Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-26, 03:02   Link #41
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaine View Post
I don't understand either because I hate this MC. I can't smile.

I love Dark Fantasy. That being said, I just don't understand the appeal of these kinds of characters when cast in the role of protagonist. The MC would make a great villain but to follow him and similar characters on their journeys of evil... I just have no interest. I can't sympathize or cheer them on in any way. I'm always left wanting someone to foil these characters or for justice to be meted out in some manner.

Who exactly is the target audience here? People who derive pleasure from all sorts of wickedness that can't actually be carried out without consequence? Are these types of works representative of some outlet for frustration dialed up to the max?

Though I'm not going to root for a sociopathic serial killer in reality(I think most decent people would share my view on that), suddenly showing the same kind of evil in a fictitious setting doesn't actually change my feelings towards said actions/behavior. I simply can't find it amusing. I always find myself reading this kind of material with a cold heart hoping for the delivery of some much needed comeuppance.

I have a clear division of right and wrong, so when I'm confronted with a protagonist like the one in this story... There is no possible way to gloss over their moral shortcomings.

All that said, I can appreciate the story and how the characters acquire the title of 'Maou' and the like but it would be infinitely more palatable if there were a heroic figure as well. Someone to actually care about.
Well, sorry... I suppose? I personally enjoy it and I think my moral sensibility is pretty reasonable so I don't think being in the target audience makes me any more unstable than the next person. I'm sure most of the people enjoying the story aren't the types who revel in the suffering of others. Though I understand your disdain for such stories because I generally feel the same about darker stories and prefer lighter comedy or heroic stories but to each his own.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 05:43   Link #42
Stinkt

Quote:

I love Dark Fantasy. That being said, I just don't understand the appeal of these kinds of characters when cast in the role of protagonist. The MC would make a great villain but to follow him and similar characters on their journeys of evil... I just have no interest. I can't sympathize or cheer them on in any way. I'm always left wanting someone to foil these characters or for justice to be meted out in some manner.

Who exactly is the target audience here? People who derive pleasure from all sorts of wickedness that can't actually be carried out without consequence? Are these types of works representative of some outlet for frustration dialed up to the max?

Though I'm not going to root for a sociopathic serial killer in reality(I think most decent people would share my view on that), suddenly showing the same kind of evil in a fictitious setting doesn't actually change my feelings towards said actions/behavior. I simply can't find it amusing. I always find myself reading this kind of material with a cold heart hoping for the delivery of some much needed comeuppance.

I have a clear division of right and wrong, so when I'm confronted with a protagonist like the one in this story... There is no possible way to gloss over their moral shortcomings.

All that said, I can appreciate the story and how the characters acquire the title of 'Maou' and the like but it would be infinitely more palatable if there were a heroic figure as well. Someone to actually care about.
I think its better for you to stop reading this, cause so far i didnt read the MC having real troubles when doing bad things. The heroic figures got trashed...

WN/LN - Reading: Zhan Long • World Teacher • Arifureta • Legendary Moonlight Scupltor • Re:Monster • Suterareta Yuusha • Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan • Martial God Asura • Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi • Hisshou Dungeon • Risou no Himo Seikatsu • Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Dropped: Tate no Yuusha • Nejimaki Seirei Senki • Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha
Stinkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 06:13   Link #43
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Since we are talking about dark sexual themes.....

Here's an interview with the guy who started Fakku, the hentai site turned legitimate about the various types of Hentai and whether some of them are ok or not.
Old 2015-05-26, 08:35   Link #44
jpidz69
Not a Perv but an Artist.

Quote:

If you don't like it then go read another title..
jpidz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 11:38   Link #45
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

humm~ humm~
chapter 2 eng ver. is out~

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 12:15   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Also the 3rd chapter raw is out as well.
Spoiler for ch3 raw:
Old 2015-05-26, 12:38   Link #47
Stinkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Also the 3rd chapter raw is out as well.
Spoiler for ch3 raw:
Where? (pm)
comic-valk only shows ch1 and 2 to me.

Its so refreshing seeing Maou MC doing bad things...

WN/LN - Reading: Zhan Long • World Teacher • Arifureta • Legendary Moonlight Scupltor • Re:Monster • Suterareta Yuusha • Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan • Martial God Asura • Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi • Hisshou Dungeon • Risou no Himo Seikatsu • Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Dropped: Tate no Yuusha • Nejimaki Seirei Senki • Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha
Stinkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 19:36   Link #48
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

You can probably find the raw in various places on the internet but comic Valkyrie has a release for subscribers. They release a magazine with various stories like jump does online and in paperback. I think you have to be a subscriber to read it though. The individual story section gets updated at a later date I believe.

That was a nice little trick there that cute hero didn't stand a chance. Also I wasn't quite sure about the second set of villagers but

Spoiler for Villagers:

All in all the capture and manipulation of the hero was a cute, fun, and interesting couple of chapters ... My moral values are still firmly in place I swear!! >_<

Old 2015-05-28, 00:11   Link #49
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
If I had read a description of his actions in chapter 1 and 2 before reading them I would have never opened it out of fear of needing brain bleach to get rid of the feeling. However, I read it and liked it because while he does terrible things the presentation is not done in a manner that would make me rage (at least from the first two chapters which is all I've read)

On another note it is nice to finally see a Maou who isn't a "good guy" that had to do, easily excusable, bad things from a certain point of view. I mean this guy considers humanity his enemy and has given humans pretty good reason to feel the same way about him. The Maou being a nice guy in disguise was fun about the first 20 or so times and I still enjoy it when it's done well. Sometimes though I just wanna see a Maou be a Maou and do some real evil.
I get what you mean, you can enjoy the story without overly sick for what he´s doing and the fact he was not always like that helps a lot. When you want to create a good villian you don´t give him a fruedan excuse, when a creator wants to give life to someone truly terriffying you do it in a way that makes the reader/viewer feel that in those cicunstances he would have taken the same path a label mankind as worthless.

In this case the MC betrayed and I freel there is sometyhing more horrible behind it all. Other examples are like Magneto that after some quality time in a nazi concentration camp lost all faith in humans and I don´t blame the poor bastard.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 16:43   Link #50
darkofficer
just a devil

chapter 3 is also translated

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 21:15   Link #51
Daryl
Foliant

I'm liking this MC more and more. He's a pretty good schemer.
Old 2015-05-28, 22:44   Link #52
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I was told to believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. It seems that this is not cautious enough when dealing with a Maou. I still kind of think that those villagers had it coming because Lilu only spurred them to violence and her mind control doesn't seem to be able to force someone to do something that isn't already in their hearts. Which seems to imply that all the rage and blame they had towards Yunis was already there, it was just amplified. I found it amusing how he took all the evil on himself at the end there. In this manner it justifies to Yunis why she will be seeing him doing so much evil himself in the future, because he's just doing the evil so that others wont have to. This also gives her an excuse to do evil, because she wants to decrease his burden and make it so that he doesn't have to do everything himself. Of course this part is just speculation but it sets things up nicely for possible future encounters when Yunis takes part in evil acts as a fallen hero.

Old 2015-05-29, 00:59   Link #53
XFire
150% done

.................I'm okay with this, and I'm NOT okay with that
Old 2015-05-29, 01:50   Link #54
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
.................I'm okay with this, and I'm NOT okay with that
I'm sorry this riddle is too hard for me please tell me the meaning oh great sphinx

Old 2015-05-29, 02:00   Link #55
haseo0408

Quote:
I was told to believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. It seems that this is not cautious enough when dealing with a Maou. I still kind of think that those villagers had it coming because Lilu only spurred them to violence and her mind control doesn't seem to be able to force someone to do something that isn't already in their hearts. Which seems to imply that all the rage and blame they had towards Yunis was already there, it was just amplified. I found it amusing how he took all the evil on himself at the end there. In this manner it justifies to Yunis why she will be seeing him doing so much evil himself in the future, because he's just doing the evil so that others wont have to. This also gives her an excuse to do evil, because she wants to decrease his burden and make it so that he doesn't have to do everything himself. Of course this part is just speculation but it sets things up nicely for possible future encounters when Yunis takes part in evil acts as a fallen hero.
Ok this guy is a horrible human being, that being said, I´m starting to like this bastard, mainly because how crazy prepared he is for every situation. In this site called Tv Tropes I found a Guide for Evil Overlords which details what to do to win over the heros and I think Aur read the guide and added a cople hundred advices to the original 100 steps.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 04:05   Link #56
kaikalaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Ok this guy is a horrible human being, that being said, I´m starting to like this bastard, mainly because how crazy prepared he is for every situation. In this site called Tv Tropes I found a Guide for Evil Overlords which details what to do to win over the heros and I think Aur read the guide and added a cople hundred advices to the original 100 steps.
Can't really blame him entirely though if he was 'really' really been betrayed but still this is how they roll for revenge.

The way some parts were drawn funnily somehow lessen the darkness of the story for some reason.
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 04:16   Link #57
wuhugm
Confused Shark

oh no... the heroine princess was violated
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 04:38   Link #58
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
oh no... the heroine princess was violated
I'm curious as to how and if this will change her character. She looked like she was ready to send lots of people to hell before the Aur did it for her. Perhaps she will become something like a dark knight type character. I just hope she remains the cute and energetic type girl. She didn't seem to lose that quality after she was "violated." That may be due to the mental manipulation causing her to enjoy it though.

Old 2015-05-29, 05:40   Link #59
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
I'm curious as to how and if this will change her character. She looked like she was ready to send lots of people to hell before the Aur did it for her. Perhaps she will become something like a dark knight type character. I just hope she remains the cute and energetic type girl. She didn't seem to lose that quality after she was "violated." That may be due to the mental manipulation causing her to enjoy it though.
hehehe... For me I'm curious what the kingdom will do in retaliation for the "cruel fate" that was imposed on our little princess~

as for her future..... Cute and energetic while beheading intruders~ Yandere much?~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 06:30   Link #60
Velsy

Wow

Read the 3 chapters over the last few days and I find this very interesting. Its unique that we get to see some evil direction story. Finally a MC whos "legitly" fed up with humans and wants to build his own dungeon of nasties. I guess it might help that I been playing Dungeons 2 over the last 2 weeks, so maybe I've been in the mood of evil dungeons

I know theres probably lots of SJW's who are against this kinda thing like its something toxic. But for me, I am really interested how this story goes. Not many of these around that I know of. Hes willing to kill anyone without mercy that stands against him. Feels unique.

Really interested in how hes going to turn this goodie goodie hero, into a fallen hero who will defend his dungeon. Something like a chaotic wraithful (maybe twisted?) holy avenger would be nice ^_~. Hopefully in chapter 4, we get to see the results O_O

But theres been one thing bugging me.. They keep calling him a Maou. But he's not a Maou, hes a dark wizard like he calls himself. Two different things entirely. Still both can be powerful. He has to be a demon to be a Maou.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark comedy, dark fantasy, harem, mature content, scumbag lead, sex, smart male lead, succubus, true harem, villain protagonist