AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 17:44   Link #401
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Well, saying that it's either jealousy or insanity that fuelled their actions is a false dichotomy. Humans are driven by emotions other than those two, be it anger, disappointment, embarrassment, despair, etc. Not everything we do has to be reasonable, especially when strong emotions are involved, and that goes even for the majority of us who aren't insane. I find their actions understandable, notwithstanding the possible irrationality conditional on additional facts regarding Himeko's actions that are not available to us due to lack of detail in the anime and manga.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:49   Link #402
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I am sort of aware of that. However, if jealousy didn't play a part in it, then they sent her away for no reason entirely. So they are either insane or jealous. Unless there's something I overlooked.
Like what Myssa Rei said, it would probably be more of anger + resentment.
I feel there are 2 parts to it:
1. Firstly the negative emotions of the victims of such a huge incident will still remain for a while even after the incident and the guys were caught. And they needed an outlet for it. This is pretty much an inherent nature for most humans. So it's pretty understandable, like what frivolity said. It's just like after having an angry conversation with someone on the phone or an argument with a friend or family, the next person who comes into your path within minutes will bear the brunt of what remains of your anger. Of course this is way more serious than that and the remaining negative emotions needed an outlet and Himiko became that, and it's easy to target Himiko because of (2).

2. Like it or not, even if Himiko is really 'innocent' because she has no evil intentions, it is in fact her actions that had indirectly led to their misfortune, which will cause them to resent her. Even without the intention, especially if her actions are something that are within her control and can be avoided (compare manslaughter caused by someone who's talking on the phone while driving vs manslaughter due to car fault that leads to it going out of control; she could have chosen not to bring her friends there), thus she cannot be completely free from the responsibility of causing the incident, even if she's merely the catalyst and might have played only a small part objectively speaking. Perhaps, over the years, when time has healed their wounds, it might be possible to forgive her, but definitely not in the short term. Imagine this: if a car driver was rushing to the hospital as his father was dying and as such, he killed a loved one or a friend, will you resent him? He might not necessarily be speeding but his state of mind might caused him to pay less attention to the road. Objectively speaking, his emotions and state of mind are understandable and we know that he has no 'intention' of killing, but the accident could have been avoided if say, he had chosen to take a taxi instead if he could have thought more clearly then. Just like the incident could have been avoided if Himiko had not brought them there if she had been more prudent, so even if Himiko was not the perpetrator, she could not be completely free from guilt.

Also, as it stands, the girls did not yet know with 100% certainty that Himiko would really disappear forever. If they knew that, there's a possibility that they might not have done what they had done.

BoT, episode 6 is one of the parts where I really started liking the protagonist with his heroiccs. Though I'm surprised he could carried Himiko for so long. Come to think of it, I'm wondering how they are going to cover what I think they are going to cover based on the OP characters given that there are only 6 episodes left.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:41   Link #403
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Tairo-san continues to confuse me. I keep thinking he's not what he seems to be, with him stealing gems from all the dead bodies they've come across while Sakamoto was always conveniently too busy to see.

But, he's had a pretty good chance this episode to show his true colors, and he didn't.

Unless he's waiting for Sakamoto's gem to be the eighth one he gets? I guess I still think Tairo is a baddy.

End of this episode finally brought up the very obvious chink in this bomb-based battle royale: what's stopping someone from using other methods of killing people?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:31   Link #404
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Honestly, i would also have been pretty pissed at himiko for not waking up in a critical situation.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:29   Link #405
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.6
so now being hunted by giant lizard til bite on taira's leg then got lost then homer-bomb of taira rescue & gas bomb toss by ryouta send them away.

but now taira leg is got him ill, question & trust asking on see if himiko is ok to get along, with that evil-host is watching seeing collect data on it.

& now being target by a http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs43/f/20...vashperado.jpg ralf lookalike?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:45   Link #406
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

After seeing the preview pictures for ep 7-10 I know exactly where this is going to end. I really wished they hadn't rushed one of my favorite parts from the manga. Hopefully madhouse can get a better team for the sequel
Old 2012-11-09, 08:22   Link #407
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Can you tell me where did you see them?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 08:36   Link #408
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

It's in btoooms main site in the story section and scroll down
www.btooom.com
Old 2012-11-09, 09:19   Link #409
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm really liking the protagonist. He's a nice guy without being too naive. He distrusts those around him and you can't blame him when he's in that kind of situation. Trusting the wrong person can lead to your death. A lot of MCs would have trusted Himiko simply because she is a pretty girl, and I was pleasantly surprised he didn't. Both Himiko and Sakamoto will need to learn the other's trust.

I'm still not sure what to think of Taira. One moment he acts like a rat (stealing chips while Sakamoto isn't looking), and the other like a bro. Which is his true character? Probably a bit of both, I think. He won't stab Sakamoto in the back, but if he won't pass on the opportunity to collect enough chip to get out of here if he can.
Old 2012-11-09, 10:00   Link #410
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Damn, the slightest doubt in this anime on suddenly you're insane and lose all hope Taira and Ryouta need to chill out, it looks like no one is leaving anyone Well, at least they're on the same side when it comes to suspecting Himiko. I was expecting something to happen like Taira taking Himiko's side during the interrogation because she's a beautiful girl, i'm glad it didn't go that way

I was wondering if that lizard that bit Taira was poisonous or not, he did get a fever a little while after but was that because the lizard was poisonous or for some other reason?
Old 2012-11-09, 12:31   Link #411
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post

I was wondering if that lizard that bit Taira was poisonous or not, he did get a fever a little while after but was that because the lizard was poisonous or for some other reason?
Those lizards are Komodo Dragons.

They are not poisonous, but in their saliva there's so much virulent bacteria any animal or person bitten by them will become very sick and unable to move in few hours. That's how any prey they atacked will be devoured later even if escaped the first time.

Taira is about to have a very bad day...
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 13:34   Link #412
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
After seeing the preview pictures for ep 7-10 I know exactly where this is going to end. I really wished they hadn't rushed one of my favorite parts from the manga. Hopefully madhouse can get a better team for the sequel
Aha, yes, it's pretty obvious. I did consider it myself and couldn't see any other good ending spot, but it seemed like too far as it means the pace will pick up by 50% compared to the previous episodes. This also means that the anime will have used up pretty much all of the current chapters so we wont see a second season any time soon. Well, a year from now maybe.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 14:03   Link #413
ookamigirl

Those komodo dragons gave them trouble.
Now they even have that girl with them as well.
Since Taira got bitten the dragons wouldn't back off.
It was nice how Taira didn't disappoint when they got separated for a short while.
The effects of the toxins from komodo bite were painful.
That girl is pretty interesting.
I think those three will stay together for a while.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 15:15   Link #414
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
It's in btoooms main site in the story section and scroll down
www.btooom.com
Though I know about this section and it still have only the first 6 eps... after looking at the news section it looks like they've added this information but then removed it for some reason
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 18:04   Link #415
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Like what Myssa Rei said, it would probably be more of anger + resentment.
I feel there are 2 parts to it:
1. Firstly the negative emotions of the victims of such a huge incident will still remain for a while even after the incident and the guys were caught. And they needed an outlet for it. This is pretty much an inherent nature for most humans. So it's pretty understandable, like what frivolity said. It's just like after having an angry conversation with someone on the phone or an argument with a friend or family, the next person who comes into your path within minutes will bear the brunt of what remains of your anger. Of course this is way more serious than that and the remaining negative emotions needed an outlet and Himiko became that, and it's easy to target Himiko because of (2).

2. Like it or not, even if Himiko is really 'innocent' because she has no evil intentions, it is in fact her actions that had indirectly led to their misfortune, which will cause them to resent her. Even without the intention, especially if her actions are something that are within her control and can be avoided (compare manslaughter caused by someone who's talking on the phone while driving vs manslaughter due to car fault that leads to it going out of control; she could have chosen not to bring her friends there), thus she cannot be completely free from the responsibility of causing the incident, even if she's merely the catalyst and might have played only a small part objectively speaking. Perhaps, over the years, when time has healed their wounds, it might be possible to forgive her, but definitely not in the short term. Imagine this: if a car driver was rushing to the hospital as his father was dying and as such, he killed a loved one or a friend, will you resent him? He might not necessarily be speeding but his state of mind might caused him to pay less attention to the road. Objectively speaking, his emotions and state of mind are understandable and we know that he has no 'intention' of killing, but the accident could have been avoided if say, he had chosen to take a taxi instead if he could have thought more clearly then. Just like the incident could have been avoided if Himiko had not brought them there if she had been more prudent, so even if Himiko was not the perpetrator, she could not be completely free from guilt.

Also, as it stands, the girls did not yet know with 100% certainty that Himiko would really disappear forever. If they knew that, there's a possibility that they might not have done what they had done.

BoT, episode 6 is one of the parts where I really started liking the protagonist with his heroiccs. Though I'm surprised he could carried Himiko for so long. Come to think of it, I'm wondering how they are going to cover what I think they are going to cover based on the OP characters given that there are only 6 episodes left.
Hm... Let me just put it this way. If I got mauled by a tiger yet miraculously survive but become permanently disabled, and my friend just ran away, even though there's nothing he could've done to help and probably would've gotten hurt in the process, chances are, I'd still be angry. Looking for someone to blame your misfortune on is something people do. I would not, however, grab a knife and keep stabbing my former friend until there is no blood left inside him.

The part that I can never understand and will never accept is that this event apparently made them hate her enough to want her dead.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 19:46   Link #416
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
The part that I can never understand and will never accept is that this event apparently made them hate her enough to want her dead.
Depends on the person. Some react more sensitive and will build up enough anger to wish death on someone. Actually, wishing for somoene's death is really common, it's nothing strange. And remember that they didn't exactly tell her to die, only to disappear. Who could have known that piece of paper was meant to send people to a merciless death game?
Old 2012-11-10, 00:34   Link #417
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Excrement happens, dude.
Old 2012-11-10, 00:45   Link #418
chancs

Thought the initial chapters from the manga were not interesting, the anime is very good. It raised my interest in this series again. Reading manga after 6 eps
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 08:35   Link #419
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Thought the initial chapters from the manga were not interesting, the anime is very good. It raised my interest in this series again. Reading manga after 6 eps
Probably because there's no Himiko initially
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 09:17   Link #420
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Probably because there's no Himiko initially
Hi Larethian. Hope your holiday was nice.

Himiko should just really confess not knowing when Sakamoto may go *boom (that's not possible or else we will reach to an end ) Those lizards are darker in the manga.

Nasty creatures
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen