AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-14, 00:33   Link #1261
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Not a good image to show the character design, at least for me. Need something less for eye candy.
What, do you want them to release character sheets instead?
Old 2014-03-14, 02:25   Link #1262
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Edit: Meoooow. Spoilers~

(I THINK THE NEW USAGI LOOKS GORGEOUS, BY THE WAY.)
Old 2014-03-14, 02:42   Link #1263
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
That's quite the promising key visual.
Agreed - an absolutely lovely image. If they are able to keep up the animation near to that I will be really pleased!

Yes. My name is Flower and I am a big mahou shoujo fan.
Old 2014-03-14, 03:43   Link #1264
Freeter
beyond

Good to see they didn't alter the design. Hopefully the animation will be able to match the quality of that visual.

Can't wait to see Mars and Jupiter.
Old 2014-03-14, 04:00   Link #1265
T-6000

Hmm, maybe if we look had enough we might be able to find a trailer somewhere on that site.

***UPDATE***

Well that didn't take (too) long. The image has been pulled from the website.
Old 2014-03-14, 05:33   Link #1266
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

This picture looks so weird :/ pretty, yeah, but tells me nothing about what the anime will look like. I can't see the clothing being colored this way for example. It's too soft, to the extent that it almost looks like fan art , or the kind of art you'd stick on a mood board at the start. Or a piece of concept art. I can see the actual animation turn out a good bit differently. Kind of like... Hm.. clamp's code geass pics vs how it looked like animated.

Sorry to not share the general enthusiasm as much
Old 2014-03-14, 05:46   Link #1267
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Hmm, maybe if we look had enough we might be able to find a trailer somewhere on that site.

***UPDATE***

Well that didn't take (too) long. The image has been pulled from the website.
The img can still be seen if you follow the ANN link several posts above....
Old 2014-03-14, 06:19   Link #1268
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
This picture looks so weird :/ pretty, yeah, but tells me nothing about what the anime will look like. I can't see the clothing being colored this way for example. It's too soft, to the extent that it almost looks like fan art , or the kind of art you'd stick on a mood board at the start. Or a piece of concept art. I can see the actual animation turn out a good bit differently. Kind of like... Hm.. clamp's code geass pics vs how it looked like animated.

Sorry to not share the general enthusiasm as much
The pic does look jazzed up, I'll admit. They probably did a very HQ Picture of Sailor Moon for the promotion (like many other studios do when they promote their animated series or movie, they'll display an HQ picture with sharp details) and I don't think the series will look that good on a whole. What wowed me more was the style of the art, since it resembles the manga so much. The art for the 90s Sailor Moon, for it's time, was ok but paled in comparison to Naoko's colored art in the Manga (and art books). Yeah, the fingers, arms, and legs tend to be a little too long and slender at times but overall it was very pretty art. And I can testify that in the early 2000s many people online hated how the anime of sailor moon looked, one admin of a SM fansite even said that when they saw it they thought it was terrible fan art. I figured that when they announced the Sailor Moon anime the character style would either be different or similar to the colored manga images. And MHO I actually like that the character art style will be sticking closer to the colored manga art.

Isn't it strange that am looking up Toonami SM promo on Youtube as I am typing this?
Old 2014-03-14, 07:20   Link #1269
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi View Post
Edit: Meoooow. Spoilers~

(I THINK THE NEW USAGI LOOKS GORGEOUS, BY THE WAY.)
Looks like OVA/film standard artwork actually...
Old 2014-03-14, 08:09   Link #1270
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Are they now scrambling to put things up faster because of the leak?

Quote:
梅澤淳稔 ‏@A2104Ume 1h

プリキュアについて呟いた?ところで、次は「新セーラームーン」について新たなお知らせをします。今日中に はお知らせするべく、今スタッフ一同、時間と戦っております。たった1人の心ない人の為に、今どれだけの人 が必死になってくれているか…非常に残念です。それは置いといて、発表をお楽しみに!
By the way, next I have new information about "The New Sailormoon". Throughout the whole day, in order to make a new reveal, the entire staff is now fighting against time. Just because of one heartless man, how many have become desperate? Quite a regretful situation. That said, please look forward to the reveal!

Of course, they're blaming people who found it.
Quote:
梅澤淳稔 ‏@A2104Ume 8m

たとえそれがどんな安物の鍵だったとしても、たとえその鍵をいじっているうちに空いてしまったのだとしても 、他人の部屋の中に入って、中にあるものを勝手に外に出して、数多くの人が見ることのできる環境に晒すのは 、私としては非常に残念なのです…
Old 2014-03-14, 08:15   Link #1271
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
They could put up an animated preview trailer in 7 days to make up for that, right?
Old 2014-03-14, 08:17   Link #1272
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
What, do you want them to release character sheets instead?
I didn't have time to put a more in detail post, but basically for me the biggest issue is using the manga designs, or if you prefer, a design heavily inspired by the manga. Doesn't give me much confidence in the finished product.

Quote:
Are they now scrambling to put things up faster because of the leak?
I don't see the point of rushing even with this accidental leak...
Old 2014-03-14, 09:31   Link #1273
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Call me cynical, but this "leak" is probably the best kind of publicity they could get.

As for the picture, I'd guess that the anime will not be as detailed, but hey, it's recognizably Sailor Moon, which isn't always a certain thing in adaptations.

I guess I'm kind of curious, I have younger sisters, and back in the ancient days that I am from we only had one television in the house so we had to take turns. First He-Man, then She-rah. First Sailor Moon and then Transformers. (I can't remember the actual viewing order for Sailor Moon but it was something like that). Thus I actually was exposed to Sailor Moon (and Rainbow Brite, and shudder My Little Ponies). I vaguely remember that it wasn't too bad (despite my obligatory protests), other than the fact that it seemed like Tuxedo guy was always having to save Sailor Moon and I always wondered why he didn't just stick around and beat the bad guys himself.

I've been on a nostalgia kick lately, what with Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and Jojo. Madoka Magica actually managed to get me past the "magical girl shows are for girls" instinct, so I'm mildly interested in seeing the first few episodes. Especially since people familiar with both keep saying that Sailor Moon was darkish for magical girl shows, which matches up with my vague memory that everyone dies.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2014-03-14, 10:20   Link #1274
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

http://sailormoon-official.com/animation/
Guess they gave up!
Was nothing more to it than what got leaked, not sure what's the fuss was all about.
Old 2014-03-14, 10:32   Link #1275
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

If they don't want anything to be leaked then don't upload it too soon. I bet someone there got fired because of this mistake :|
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-03-14, 11:29   Link #1276
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Am I only one that thinks Usagi's leg ends on where her back begins (as in, she has no butt) in that preview image. Her face looks more shoujo-esque and I do not think that level of detail will be seen in the series (at least in the action scenes).
Old 2014-03-14, 11:32   Link #1277
ShiroiRyu

Need Sailor Uranus and i will in love .
Old 2014-03-14, 11:39   Link #1278
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

It's beautiful and making me feel hype.
Old 2014-03-14, 13:36   Link #1279
Horse

The logo is pretty bad IMHO. Art is okay (manga-ish) but I'm still wondering how it translates into animation so it doesn't really excite me.
Old 2014-03-14, 13:48   Link #1280
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Like everyone else growing up in the '90s, I watched this show with my brother - among others - when it was on Toonami. Then, as we got older and my brother moved away from watching any kind of cartoon animation, I came back to the series by watching Sailor Stars a couple years ago - a show I always wondered why it had never aired in America (obviously it was because of the genderbending) and what it was about.

I'm sad that my brother no longer holds any interest in anime (he even told me once that I'm too OLD to watch them!) much less ride the nostalgia wave when Crystal airs in July. Needless to say, it's his loss.

By the way, that image screams GET HYPE. Curious to see what will be revealed next week.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo