AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-11-30, 17:35   Link #81
ThoHell

The Great Sage Frog said nothing about the destine child having Rinnegan, but he did say you will be "their" teacher. Their = more than one person. Man I knew Jaraiya was a powerful and influential ninja, but he just got so much greater with the recent chapters. He seems to have been holding out a lot and not displaying his strength.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 17:38   Link #82
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Nah Naruto can't be the destined child cos the frog thing mentioned the rinnegan unless some freak accident happens with the kyuubi chakra leaking into Naruto's eyes and giving him rinnegan which i seriously doubt.
Naruto can and most probably will be the destined child. The elder toad didn't mention any specifics about the destined child (it was ma/pa frog's assumption), other than him/her being Jiraiya's student and causing a huge mess or being a saviour. Pein is just one of the possibilities, just like Yondaime's kid with Kyuubi inside of him being another. The important thing right now is whether Jiraiya is ready for his choice. And, what will it be?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 17:46   Link #83
Naotaka
Sensei

I can just see it now, 50 manga chapters later or however many. Naruto & Pain are fighting, Naruto kills Pain but looses his eye sight in the battle. Sakura takes Pain's eyes & puts them into Naruto since Pain no longer needs them, and Naruto is blind. Naruto then ulitimatly becomes the greatest Hokage ever, Konoha has all of the 3 great eye techniques, and brings peace about the ninja nations.....

Plus just thinking about Naruto making a 1000 shadow cloans, all with the Rin'engan is scary as hell.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 17:56   Link #84
Slayerx

Just read that chapter...
Tobi's dialouge gave me a bit of a laugh; the good ol' goof ball akatsuki member we all know and love... and then... i remembered he's really a the mastermind behind the whole damn thing... that gave me a heavy sigh.

My love for Tobi has seriously waned since the whole Madara connection was reveiled
I think being an evil mastermind took away that lil' something i loved so much about tobi... i might be able to look pass him being a badass, but not the evil mastermind part

Also... didn't they said they would be sending Pain next to capture Naruto... Did Tobi make a change of plans, or did he just feel like killing some time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHel
The Great Sage Frog said nothing about the destine child having Rinnegan, but he did say you will be "their" teacher. Their = more than one person. Man I knew Jaraiya was a powerful and influential ninja, but he just got so much greater with the recent chapters. He seems to have been holding out a lot and not displaying his strength.
A good point, the great sage never said anything about the Six way eyes... Jiriaya and the toads just may have jumped to the conclusion that Nagato was the destined child because he had such rare eyes

However, i don't think "their" nessasairly means more then one... i think it is proper grammar to use "their" when you are not being specific about gender... it can be used as the non-gender specific version of a "his" or "her"... if the great sage did not know the gender of the destined child he would use the term "their" instead of "his" or "her"... if he really meant that their would be more than one child he would have used the term "children"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Naruto can and most probably will be the destined child. The elder toad didn't mention any specifics about the destined child (it was ma/pa frog's assumption), other than him/her being Jiraiya's student and causing a huge mess or being a saviour. Pein is just one of the possibilities, just like Yondaime's kid with Kyuubi inside of him being another. The important thing right now is whether Jiraiya is ready for his choice. And, what will it be?
Y'know considering not even Jiriaya knows what that important choice is, it could be that he has already made the choice without realizing it... like say, the toad key he sent before he went to fight Pain... His choice to send that Key could have been the crucial choice

Grant it, if Naruto really is the true chosen child, then i think Jiriaya will make the realization before he dies... though i'm not sure how he would come to that realization in his current situation as i do think he is not gonna survive this battle... Perhaps Jiarya will live, but only long enough to crawl back to kohonha and die on the way and have somekind of revelation then

It makes sense that Naruto would be the destined child... afterall, if the great sage is never wrong, then that means the world is screwed if Pain is the destined child... though if Naruto is the destined child then the world has hope left... ofcourse, if Pain is the destined child, the the story can be going the "overcome destiny" angle where Naruto will actually have to prove the great sage wrong

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-11-30 at 18:23.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:07   Link #85
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Just read that chapter...
Tobi's dialouge gave me a bit of a laugh; the good ol' goof ball akatsuki member we all know and love... and then... i remembered he's really a the mastermind behind the whole damn thing... that gave me a heavy sigh.

My love for Tobi has seriously waned since the whole Madara connection was reveiled

A good point, the great sage never said anything about the Six way eyes... Jiriaya and the toads just may have jumped to the conclusion that Nagato was the destined child because he had such rare eyes

However, i don't think "their" nessasairly means more then one... i think it is proper grammar to use "their" when you are not being specific about gender... it can be used as the non-gender specific version of a "his" or "her"... if the great sage did not know the gender of the destined child he would use the term "their" instead of "his" or "her"... if he really meant that their would be more than one child he would have used the term "children"
It was really left up in the air for the mind to do some self exploration. The sage could of said it because he didn't know the gender or it really is more than one. The sage just gave a beading little eye look when saying it. We'll soon find out.........NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:15   Link #86
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i think it is proper grammar to use "their" when you are not being specific about gender... it can be used as the non-gender specific version of a "his" or "her"... if the great sage did not know the gender of the destined child he would use the term "their" instead of "his" or "her"... if he really meant that their would be more than one child he would have used the term "children"
Yeah, the translators on MH confirmed that they used their to avoid being gender specific and because they didn't know if there was one or more chosen one.

The fact the frogs were surprised about a second child of the prophecy after hearing about Yahiko hints that there is only one child of prophecy to me. It's not a big news Jiraiya had more than one student (Naruto has already summoned some frogs, including Bunta, so he must be known as Jiraiya's student by most of the high ranked frogs), so there should not be any suprise in having another child of prophecy.
In fact, should there have been more than one child of prophecy, they would have already mentionned Naruto because he would have automatically made the list as Pein's antagonist and Jiraiya and the hermits would not be looking for the one, but for one of the ones
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:20   Link #87
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
Naruto seams to have gotten stronger. It's just that he acted very quick and succeded in making a Rasengan with one arm(I didn't see any smoke, so no shadow clone).
Also attacking with a clone is much safer than in person, i mean Sasuke tried to cut Tobi in two, but who knows what could Tobi do against Sasuke if he wanted to, while in Naruto's case Tobi could kill the kagebunshin and thus reveal some of his secrets to Naruto without any danger. Just like against Kakuzu. This way Naruto can make his idiotic attacks without being killed, in fact the stupid attack is now really a smart move, analyzing the enemy And after his kagebunshin is killed the real Naruto may say "how stupid i am! charging in without thinking, this is pathetic! but, who cares this is my way of ninja "

It seems that Naruto did a proper one hand rasengan with a clone, finally seems to make it right.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:55   Link #88
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Considering that the story will not end with destruction, even if you consider Pein being the destined child, you also expect him to be stopped at the end, failing to meet the requirements of his destiny. And, the only alive possible person capable of achieving the requirements of the destiny will be Naruto, as being the last remained student of Jiraiya (excluding Konan, cause she seems to be just an extra). In other words, if Naruto just happens to be the one to stop him, then he will replace Pein as the destined child. I would have preferred Yondaime being called that person, and, maybe indirectly you can consider that because of his fate and choices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The fact the frogs were surprised about a second child of the prophecy after hearing about Yahiko hints that there is only one child of prophecy to me.
This is getting more and more Potterish. Anyway, I guess you can presume the path to achieve the result indicated in the prophecy as part of the destined child. Maybe, the choice Jiraiya has will be related to his selection of the destined child. Right now, both Pein and Naruto and capable of achieving that destiny. But, the choice Jiraiya makes will favor one or the other, by giving them the necessary weapon to achieve their destiny. As mentioned earlier, the key Jiraiya let go might be one of those.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 19:16   Link #89
Ero-Senn1n

If Naruto or someone else defeats Pein with a non-destructive jutsu his soul may fall apart to individual souls, maybe Yahiko's or Nagato's soul emerges. I wonder if Jiraiya used the death god and started to pull out Pein's soul would it fall to parts. Similarly like Number 17 falling out of Cell, but instead of the body the soul falls apart. Then for example Yahiko's or Nagato's soul after falling out will have a big backflash, where he tells what happened to them, how they met Madara, etc.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 21:06   Link #90
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

MAN! With out a doubt one of the best chapters ever! Cant wait for next week!
Old 2007-11-30, 22:47   Link #91
Irkalla
I asked for this

The ending was really drawn great! Itachi sitting on that "throne", can't wait for more!
Old 2007-12-01, 00:17   Link #92
MrRamen_

Wow.
Naruto threw a one handed Rasengan !
Oh yeah. How is that biches?!!!

MrRamen_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 00:29   Link #93
eLstar
(^_^)v

I have to agree with Itachi and the throne. That was of the awesomeness.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 00:35   Link #94
Lunarskylar

lol tobi's reaction was even great

arghgagggahhhggag...... not

LMFAO

next chapter

TobI; *activates sharigan*

Kakashi: * ahh my eye, it burnnnnn*

Tobi: oh, so that's where this bitch's other eye is, GIMME GIMME GIMME!
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 00:39   Link #95
MrRamen_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
lol tobi's reaction was even great

arghgagggahhhggag...... not

LMFAO

next chapter

TobI; *activates sharigan*

Kakashi: * ahh my eye, it burnnnnn*

Tobi: oh, so that's where this bitch's other eye is, GIMME GIMME GIMME!
This one had me cracking. Real nasty!

Old 2007-12-01, 00:41   Link #96
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
we dont know how naruto made the Rasengan, dont jump to conclusions that it was one handed, because when he needs a clone to do it next time, you all are going to say he was downgraded.

its best to assume he needed a clone to do it and wait for proof.
Old 2007-12-01, 00:52   Link #97
MrRamen_

He did actually make one.

I won't fret about how he's "downgraded" if he does a clone assisted Rasengan.

One can't do the same thing over and over so perfectly. I have seen Allen Iverson fumble his crossovers too.

Peace yo, D-O double G
Old 2007-12-01, 02:05   Link #98
vision55

I really don't know why everyone is getting all crazy about who the sage was talking about. The chosen one is Naruto, end of story.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 03:49   Link #99
minato uzumaki

yeah i think naruto is the destined child in the story i'm sure of it
remember that naruto can also be the cause of destruction since the power of kyuubi lies in him but he can also be the world's last hope against pein
minato uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 03:56   Link #100
myopius

Why is Naruto so good all of a sudden? It was always fantastic, but for the first time in reading a shounen I think I may be able to afford to not have low expectations with how a series will turn out. I love it.