AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 21:22   Link #21
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I'm addicted to the OP theme. I've been listening to it all day!
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 21:40   Link #22
Falkor

I have been listening the opening song early today... the full version is easily one of my favorites for this fall season...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 22:01   Link #23
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Yeah finally got the full version of the OP and the beat and the lyrics are just one of those songs you'll keep listening to over and over again.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 22:48   Link #24
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I'm addicted to the OP theme. I've been listening to it all day!
Same here, this is going on repeat right now! I was mesmerized even listening to the TV size rip.

Dare I predict some remix CDs forthcoming?

@teelotes: Ah, nice. That explains Nagi's oufit on the CD cover, and even the song title.
QBnoYouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 00:04   Link #25
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

yay @ full OP single
also <3 the PV too, haruka is adorable
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 00:08   Link #26
Oxtail

Considering how fast they got it up, it's pretty good. Full OP with scenes from the series.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 01:25   Link #27
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
yay @ full OP single
also <3 the PV too, haruka is adorable
you are right she is cute, i just love her more on the scene w/ lyrics mada mada jimi da ne! nakami mo jimi da ne! hara hara jibun dake no yume o miru yori issho ni odorou yo

and can't wait for my copy to arrived, this season's anime has been very good.

edited

Last edited by P.G.; 2008-10-29 at 04:07.
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:14   Link #28
Gains
Rain lover

So many praises for the OP and ED I can't add more.

I really love the music played after the licking scene. Made me feel like I'm the one being licked lol.
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 11:20   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The OP broke into the charts today at #12. Not as high as I expected (thinking back to Lucky Star), but pretty good for a newcomer and a show that is just beginning to catch on.

As for the PV, I think the song is fun, Tomatsu-san is extremely attractive, and the PV is visually really bad: nice colors, but poor writing, choreography and acting.

I did notice that one of the books on the bed was the English edition of Sophie's World, that great little popular history of philosophy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-29 at 12:32.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 19:11   Link #30
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

here's the pv, if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1vHW...to-hade-ni-ne/

I love when she blends the food, and that's alot of food in her house.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 23:08   Link #31
Falkor

nice PV… Tomatsu Haruka is a very good looking girl… gotta love her casual hair style (and yeah, nice legs…)

do you usually mix fruit and milk in a juice? last time was tried, it sent my sister multiple times to the bathroom... --no need to guess the number-- it really did upset her stomach... (talking here in reference to the PV...)
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 23:53   Link #32
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBnoYouko View Post
Same here, this is going on repeat right now! I was mesmerized even listening to the TV size rip.

Dare I predict some remix CDs forthcoming?
CDs? How about the Vocaloid versions?

Spoiler for Kannagi OP on the piano:
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 03:15   Link #33
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Finally got around to posting my review of the OP theme. For those of you who don't want to read through the massive wall of text, let's just say that I've never had so much fun listening to generic J-pop before. The music in general is fairly generic, but the undue influence of the OP sequence as well as Nagi's character was what did it for me.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 04:54   Link #34
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Woot! OP is now released!

And here's the PV =( it sucks though xD
They should made Haruka do the same dance though.
my first impression about the PV; "EEEHH?!!"

seriously, what's with the theme "let's show Haruka-chan's cute side! more! more I say!" there's no mistaking Haruka Tomatsu is cute w/o her needing to act cute.. i can't see a link between it's song and pv.

the PV and song just doesn't fit what i had in mind

there's no doubt the song is fantabulous, but i have to say, it's PV is too lame for me.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 06:50   Link #35
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Well... I really like the PV.

Is it that common for anime songs to get PVs if they're not released by a separate artist? Songs like Hare Hare Yukai or anything that was performed by the seiyuu didn't get PVs, I think.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 14:42   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

gah..... everytime I watch a PV or music video from Japan, I feel like I've fallen into the very early MTV videos of the early 1980s. Goofy things that often had nothing to do with the lyrics.....
Old 2008-10-30, 20:03   Link #37
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
CDs? How about the Vocaloid versions?
Somehow I predict dance parodies on YouTube and stuff. Oh yeah, and maybe it'll be slapped into the next Nico Nico medley. For now, watch out for Nagi and Zange doing Caramelldansen.

Though seriously, I do think this would be great for remixes and mash ups.
QBnoYouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 04:00   Link #38
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2

This wins hard.
Old 2008-11-03, 04:06   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
gah..... everytime I watch a PV or music video from Japan, I feel like I've fallen into the very early MTV videos of the early 1980s. Goofy things that often had nothing to do with the lyrics.....
It would need more fidgety background colours, confusing camera angles, really awkward looking special effects and wipes, and people pretending to rock out in a sound studio. These would be more of the standard for an 80's music video.

Oh and don't forget bad hair and no fashion sense.

Anyway, not surprised that this one only broke in at #12 or whatever seeing as it's probably the least gimmicky and most listenable arrangement thus far from the dance guy. Well as lacking in gimmickery as this guy's works can possibly get...... If there's anything I've learned it's that anime singles sell in Japan in an inverse proportion to how likely I am to ever actually listen to them more then once.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 10:13   Link #40
Itlandm
Porcupine

I think highly of the ending song (and its associated video sequence too). I am a God-fearing man myself, and although I am not a polytheist, I immediately sensed the genuine reverence of the song. I played it over again several times, and have done so in the later episodes too. It is amazing to find such a spiritual gem in such an unlikely place. (The anime itself does not strike me as reverent, at least by Christian standards, though the Japanese seem to have a more relaxed relationship with their gods.)

So... does anyone know if this song is patterned after real Japanese devotional music? And could anyone possibly recommend a way to find similar songs, if there are?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote