AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2015-10-10, 08:33   Link #15081
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Next chapter: Battle of the nude. Classic Lucy treatment...

Seilah take over was unexpected, but then again, she was a demon, so it makes sense. It makes me wonder, however, do Mirajane's takeovers have an etherious form? (the answer is obviously not, because she would have used them at some point, but then again, even Mashima couldn't have planned this far ahead).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 09:17   Link #15082
Casshern

Only Seilah was an etherious afaik, it's never been mentioned if her other demon forms are etherious or if they are even from the books of Zeref.

I think it would be a worthy upgrade for Mira if she can use Seilah's etherious form. She's been a bit lacking in terms of strength, for an S class mage.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I got the impression that Seila's personality somehow still lives in Mira. When they mentioned that Mira took over Seilah because she was dying, it seemed like she was saving her, in a way.

This take-over is also weird because she completely turns into Seilah, while in her other forms it's still Mira's appearance with each demon's characteristics, and she calls it "Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah" instead of just Satan Soul: Seilah like her other forms.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 10:04   Link #15083
ShiroiRyu

Mirajane as Seilah is the best part of this chapter.
Old 2015-10-10, 10:13   Link #15084
QSTraderDG86

LOL Brandish/Lucy. Mashima likes putting Lucy in awkward situations huh .

And lulz Mirajane Seilah. Hahaha. That said, what ever happened with her Halphas transformation that she used in the Zentopia arc? Too destructive to use at home base?
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 13:19   Link #15085
ranchan13

I'm totally hoping this next chapter is Lucy's chance to shine like never before
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 13:20   Link #15086
II Maestro

It sure is amazing seeing Mira use Seilah demon take over, also Lucy v.s Brandish looking foward to what will happen.
Old 2015-10-10, 13:41   Link #15087
Ggb81
Exemplary Character

So it looks like the fanservice chapter is coming up. Poor Lucy...

Erza needs to get her head out of her ass and retreat or Deus ex Mashima kill this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Mirajane Seilah feels very awkward for me. Please split them Mashima.
Agreed.
Old 2015-10-10, 15:47   Link #15088
Wandering Soul

Wasn't expecting Mira's new takeover ability. Also next chapter will be the fan service battle between Brandish and Lucy.
Old 2015-10-11, 00:09   Link #15089
porkipine

can't believe people are still in denial w/ the FACT that Gajeel and Levi slept together.. when theres just way too many coincidences for it. hell, I was convinced they did it the first time I read the manga.

•same sheets /pillows
•same covers
•same position both in bed
•in the colored copies both are BLUSHING --we know in anime after the DEED everyone seems to blush,BUT no one will blush randomly whenever they get up in bed
•plus,every manly character had already said their pre-battle words, but with Gajeels personality this is the subtle statement that they did too.. our Gajeel seems too mature to be playing all cute with Levi

hell, Erza could be shown in that same place as Levi's so if anyone is still in doubt Pm me and let me convert you to believe LOL..

xD if there are too many coincidences then it's not a coincidence.

this comment may seem too irrelevnant with the current BraLu topic but I just want to be bring it to light lol..alrighty m8s please continue
porkipine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 00:23   Link #15090
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did Hiro want to go out with the biggest, most perverse bang he could muster?

EDIT: I must be really tired if that did not sound dirty in my head.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 01:24   Link #15091
Clipens

Lucy naked in the water --> Aquarius's stardress (without keys)

---

I think Mashima is developing Thunder God Tribe and Take Over Sibling as complementary groups. If you note in the street there the persons contaminated by demons: Laxus, Juvia, Freed, Bickslow and Evergreen. Probably the new Mirajane can unlock a demon form in those persons...
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 03:05   Link #15092
Casshern

I too have the feeling that something might happen with Aquarius. The last thing Lucy did before encountering Brandish was to pick up Aquarius' broken key, and I think she's still holding it.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 15:07   Link #15093
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Mirajane as Seilah is the best part of this chapter.
Thank you, Mashima-sama.

Just wondering if Mirajane Seilah is Seilah's personality, Mirajane, or both?

Seilah and Brandish in one chapter is just too much want!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 19:27   Link #15094
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Thank you, Mashima-sama.

Just wondering if Mirajane Seilah is Seilah's personality, Mirajane, or both?

Seilah and Brandish in one chapter is just too much want!!!
Considering that uncharacteristic blink and smile from Mirajane Seilah, i'd say only Mira's personality.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 20:38   Link #15095
immblueversion

Should the anime ever get this far, I wonder if we'll hear Mira or Seilah's voice.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 01:03   Link #15096
Slayerx

One thing that bugs me about the whole bath scene with Brandish aside from the way too blatant fanservice is that she really doesn't have a reason to go after Lucy. I mean she didn't even acknowledge Lucy when they met on the island much less interact with her. Where does this "impression" come from? This would make sense if they had atleast the minimal interaction, like if instead of Natsu it was Lucy that scolded her for their friends being hurt... taht would atleast be something

Also, everytime i see that Wahru, i can't help but think he looks like Gru from Despicable Me. Just swap the pointy hair for a pointy nose.
Old 2015-10-12, 02:28   Link #15097
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One thing that bugs me about the whole bath scene with Brandish aside from the way too blatant fanservice is that she really doesn't have a reason to go after Lucy. I mean she didn't even acknowledge Lucy when they met on the island much less interact with her. Where does this "impression" come from? This would make sense if they had atleast the minimal interaction, like if instead of Natsu it was Lucy that scolded her for their friends being hurt... taht would atleast be something

Also, everytime i see that Wahru, i can't help but think he looks like Gru from Despicable Me. Just swap the pointy hair for a pointy nose.
One word: Fanservice. And if Brandish showed some interest in Natsu random shippers will appear again.

And it turns out Obra (the little thing from GMG) is his minion.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 17:42   Link #15098
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

It could just be that Brandish swings both ways. Lucy has shown a track record for attracting other gorgeous females. Erza crawled into her bed in the GMG, Cana happily fondled her, Flare followed her home, and now Brandish...
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 02:08   Link #15099
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Seira can be pronounced in all kinds of ways. How you spell it is your own business. People usually go with what's mostly used, until an official translation is released (like when back in the day it was Luxus, Gazille and Gerard, to name a few).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 11:29   Link #15100
immblueversion

"Seilah" is the official English spelling used by Kodansha, the manga's current licenser. "Sayla" is the fan translation that was popularized before the official name was finalized. Both are transliterations of the Japanese name セイラ (Seira).

And if you're wondering how "Jellal" could have possibly been spelled as "Gerard" at one point, his Japanese name ジェラール (Jeraaru) is a transliteration of the French name "Gérard", which has a silent "d" in its native language. But Del Rey (the manga's original licenser) spelled it "Jellal" and came with a note certifying the spelling came from Hiro Mashima himself. Later volumes do not have this note, which is why the FT Wiki likes to run wild with some name spellings. They tend to choose whatever names they think fit best since the only official names they use are the ones Hiro uses.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen