AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-14, 15:24   Link #621
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Why do you say that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Maybe it's the fact that the only actor listed is Aya Hirano... or maybe something else entirely I'm missing as well.
My statement served two purposes: 1. It references a commonly said line in the episodes (and wordplay is a pleasure to perform) and 2. A realization that this release date would give Bandai just over two months from the end of dubbing to get the discs physically made in addition to shipping to distributors and from distributors to their stores (both online and offline). With their past history of delays and the necessity of this series to sell well, the odds are against them.

Granted, they could have delayed work on other releases to quicken the process of this release to get it out while people still have news about the movie fresh in their memory. I would appreciate the release on that date, but until August 17th comes and the set is in someone's hands, there will be doubt of release on this date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer Rumi-chan View Post
I'm still skeptical about Vee voicing Haruhi until I hear it but I wonder more about Nagato.
The English voice of Haruhi will still be Wendee Lee. Cristina Vee is serving in the same role that Patricia Lee served in 2007: Haruhi in the ASOS Brigade shorts.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-06-14, 15:34   Link #622
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
A realization that this release date would give Bandai just over two months from the end of dubbing to get the discs physically made in addition to shipping to distributors and from distributors to their stores (both online and offline). With their past history of delays and the necessity of this series to sell well, the odds are against them.
Bear in mind the link you supplied was from Amazon. As far as I'm aware this isn't an official announcement from Bandai (at least I haven't seen anything on ANN or AoD (or Mania as it is called now)). Amazon is known for posting unconfirmed released dates in the past so this may be just another slip-up.
Old 2010-06-14, 17:52   Link #623
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
So, just to be clear, is that for the dub box set of Haruhi 2009? If so, that's a very good deal for a season box set, and you can sign me up!

If so, though, I also find it odd that Aya Hirano is the only voice actor listed.
Old 2010-06-14, 18:23   Link #624
Dr. Casey

Hey, Triple's back. The one year anniversary of Endless Eight Part I is coming up on Saturday, you should throw a party to honor the beginning of those special times.
Old 2010-06-15, 00:58   Link #625
s07195
However,

It's been one year already?
Old 2010-06-15, 09:13   Link #626
OkamiNoKaze

Not really, The Amazon listing for the complete set for Lucky star only has the Japanese cast listed but it's dubbed and subbed.
Old 2010-06-15, 17:41   Link #627
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hey, Triple's back. The one year anniversary of Endless Eight Part I is coming up on Saturday, you should throw a party to honor the beginning of those special times.
lol. Maybe I'll write a blog entry celebrating the one year anniversary of the endless recursion of time.

Thanks for the welcome!

Anyway, even as big a critic of Endless Eight as I was, I still think that the Haruhi boxset is going to sell great at that price (Sigh alone is worth that price, arguably). Which is good, since a lot more than just Haruhi is riding on it from what I've read...
Old 2010-06-19, 14:54   Link #628
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The ASOS Brigade posted some of the details about the Season 2 set on their Facebook page.

It is $64.98 retail price and will contain 4 DVDs and 1 CD. Release date is still 08/17/10. The DVDs will be both subbed and dubbed with the usual interactive menus. They have included:
CMs (You'll really enjoying watching these )
Location Scouting videos (which are really nice to see how accurate Kyoto Animation was)
Behind the Scenes of Aya Hirano's Music Video (for Super Driver. Side note: the music video footage stops after the fourth segment)
The Endless Eight Prologue (which was on the 5.285714 limited edition disc and is three still images with Kyon narrating the prologue from novel 5)
Special Event video (not 100% sure on this)
and the Adventures of the ASOS Brigade episodes on the DVDs.

On the CD will be Super Driver and Tomare! No details on whether the non-vocal tracks will be included.

The bonus features are really nice to get a good view of Nishinomiya (the city where Tanigawa-sensei is from and the basis for the animation) and to see the progression of Hirano's song from the PV to the release day. I've already pre-ordered my copy (regardless of the fact that I have the R2s) and I'd say it's still worth it. Amazon.com will guarantee that the set will get to you on release day (if you live in the continental United States) for $50.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-06-19, 15:06   Link #629
Mungo0

Any news for the UK release though? If not, I suppose I'll get the American version...
Old 2010-06-20, 02:01   Link #630
TakariCritic

From Kyon's Twitter:

No rest for the wicked. Back at Bang Zoom working on Haruhi-chan! Time for more Kyon-ing…
6:29 PM Jun 17th via Twitterrific

Apparenly we're getting a Haruhi-chan dub as well! I know people always say that subs are best, but I, for one, really enjoy the Dub of the Haruhi series and am very anxious to hear how it turns out.
Old 2010-06-20, 15:10   Link #631
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
45 USD before shipping for the whole of S2? That does sound like a good deal. Depending on whether you count Endless Eight of course.
Old 2010-06-21, 07:17   Link #632
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
45 USD before shipping for the whole of S2? That does sound like a good deal. Depending on whether you count Endless Eight of course.
If you don't care to count Endless Eight, here are a few couple of ways to still justify the $60 $45 price tag:

- Pretend you're paying extra for the music CD!
- Pretend you're paying for a limited-edition Haruhi Suzumiya beverage coaster!
- Pretend that you have to pay for the "bonus" features!
- Pretend you're paying for super-deluxe shipping . . . they've added extra packing material in the form of a spare DVD!
- Pretend you're cool by being an early-adopter of the next greatest thing in anime!
- Pretend that you are a man/woman/child of Anime JesusGod(dess) and that the extra money you're paying is your tithe to the Lord GodHaruhi.
- Pretend you're going on the Haruhi Suzumiya Diet. Buy her stuff, and you won't be able to afford to eat as much!
- Pretend you're working for the procurement office of the CIA and you're paying for a super-secret torture device that is being included in every box of Haruhi Suzumiya 2009!

With that being said, I wonder how reliable that drop date is . . . because I'm tempted to pre-order and I'd rather not do it if they're going to kick the date down the road by several months.
Old 2010-07-09, 11:14   Link #633
Ardee

$39 at RightStuf with the same release date listed.
Old 2010-07-11, 23:52   Link #634
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Gah. Any images of box set?

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2010-07-12, 01:18   Link #635
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
It's been one year already?
Time sure as hell flies...

All Glory to the Greentext.
Old 2010-07-12, 01:40   Link #636
Hedd
Random Object

Blu ray or bust....and they need to get rid of that horrid green font on the subs.
Old 2010-07-23, 20:16   Link #637
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

The US S2 box set was moved to September 14th:

http://www.mania.com/haruhi-season-2...le_124249.html
Old 2010-07-23, 22:06   Link #638
TakariCritic

... dangit. And here I was looking forweard to a beautiful dub in a couple weeks. Now I have to wait another whole month! What a shame -_-
Old 2010-07-24, 23:55   Link #639
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Fine by me, I was probably going to have to wait until then to buy my copy anyway.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2010-07-27, 10:59   Link #640
OkamiNoKaze

Although I wonder if Amazon will still keep it at that pre order price until then