Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-06, 13:16   Link #61
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
This is the expanded version, hope it covers all holes:

Cute girls attract both males and females.
Cute girls making out attract both males and females.
Cute girls in mecha attract males, but by also making out they attract the females as well.
Cute boys attract only females.
Cute boys making out repels males.
Those who are gay go for the live-action.
Thus the disparity.

I also like Fushigi Yugi, Harukanaru (just a bit), Ayashi no Ceres (very much) Good plot does tend to equalize things. I'm talking about the ratio of shows being put out and the initial target audience.
I disagree. I know plenty of gay guys who love, say, Gravitation, and plenty of straight guys who find Kyou Kara Maou utterly hilarious. There are also many, many girls who find female homosexuality repellent--I'm not one of them, but women aren't nearly as open-minded as you might think... they're just generally less judgmental than most males seem to be.

Your comment about mecha anime covers exactly one show that I can think of--Kannaduki no Miko. In the past, women have been drawn to mecha shows because of... guess what! The cute boys. Just look at the huge female fanbase for series like Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED and even Soukyuu no Fafner (undertones? what undertones?).

This is a lot more simple than you're making it out to be. Even Marimite is easily recognizable as shoujo, thanks to the fact that it focuses on the characters' feelings for each other rather than on their breasts. I can tell you confidently that the initial target audience of YamiBou, Kannaduki no Miko, Uta~Kata, etc. was most definitely not girls.

@Fellini: That's great news! Thanks!

@dreamless: Those are some awesome screenshots.
Old 2004-11-06, 13:27   Link #62
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I finally watched the RAW! Understand so little, but...yeah, hehe.
I actually prefer the Op to the ED, it has a see-saw feeling (it's not though, is it ;_
Old 2004-11-06, 17:54   Link #63
MartAnimE
willingness to die

YAY I finally watched the raw (thanks to Fellini ) I really liked it, and I was also surprised I could understand so much from the raw, maybe my japanese is improving

Spoiler:

I'm rooting for the sub, I just hope I can get used to the crappy music
Old 2004-11-06, 18:38   Link #64
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
YAY I finally watched the raw (thanks to Fellini ) I really liked it, and I was also surprised I could understand so much from the raw, maybe my japanese is improving

Spoiler:

I'm rooting for the sub, I just hope I can get used to the crappy music
Well, actually
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
I finally watched the RAW! Understand so little, but...yeah, hehe.
I actually prefer the Op to the ED, it has a see-saw feeling (it's not though, is it ;_
After watching the OP for the seventh time or so, I'm already starting to like that song, now that is fast

I love the ED mostly because of the animation, and I love all those different family insignia. So it seems Ludwig's insignia is a eagle, Eduard's is a lion, Naoji's is a coin, Camus' is a... rose? or some kind of plant? Orpherus' is actually a two-headed dragon it seems...

For the OP my favorite scene is Orpherus dueling Ludwig with golden swords
Old 2004-11-06, 19:28   Link #65
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
After watching the OP for the seventh time or so, I'm already starting to like that song, now that is fast
Ahaha, me too! Jeez, I'm such a flip-flopper....

Anyway, thanks for clarifying several points about what actually happened during the episode. From the next ep preview, it seems that
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-06, 19:49   Link #66
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Well, actually
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Thanks for clarifying that for me! You understood a deal more than I did so...
Spoiler:

I'm trying to become "tolerant" with the Opening Theme, but the first 6 seconds of it really bother me...

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-11-06 at 20:07.
Old 2004-11-06, 20:11   Link #67
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
I actually adore the OP theme. Has an Arabic kind of feel, which fits the European mood of this anime. I haven't played the game, but I understand the anime, and am willing to help calrify any questions.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-06, 20:20   Link #68
dreamless

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-06, 20:22   Link #69
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2005-01-04 at 05:08.
Old 2004-11-06, 20:33   Link #70
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-06, 20:48   Link #71
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-06, 21:08   Link #72
heerogf
bishie hunter

Send a message via AIM to heerogf
where did u guys dl the raw??
Old 2004-11-06, 21:12   Link #73
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Himitsu desu.
Old 2004-11-06, 21:36   Link #74
heerogf
bishie hunter

Send a message via AIM to heerogf
LOL, thanks, i found it anyway. Can't wait for the sub to come out.
Old 2004-11-06, 21:48   Link #75
auriya

Torrent for the raw: http://bt1.greedland.net/download.php?btId=112836

The principal looks like a combination of Hagrid and the Cowardly Lion. Hairy beard, effeminate hair.

I love the character designs and animation, but they spent a lot of time talking in this episode so (since I don't know Japanese) most of the plot went over my head. Oh well; there was a swordfight, and that's enough to make me happy.

As for the time being 1935 and something about the approach of war...does that mean WWII? Since the setting is an imaginary island/country, and the show doesn't seem very historically accurate in general, I'm a little worried if they plan to connect it to the real world...
Old 2004-11-06, 21:58   Link #76
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Nope. Not WWII, at least not that I know of. Seems like the major plot is a battle for the highest social class Strahll. Very political anime...

Last edited by clem-kun; 2004-11-07 at 11:05.
Old 2004-11-07, 03:21   Link #77
dreamless

I'm not sure how much this show tries to relate to the real world, it has Naoji coming from Japan and practicing Kendou. I think it will connect to the real world about the same way as the other BeeTrain animes. For example in Madlax, it occurs in Gazth-Sonika and Nafrece, both fictional countries, but supposedly in the real world.
Old 2004-11-07, 22:03   Link #78
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
I actually adore the OP theme. Has an Arabic kind of feel, which fits the European mood of this anime.
Hmm, for me it's kind of a "No Doubt" feel from just before Gwen went hyperpop and they still used a ska backbeat. Without the horn section, though. The end has a slight taste of lounge to it, but it seems more straight-ahead J-Pop. It wasn't quite what I expected, and I'm still not 100% sure about them in the context of this show.

I'm really appreciating the incidental music, though. It blends in pretty well, but it's not just canned background soundtrack. Usually Mashimo has the music in-your-face and an integral part of the foreground. This time, it's a more classic kind of scoring that plays it's role more subtley, yet it still has presence. Quality stuff.

I had blogged some of my initial impressions upon first seeing the raw; now that I've been through it with a better quality raw, I'm going to have to watch it through with all the dialouge and revisit that review. I think I need to say more about how good the colors are, at the very least.
Old 2004-11-08, 07:55   Link #79
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Do you have any informationon on the characters ages? They seem to be in Highschool but they don't look like they're only 17 (the more developed characters I mean), though that's a normal thing in anime then we have Camus and that other "brown haired kid who worships Ludwig" (who is not really a main character since he doesn't appear on the OP )who look much younger... and the other main character Sir Issac is an older guy, definetly not school aged...

Also... I've heard it several times and the OP still sucks imo, not because is j-pop, but because is lame j-pop... maybe I'll like it better once they sub the episode and I understand what the hell are they singing...
Old 2004-11-08, 11:55   Link #80
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

This is probably going to sound a little weird, but has anyone else noticed that Bee Train is particularly good at animating blinking? In both Avenger and Madlax, and now Meine Liebe, the characters' winking, blinking, etc. looks unusually smooth.
Closed Thread