Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-24, 13:36   Link #21
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
A fantasy type novel that has the same girl on 2 or more covers? What madness is this.

Also i read the first chapter and i really like it, the beginning with him talking about how bad life is since the books are not up to quality reminds me of Dog&Scissors
If you think this is crazy, then check out Strike the Blood.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 15:04   Link #22
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
If you think this is crazy, then check out Strike the Blood.
You sir, just got me hooked. -waits for anime to air-
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 20:26   Link #23
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
fetishes aside, N0m@n, how is your impression about this, most of my following is going to end soon so i have a little more budget for a few new books and i don't want to waste it.
Edit : the 1st chap is quite good but i want to know how dark is this novel.
Hmm, not that dark I guess. There's certanly going to be death since it's war, but the actual battle takes place in voume 2.

Volume 1 is going to be about Altina and the fotress they are in. It will explain how the soldiers hasnt completly trusted Altina since she's a kid and they beleive more in the former commander of fotress who is also a hero. His name is Jérôme. Right now he got demoted to a deputy commander because Altina was assigned to the post in their fotress. So the hero himself is ignoring Altina. In order to gain their trust Atina has to face Jérôme on one on one duel. Regis also shows his stratergy by taking down the bandits that the army has been struggling to catch

Volume 2 will continue right after the duel between Jérôme and Altina. After the outcome, the fortress gets attacked by the army of Savages/Barabarians. One of the guy who is like the leaders shows strength equal to Jérôme. He's not a King, but he's called Savage-King by the people who saw him. Regis once again uses his tactics to capture the Savage-King alive so they can talk to him. That's like the first half of volume 2.

Second half of volume 2 will be where Altina's army attacks a enemy's base which was said to be impossible.

Volume 3 doesnt actually have any battles because Altina gets called to the Imperial capital. Regis and several people goes with her. It explains and shows the situation within the Empire as well as the Princes of the Empire. So it explains how and why the noble favours a certain Prince as the next heir.

I would say that so far, Im not dissapointed at the plot at all. Regis isn't a lucky sukebe, but he does get popular with weird people. Heck even in volume 2......

Spoiler for v2:
Old 2013-08-24, 20:35   Link #24
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Hmm, not that dark I guess. There's certanly going to be death since it's war, but the actual battle takes place in voume 2.

Volume 1 is going to be about Altina and the fotress they are in. It will explain how the soldiers hasnt completly trusted Altina since she's a kid and they beleive more in the former commander of fotress who is also a hero. His name is Jérôme. Right now he got demoted to a deputy commander because Altina was assigned to the post in their fotress. So the hero himself is ignoring Altina. In order to gain their trust Atina has to face Jérôme on one on one duel. Regis also shows his stratergy by taking down the bandits that the army has been struggling to catch

Volume 2 will continue right after the duel between Jérôme and Altina. After the outcome, the fortress gets attacked by the army of Savages/Barabarians. One of the guy who is like the leaders shows strength equal to Jérôme. He's not a King, but he's called Savage-King by the people who saw him. Regis once again uses his tactics to capture the Savage-King alive so they can talk to him. That's like the first half of volume 2.

Second half of volume 2 will be where Altina's army attacks a enemy's base which was said to be impossible.

Volume 3 doesnt actually have any battles because Altina gets called to the Imperial capital. Regis and several people goes with her. It explains and shows the situation within the Empire as well as the Princes of the Empire. So it explains how and why the noble favours a certain Prince as the next heir.

I would say that so far, Im not dissapointed at the plot at all. Regis isn't a lucky sukebe, but he does get popular with weird people. Heck even in volume 2......

Spoiler for v2:
Seriously!? And no developments with the princess?
Old 2013-08-24, 21:46   Link #25
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:

Spoiler for v2:
Holy, that's certainly the first I see that in LN. But it looks like the plot is going to be good. And there is no female soldier at all, other than the princess?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 05:18   Link #26
dragon1412

Quote:

Spoiler for v2:
seem worth it. sound similar to Aldebaran though.
Spoiler for trend:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 05:25   Link #27
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ooooh, someone's familiar with Aldebaran.

Aldebaran (聖剣の姫と神盟騎士団)'s got a touch more comedy and is less militaristic in scale than Altina, though.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:18   Link #28
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Ooooh, someone's familiar with Aldebaran.

Aldebaran (聖剣の姫と神盟騎士団)'s got a touch more comedy and is less militaristic in scale than Altina, though.
there's no need to write out the japanese name though. that's just a relative comparison, i only got hooked in military-type LN recently, and it gave out a similar vibe to aldebaran.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:19   Link #29
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I typed out the JP name for it because, from what I read somewhere, there was also another series with the name of Aldebaran. Didn't want to get it confused, in case you knew of it.

Speaking of Aldebaran, v3 comes out this October; same month with Altina 4! Yay!
Old 2013-08-25, 11:29   Link #30
dragon1412

come to think of it, there's a lot of military-type novel lately, most of those i familiar with is published about 1 - 2 years prior.
P.S : i'm getting "Masochistic Ecstasy" lol, the title is too awesome.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:32   Link #31
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It's finally getting its fair share of popularity, that's for sure. Unfortunately, so with the good comes the bad. Whatever you do, don't get 天翔虎の軍師 because its only good for facepalming once you finish it. It's nothing but a quick cash-in for the booming senki craze.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:55   Link #32
Kioras

Was a good read, more mature then a lot of the Light novel's that often get translated.

Just have to wait and see if a translator steps up to work on it, or will it stay as a teaser project.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 04:18   Link #33
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
P.S : i'm getting "Masochistic Ecstasy" lol, the title is too awesome.
Oh? But there's already a series for masochists! It's called Zero no Tsukaima. グヘヘヘ
Old 2013-08-26, 23:17   Link #34
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Oh? But there's already a series for masochists! It's called Zero no Tsukaima. グヘヘヘ
strange enough, i can't deny what you said.
Old 2013-08-27, 00:26   Link #35
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

TBH I'm getting a valkyria chronicles vibes on this series wherein male and female heroine have both the same similarities in terms on what they are doing. male will be the tactician and the female will be the front.

Anyways haven't thanked nom@n yet aka code-zero of b-t.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-08-31, 21:00   Link #36
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:

Spoiler for v2:
Your favorite fetish!

Weren't there kings that where into men? . I think that happened.
Old 2013-08-31, 22:37   Link #37
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Your favorite fetish!

as History dictated yes...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:34   Link #38
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Your favorite fetish!

yes and as a matter of fact, there is a huge amount of homo tendency back in 12-16 century, mainly in soldier and noble.
Old 2013-09-01, 10:35   Link #39
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
yes and as a matter of fact, there is a huge amount of homo tendency back in 12-16 century, mainly in soldier and noble.
I did not need to know that.
Old 2013-09-02, 21:39   Link #40
n0m@n
C-Z

Speaking of sexual preference there was a reverse harem in v3. A noble woman who has 3 husbands.....
So she needs to fill each of her hole at once huh.

Tags
famitsu bunko, fantasy, harem, light novel, politics, reverse harem, strategy