AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-06, 08:58   Link #161
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It occurs to me while the historical Ranmaru is a boy the historical Jeanne d'Arc wore boys clothes.

Its not that Joan of Arc is a tomboy but during those days girls are in real danger of being raped. When Joan was forced to wear girl clothes during her captivity there was an attempted rape on her by the guards.

Wouldn't it be a twist if Ranmaru in Nobunaga the Fool is was fact a girl pretending to be a boy.
Ranmaru did look like a girl to me.
Old 2014-01-06, 09:23   Link #162
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Just wondering, why is this series doesn't have an episode discussion thread?
Only shows that have subforums get individual episode discussion threads. If Nobunaga: The Fool gets a subforum, then it will get episode discussion threads until then all discussion goes in this thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:20   Link #163
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Now this is interesting. Jeanne D'Arc and Nobunaga reincarnated on two planets with mechs and space ships with other famous historical figures.

And Sugita is Leonardo Da' Vinci!

I'll be watching this.
Old 2014-01-06, 11:26   Link #164
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wtf they did it... mixing all those historical events + mecha + boobs + GAR + Bro..... to make the most audience possible....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:31   Link #165
justpassingby

I want to hear Toki wa Ima in this anime. Probably Micchan can rock it out by saying

Toki wa キタ━━━━━━(・∀・)━━━━━━!!!!

Images
And these two would be proud
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Joshing aside, when is the singing going to start? And how many episodes are planned for this anime?

Last edited by justpassingby; 2014-01-06 at 12:48.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:57   Link #166
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I want whatever Kawamori is smoking.
I've been saying this since the first Aquarion. Nobody will ever convince me that that show wasn't made on drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Ranmaru did look like a girl to me.
I don't know about Nobunaga the Fool, but IRL Ranmaru is said to have been a very pretty boy (which is why he got involved with Nobunaga in the first place). If you see an anime/manga character named Ranmaru they're almost always beautiful guys - as a reference to Mori Ranmaru.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 13:01   Link #167
shinwa
fuuu~

badass mc and sidekick plus Jeanne <3 .. well, it is quite interesting concept by mixing eastern and western historical figure, who knows we might see Lancelot vs Yukimura in the future.. lol
shinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 13:28   Link #168
erdii

was "Kaguya" really necessary in the name? just use the name Jeanne D'arc. somehow this name change irks me.
Old 2014-01-06, 13:35   Link #169
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
was "Kaguya" really necessary in the name? just use the name Jeanne D'arc. somehow this name change irks me.
They turned her into a big-breasted airhead and you're complaining about the name?
Old 2014-01-06, 14:02   Link #170
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They turned her into a big-breasted airhead and you're complaining about the name?
Thanks for bringing that up. I hope she grows out of that phase and I also hope that I don't have to do too much research to understand this series or any references they make.
Old 2014-01-06, 15:09   Link #171
kuromitsu

Quote:
How is she an airhead? (Never mind the boobs - for all we know the real Jeanne had gigantic boobs and everything.) If your problem is that she's not all badass and kicking ass, well, the real Jeanne didn't exactly start out that way (and never actually ended up that way, she was more of a leader than a fighter), and really - considering the circumstances it's not surprising that she's not exactly in top form when Nobunaga meets her.
Old 2014-01-06, 15:33   Link #172
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
for all we know the real Jeanne had gigantic boobs and everything.
And surely they turned Himiko into a loli because for all we know the real Himiko actually was a loli, right?

Please.

On the airhead thing... let's just wait and see how she turns out. Right now she seems pretty useless though.
Old 2014-01-06, 15:48   Link #173
kuromitsu

Quote:
And surely they turned Himiko into a loli because for all we know the real Himiko actually was a loli, right?

Please.
I was merely trying to point out that taking an issue with something like that is pretty much pointless because the popular image of Jeanne d'Arc that people have is basically a legend and it's just as much of an unhistorical fantasy as this Jeanne.

Quote:
On the airhead thing... let's just wait and see how she turns out. Right now she seems pretty useless though.
It's been exactly 1 episode, which mostly focused on Nobunaga, and in which Jeanne was pretty much yanked around by weirdos and ended up in a crashed spaceship-turned-mecha with a lunatic. How is she supposed to be "useful" at this point...? (Also since when does a character need to be "useful" to be entertaining?)
Old 2014-01-06, 15:53   Link #174
LKK

I thoroughly enjoyed episode 1. No, let me be emphatic. I loved episode 1. It was as if someone asked what ingredients make up anime that I enjoy. Then they went and put ALL of those ingredients together and served me up a delicious tossed salad. Thank you for the food!

I hope the first episode is indicative of the rest of the series. If it is, this could quickly become my favorite new show of the season.

Do I remember correctly? Did someone say the production is by the same team who did Brave 10?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 15:59   Link #175
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Jeanne is DOING her job, being an eyecandy for us in this male-dominant anime.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 16:11   Link #176
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I was merely trying to point out that taking an issue with something like that is pretty much pointless because the popular image of Jeanne d'Arc that people have is basically a legend and it's just as much of an unhistorical fantasy as this Jeanne.
Everyone and their mother knows that sort of design is just fansevice. I was just noting that, and I don't think it's pointless. If you disagree, more power to you.

Quote:
Jeanne was pretty much yanked around by weirdos and ended up in a crashed spaceship-turned-mecha with a lunatic.
Yeah, she ended up playing the damsel in distress, and I don't think it's a stretch to see that as an indication of what sort of role she's gonna play the entire show. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, and if that's the case, that's good. But for now, that's how I see her character.
Old 2014-01-06, 16:21   Link #177
Shikijin

Quote:
Well no, although technically her niece Iyo became queen at 13.

By the way, Mori Ranmaru though young was also a talented swordsman, because at the time valets doubled as bodyguards during battles.

Anyway, I would like any similarities with EVOL to go away. Indeed, the authors have failed to give Jeanne any relevance in the first episode, and I hope the trend gets fixed ASAP.

Among the interesting things in the episode, the fact that like Escaflowne the tarot used symbolizes something that happens in the episode. The Star represents a moment of renewed hope, inspiration and discovery.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 17:01   Link #178
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
You know if Japanese history classes are anything like many American history classes I can see why the Western star is a mesh mash of historical figures and the Eastern star is more concise. Often time history classes are more focused on their own countries history and most other things are secondary. Even in a World History class you just get a little bit of everything. So I can imagine that the Japanese audience (the intended audience) may only have a small understanding of Western history. So they may know of characters like Jeanne, and Magellan, and da Vinci, but may not know or understand their true significance to history. So the Japanese audience isn't likely to be none the wiser or particularly care that they've all gotten thrown together.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 17:15   Link #179
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
My theory on this is that, since Kaguya was a moon princess and [from the West Planet] the East Planet looks like the moon that Jeanne is half western-half eastern, although it's a pretty wild guess at the moment.

And damn, I had no idea the Ranmaru guy was a real person (I'm even worse than most of you guys, most of what I know about Nobunga comes from whatever Gate 7 said ^^; ) but with that in mind it certainly looks like either Jeanne burns at the stake and reincarnates as him (and then he dies with Nobunga) or that time somehow gets wonky and both Jeanne and Nobunga have a vision of the other dying in flames while they're dying which would be a pretty depressing ending (then again, the first Aquarion ending was a bit depressing itself....)
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 17:17   Link #180
magnuskn

So far, this is fricking awesome. Let's see if they can keep it up.

Oh, and for the people confused with the beginning, as far as I can see, the events referenced are happening on Earth and they both reincarnate on those dual-planet system.

Tags
bishonen, mecha