AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2007-09-05, 23:47   Link #61
sumowow

And theres Ploo from Rave Master also. XD
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 14:00   Link #62
Tiberium Wolf

OMG! Ch 53 to 55 were crazy. Spider guild castle - > Super mage giant phantom mk II. LOL
Old 2007-09-21, 16:42   Link #63
sumowow

Now i definately want to see this animated. OP character look-alikes, comedy, action, magic, guild vs. guild battles. Definately a must animate
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 21:31   Link #64
gencbiba

New chapters are out! Nice. I completely forgot to check.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 17:02   Link #65
mikoo
Banned

the girl with cowboy hat and green hair is mist gun ?

Last edited by mikoo; 2008-03-07 at 21:44.
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 09:00   Link #66
Geass
~Power of the King~

I have to say that I'd be very surprised if this didn't get an anime, it practically screams "animate me!".
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 06:15   Link #67
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
it will get animated. its just still early in its manga life.
Old 2007-11-08, 13:25   Link #68
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
yes, atl east 1 more year for this manga to be animated
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 23:11   Link #69
ellifeedn
Thinker

I started reading this recently and it is pretty good. I haven't considered RAVE before but now I will. After hearing about the connections to OP I will literally flip if there are cameos of the characters from that series.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 12:44   Link #70
ShikaShika
無罪

Now here are my thoughts on Fairy Tail, 67 chapters into it.

I have to say I really want to like this manga, because I love the art, there's a plentitude of interesting characters and it actually makes me laugh at times. However there are also some gripes I have with it. The main one, I've stated already in this thread:

There's no red thread running through Fairy Tail. Naruto is struggling to become the hokage, Luffy to become the pirate king, but what is driving Natsu? The search for Ignill is the only thning that comes to mind and even that has only been referenced about twice. And do we even know why he wants to find him? You don't really get a sense of continuity, it's just one short adventure after another that aren't related to eachother at all. What is this manga really about, besides a magic guild taking on missions? Aren't there any grander themes? The plot isn't really going anywhere, it's just mission after mission (or brawl) with seemingly no effect on the overall storyline (is there one?). Am I the only one who feels that way? At least the start of the latest arc seems to be related to the events of the last one, I hope that's a start.

A minor gripe is the character designs... of villains. While I love the character designs of all our herous, I can't say as much about the villains. Most of them seem taken from some poor sucker's LSD hallucinations. It's a shame because the main characters all look very good.

Anyway, just something I wanted off my chest. Does anyone agree with me on the first one? I tried voicing it before but people didn't seem to agree, or wanted to give the manga more time. It's been 67 chapters, shouldn't we be able to expect to know what the actual storyline is about? I mean, it's like reading One Piece without knowing why the crew is sailing to different places?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 13:30   Link #71
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Currently, Fairy Tail's 2 plotlines that seem to be grander than its usual stock is 'dissapearing dragons on 77777' along with whatever Sieglien is planning.

Otherwise, this seems to be just a story of the characters. We've already got Gray, Elfman and Mirajane, Lucy's half-way there, and it's implied Loki will be getting his arc soon. Natsu and Erza's seems to be a part of a grand plot, so theirs are most likely slower.

I agree that the continuity is weak, but it seems to be done that way on purpose. How it'll reflect later on the product is questionable, but at this point, it's not all that bad yet.

And the villains... well, I kinda like Sieglien, Gazille and the Gray-arc villains, but that's about it. Everyone else wasn't really inspiring. Fairy Tail's fast pacing is both its blessing and curse here, considering how Phantom was seemingly hyped to be equal to its best, but the end result and execution made Phantom looked like it was just half of Fairy Tail's full potential.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 20:44   Link #72
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Currently, Fairy Tail's 2 plotlines that seem to be grander than its usual stock is 'dissapearing dragons on 77777' along with whatever Sieglien is planning.

Otherwise, this seems to be just a story of the characters. We've already got Gray, Elfman and Mirajane, Lucy's half-way there, and it's implied Loki will be getting his arc soon. Natsu and Erza's seems to be a part of a grand plot, so theirs are most likely slower.

I agree that the continuity is weak, but it seems to be done that way on purpose. How it'll reflect later on the product is questionable, but at this point, it's not all that bad yet.

And the villains... well, I kinda like Sieglien, Gazille and the Gray-arc villains, but that's about it. Everyone else wasn't really inspiring. Fairy Tail's fast pacing is both its blessing and curse here, considering how Phantom was seemingly hyped to be equal to its best, but the end result and execution made Phantom looked like it was just half of Fairy Tail's full potential.
i agree w/ this guy. i really liked Gazille's character design. i was pretty dissapointed about phantom getting their ass kicked so fast, but i'd rather have a fast paced manga than those slow slow slow that takes months to resolve a battle co'naruto'ugh.

and phantom actually put up a really good fight. they managed to force the fairy tails to retreat and pushed them to a corner where they HAD to give it all they got.

as for the plot line, i actually like this random arcs. it gives the writer a chance to elaborate on his world. i'd like to see more stronger mages. hopefully more of Gazilles.
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 02:58   Link #73
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

I'll give you Sieglien, ad the other girl he hangs around with. Anyway, that was only a minor point.

But the plot point is really bugging me. The arcs are so disconnected that it feels like I could stop reading for 100 chapters and come back without having really missed anything but some random adventure. If you wanna take it to extremes I feel like I've basically been reading filler up to this point (quick arcs with no impact on the overall storyline), though well written.

Of course it begs the question, does a manga really need one long continuous storyline? Well, I guess for me it helps me focus on what the story is all about, but also on what the characters goals in life are. Even though as you said, we've had little glimpses of the backgrounds of some of the members in Fairy Tail, have we really found out what they want out of life?

The easy comparison is One Piece. Oda took the time to give all the characters goals and purposes and it just makes all their quite random adventures seem less random because you know they are all progressing towards their ultimate goal. Not so with Fairy Tail, do we even know the characters' ultimate goals? Natsu wants to find Ignill, but why? And then what? What about the rest of the characters?

I see so much potential in this manga as a grand shounen adventure, but the short interconnected arcs just feel a bit anticlimactic. Oh, I'm rambling again, I hope people can pick up my points from all this text.
Old 2007-12-14, 04:30   Link #74
Boduar

Im pretty sure besides wanting to find Ignill he also has the goal of becoming the strongest in Fairy Tail which means he has to power up until he gets those 2nd floor missions and then he will be on par and competiting with the top 3-4 and then eventually maybe with the guild master. He still has a long way to go though since atm hes barely at the top of the first floor.

Edit: AKA hopefully after the current arc he will be able to get those 2nd floor missions.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 04:59   Link #75
gencbiba

Well, considering there are a lot of harder missions that Natsu isn't even allowed to attempt and all the other dark guilds, the storyline is just hitting the surface.

You can even do a comparison with One Piece where the story really didn't "start" until the arc with Nami.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-12-15, 05:14   Link #76
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
You can even do a comparison with One Piece where the story really didn't "start" until the arc with Nami.
But we knew from the very first chapter who Luffy was and what his aim throughout the story would be... Thus also pretty much what the story would look like. In One Piece every new arc got the team past an obstacle on a journey towards their goals, but in Fairy Tail we're all back to square one after every arc, left wondering what this tale is really all about.

Right now I'm hoping for a Sieglien arc as soon as possible because it seems like that's where most of the story lies in Fairy Tail. Hey, maybe Lucy's father's involved somehow too, but not so likely perhaps...
Old 2007-12-16, 01:37   Link #77
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Yea, Natsu looks a lot like Luffy. Everyone has some sort of similarity with OP characters. That's probably one of the main reasons why I love this manga.
yah i agree when i first started reading this manga i was like whoa natsu looks just like luffy.

and lucy reminded of me of nami.

thier alot similarities of between natsu's and luffy personalities.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:39   Link #78
Hoji12

For people who love Fairy tail manga, and want more of it but can't wait for the next manga to get out. Just take a look at this:

http://fairytail.phpbbsite.com/

We made up an RP. But sicne it would of been too complicated to get cells on other boards, and would've take too much place, we did another forum, didicated only to the Role Play of fairy tail. At least just check it out
Hoji12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 14:11   Link #79
shaselai

I really don't mind that much about the plot or the storyline thus far. I mean every quest has been "meaningful" in discovering new powers or just some character storyline. We still don't know why Maryjane lost her powers yet and perhaps she can transform into powerful creatures but has lost that ability? I guess this is really kinda like Rave in terms of searching for "father" and then end up with a much bigger plotline. There are still quite a few dragon slayers left and it would be cool if they all join forces later to get their dragons - maybe Seniel is a dragon slayer himself! Bottom line is this, we want the mangaka to extend the storyline so we can get more of this then have him "get to the point" and end it much quickly..remember this is only chapter 67. Also I like the fact of the protagonist having a goal that is "attainable" in the sense that it is "not a dream" like becoming hokage or pirate king.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 09:34   Link #80
gencbiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
I really don't mind that much about the plot or the storyline thus far. I mean every quest has been "meaningful" in discovering new powers or just some character storyline. We still don't know why Maryjane lost her powers yet and perhaps she can transform into powerful creatures but has lost that ability? I guess this is really kinda like Rave in terms of searching for "father" and then end up with a much bigger plotline. There are still quite a few dragon slayers left and it would be cool if they all join forces later to get their dragons - maybe Seniel is a dragon slayer himself! Bottom line is this, we want the mangaka to extend the storyline so we can get more of this then have him "get to the point" and end it much quickly..remember this is only chapter 67. Also I like the fact of the protagonist having a goal that is "attainable" in the sense that it is "not a dream" like becoming hokage or pirate king.

Maybe it will come out that as Natsu searches for his dragon, he finds out why all the dragons disappeared and if anybody was responsible for it.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen