptation of the first three novel (main story line) + some of the short stories.

The manga "Full Metal Panic! Sigma" by Hiroshi Ueda (4 or 5 manga released right now only in Japanese) is the adaptation of ODBD and COMO.

ODBD -> Owaru Day by Day (the end of Day by Day) or FMP! TSR
COMO -> Tsuduku On My Own (Continuing On My Own)
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 13:01   Link #2303
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I know they are related, but I heard they are alot lighter than the novels.
Old 2007-08-24, 18:27   Link #2304
Miles Teg

Quote:
The manga by Retsu Tateo follow the novel, there is some thing that has been added/removed but nothing that change the story. For an easiest comparison it's the same as the anime (the first one by Gonzo except for the anime-original part). The manga is half main story line, half short stories so yes some volume are "light".

For Sigma I don't know I haven't read a single chapter of this manga.
Old 2007-08-24, 21:29   Link #2305
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

Quote:
you did it for the epic lulz too?
i blew up a van for epic lulz...

*sigh* why cant they just release the lineup for the next year...

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 21:36   Link #2306
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I always blow up vans for the epic lulz. But now they have a dog and tracker so I can't get as many epic lulz anymore.
Old 2007-08-25, 06:34   Link #2307
johnnywazza

Heya peeps! First post, but been readin this thread for freakin ages. Let me first just say this- HunterSeeker, you are the MAN! :P

Secondly just cause there was teh manga talk, there are 24 english chapters of it here:

http://manga.bleachexile.com/full%20metal%20panic/1/1/

prolly elsewhere and a LONG way back in the story, but fun to go through if you ever feel the FMP addiction comin on
johnnywazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 06:43   Link #2308
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywazza View Post
Secondly just cause there was teh manga talk, there are 24 english chapters of it here:

http://manga.bleachexile.com/full%20metal%20panic/1/1/

prolly elsewhere and a LONG way back in the story, but fun to go through if you ever feel the FMP addiction comin on
You could have the 9 volume here -> http://www.amazon.com/

The manga has been licensed since 2003.
Old 2007-08-25, 09:18   Link #2309
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Spoiler for the continuation of BOMF right after the last point, WARNING SPOILER HEAVY:

As for the new novel, I'm tracking news closely upon local sites and so if anything pops up I'll report ASAP.

Last edited by HunterSeeker; 2007-08-25 at 09:53.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 11:23   Link #2310
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Hunter, will you do summaries for the new novel as well when you are finished reading?
Old 2007-08-25, 19:20   Link #2311
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Hunter, will you do summaries for the new novel as well when you are finished reading?
Probably, depending on my time available. Since you don't know when you're free in university......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 20:45   Link #2312
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well I thank you if you do, and thanks anyways if you don't. Seems you will be my only way to find out what happens within the next few years...
Old 2007-08-26, 17:54   Link #2313
L0nglife

Exclamation Sry for this long post but need Infos :)

Hello everybody. I have some questions about FMP... My knowledge goes as far as the last episode of FMP! TSR and some posts in this Forum ( so Yes I´m a noob ;P). I don´t have any Novels or Volumes of FMP . Would be cool if you could help me out a bit . If some of these questions are allready answered somewhere else in this Forum, a copy/paste would be enough as answer

1. In which Novel (or Volume)/ Chapter is Kaname been taken away/ kidnaped by Amalgam/ Leonardo? And how much Time has passed since the last episode of FMP! TSR?

2. Why does Amalgam take away/ kidnap Kaname?

3. Does Susuke know where Kaname is, after she has been taken away/ kidnaped?

4. There are 2 Hijacks in FMP. One airjack and one seajack and both of them are during school outings right? Is this seajack right after the last FMP! TSR episode?

5. In which Novel/ Volume does Susuke admit that he not only has feelings for Kaname but realy loves her? In the last episode of FMP! TSR you see these 2 hanging in the train next to each other. Sousuke then asks what Kaname wanted to tell him back then... The only thing she then says is... " Just forget it " O.o ... xD arrrrgh!!! In this moment I only asked myselfe... WHY??? WHY not telling him ???

6. Who is Nami? Doese she appear in the FMp-Series somewhere? If yes is there a Manga pic of her somewhere online?

7. How far have the novels progressed since the last FMP-Series?

If you could answere the questions with more detailes would be nice ( Just writing YES/NO is ok, but light disaffecting ). Many thanks in advance,
L0nglife
L0nglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 00:30   Link #2314
Meatrose
Antihero

Hi and welcome! =)

I haven't read any books past Day by Day "upper and lower volume" - the books that "became" TSR, but I'll try to answer your questions anyhow. Please note that if Hunterseeker or someone else completely disagrees with what I say... go with their explanation.

1. Continuing On My Own. Don't know how much time that has passed since the events of TSR though, but I think it's not that big of a time-leap.

2. She's a whispered. =)

3. Nope, he doesn't know her location.

4. Yeah, it's in Dancing Very Marry Christmas, the first "yet-to-be-animated" main plot novel.

5. If you're referring to the conversation between Sousuke and Tessa; Dancing Very Marry Christmas is the one. If you're referring to a possible conversation between Sousuke and Kaname... well, I'm not going to spoil you in that case... unless you want to be spoiled.

6. Another whispered that Sousuke meets along the way while searching for Kaname. I have no knowledge whatsoever about the FMP-mangas, but perhaps there's a picture of her in the light novel? I don't know though, you'll probably have to wait until someone who actually read the books reads this. ^^

7. I'm not quite sure of what kind of answer you're looking for here. Anyhow, FMP! and FMP!TSR took care of the first five main plot novels. The final main plot novel is set to be serialized this fall (starting september as far as I know), and if we include that one, there are five novels left to animate. If we apply the same "novel-to-anime-ratio" that would mean that there's going to be enough novel-material available for an additional 36 episodes of anime. In other words, 50 percent(-ish) of the story has been animated. (Note that I'm not involving Fumoffu in the discussion, since it's a side-story-compilation)

And, like I said; I'm probably not the right person to answer these questions due to the fact that I didn't read the books that go past the events of TSR. If someone else answers too (and their explanation differs from mine)... go with theirs.
Old 2007-08-27, 08:43   Link #2315
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0nglife View Post
1. In which Novel (or Volume)/ Chapter is Kaname been taken away/ kidnaped by Amalgam/ Leonardo? And how much Time has passed since the last episode of FMP! TSR?
It's in COMO "Continuing On My Own", COMO take place in January/February 9 to 10 month since Sousuke has "transfered" to Jindai.

Quote:
2. Why does Amalgam take away/ kidnap Kaname?
Because she's a Whispered nothing else.

Quote:
3. Does Susuke know where Kaname is, after she has been taken away/ kidnaped?
He don't know where she is, but he know where to look to find Amalgam.

Quote:
4. There are 2 Hijacks in FMP. One airjack and one seajack and both of them are during school outings right? Is this seajack right after the last FMP! TSR episode?
The seajack (24/25 of December) is some month after TSR (probably September or October).

Quote:
5. In which Novel/ Volume does Susuke admit that he not only has feelings for Kaname but realy loves her?
In fact there is three instance, at the end of DVMC Sousuke say to Tessa that he love Chidori.

In COMO Chidori and Sousuke admit that they love each other but also that they are scared. Chidori saw Sousuke has the cold blooded soldier that he is (killing other people or seeing comrade being killed before him and not having a single reaction) and Sousuke has problem with the Whispered part of Chidori (being able to understand thing that no normal human should be able).

And finally in MMD they finally admit that they love each other, over the radio and on an open channel (but in Japanese)

Quote:
6. Who is Nami? Doese she appear in the FMp-Series somewhere? If yes is there a Manga pic of her somewhere online?
She's a Whispered, she only appear on the novel.

Quote:
7. How far have the novels progressed since the last FMP-Series?
After TSR (EODBD) has been published COMO, BOMF and MMD, the next novel should be the last one.
Old 2007-08-27, 16:41   Link #2316
L0nglife

Talking Thx

Special THX to Meatrose and Miles Teg... Now i can finally sleep a little better at night ... The only thing that disturbs me is the fact, that i don´t have one novel of FMP
Just can´t find them... Went to the biggest bookshop in Zürich and asked for one of these novels... They don´t have them. The only thing they have are the Manga volumes of FMP O.o
Well i think i have to start with these first and wait for Sep. for the novels of "Shouji Gatou, Shoji Gato" to come out ^^

One more time... sssssssssssspecial THX to u 2

P.S.

Post by Meatrose: "5. If you're referring to the conversation between Sousuke and Tessa; Dancing Very Marry Christmas is the one. If you're referring to a possible conversation between Sousuke and Kaname... well, I'm not going to spoil you in that case... unless you want to be spoiled. "

SPOIL ME pls
L0nglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 23:48   Link #2317
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Post by Meatrose: "5. If you're referring to the conversation between Sousuke and Tessa; Dancing Very Marry Christmas is the one. If you're referring to a possible conversation between Sousuke and Kaname... well, I'm not going to spoil you in that case... unless you want to be spoiled. "

SPOIL ME pls
Hehe, well then, you asked for it.

I'm going to copy/paste two versions of the translation that Miles Teq posted a few pages back in this thread. I'm not going to describe the scene, cause the conversation speaks for itself basically. ^^

Spoiler for CMMD-confession:
Old 2007-08-28, 08:46   Link #2318
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Hehe, well then, you asked for it.

I'm going to copy/paste two versions of the translation that Miles Teq posted a few pages back in this thread. I'm not going to describe the scene, cause the conversation speaks for itself basically. ^^

Spoiler for CMMD-confession:
I think....Kaname has become a single source...a complete goal in his mind. Maybe she is what he needs, psychologically, something whole, something good, something normal and complete. That drives him.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 12:10   Link #2319
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
I think....Kaname has become a single source...a complete goal in his mind. Maybe she is what he needs, psychologically, something whole, something good, something normal and complete. That drives him.
I wonder if Sousuke will go Garlock in the last novel >:3
Old 2007-08-31, 01:41   Link #2320
FrostWolf

Hey anybody know when Ravyn is issuing the next part of BOMF
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen