AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-02, 07:22   Link #221
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Makes me wonder why doesn't Haruhi's subconscious powers affect Kyon instantly and make him fall for Haruhi instantly Or maybe Yuki is concentrating on cancelling any such small effect on Kyon, so he remains relatively unaffected.
Spoiler for novel spoilers, weight 200kg:
Old 2006-06-02, 08:12   Link #222
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Spoiler for novel spoilers, weight 200kg:
.... I still don't see what's the point of you spoiling the ENTIRE story, including what isn't even in the first season.

Why do you even bother? npal didn't ask for a summary.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-06-02 at 08:29.
Old 2006-06-02, 08:48   Link #223
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, it was in spoiler tags though.

Oh well, KyonxMikuru FTW. But, as we all know, when someone's name is in the anime title, no matter how many better choices there are, she gets the guy in the end
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-02, 09:22   Link #224
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hey, we can't be so sure lol. The way this story progresses and how events take place, anything can happen and nothing can be predicted. Haruhi may not end up with Kyon, I'm prepared to take such shocks lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-02, 09:25   Link #225
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Well, it was in spoiler tags though.

Oh well, KyonxMikuru FTW. But, as we all know, when someone's name is in the anime title, no matter how many better choices there are, she gets the guy in the end
Spoiler:
Though Kyon is not the only guy in the series...
Go Itsuki!
Old 2006-06-02, 09:31   Link #226
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Nah Itsuki won't end up with any of the girls, the smallest chance possible would be ending up with Kyon lol

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-06-02 at 09:42.
Old 2006-06-02, 09:37   Link #227
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Hey, we can't be so sure lol. The way this story progresses and how events take place, anything can happen and nothing can be predicted. Haruhi may not end up with Kyon, I'm prepared to take such shocks lol
For a KyonXYuki fan that i am. Theres a subtle sensation of being laughed at, i wonder y. Nevertheless, i am in line with your opinion.
Old 2006-06-02, 09:42   Link #228
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, Itsuki should hook up with Yuki, he's got sort of a laid back, calm, budha-like attitude, while Yuki's the silent, constantly-reading type... Their auras join naturally
Old 2006-06-02, 09:54   Link #229
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

Quote:
Well, Itsuki should hook up with Yuki, he's got sort of a laid back, calm, budha-like attitude, while Yuki's the silent, constantly-reading type... Their auras join naturally
This means war! .. oh, not really

Actually Itsuki could associate better with satan's incarnation, for he constantly emits ulterior motives behind a million dollar cold smile.
Old 2006-06-02, 10:03   Link #230
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, they're both carefully processing information without apparent signs You can't tell what Itsuki is up to as you can't tell what Yuki's up to. They are hard to read.
Old 2006-06-02, 11:10   Link #231
PastPrime

Quote:
Well, they're both carefully processing information without apparent signs You can't tell what Itsuki is up to as you can't tell what Yuki's up to. They are hard to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessNites
For a KyonXYuki fan that i am. Theres a subtle sensation of being laughed at, i wonder y. Nevertheless, i am in line with your opinion.
But Kyon can spot the slightest hints of emotion in Yuki. And he already said (or rather thought) that he would like to see what she looked like in a bunny suit. I think that a KyonxYuki ending would be possible.

I think that Mikuru was sent to observe bacause of the affect that she would have on Kyon and not the affect she would have on Haruhi. I can't help but wonder if Yuki might not have been designed to observe Haruhi and interact with Kyon. And, unlike KyonxMikuru, there would be nothing illegal about KyonxYuki, unless it was the fact that she is, chronologically at least, below the age of consent.
Old 2006-06-02, 11:13   Link #232
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh, the age of consent can't apply to a non-human entity you know For all we know, data entities could be legal in 1 year

I didn't say KyonxYuki wasn't possible, I just thought she fits better with Itsuki
Old 2006-06-02, 13:34   Link #233
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm talking about what the SOS dan members are thinking, I wonder what does Mikuru think of the SOS dan.

This episode we've seen Mikuru changing through 6/7 costumes and she seems fine and even looks happy lol. She gave a 'V' after changing into the nurse costume, is that a 'Victory V' I hear?

Did she really took notes from Mori(the maid)? Did she work so hard as a maid and mascot of SOS dan to please Haruhi or maybe Kyon? Or is she enjoying herself actually?

lol lots of questions here, its my way of starting up discussions

Old 2006-06-02, 13:42   Link #234
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, probably please Haruhi and Kyon equally I mean, she's there to observe Haruhi, she has her orders, so, she keeps Haruhi occupied. Of course, when Kyon approves, all the more for Mikuru to try her best But it's for Haruhi most of the time really. Unless she's in the maid outfit, when she can attend to the other SOS members, so she can interact with Kyon a bit more. Although apparently Kyon's occupied with Itsuki and his board games Probably.
Old 2006-06-02, 15:38   Link #235
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One thing this series does well is display just how different people can perceive the same events quite differently (even within the show -- the espers, aliens, and timetravelers all have quite different interpretations of what is going on).
And NO, I don't want any fscking novel spoilers even if they're in tags!!! Got it??

The following are just my interpretations at the moment and I'm sure they'll adapt as new data arrives...
The latest episode shows us that Mikuru has a better understanding of Haruhi and is actually enjoying "playtime" (her protestations are muted and the grin and V signs are not forced).
The computer bug episode led me to think that Itsuki and Yuki might hit it off well as a team. He seems to approach her quite gently and not because he's afraid of her (unlike Mikuru who seems positively terrified of Yuki half the time).
Mikuru seems to wish for more with Kyon but some invisible stricture appears to make it just an impossible wish. I wonder if that will be revealed before the season ender?
I find the reactions to Koizumi by the viewers here quite fascinating. There's the "Happy Bodhisvatta" camp that thinks he just radiates tranquility with "what is" and there's the "completely insincere manipulator" (thats not quite it but "Beware of Koizumi") camp.
Episode 9 reminds me of episode 1 in that it is a "test" for the viewers. They either get it or they don't get it. Over in "another" forum, there's a fair amount of "don't get it" (one of the many reasons I play here mostly anymore). I'll say its not necessarily because of any inherent stupidity as much as a lack of experience with this sort of literary or filmmaking technique. The second mystery island episode used interesting techniques that, again, reminded me of innovations by Orson Welles, Hitchcock, or Bergman in the art of filmmaking as well.

And obviously, I'm kind of dangling for the next episode in a way I haven't been for a series in the last year or so...
Old 2006-06-02, 17:32   Link #236
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

There's no need to swear Vexx...just ignore the spoiler tags if you don't want them--if you enter the forum as guests you can't see spoiler tags.
Old 2006-06-02, 17:53   Link #237
Shikoto

Oooh i only just realised...I have the same phone as Haruhi O_O
That phone is unmistakeably the Motorola ROKR E1 XD
Old 2006-06-02, 19:17   Link #238
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
There's no need to swear Vexx...just ignore the spoiler tags if you don't want them--if you enter the forum as guests you can't see spoiler tags.
Actually, that's not the case as seen here:

I do understand your enthusiasm for sharing some knowledge you know with the rest of us, but spoiler buttons aren't really good deterrents to start out with. Usually, small spoilers are a good way to keep on track with what the producers are thinking but huge spoilers tend to destroy any discussion to be had. So could you keep the mega-ton spoilers out of the episode discussions please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikoto
Oooh i only just realised...I have the same phone as Haruhi O_O
That phone is unmistakeably the Motorola ROKR E1 XD
Close! but not quite

Motorola Rokr
http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/image..._img_29790.jpg

Haruhi's phone
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/488...ap215608zc.png
But they're really similar!
Old 2006-06-02, 19:25   Link #239
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Mikuru seems to wish for more with Kyon but some invisible stricture appears to make it just an impossible wish. I wonder if that will be revealed before the season ender?
If the series is going to be like the novel? Likely in the next two episodes.
(my bet is on the second-last episode.)

After all, the final episode to be screened isn't likely to be about anyone but Haruhi herself.
Old 2006-06-02, 20:50   Link #240
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I believe in spoilers. Say whatever you like in a spoiler, but never, never, never put spoilers from the novel out where us unwashed can see them. I'm happy with that.

2. Yuki will be reabsorbed into the data entity when no longer required. Mikuru will probably have to go back to the future -- especially if she's Kyon's granddaughter or great-niece or something. That leaves KyonxGod (i.e., Haruhi).

3. I don't like Itsuki, but he's at least interesting. His shameless pandering, helping Haruhi molest Mikuru, surprised me -- but it shouldn't have. He has a job to do and he's doing it: keeping Haruhi from getting bored.

4. I didn't see Mikuru exactly enjoying the cosplay. She just accepted what had to be. The V sign is just what you do when you're in that situation. She's just playing her role. I think.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread