AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-09-05, 16:30   Link #61
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well Bokura Ga Ita manga series is still going on, there hasn't been a conclusion yet from what I know its up to Volume 13?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 18:49   Link #62
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well Bokura Ga Ita manga series is still going on, there hasn't been a conclusion yet from what I know its up to Volume 13?
Volume 12 just came out!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 05:19   Link #63
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

it lovely complex and romeo X juliet
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 22:16   Link #64
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

For me....

1. Suzuka
2. Tsubasa Reservoir (although it's not ended yet)
3. Ai Yori Aoshi
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 23:53   Link #65
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
In no particular order, my own choices would be:
  1. Ai Yori Aoshi - Yeah, its a harem comedy, but once you look past that there is a very nice romance story between the two main characters.
I agree that this show had a very strong romance story between two characters. However, I don't thin that it was between the two main characters, but rather between Tina and Kaoru. IMO, the sporadic romantic tension between them was much more intriguing and compelling than the romance between Aoi and Kaoru, which seemed to lack any chemistry and felt forced at times. However, I will second Ai Yori Aoshi, as I personally enjoyed it.

My own personal suggestions for this thread are:
Koi Kaze - maturely handles a taboo subject (incest) while making you believe that a romance between brother and sister could work, and making you root for said romance w/out feeling like a disgusting freak

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - plays out like a live action drama show instead of an anime. You really will feel for these characters.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - Kinda like the former, but better paced, well balanced (between comedy, romance, and drama scenes), and less depressing. One of my favorites.

Love Hina - It has its faults, but I think that out of all the romance animes I've seen, I haven't enjoyed any anime more than this one.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 00:05   Link #66
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Looking at my top ten, I would say that Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal are my top ones. KgNE I love because it's pretty realistic with its route instead of having a win-win situation that makes everyone happy. CCS is just a great mix of romance, comedy, and adventure that will keep you watching and watching. The Kenshin OVA is probably one of the best mix of action and romance/drama, and it was just touching as a whole.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 00:43   Link #67
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Tsubasa Chronicles
Syaoran's devotion is utterly amazing. Sacrificing himself for Sakura while expecting nothing back.
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 09:11   Link #68
Nk_Rizel

It would be

Chobits
Ai Yori Aoshi
Midori No Hibi
Lamune
Kimi Ga Nozumo Eien
Lovely Complex
Pretear
To Heart 2
Nk_Rizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 20:24   Link #69
~ Lawliet ~

Kanon 2006 as well as Air Tv are most definitly favorites of mine. Although there are many more I could be listing.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 06:40   Link #70
wontaek

For some reason, there has not been anime series centered around a romantic relation that has moved me like some movies or theater plays, despite the fact that I probably watched 10 times as many anime series compared to movies and plays.
Old 2007-11-14, 13:14   Link #71
Ashlotte
Clockwork

KGNE by a fair margin. I can list a whole lot of romance series that i've enjoyed, but if anyone asks me whats the best for me it that one.

The brilliant build up of normalcy in the first 2 episodes only to have it crashing down drew me in and never let go. Still make time to rewatch it once a year.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 01:08   Link #72
Ultenth

Personally my favorite romances at the moment are Kanon 2006 for harem, LovCom for comedy, and Bokura Ga Ita for drama.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 03:50   Link #73
Honey_and_Cleaver

Erementer Gerad, Kimikiss pure rouge,Nanatsuiro Drops,Midori no hibi,Full Metal Panic, more i cant remember..
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 04:09   Link #74
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Kanon... by far.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 05:07   Link #75
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

it Hana yori Dango really wonderful anime.....I love It.....
Old 2007-11-15, 05:17   Link #76
Crucius

kanon and shuffle!
Crucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 05:31   Link #77
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucius View Post
kanon and shuffle!
Personally I hated Shuffle!, it was the perfect example of a stereotypical harem anime with just about every single possible boring formula used, including the main character that astoundingly attracts oodles of hot women simple because he's "nice" and not for any real reason. It's fine if you want to watch it just to oogle the 2d girls I guess, but the actual romance element is pretty thin I thought. But to each their own right?
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 06:04   Link #78
-PoLLuX-
死体。。。上手にうめられた?
*Graphic Designer

Although I haven't seen much romance anime, I really think Fate/ Stay Night is a good mix of romance and action, especially on the second half of the series. For people looking for romance anime I wouldn't really recommend Elfen Lied although its a good anime.
-PoLLuX- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 12:08   Link #79
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

I dont think harem animes are good for "romance" animes -_-. I watched some harems just for comedy and amusement. Devotion is to one person, not a group. If the main character likes all of the girls like in all harem animes and has to choose one....then its not exactly "love", but for sexual relations. Im kinda fustrated that just about all animes show guys as courageous, intelligent, and someone to look up to. Animes does depict female characters having such characteristics, but instead of showing, its more like telling and not really praisable.
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 15:27   Link #80
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
I dont think harem animes are good for "romance" animes -_-. I watched some harems just for comedy and amusement. Devotion is to one person, not a group. If the main character likes all of the girls like in all harem animes and has to choose one....then its not exactly "love", but for sexual relations. Im kinda fustrated that just about all animes show guys as courageous, intelligent, and someone to look up to. Animes does depict female characters having such characteristics, but instead of showing, its more like telling and not really praisable.
yes yes,i agree with all this kinds of statement,
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, anime