AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-05, 13:03   Link #41
martino
makes no files now

What do you think about this:

Why did Pete always interrupt her when she was going to declare her feelings for him?

Myself I'm usure about the answer. On one hand I think that Pete knew what she felt twards him, but he always interrupted her so that she wouldn't say it cause any more heartbreak. On the other hand I get the feeling that he didn't know what she felt for him and just simply interrupted her whenever it was taking her too long to say something...what do you think?

Last edited by martino; 2006-09-05 at 13:19.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 01:43   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think that he didn't want her to commit her feelings since he knew that they had no future. His leaving would have been even harder if she ever said it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 23:40   Link #43
sanzolim

excuse me.. can somebody tell a site wherein i can get some summaries or scans on the volume 4+ of ginban.. i really want to follow the story..
sanzolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 04:21   Link #44
Rainbow6

Just for the record

Every show i watch doesnt go my way T.T, It's like so sad. Any news on a sequel aye? I tried reading the manga on the net,but my japanese isn't at Kanji level yet so theres much i don't understand. Oh well,To the next anime! Jigoku Shoujo!
Rainbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 11:34   Link #45
martino
makes no files now

I doubt that there would be a sequel, as the story was pretty much concluded.
Old 2007-02-07, 12:46   Link #46
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Episode 6

Does anyone know the title of the insert song uses at the end of episode 6 when Tazusa was working on her new program?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 15:18   Link #47
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Does anyone know the title of the insert song uses at the end of episode 6 when Tazusa was working on her new program?
According to the credits in the episode, the title is "Way", by the same group that did the ending song, cAnON
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 22:56   Link #48
tom9984

Spoiler:

Last edited by tom9984; 2007-02-23 at 18:46. Reason: Spoilers
tom9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 16:51   Link #49
martino
makes no files now

Remember to use the spoiler tag...

Spoiler:

I liked how they did the ending, and I would have left it that way...
Old 2007-03-23, 21:30   Link #50
lixuelai

The novel series it is based on isnt over AFAIK. The anime probably ends right here though.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:33   Link #51
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, if she lives her life well they will meet again.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 05:56   Link #52
Reiven
Deceptive Twaddle Speak

I just finished watching the series a few days ago (even though I bought the DVD last Christmas) but I really liked it.

Sure, it won't make my top ten list of most favourite, but it still does leave an impression. I really liked Pete Pumps (even the randomly spoken Engrish x3) and thought he sounded rather familiar. He's voiced by the same guy who does Hibiki Tokai in Vandread! (which incidentally, is my most favourite anime of all time!)

I wrote a short after the series fic, here, if anyone would be interested.

Fine, you got me. I had no where else to pimp it out x3. I be guilty of charged.

It's quite sad for the fandom when you can't even find it on LJ. You can find nearly anything on LJ including Cave of the Golden Rose! Now that's like whoa!

Last edited by Reiven; 2007-06-05 at 05:59. Reason: fixed an unintentional smiley
Reiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 01:24   Link #53
lillaziboi

xD i just started and finished this series in 1-2 days lmao :P but uhhh...i wanna clarify sum stuff, >.> and im not gonna quote ppl cuz i dun rmber which page i saw it XD hahaha, uhhhh

abt tazuka and yoko being real sisters...isn't she the daughter of tazuka's coach? if she is the daughter of her coach then if they were biological sisters then the coach is either her father or father-in-law, which either way, i doubt the media(dun rmber which ep LOL was watching it @ like 10 am without sleep XD hahaha) would spread that rumour of nitta or coach, who will win

xD abt the ep 2 thingy, i tot it was either masturbation, period, or crap XD which is it? >.> well its likely a crap but... :P any evidence? XD

at the last ep when tazuka told pete that even tho if u know for sure its true, u want someone to actually say it >< i tot this was telling pete to say "i love you" T.T but didn't happen >.>

XD when i found out abt pete disappearing on feb 23 i tot that pete would disappear, and then wake up from his coma<---wut i tot happened at the time b4 even reading the forum...and then went to cheer tazuka @ olympics...idk how he got ticket and how he got in torina in time but LOL and then cheer for tazuka and then she gets a medal XD

animes can have miracles XD :P i wish there's like a special or sequel where pete comes back T.T coma...please...coma uhhhhh...in the crash he broke all his bones but somehow magically survives w/ all his injuries then when the explosion happened, sumthing blocked the force of the explosion keeping him safe but then he got projected into a wall? XD after massive reconstructive surgery it took god 100 days to repair his body but is in a coma during all this? o.o

i seriously want tazuka and pete to end up together... i dun care if the science fiction genre is added to this, LOL xD pete was actually an alien which allowed him to have a indestructable body? XD or...god saw that he deserved to live and brought him back to life >.>
lillaziboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 04:33   Link #54
min_min94

hmm...where can i download the manga of this...pls tell me ...tnx
min_min94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 03:02   Link #55
mpt37

I was browsing through Ayako Kawasumi's role list and came across this anime, so I figured I'd take a look at. I just finished watching it and it was a really enjoyable anime. The characters were great, the best part of this anime was Pete and Tazusa's interaction.

Spoiler for ending:
mpt37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 13:59   Link #56
kissmedeadly91

i didn't think the anime would be as good as it was, but i actually got teary when pete had to go. i was really wishing that he'd appear again like reincarnated or put in another body so he could be with tazusa. if there's a season two, it would suck if it was about the sister, yoko? cuz i want there to be more about the Pete x Tazusa romance... ^_^
kissmedeadly91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 12:47   Link #57
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
just finished watched ginban anime at animax
OMG!!! why the ending so sad!!!
when pete go while tazusa late to confess her love i cried!!!!
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 13:10   Link #58
Aduntoredas

I watched all of the episodes of this anime... and all I can say is "two thumbs up" for the its really good even it so sad, but its kinda unique huh... the two main characters are parting from each other in the end...

anyway... I dont know if theres a season 2 of this anime... if someone has a link of season 2 of this anime... can you kindly please post it here...

or anyone knows a link of manga of this anime... somewhat vol 2 - 9... can you please post the link here... so I can continue the story of this anime.... 'cause I saw in wikipedia... this anime has a 9 volumes...

1st short circuit program - road to dream

2nd free program - winner takes all

3rd Pair Program - So shy too-too princess

4th Little Program - Big sister but sister

5th Rookie Program - Candy candy all my rules <----------- I have the feeling that little girl here was the sis of pete pumps *just a feeling*

6th Double Program - A long, wrong time ago

7th Lyrical Program - Be in love with your miracle

8th Cosmic Program - Big time again!

9th Cinderella Progra - Say it ain't so

and BTW, take note, the cover of each vol... pete is not only other cover of other volume... except in in volume one... well I guess the story of tazusa and pete is already finished... well its just a guess...

and in volume three theres another boy that tazusa is hugging

http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-ginban/ <---------- images of volume covers

anyway... if someone know a link of those volume where I can read... please post it here... thnx....

Last edited by Aduntoredas; 2007-08-19 at 13:12. Reason: misplaced url link
Aduntoredas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 14:50   Link #59
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I just finished this and I loved every second of it. It's one of my favorite anime ever now. It made me cry ;_;

I'm glad she didn't win 1st place. That would have been dumb. But I am kind of sad that Pete couldn't stay with her.

I don't know why everyone ignored this show. I thought it was wonderful
Old 2008-10-21, 07:32   Link #60
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Just finished this series and it's a very solid title. Plenty of humour, light romance, and a strong female lead. Sure she's a bitch, but so was Haruhi and heaps of people love her. What I loved most was the plentiful Engrish to be found throughout the series. I just love Engrish and can't help but smile when I hear it.

8/10 an admirable title that anyone interested in the genre should check out.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shounen, sports