AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 04:52   Link #521
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Think of BETA as organic Rechargable Battery-powered RC robots, then it makes sense.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:23   Link #522
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok! Now that is weird...
Also, does England still keep its throne?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-07-23 at 08:29.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 00:55   Link #523
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, Does anyone having any idea about South America?
Old 2013-07-24, 01:59   Link #524
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

WEll... i do recommend an upgrade to A-10 in increase load and increase in mobility... For example, you can fit <Land Spinner> on its legs so that you can increase its over all maneuverability...

The only problem is... what kind of innovation do you need to stop an advance of BETA?

36mm has prove ineffective piercing a destroyer class forward armor...
120mm doesnt do shit about it either...
But a railgun does work...

i was thinking if somewhat one way, a rifle version of Assault cannon(i'll call it Tactical Cannon) which uses Rail technology which uses at least 45mm rounds to pierce a destroyer class's shell up front and in safe range as well... do you think shell accelerated 3 times the speed of sound can pierce a 15 moh's scale armor in 200m range? and can be semi mass produced by any countries?

Now fit that technology in a TSA like A-10

I was thinking as well how to kill tank class without expending too much ammunition at the same time allows you to fight them up front with out the risk of being latched on??

Well, i was thinking of traditional shot guns... they will be very effective engaging anything on close range i would suggest calling it as Box-Shot Cannon or Shot Cannon for short....

Any thoughts about this ideas
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 02:46   Link #525
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
WEll... i do recommend an upgrade to A-10 in increase load and increase in mobility... For example, you can fit <Land Spinner> on its legs so that you can increase its over all maneuverability...

The only problem is... what kind of innovation do you need to stop an advance of BETA?

36mm has prove ineffective piercing a destroyer class forward armor...
120mm doesnt do shit about it either...
But a railgun does work...

i was thinking if somewhat one way, a rifle version of Assault cannon(i'll call it Tactical Cannon) which uses Rail technology which uses at least 45mm rounds to pierce a destroyer class's shell up front and in safe range as well... do you think shell accelerated 3 times the speed of sound can pierce a 15 moh's scale armor in 200m range? and can be semi mass produced by any countries?

Now fit that technology in a TSA like A-10

I was thinking as well how to kill tank class without expending too much ammunition at the same time allows you to fight them up front with out the risk of being latched on??

Well, i was thinking of traditional shot guns... they will be very effective engaging anything on close range i would suggest calling it as Box-Shot Cannon or Shot Cannon for short....

Any thoughts about this ideas
I don't think Land Spinner would be good. A type of chasis should do the trick!
Explosive fraction bullet (Like the Riot Grenade in Code Geass, just exploding on contact).
Old 2013-07-24, 06:40   Link #526
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I don't think there's a track system can can reliably tow/move something as heavy as A-10.

Also, railgun technology wouldn't work, because it's too fragile and inefficient. IRL, the smallest railgun today is size of a destroyer, and is result of decades of work, millions of dollars, and can fire a shell every...several hours? M-L's railgun is smaller, but it uses G-elements (which are in short supply), and is incredibly fragile (LNs and Manga of TE show that it's utterly worthless if you get surprise-attacked). And yes, it can fire 2000 rounds in matter of seconds, but then it has to be reloaded. To BETA, loosing 3000 troops is an acceptable loss, especially if the next wave will overrun the railguns anyway.

Another thing is that Destroyer's shell is nowhere near as indestructible as most people assume it is. The side-materials suggest that it really is that though, but ML: Alternative VN (which is IMO, the source of all cannon), shows that it's inconsistent; Valkyries take down several Destroyers with frontal shots, and even sword blows.

One of the side materials implies that most forces still use Steel Penetrator rounds instead of Depleted Uranium/Tungesten sabots. While I'm not a military expert, steel-tipped rounds were obsolete towards the end of Cold War, and wouldn't do jack against modern-day tanks, much less armored aliens.

It would probably be more effective to simply increase the supply of quality ammo, rather than build new weapons altogether.

120mm cannons can also fire canister shots, which makes shotgun weapons redundant.

Really, for the most part, M-L's humanity would handle itself well, if not for the sheer attrition they suffered before decent technology became available, and the mind-blowing incompetence of several countries (Yes, I'm looking at you, USSR).
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 08:05   Link #527
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, you are right! But how about increasing the size of A-10 feets? I am thinking a Snow Skier/Patin fusion.
And the supply, you know that the USSR doesn't have much ground left, not to mention that it's hard and costly to mining in a land like Siberian.
Also, what exactly a Assault Cannon made from? I just want to make sure how long could they overheated.
Old 2013-07-25, 05:32   Link #528
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I'm not sure what increasing A-10s feet would do, other than increasing it's mass, and it wouldn't be able to "float" on ground a la skis, since it's just not mobile enough.

Mining in Siberia is expensive, but the natural wealth there far, far outruns the costs. This is why it's Europe that's afraid of Russian economy, not the other way around.

Of course, in Muv-Luv the greatest issue would be securing Siberian mining interests against the BETA...then again, I'm alright with Soviets being overrun and killed to the last. The rest of the world can buy its ammo from America, South American countries and Greenland.

It's never mentioned from what Assault Cannons are made from. I assume its some sort of composite, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 07:59   Link #529
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
I'm not sure what increasing A-10s feet would do, other than increasing it's mass, and it wouldn't be able to "float" on ground a la skis, since it's just not mobile enough.

Mining in Siberia is expensive, but the natural wealth there far, far outruns the costs. This is why it's Europe that's afraid of Russian economy, not the other way around.

Of course, in Muv-Luv the greatest issue would be securing Siberian mining interests against the BETA...then again, I'm alright with Soviets being overrun and killed to the last. The rest of the world can buy its ammo from America, South American countries and Greenland.

It's never mentioned from what Assault Cannons are made from. I assume its some sort of composite, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Hey, I like Russian! They are somewhat crazy and sadistic, but they also efficiency!
Also, can Laserjard work in densed battlefield?
Old 2013-07-25, 10:51   Link #530
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

On penetrators, towards the tail end of WW2, tungsten sabot rounds started to replace steel penetrators, but the major issue with tungsten is that it's fucking expensive. That's why in the US, they use depleted uranium, since they've got huge uranium stockpiles and DU is CHEAP compared to titanium or tungsten. In fact, with the Mideast mostly overrun, Imcould see the US shifting to nuclear power for a lot of their domestic energy consumption, with fuel prioritised for the military. The reactors the US uses will creat DU as a byproduct, which can be used for ammo making.

This is a small point in Comet; the US TSFs are for the most part using better ammo which means better results.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 13:21   Link #531
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
This is a small point in Comet; the US TSFs are for the most part using better ammo which means better results.
I remember that part. Yuuya and the Comets were using 120mm sabot shells that could penetrate Destroyer class armor.
Old 2013-07-25, 15:56   Link #532
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Does Nano technology developed in Muv-Luv (just to the level of today)?
And Tungsen is expensive, but do you guys think that it is about time human stop worrying about Money?
Old 2013-07-26, 02:38   Link #533
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I remember that part. Yuuya and the Comets were using 120mm sabot shells that could penetrate Destroyer class armor.
Depleted uranium, baby. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Does Nano technology developed in Muv-Luv (just to the level of today)?
AFAIK, no nanotech applications in Muv-Luv.

Quote:
And Tungsen is expensive, but do you guys think that it is about time human stop worrying about Money?
The reason tungsten is so expensive is because it's fairly rare and hard to find. Besides, depleted uranium would actually work better on BETA because of it's poryphoric nature; DU is dense and tough, but also quite brittle. Once it penetrates the Destroyer's shell, it'll shatter into razor-sharp pieces and turn from a penetrating arrow into the shotgun shell from hell.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-07-26, 02:58   Link #534
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Once it penetrates the Destroyer's shell, it'll shatter into razor-sharp pieces and turn from a penetrating arrow into the shotgun shell from hell.
- Which is good if it kills the Destroyer outright, but what if the $^@#%ing thing survives? Remember it's ability to regenerate that thick armor--while not enough to be a threat in the middle of a battle, I'd hate to keep blasting the same Ruitare over and over again because it didn't die right the first time...

Is there a way we can cause the Ruitare's own shell to shatter and spread into tiny sharp, superstrong fragments to rip up nearby BETA? HESH rounds don't do the trick. any other ideas?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:02   Link #535
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Which is good if it kills the Destroyer outright, but what if the $^@#%ing thing survives? Remember it's ability to regenerate that thick armor--while not enough to be a threat in the middle of a battle, I'd hate to keep blasting the same Ruitare over and over again because it didn't die right the first time...

Is there a way we can cause the Ruitare's own shell to shatter and spread into tiny sharp, superstrong fragments to rip up nearby BETA? HESH rounds don't do the trick. any other ideas?
That's the beauty of a DU penetrator; it'll first blast through the Ruitare's shell, then fragment into thousands of razor sharp toxic BURNING fragments that'll turn the insides of the Ruitare into mincemeat.

As for blowing up the shell, I'd love to be able to do that, but I have a feeling the explosives needed to pull that off mean we have a negative return on investment.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-07-26, 08:06   Link #536
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just thinking about Lead/Uranium combination. The Uranium would melted the Lead to coated injures, thus render regenerate useless. But of course, it isn't very devastating as fragmented ond.
Elec-charging bullet?
Old 2013-07-26, 08:10   Link #537
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Just thinking about Lead/Uranium combination. The Uranium would melted the Lead to coated injures, thus render regenerate useless. But of course, it isn't very devastating as fragmented ond.
Elec-charging bullet?
TSF bullets are depleted uranium rounds.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 09:02   Link #538
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Two layers, my friend.
Old 2013-07-26, 09:03   Link #539
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Three layers, my friend. Uranium/Lead/Plutonium (or other radiation elements).
Old 2013-07-26, 10:25   Link #540
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

There's no point using uranium, because it's too fucking radioactive.

You want shit to burn? DU already does the job because it's porphyritic - it burns on contact with air. There's no point in using radioactive materials to poison BETA because you want to kill the motherfuckers NOW, not 30 years later from cancer.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
military science fiction, visual novel