AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 73 57.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 11.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-07, 13:37   Link #281
Juvyniled

Well... I suppose there's no big difference in bad translation and misleading information is there? Great controversy, no?
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 16:03   Link #282
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
So the order in the previous episode was to live... Does this mean Suzaku is immortal(CC-like) now?
One of the rules is that the person Geass is used on cannot do anything that is not within there physical or mental abilities to do. So no. I remember him trying to get somebody to recall something they did not know and it didn't work.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 17:27   Link #283
JediNight
キズランダム

This is Suzaku we're talking about here -- he can run sideways along walls and dodge machinegun fire ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 17:51   Link #284
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lulu's order telling suzaku to survive/live...i wonder if it will stick as something permanent or just for that time one off...i suppose because lulu didnt say anything about canceling it that order might actually be fixed to suzaku's head...mean if the situation calls for it his instincts will start to trigger again...= more WTF stunts?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 17:53   Link #285
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, it was announced that the reason behind the wall run shall be explained in the future.
Old 2007-03-07, 18:54   Link #286
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
She never said that...

Someone else posted a screenshot of horrible mis-translation of another scene in the spoiler thread too.
I don't know much about Code Geass fansubs, but the impression I get from all this is, there's a fansub out there with bad translation,
and it's causing confusion among audiences.

It's not the first time I noticed trend of strangely confused comments coming out right after fansubs started going around.

Ah, so my hunch is right.
Whoever fansubbed the episode doesn't seem to understand Japanese very well... those are not the said dialog.

The second line goes like this.

「カレンまであの島に…? 趣味が悪いな! 観察者を気取って」
"...Karen is also on that island? How tasteless of you... pretending to be just an observer."

The scene where Lloyd and Schneizel are inspecting the excavated ruins is also way off, and was making up words to fill in where the translator didn't seem to understand. Check the spoiler thread for details.

I'm curious now... who the heck is responsible for these scripts?
If it comes from the same source, I'm wanna suggest you stay away from their future translation works....
Thats interesting if the translation is wrong that means the whole conversation C.C. had was neither here or there it doesnt really mean or makes a difference in th story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
lulu's order telling suzaku to survive/live...i wonder if it will stick as something permanent or just for that time one off...i suppose because lulu didnt say anything about canceling it that order might actually be fixed to suzaku's head...mean if the situation calls for it his instincts will start to trigger again...= more WTF stunts?
Suzaku already has strong survivals skills to rival that of a cockroach. The only result i can see the Geass having is intensifying it. which means if he ever gets another order like he did in episode 19 to sacrifice himself the Geass will kick in not allowing him too since Zero, told him to survive. This all depends on weather the Geass wears off or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well, it was announced that the reason behind the wall run shall be explained in the future.
Oh I cant wait to hear this i think i either just got goose bumps or i became very very afraid all of a sudden
Old 2007-03-07, 20:42   Link #287
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
One of the rules is that the person Geass is used on cannot do anything that is not within there physical or mental abilities to do. So no. I remember him trying to get somebody to recall something they did not know and it didn't work.
That's a slightly different thing, Geass can't whip out the information out of nowhere. But what if it can imbue the recipient with some of it's other abilities if they are needed to fullfill the order?
It's not very likely(actually I was half joking), but it's still possible.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 23:00   Link #288
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
That's a slightly different thing, Geass can't whip out the information out of nowhere. But what if it can imbue the recipient with some of it's other abilities if they are needed to fullfill the order?
It's not very likely(actually I was half joking), but it's still possible.
It's been stated that it can't enhance a person's physical abilities beyond what they can do. Since Suzaku is a phyiscally fit teenager its conceivable that he might be able to do a wall run if ordered too. But Say Lelouche asked Kallen to fly to the store to get him some Ice Cream, since Kallen can't fly its a no go. If Lelouche ordered Nunally to walk again, she couldn't do it because her legs are shot. Now if he asked her to see again it might be possible since the sight issue is a result of psychological trauma.Whether she actually needs to be able to see the Geass in his eye I don't know, that might very well be what is keeping him from curing his sisters blindness.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 23:06   Link #289
Juvyniled

... although, one may wonder to what extent people will attempt the 'orders' they are given? It might be dangerous if you think about it, say if Lelouch gave Nunnally the order to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Whether she actually needs to be able to see the Geass in his eye I don't know, that might very well be what is keeping him from curing his sisters blindness.
Sounds very very likely. I didn't think of that possibility (mostly forgot that Nunnally was blind because of the trauma).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 00:31   Link #290
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The final scene in the new opening would make a pretty slick wallpaper or sig. The one with officers from the Order of the Black Knights up front with the rest of the knights in the back round wearing all black.
Old 2007-03-08, 00:42   Link #291
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
If you think about it any 4 year old would have hard time dealing with having their mother been kill in front of them. I am sure she scare to ever open hair eyes. Maybe toward the end of the series she will final open her for one of two reason. She finally feel safe or it to save Lelouch in some way.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 03:01   Link #292
monkymeet

I wonder when that cute girl with the headband from the OP is going to show up..
monkymeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 13:27   Link #293
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
If you think about it any 4 year old would have hard time dealing with having their mother been kill in front of them. I am sure she scare to ever open hair eyes. Maybe toward the end of the series she will final open her for one of two reason. She finally feel safe or it to save Lelouch in some way.
I agree having to witness her mothers gruesome death at such a young age would most definitely leave emotional scaring that would manifest as physical aliments. My thought is the same as yours before she heals physically she has to heal mentally first and feeling secure would be one of the first steps
Old 2007-03-08, 13:31   Link #294
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well...
Spoiler:

Not that it means anything for the anime, though... -_o