AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 05:58   Link #81
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Actually, making a manchurian film ala Naruto can be bearable as the setting is open to cheesiness. Bleach with its distant use of modern Japan and feudal era is not. Naruto does not have two separated worlds. Everything is mixed in the same world so it s funkier to see ninjas next to telephones and computers. Bleach on the other hand is not like that. The backdrop can only be a modern city or a forbidden city-like place. Not eye-catchy enough. Even the outfits are boring. Either normal clothes of today or black kimonos/bath robes.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 06:25   Link #82
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
...You realise we've all been saying pretty much the same thing.
No, not really. People are bitching about this as if Bleach is to good for Hollywood, it's not.

People can cry all they want about how Hollywood is bad, in the end most of the movies that you watch are produced by them. Only because they fucked up some great original story's doesn't mean they can't do anything good.

Hollywood is still a good industry, don't get distracted by the crap surrounding it.
Old 2010-04-02, 08:38   Link #83
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
No, not really. People are bitching about this as if Bleach is to good for Hollywood, it's not.
Erm, no we haven't actually. We said Hollywood would fuck it up even more, but we never said Bleach was good potential to begin with, so i don't know here you've got that from.

Quote:
People can cry all they want about how Hollywood is bad, in the end most of the movies that you watch are produced by them. Only because they fucked up some great original story's doesn't mean they can't do anything good.

Hollywood is still a good industry, don't get distracted by the crap surrounding it.
That just doesn't make any sense. What does most films we see coming out of Hollywood make a difference? Even if Hollywood can make a decent adaption out of it, and even if they do mostly make good films, the likelyhood is still that they won't. Bleach much less well known compared to Dragonball and look how that turned out. Most adaptions from other media have a tendancy to bastardize the original material no matter what they do.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-02 at 09:54.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 13:24   Link #84
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
That just doesn't make any sense. What does most films we see coming out of Hollywood make a difference? Even if Hollywood can make a decent adaption out of it, and even if they do mostly make good films, the likelyhood is still that they won't. Bleach much less well known compared to Dragonball and look how that turned out. Most adaptions from other media have a tendancy to bastardize the original material no matter what they do.
This is what I mean, there so little information about this project, don't know who is directing, don't know the writers, no idea about the cast, hell you don't even know if this is actually going to happen, but you have already decided that it's going to be like Dragonball Z because well..F*ck it's Hollywood! ...Just F*cking wait until there is more information. If they go with someone like Uwe Boll, then we'll bitch about it together.

Anyway, as i told earlier, Hollywood has f*ck'd up some really good stuff, but give them a chance. They produce a lot of good stuff that people actually watch. It is possible to make a good movie based on Bleach, so give them a chance.
Old 2010-04-02, 14:09   Link #85
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
This is what I mean, there so little information about this project, don't know who is directing, don't know the writers, no idea about the cast, hell you don't even know if this is actually going to happen, but you have already decided that it's going to be like Dragonball Z because well..F*ck it's Hollywood! ...Just F*cking wait until there is more information. If they go with someone like Uwe Boll, then we'll bitch about it together.

Anyway, as i told earlier, Hollywood has f*ck'd up some really good stuff, but give them a chance. They produce a lot of good stuff that people actually watch. It is possible to make a good movie based on Bleach, so give them a chance.
We're not bitching. We're joking around. Key difference there.

We haven't decided anything. That's simply our expectations for now. No need to take everything so literally.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:15   Link #86
roriconfan
Banned

It may be bias to already have bad expectations about it. Yet biases are usually made after a long line of similar events.

The only good adaptation I know of is Silent Hill. That was a good game and a good story to make something out of it.

Bleach does not have much of a story and it got quite infamous. What will they do, make it better than the original?

Thus the bias...
Old 2010-04-02, 16:25   Link #87
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Seeing as kubo and the anime team manage to screw up Bleach enough already, its not that biased to assume that Hollywood will continue their trend of butchering other people's work.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:44   Link #88
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

What Haak is trying to say is this Hollywood has never been good with adaptations . The people who are handling the project have little or no understanding of the subject matter . The actor chosen hardly reference the original material . Also as anime and manga are long running, a movie is maximum 3 hours . So either they end up bastardizing the plot or packing too much into 2/3 hours

I am basing this matter on fact, Vanilla Sky (Abre los Ojos) Wicker Park (L'Appartement) Grudge (Ju On) The Uninvited (Janghwa, Hongryeon) One Missed Call (Chakushin Ari) and Dark Water (Honogurai mizu no Soko Kara) These movies adaptation were pure mockery compared to there counterparts
Old 2010-04-02, 19:33   Link #89
Langus
Optimus Prime

Good point, but Wicker Park was still one of my favourite movies the year it was released.

And I know it's comic books and not manga, but I also thought Ironman was really well done ocmpared to others (like Xmen or Spiderman).

Depending on the director, script and cast that Bleach movie has the potential to at least be entertaining, if not amazing.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:23   Link #90
Socke
Banned

If Frank Miller direct this movie, it will made mostly with blue screens.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:36   Link #91
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
This is a little off subject, but I was looking up a movie Leonardo DiCaprio is gonna star in later this year (Inception) and under his filmography on IMDB.com there was a movie that is in development called Akira..... say it aint so DiCaprio....say it aint so.......
Old 2010-04-03, 08:46   Link #92
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Instead of paying KT royalties they would be better off taking him as a consultant . What would make the movie really swell is taking Masashi Kudo as executive director .

Quote:
But Wicker Park was still one of my favorite movies the year it was released.
Yeah I too loved Wicker Park, but L'Appartement is much better IMHO . The plot is far less convoluted .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-04-03 at 08:57.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:53   Link #93
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socke View Post
If Frank Miller direct this movie, it will made mostly with blue screens.
Spoiler for some sweet blue screen action:
Kookee2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 14:12   Link #94
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Was watching this martial arts movie called The Storm Warriors yesterday . Basically a mish-mash of DB/LOR/CTHDragon . But the opening sequence made me think this is how Senbonzakura would look , the Senkei part . I hope they use similar CG for the movie .

Old 2010-04-06, 11:04   Link #95
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Christ, I really need to start getting back to watching more Honk Kong kung fu flicks...
Old 2010-04-06, 12:43   Link #96
roriconfan
Banned

If a movie looks like Bleach, this is the one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Res...282006_film%29

It takes place in Midheaven and anyone dying there becomes stardust, lol. Nice flick for Bleachtards, the similarities are striking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXVNZqKd_Bo
Old 2010-04-06, 17:30   Link #97
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
If a movie looks like Bleach, this is the one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Res...282006_film%29

It takes place in Midheaven and anyone dying there becomes stardust, lol. Nice flick for Bleachtards, the similarities are striking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXVNZqKd_Bo
U know .. that actually looks pretty decent.

As far as bleach getting Animated... I think "Facepalm" is a major overstatement. If the anime series sucks as much as it already does I can imagine the live action movie will be the most Epic Fail since DragonBall (the live action movie)

I'd still watch it tho.... just to laugh my ass off....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 19:20   Link #98
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
U know .. that actually looks pretty decent.
Oh, with the symbolisms and allusions it had it was very good for a Manchurian action flick.

...Oh crap, I just said it is nothing like Bleach...
Old 2010-04-06, 23:38   Link #99
Mr. E

*facepalm*

It will be terrible. One day a good movie adaptation of an anime will be made, it will make a lot of money, and then it will finally get the treatment it deserves (much like what happened to comic books). Unfortunately, I can't see this being it.

At least it is WB and not Fox though. There is a little hope there, as I think that they are more keen to exposing audiences to more underground source material than other studios).
Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 02:29   Link #100
roriconfan
Banned

^ I place more hopes on the upcoming NGE or BA Alita or even Akira than this movie to do all that.