AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-05-22, 10:43   Link #1841
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Speaking of hatred...http://terminal71.com/blog/index.php...=1&disp=single

Okay while technically what he's saying appeared to be true for a while it really isnt anymore (I made a post about this there, but it isn't up yet). There are still other good shows of varying genre's this season despite the apparent push for moe, and they are getting their kudos and what not, and you know the people watching Lucky Star aren't all zombies (maybe some of the stranger ones) and it's just meant to be fun. It's funny because all those shows he's posted are as popular and highly regarded as LS right now if not moreso.

You know what this is, it's like I'm staring at an image of my past self in this blog post, and I'm here to comment and reflect on things.
It's times like this when I give thanks for the relative sanity of Animesuki forums, and at the same time make me question why I ever pick fights with "non-mainstream", yet relatively reasonable characters like you in the first place, when there's far more ridiculous things in the world out there.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 10:56   Link #1842
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's a reason I'm here instead of several other anime forums and it mostly has to do with the community response to the kind of lame thought processing exhibited at that site. Strangely enough, I enjoy most of the shows he likes AND shows from many other genres (just as I'm capable of enjoying music from more than one genre). He appears handicapped in that regard.
Old 2007-05-22, 11:31   Link #1843
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Speaking of hatred...http://terminal71.com/blog/index.php...=1&disp=single

Okay while technically what he's saying appeared to be true for a while it really isnt anymore (I made a post about this there, but it isn't up yet). There are still other good shows of varying genre's this season despite the apparent push for moe, and they are getting their kudos and what not, and you know the people watching Lucky Star aren't all zombies (maybe some of the stranger ones) and it's just meant to be fun. It's funny because all those shows he's posted are as popular and highly regarded as LS right now if not moreso.

You know what this is, it's like I'm staring at an image of my past self in this blog post, and I'm here to comment and reflect on things.
Judging from the author's ramblings, I highly doubt he'll allow any comments that is remotely pro-Lucky Star.

Anywho, he thinks that being an anime fan for 10 years makes him an authority on anime.

/me laughs hysterically.

/me wipes tears from laughter.

If Lucky Star's popularity is giving him such a nervous breakdown, then he should quit watching anime. I mean, seriously, it's only entertainment! Sure you can have an intelligent anime series or movie, but at the end of a long stressful day from work and life, I need an anime that'll make me laugh, and a series like Lucky Star is one such anime.

Granted, I had the same "passion" as this blogger when Naruto was making its stride. I really hated that series, but at least I slugged through the first 30 episodes of the series (I reviewed it on an Internet radio show), before I knew I really hated it. This guy watched only 7 minutes of Lucky Star and proclaimed it's the "worst anime EVAR."

Well whatever, knee-jerk reactions are everywhere on the Intertubes anyway, and it'll never go away. So I say, "meh" to the blogger.

Oh man, thanks for the link man! If Lucky Star is oh so wrong in this effed-up world, then I don't want to be right!
Ffenix Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 12:19   Link #1844
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
What can I say? Back in the early 1990s, I used to scorn, and I mean it, what the random /a/non would call lolipedomoé shows, I could only enjoy my anime if my episode have its mandatory fights and yells (yes the likes of Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya), later I thought I could put myself above the average anime fan by watching very wordy, vaguely philosophical anime like the Patlabor movies or Serial Experiment Lain (I still love the patlabor movies and Lain tho). Then came the likes of Kanon (2k2), and here I have come to enjoy what I would never thought, the warming feeling of looking at a female character (like Sarah Crewe in this 1980s anime) or down -to-earth relationship like in Orange Road. Someone tried to get me into Naruto, but I just couldn't stand it, it doesn't have the same well crafted fights of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, it doesn't have the same vibes of awesome that Saint Seiya or Yuyu Hakusho had. I have grown up tired of shonen and action anime.

I am pretty sure that if my old self of early 1990s looked at my self of 2007, he'd laugh in disbelief. Maybe it is myself who got tired of the machism or chauvinism of what I used to watch, or maybe I've played too much of MariBato or EFZ.

I am sort of glad I've grown as an animefan to what I am now, I don't think I'd enjoy shows like Aria if I had the same tastes as 15+ years ago. And I would have never thought that a cute 9 y/o like Nanoha Takamachi can be badass =D
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 13:22   Link #1845
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What can I say? Back in the early 1990s, I used to scorn, and I mean it, what the random /a/non would call lolipedomoé shows, I could only enjoy my anime if my episode have its mandatory fights and yells (yes the likes of Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya), later I thought I could put myself above the average anime fan by watching very wordy, vaguely philosophical anime like the Patlabor movies or Serial Experiment Lain (I still love the patlabor movies and Lain tho). Then came the likes of Kanon (2k2), and here I have come to enjoy what I would never thought, the warming feeling of looking at a female character (like Sarah Crewe in this 1980s anime) or down -to-earth relationship like in Orange Road. Someone tried to get me into Naruto, but I just couldn't stand it, it doesn't have the same well crafted fights of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, it doesn't have the same vibes of awesome that Saint Seiya or Yuyu Hakusho had. I have grown up tired of shonen and action anime.

I am pretty sure that if my old self of early 1990s looked at my self of 2007, he'd laugh in disbelief. Maybe it is myself who got tired of the machism or chauvinism of what I used to watch, or maybe I've played too much of MariBato or EFZ.

I am sort of glad I've grown as an animefan to what I am now, I don't think I'd enjoy shows like Aria if I had the same tastes as 15+ years ago. And I would have never thought that a cute 9 y/o like Nanoha Takamachi can be badass =D
I too would have never believed I would have comed to enjoy these "Lolipedomoe shows" as a a guilty pleasure, but in a little less than one year I have. My main love of course will always be Mecha in a tier above, but these LPM shows are seeing more and more of my viewership lately. I still need a certain intangible quality in these LPM show's to enjoy them and it can't just be like Manabi Straight or Crescent Love, which I couldn't find much reason to watch (But damned if I do happen to have that games CG Pack).

It can be as small as anything imaginable though, like Lucky Star seeing a part of myself in the LS characters. I see my Anime/Gaming Fandom in Konata, My Ability To Inflict Self-Injury Through Clumsiness in Miyuki, My Shyness When First Being Introduced To Someone In Tsukasa, and My Preachiness And Constant Commentary in Kagami.

By the way, Sheba, your Avatar is really really distracting like DeathKillz's usually are.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 13:40   Link #1846
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Wow...can't you just feel the love and togetherness in this thread now? This is why I like the AS community. ^_^

I think I've grown somewhat stoic towards fanatical bloggers, because I've seen so many opposing viewpoints to my own that it no longer really phases me; I've come to almost expect it. When your other interests include political and religious discussions, and when you're a conservative student at what's reputed to be the most liberal university in America, silly anime rants and criticisms suddenly seem so trivial. It's a great feeling, to be able to read a vitriolic blog and then derive a good, hearty laugh from it for its ridiculousness.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 14:13   Link #1847
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Wow...can't you just feel the love and togetherness in this thread now? This is why I like the AS community. ^_^
heh quite true

personal opinions is the main issue here ~ from what i can see the guy in the blog is just as stubbon when it comes to "hardcore Gar series" as Kaioshin_Sama is to his oldskool mecha (not a stab btw) ~ but at least you of all people are beginning to understand the joys of moe (if done in the right way )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 14:22   Link #1848
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
*warm fuzzy feeling* I decided to start posting here instead of a host of other forums I'm registered at because for the most part, people are pretty civil here and the mods aren't completely and utterly useless like they are at other MBs.

Judging by what I've read in everyone's posts... I don't think I'll be visiting that link.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 14:38   Link #1849
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Love LS,and most people who don't prejudge things will at least like it ^^

Cute silly and slightly random.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 14:47   Link #1850
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
I too would have never believed I would have comed to enjoy these "Lolipedomoe shows" as a a guilty pleasure, but in a little less than one year I have. My main love of course will always be Mecha in a tier above, but these LPM shows are seeing more and more of my viewership lately. I still need a certain intangible quality in these LPM show's to enjoy them and it can't just be like Manabi Straight or Crescent Love, which I couldn't find much reason to watch (But damned if I do happen to have that games CG Pack).

It can be as small as anything imaginable though, like Lucky Star seeing a part of myself in the LS characters. I see my Anime/Gaming Fandom in Konata, My Ability To Inflict Self-Injury Through Clumsiness in Miyuki, My Shyness When First Being Introduced To Someone In Tsukasa, and My Preachiness And Constant Commentary in Kagami.

By the way, Sheba, your Avatar is really really distracting like DeathKillz's usually are.
I don't mind the other genres as long as they have that extra flair that get me griped right on the spot (Nanoha series had to get me to Fate's introduction to get me hooked).
I am a heroic fantasy junkie since I've seen Conan the Barbarian as a toddle, but I am still very picky on what heroic fantasy anime I've seen (so far, Lodoss, Kaze no Tairiku, Scrapped Princess and now Seirei no Moribito. Otherwise, I avoid the cookie-cutter Final Fantasy/Dungeons & Dragons/Lord of the Rings at all cost), hell I am a very picky person on a lot of domain be it literature, movies or food.
Even as one who can appreciate moé shows for what they are, I am still discerning enough to avoid things like Crescent Love, Manabi Straight just doesn't appeal to me.
Regarding Lucky Star, I can find my trivial knowledge or ENCYCLOPEDIA TIME grooves in Tsukasa or Miyuki, I can get as easily annoyed as Kagami and like a lot of people here, I can recognize myself in Konata and her burning passions in things that are usually not acceptable to 'normal' people.

As for the avatar, I picked it for this very reason, it is distracting and I have a fetishist liking for the overknee socks and miniskirt combo.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 21:58   Link #1851
Ascaloth

...did I just start a "I love AS" trend here?
Old 2007-05-22, 22:00   Link #1852
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

naw that happened 60 pages back :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 22:54   Link #1853
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Truth is, I don't love AS... it's just that there are five or so people who keep me coming back.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 23:12   Link #1854
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Truth is, I don't love AS... it's just that there are five or so people who keep me coming back.
*Does A pirouette* Woooooo!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 23:38   Link #1855
Ascaloth

Quote:
*Does A pirouette* Woooooo!
*passes Kaioshin his hyperactivity medication* There there, be a good boy and take this, then go to bed.
Old 2007-05-23, 01:31   Link #1856
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
yeah.. the love would die really quickly if you tripped into a few certain threads on animesuki that shall rename nameless .... it makes my head hurt just to read the thread titles in them.
Old 2007-05-23, 02:00   Link #1857
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Maybe I should have rephrased my earlier quote to refer only to a specific circle of posters then. >.>

Meh, still beats ANN. Although all the dorama going on over last weeks Answerman column is rather hilarious...
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 02:53   Link #1858
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
It's been sucking for me, since they dropped Shin-chan. But if Adult Swim were to show Lucky Star, that would be pretty cool.

... oh, hey what? ... nevermind

Quote:
Meh, still beats ANN. Although all the dorama going on over last weeks Answerman column is rather hilarious...
eww... their staff writers are annoying enough. I can't imagine the sorts of comments they attract.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 12:31   Link #1859
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was going to say "love" was not the right word, but the more I think about it.... Of all the boards I sampled, AS had the best combination of lots of posts, lots of different posters, and good discussion. As far as I know, there's really no alternative.

There are some blogs I go back to, but generally I just use animenano and read posts that sound interesting.

And the mods here are great: a light touch, but a certain one. And they certainly made the right choice in giving Lucky Star its own forum: closing in fast on Death Note; only 300 posts behind.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 19:16   Link #1860
aorta

Timeline

Episode 1 - end of March 2006 (baseball is fixing to start)
Episode 2 - April 29 - May 5 (Golden Week)
Episode 3 - June (month of the wedding)
Episode 4 - July 7th (Twins' Birthday)
Episode 5 - July (Summer vaction)
Episode 6 - July (Summer vaction)
Episode 7 - July/August

Does this seem right? The only problem is that in Ep 4 Konata watches Episode 9 of Haruhi after the Twins' birthday (the episode was broadcast in May).
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen