AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-24, 04:33   Link #4021
blackdemigod

Its baaack!

Translations for this series has been restarted in Baka Tsuki because the company who licensed this did not do anything for a year or so. Baka Tsuki started rehosting vol 6-10 and Volume 11 chapter 1 and 2 is up!
blackdemigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 04:40   Link #4022
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdemigod View Post
Translations for this series has been restarted in Baka Tsuki because the company who licensed this did not do anything for a year or so. Baka Tsuki started rehosting vol 6-10 and Volume 11 chapter 1 and 2 is up!
Glad to see this being translated again. Small correction v11 ch2 is still incomplete atm thou translations have started.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 23:23   Link #4023
Yami no Ou
まおう

okay so HnA is back again on BT and it seems that KanzakiAria is still translating this novel
Old 2015-05-27, 17:41   Link #4024
AP24

Any spoilers on vol 20?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 06:36   Link #4025
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
Baka-Tsuki doesn't translate anything. It's just a hosting service. However, they did bring back the series accordingly to the series take-down guidelines because DMG didn't release any book in x amount of time nor plans to release.

Thus, any translator is free to pick it up again. Though, a safe buffer of a few volumes remains just in case.
That isnt completely true if we talk about all series on BT. I used to translate Zero No tsukaima but I didnt belong to any group. So yes while in many projects BT produce hosting services there are quite a number of projects translated by BT guys directly.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 09:19   Link #4026
deathbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
That isnt completely true if we talk about all series on BT. I used to translate Zero No tsukaima but I didnt belong to any group. So yes while in many projects BT produce hosting services there are quite a number of projects translated by BT guys directly.
BT guys? as far as I know the BT admins haven't translated anything in several years. After their tenure, BT has always just been a hub managed by volunteer translators. People posted translations to BT becuase it was a centralized hub of translations.

Although now in the age of social media and forums like reddit, BT is far less important. People can now start a blog, get millions of hits and earn money through donations.

Btw whats your opinion on the new wave on MT translators, as one of the older solo MT translators.
deathbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 17:30   Link #4027
Flere821
Lurker

I've finished HnA Vol19. No summary from me; For those of you that don't follow Mahouka threads, I've been warned by the AnimeSuki staff to stop writing those. The AS standard seems to be 'if it can replace buying the product and reading it, it's bad', so my comments/review of this volume will go below that standard. You guys aren't going to be getting a timeline out of this or anything.

Short version: This volume sucked. For those of you who've kept track of my opinion on this series from my previous posts in this thread, I'm back to near my lowest point of my opinion on this series; not to the point of apathy and 'one more bad volume and I'll drop this series', but still down to 'WTF is this sh!t'.
Spoiler for Vol19 long version comments:

The saving grace of this volume? 1) The fight scenes. While who was fighting made no sense (antagonists a$$-pulled into showing up in the UK), the fights weren't choreographed that badly. If you have a high threshold for dues ex machina anyway, Kinji always pulls out something with HSS. 2) The humour was hit and miss, but some of it wasn't too bad.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 19:09   Link #4028
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The AS standard seems to be 'if it can replace buying the product and reading it, it's bad'
What the shit?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 19:54   Link #4029
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What the shit?
It's the new policy apparently. No more lengthy summaries, even for stuff that's not in English.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 20:30   Link #4030
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's the new policy apparently. No more lengthy summaries, even for stuff that's not in English.
What about links to other places that have summaries like pastebin?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 12:01   Link #4031
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
What about links to other places that have summaries like pastebin?
Hidan no Aria is licensed. Therefore, it's not eligible for translation or summary links.

Novels that aren't licensed can have a translation and/or summary link added to the opening post. You can request that a link(s) be added to the opening post by posting a request in the Work Licensed? Need to Change a Link? Thread Edit Requests Here! thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 19:30   Link #4032
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

Well now this is even more pathetic. So now we HAVE to spend money to even know if we should care about the series or not, or bother the people who made the summaries in PM's to PM us a summary? Or is that also againt the rules?

Some people take "copyright" so far that it just delves into utter nonsense. And not everyone has the luxury to buy these things either in store or online. I'm not one. But there are many people I know who're well in there 30's to 40's who choose not to even use a credit card or debit card because of the legal bullshit that's placed in those things and banks.

Paypal is also kind of whacky.
Old 2015-06-05, 21:45   Link #4033
IndexOfIdeas

^ i agree to this.

before i buy a light novel on my local bookstore i first inquire a summary if the summary is not worthy of my money i dont dare buy it.

well since summary are now prohibited in here bye bye buying light novels at my local bookstore

i view summaries as a sneak peek of the current volume.

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 17:46   Link #4034
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbringer View Post
Btw whats your opinion on the new wave on MT translators, as one of the older solo MT translators.
MT translations are not bad as l;ong as you dont rely on a single source. Mt translators if they want to be good they need to do harder work than ordinary translations. Because of that MT translation is a pretty good tool at learning japanese. I was listing MT on the last volume of the zero no tsukaima more out of convenience than out of anything because i was mostly translating it without a help of any MT.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 19:52   Link #4035
Flere821
Lurker

Says a lot about everyone's expectations about this series huh when we're all complaining about the lack of summaries from now on on AS instead of the contents of HnA Vol19

For the record, even without this prohibition on the forum staff's part I wouldn't have summarized this volume anyway, like I did for some past volumes A lot of Vol19 was cringeworthy bad. Not 'dropping this' bad, but still bad.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 03:13   Link #4036
hyddty

Anyone read Volume 20 yet ? Trying my best to understand from machine translation
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 00:06   Link #4037
nicothegirl
Ghost

I've never done this before so I'm not sure if the image will come up but I came across this just now
I gotta ask tho did aria's horns ever go away or are these just her usual accessories
#2spooky4me

Last edited by nicothegirl; 2015-07-04 at 00:10. Reason: Damn I was right, it's not showing up...what to do...? I wanted to share with you guys cus it hasn't shown up before iirc
nicothegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 00:42   Link #4038
hyddty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicothegirl View Post

I've never done this before so I'm not sure if the image will come up but I came across this just now
I gotta ask tho did aria's horns ever go away or are these just her usual accessories
Cant see it mate
Old 2015-07-04, 01:09   Link #4039
nicothegirl
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyddty View Post
Cant see it mate
Sorry, I'm new to this
#2spooky4me
nicothegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 01:43   Link #4040
hyddty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicothegirl View Post
Sorry, I'm new to this
Regarding your question, I think at some point she grew horns according to summaries but other than that I havent heard about it since

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen