AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-12-30, 23:04   Link #1
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Mayoi Neko Overrun! [Light Novel]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The shounen(boy's) light novel series Mayoi Neko Overun! by Matsu Tomohiro (author) and Peko (illustrator) will be getting animated:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20091114

迷い猫オーバーラン!
Mayoi Neko Overun!

少年向け小説(ライトノベル).
Shounen light novel series (light novel series for boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Super Dash Bunko.
Currently there are 7 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Matsu Tomohiro
Illustrator: Peko

Super Dash Bunko's page for the light novel series:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-mayoineko/

A shounen manga adaptation of this shounen light novel series will be serialized in the shounen manga magazine Jump Square.

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Romance
well didn't see a manga thread so swiped NeoSam's anime post to get the ball rolling since the first manga chapter is out now.
Yabuki Kentaro is the artist behind the manga adaptation.

Little summary of the story
Quote:
This is the story of Takumi, the little brother of the owner of the patisserie called "Stray Cats", and all of the "Stray Cats" (cats, girls, catgirls) that seem to gather around hi
m.

I very much enjoy how it starts out, even tho we have the usual shenanigans of this type of series, still very enjoyable.
Will be keeping with this as I love Yabuki's style
Old 2009-12-31, 01:01   Link #2
Wrath88
Kissing...

Mikan and Celine appear in a cameo, lol. The question I have about this series is that while there's the Stray Cats theme, why is the ojou-sama (girl on cover no. 2) included?

Oh wait, it'll all be revealed eventually.
Old 2009-12-31, 03:54   Link #3
Jze0
Hmmm...

Was kind of surprised to heard that this was drawn by Yabuki Kentaro considering he was having alot of personal problems but when I looked at the art, it was definitely his work. Read the first chapter and I thought it was kind of interesting. The girls are pretty cute so for the moment thats enough to keep me reading, plus expect alot of ecchi to come.

Btw, loved the Mikan, Celine, and Magical girl Kyouko cameos.

Last edited by Jze0; 2010-01-03 at 04:06.
Jze0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 21:43   Link #4
Isekaijin

Feeling bad vibes. Seems the author won't forget about To Love Ru that easily...

Plot this time, please!
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 22:09   Link #5
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Feeling bad vibes. Seems the author won't forget about To Love Ru that easily...

Plot this time, please!
if rito had chosen yui/lala that would have made for decent plot/character development. but alas, this is like 5 times more ecchi than tlr so my thumbs are up
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 22:14   Link #6
babohtea

From the get-go this seems like it'll have more plot than To Love-Ru.

I like his art, but I dislike excessive fanservice. I also loath To Love-Ru with a passion. However, this manga is based off a Light Novel which by definition has no fan service (or significantly less than a manga) and must have a plot line. Furthermore, the plot line should be marginally good seeing as its getting a manga adaption.

That being said, I'm willing to give this a try.

---

Edit: Yabuki was only the illustrator of To-Love-Ru. So this should have a storyline.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 00:59   Link #7
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
if rito had chosen yui/lala that would have made for decent plot/character development. but alas, this is like 5 times more ecchi than tlr so my thumbs are up
Ok, I usually loathe To love ru as well, Over 150 damn chapters and he is still Afraid to come out of the closet, if you catch my drift. Even tho his young, he is Still not used to see breasts and woohoo's around him, yet he is Probably the same as Tsukune (Anime Version).

I don't mind the Ecchi in this Manga, hopefully it has a more satisfying ending then the ones like I DUNNO... To love ru...
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 01:58   Link #8
Xion Valkyrie

I found the first chapter to be very cute and funny. Looking forward to the rest ^^

Also, moe overload~
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 03:16   Link #9
lightbringer
M9000

I was hoping Yabuki-sensei would pick up Black Cat again, since he previously said he wants to do a "part two" eventually, but this isn't so bad for now. The art is, of course, very good as usual. The back-story is a bit more interesting than your average harem show, though I'm not holding my breath, but then I don't think Yabuki-sensei would necessarily come up with something better if he were to do it himself. Funny that we get cameos from the get-go, but that's just part of his style. I kind of consider all of his works to be in the same or parallel universes.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 08:00   Link #10
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Two words. Fumino wins.

No, this isn't a spoiler; this is common sense.

The male character does seem a lot more together than many harem protagonists out there. Going from the first chapter alone he's not shy about who he cares about, nor particularly dense. This means that if they're going to have a convincing harem with plausible "competition," the "romance" with the other girls has to be really good.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath either. Harems have a way of failing that is unique to their particular species. And this one looks like it'll eventually be bigger than three (going by the covers of the light novel), which generally translates to less attention to individual characters [see To-LOVE-Ru for an egregious example].
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 08:30   Link #11
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Two words. Fumino wins.

No, this isn't a spoiler; this is common sense.

The male character does seem a lot more together than many harem protagonists out there. Going from the first chapter alone he's not shy about who he cares about, nor particularly dense. This means that if they're going to have a convincing harem with plausible "competition," the "romance" with the other girls has to be really good.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath either. Harems have a way of failing that is unique to their particular species. And this one looks like it'll eventually be bigger than three (going by the covers of the light novel), which generally translates to less attention to individual characters [see To-LOVE-Ru for an egregious example].
Well this is also greatly forshadowed in the plast page where he talks in past tense about adding Noizomi into their stray cat group implying that there will be more.

Honestly there won't be any real development with this manga, and most likely it will be a dose of fanserverice/slapstick and even if you had real development with Fumino any attempt to further their relationship would pretty much destroy any tension with the other characters making them pretty much useless. So if there is a love story it will be one that moves slower than a snail, so yea totally agree with your analysis. Hope the jokes are atleast funny.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 03:14   Link #12
SonicSpeed

So do anyone know when it's coming out ?
SonicSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 04:04   Link #13
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, I've seen neither the RAW nor scanlation, but I'm picking it up because it sounds like it might carry on some elements of TLR (BTW, am I one of the few here who liked that series? Mostly for the laid-back feel it gave off... perhaps going nowhere in storyline, but that's a break for me from all the dark and heavy stuff I'm reading)

and despite being many, many pages in length, I think I'll even see what I can read off the RAW and see how close I was with the scan (trying to find a series to practice my Japanese with, and this is now in contention)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 04:10   Link #14
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

First chapter scan's been out for a while, actually. When in doubt, link mangaupdates. It usually has up-to-date information about scanlations, released volumes in Japan, links to scanlators' sites, etc.

Last edited by Solace; 2010-01-03 at 04:48. Reason: Don't link to licensed content.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 09:11   Link #15
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Yeah...even google would probably tell you that much, it has been out for a while, though I don't think that's what he meant.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2010-01-03 at 09:27.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 01:16   Link #16
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Yeah... I did a quick search on onemanga, and found the series already scanlated

what I meant was that I was going to take a stab at the series, and see how close I come compared to the scanlation that's been released

Old 2010-01-04, 02:28   Link #17
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Well the promise for plot is much better (read translated ch 1). Fumino is your typical tsundere, but the interesting change here is that Takumi, the male lead, "knows her language" so to speak, so it's cute to see him know how to interpret her tsun and do or say what she's asking really for.
Old 2010-01-04, 10:55   Link #18
Xagzan

Since this apparently takes place in the same world as TLR, and I assume after it too, it'd be nice to see some other cameos in the future. Like seeing Rito and finding out what's up with him and his harem. Or Yui having a quick cameo with Fumino in a collision of the tsunderes.

Aside from that, I liked the first chapter just fine. The only thing I didn't really buy was that it only took 1 day or so for Takumi to consider Nozomi as family. I just thought that was rushing it, but no harm done really. Sucks that we have to wait for March for the next chapter.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 14:03   Link #19
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Is that the March issue, or the actual month? If it's the March Issue, then we'll see it in February

Old 2010-01-04, 15:17   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Well the promise for plot is much better (read translated ch 1). Fumino is your typical tsundere, but the interesting change here is that Takumi, the male lead, "knows her language" so to speak, so it's cute to see him know how to interpret her tsun and do or say what she's asking really for.
I love this fact also, its actually a time where we get to see 2 childhood friends that know the little stuff about each other.
I'm totally leaning towards Fumino, she's just soooooo adorable with her tsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Is that the March issue, or the actual month? If it's the March Issue, then we'll see it in February
I believe its the March issue so yea should see something around Feb

Tags
romance, shounen