AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Which KGNE girl would you want to date/marry?
Haruka: She's nice and sweet 52 39.69%
Mitsuki: I like direct girls that need care 47 35.88%
Akane: A good mix between Haruka and Mitsuki 61 46.56%
Amakawa: A cute little nurse is nice 5 3.82%
Fumio: I like experienced women 9 6.87%
Manami: ... uh.... 3 2.29%
Ayu: I love rich weird girls that always say 'go step on cat s*it' 17 12.98%
Mayu^2: I have lolita complex 9 6.87%
Miki: Not in the anime, but she seems sweet 11 8.40%
Motoko sensei: She's a doctor, and plus I get to drive her Lambo!! 8 6.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-12, 04:51   Link #81
NinjaServ

hmm... sorry to hear that, I understand the stress well, I hope everything works out for you well.

BTW, I am a bit headstrong, but I only intend for good, please just overlook my blockheadness, but I did never intend to say "HAH, I AM GOOD, U R BAD, U NEED TO BE LIKE ME !!!" but I do understand the fact that a lot of the people that choose the lifestyle I have DO do that, and I would like to take this moment to appologize for them because they are stupid, as you can see, we are not ALL like that
Old 2003-12-12, 05:00   Link #82
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
hmm... sorry to hear that, I understand the stress well, I hope everything works out for you well.

BTW, I am a bit headstrong, but I only intend for good, please just overlook my blockheadness, but I did never intend to say "HAH, I AM GOOD, U R BAD, U NEED TO BE LIKE ME !!!" but I do understand the fact that a lot of the people that choose the lifestyle I have DO do that, and I would like to take this moment to appologize for them because they are stupid, as you can see, we are not ALL like that

Dont worry......i got this dummb thing about overprotecting things at times
like ppl piss me off when they kill poor little ants or spiders, things like that, cuss they consider themselves superior they crush others.....so i also missjudged you, so i guess its all good know, to get to know each other in a more moral way.

OMG!!!!!!! about 48 more hours till ep 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WUAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<!
Old 2003-12-12, 06:12   Link #83
Jinx626
Yo!!

I voted for the BIG three: Haruka, Mitsuki, and Akane...
Old 2003-12-12, 07:35   Link #84
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Ahhh.. lot's of flaming.. Everyone has their own different beliefs.. Eh.. Doesn't really matter.

Personally, I don't think Haruka or Mitsuki are whores.. And I believe sex is a very natural thing. If you love someone, I don't see whats wrong with wanting to be one with them.

Anywho.. The red haired nurse is hot but I don't know anything about her personality.. So I would still date/marry either Mitsuki or Ayu. ^_^ Can't decide between them yet.. ^^;
Old 2003-12-12, 08:03   Link #85
Tboz

I kinda respect NinjaServ for his principles and can relate to that, obviously who doesn't want to marry a virgin? Keeping yourself clean even says more of how much he really believe in that.

I hope to have a virgin for a wife too, but realistically speaking, virgins are kind of rare nowadays. If he/she is not your true love or the relationship started in your late 20s or above, its very rare. Some unmarried middle-age man in my country have even started "importing" wifes from overseas country just so they can marry a virgin.

If I meet someone who isn't a virgin and I have decided to be with her, I won't mind as well. If she is a loose woman who sleeps around, I probably won't want to start with her at all. Still, it depends... I am not a prophet and I don't have an iron will.
Old 2003-12-12, 09:46   Link #86
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Heh... Virgin complex....
Personally I dislike virgin complex, it's all about double standard, but I am not going there, since this now is a huge digression of the topic
Old 2003-12-12, 12:00   Link #87
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Wow, quite a clashing of cultures and a mutation from characters bashing to personal attacks. I have to say NinjaServ have my respect for his principal. It's very rare nowadays to see one who follows such principal (and even more so rare if it's a male.) When I think of teens having sex, I think of the numerous babies that they accidentally 'produce' during the process and don't have the ability to raise them but have to depend on others. I'm sure my tax dollars are going somewhere in that direction. Just for the moment of fun eh... I just pity their poor parents.

However it's quite harsh to call those characters 'whores'. They're just 'young' and 'emotional' so that makes it all the more understandable for them to do what they did.

Grifis
Old 2003-12-12, 14:56   Link #88
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Mitsuki Kinda acts like an Aquarius...

I chose Mitsuki, not because "I like direct girls that need care" but she seems to be a good match for an Aquarius.

Old 2003-12-12, 15:19   Link #89
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
I just pity their poor parents.

However it's quite harsh to call those characters 'whores'. They're just 'young' and 'emotional' so that makes it all the more understandable for them to do what they did.

Grifis
Just for fun, I'll chip in my few cents.
(Although with all the revaluation of the Cdn$, less people will want my cents [I think]... Guess appreciation isn't that good a thing...)

Shouldn't we also pity the children that get born into families that aren't ready for them?

As much as I think it's hard for the parents, bottom line is that they did not weigh the pros and cons properly.

With the amount of sex ed that's being taught to people (compared to the 'old days'), adolescents should be more aware and knowledgable about what they are getting into.

Now, I'm not saying that we should ban pre-marital sex, but doesn't it seem that sex is becoming just a 'little' too casual?

(Now, I know many will disagree, but the above is just my stand.)

Back onto topic.

So... Mitsuki sleeping with Shinji wouldn't really be too 'whorish'/'slutty'... but it's an apparent display of her lack of control, and also the inability to consider the consequences.

Now... the conclusion of my post amounted to basically nothing...

Mitsuki sleeping with Shinji is not 'whoring' (in my opinion)... but it was definately a display of unfaithfulness.... and I'm expecting her to pay the consequences of her loss of control.

Old 2003-12-12, 15:25   Link #90
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshiba

Anywho.. The red haired nurse is hot but I don't know anything about her personality.. So I would still date/marry either Mitsuki or Ayu. ^_^ Can't decide between them yet.. ^^;

^^

The red haired nurse is probably the most experienced girl in the group... and she doesn't seem to be looking for a long term relationship.

(At least that's the impression that I got from the game.)

P.S.

Just out of curiousity... if it doesn't offend you:

[tbu] kei kusanagi, how come you chose EVERYONE?
Old 2003-12-12, 15:47   Link #91
wireless
Regular Lurker

well like in all the votes we've had, Haruka and Mitsuki are tied
Mitsuki is just hot, her integrity is not as strong as Haruka's or Akane's. plus she is too paranoid. as for the sex thing, the only thing she will have done wrong is have sex with shinji (IF she does).
but, its not worth defending mitsuki over this, after all this poll is a matter of preference, any possible bias / morals / preconceptions can apply
Old 2003-12-12, 17:48   Link #92
TheBlueOne
Da da da di da da da

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
Personally I dislike virgin complex, it's all about double standard, but I am not going there, since this now is a huge digression of the topic
If both a guy and a girl are virgins at their wedding, how is it a double standard? I can understand if a guy who sleeps around but wants a virgin, but if both people are willing to wait, then what's the problem.

Personally, I think solving the "girls are sluts, men are experienced" double standard by making casual sex acceptable by women was a major step backwards, and should have been solved the converse way. That probably makes me sound like some Christian fundie, and I'm not for a total ban on premarital sex, but, these days, it is waaayyy too casual.

Virgins by Choice Unite!

That being said, mad props to NinjaServ for his belifs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
[tbu] kei kusanagi, how come you chose EVERYONE?
He chose everybody? /me checks poll. Explains the vote for Green-haired Manami... (which was causing some serious WTF-age when I first saw that someone voted for her...)

Last edited by TheBlueOne; 2003-12-12 at 17:49. Reason: Blantant distracting spelling mistake
Old 2003-12-12, 17:50   Link #93
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265

Shouldn't we also pity the children that get born into families that aren't ready for them?
As much as I think it's hard for the parents, bottom line is that they did not weigh the pros and cons properly.
Now, I'm not saying that we should ban pre-marital sex, but doesn't it seem that sex is becoming just a 'little' too casual?
(Now, I know many will disagree, but the above is just my stand.)

Sorry for the OT. Actually I have no pity for the teens themselves because they should suffer their own consequences. I feel sorry the teens' parents who have to be responsible for their children's actions. Yes sex is too casual now. It's like a trend and from various opinions here, it seems to be 'cool' to be 'experienced' at it. I think somehow people find that it's a 'mature' thing just because it's a sexual relationship. I on the other hand think 'maturity' has to do with thoughtfulness and responsibility than anything else.

Grifis
Old 2003-12-12, 17:57   Link #94
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless
well like in all the votes we've had, Haruka and Mitsuki are tied
Mitsuki is just hot, her integrity is not as strong as Haruka's or Akane's. plus she is too paranoid. as for the sex thing, the only thing she will have done wrong is have sex with shinji (IF she does).
but, its not worth defending mitsuki over this, after all this poll is a matter of preference, any possible bias / morals / preconceptions can apply
but does that give the right to call some of the characters an whore where the facts prove otherwise.
Old 2003-12-12, 18:06   Link #95
musouka

I have no problem with NinjaServ wanting to remain a virgin and wanting to marry one, but rather it was calling these two girls whores that got everyone's dander up. Not because he wants to marry a virgin, but because what it sounded like was he was condemning everyone that didn't follow his system as a "whore" through calling Haruka and Mitsuki one.

I don't know if what I'm saying is getting across, but basically, calling someone a "whore" for having sex outside of marriage is going to annoy others that have done the same thing, because you are judging them indirectly.

Now, back on topic, I chose Haruka. Granted, I'm a straight female, but if I was a straight male, I think Haruka would be the type I'd want to marry, as she seems like the type of person that would help you forget a hard day and always be willing to listen to you. I think I would need that sort of support in my life, and out of all the characters on the show, I think she would be the one best able to give that. Granted, she's a little overly sweet at the moment, but she also still has the mind of a high school student. I think she would mellow out with age.

On the other hand (I didn't realize that we could pick more than one person), if I was of the opposite gender, Mitsuki would be the type of girl I'd want to date. She seems upbeat and cheerful, as well as easy to have fun with, so she would make a great person to date. I don't think I'd marry her because she seems kinda problematic in terms of self-esteem, and I really don't have much patience for people that need constant assurances of my love. I am NOT a vocal person when it comes to affection, and I think it would hurt me to have my love questioned even if I tried to show it through my actions, like I'm used to.
ずっと変りはしない

Last edited by musouka; 2003-12-12 at 18:18.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:48   Link #96
outlaw55
Banned

Mainly to start off with, 95% of the time you don't know if someone has had sex or not so judging that on dating is a very hard thing to do, but I personally just do go "damn she's hot, I'll go ask here out!" (some things some women wear you KNOW they are not a virgin, cuz some ppl that have sex all the time would not even wear that little clothing!!! LOL)

I'll start my explinations with how I personally try and pick a girl (I know I am too picky, but that is my problem). For some reason I am one of those peopel that can judge personallities of people very well (predicted all of my brother's X-GFs and was right, LOL). There is a lot you can get about someone's past based on their current personallity and viewpoints. When deciding any of the girls to date, I would first look at them closely. Here is what I see if I were a background charcter looking at the main 3 girls:

Suzumiya Haruka - Nice and quite type girl, but very shy. She is also obsessed with Narumi Takayuki. People becoming obessed like that can be easy prey to a sexual addict and I would investigate more of who she has dated before moving in more on a girl like that. Most girls of this type go for good guys, but not all of them do.

Hayase Mizuki - Very outgoing girl that was probably very popular at school (you don't really see a lot of her at school). Obviously watching the situation with her trying to hook Haruka up with Takayuki, you could two things. 1st you can tell that she has started to like Takayuki after getting to know him. You can tell she would be very interested in dating him, if it were not for 2nd thing I will not state. 2nd she is a loyal friend, many Haruka fans would disagree, but it is true, she originally discarded here own feelings for Takayuki to help here friend out, now THAT is friendship. She only moved in later after she thought Haruka would not wake up, but of them originally liked each other but niether was strong enough to say anything to risk their friendship.

Another thing about her is that she has a lack of security and trust. Even though she may believe in Takayuki not liking Haruka, she drives herself crazy by a lack a trust, this shows a lack of relationship skills. When one is not mature enough to fully trust their BF or GF with all of their heart they are not ready for dedication to them. Some people have this trait perminatly, some eventually grow out of it though. Girls like this are hard to keep committed in a relationship and I would avoid this type of personallity if I was looking for commitment, because it could cause problems in the long run, and she tends to run away instead of facing them, so the relationship would more than likly end in divorce if a problem ever occured.

Also from this character later on you see a development of abuse of alcohol and sex. Another thing I do not want in a future mate would be drinking problems, because they can lead to situations for that person if they are alone and drunk. She would also be one to worry about having an affair on you if things got tough.

Suzumiya Akane - Relitivly young at the start, you can tell she has a good communications personallity like Mizuki. While watching her through all the trials, she doesn't run away like Mizuki, and she is not affraid to speak her mind unlike her sister. Akane seems to not have the flaw in Haruka and Mizuki's personallities. Watching her look after the best interestes of her sister shows that she is a caring person, she would go 12 million miles out of her way to help out her sister, even at the expense of her own health and at the expense of what others think at her. She is very prone to speak her mind, but in always looking after everyone ELSE'S interests, she misses the opportunities for herself. She will eventually become lonely (as she seems to be now in the series). Her lonelyness would probably drive her to date some stupid guys who would treat her like shit, but she would get though it all ok.

Akane's main flaw is she never looks out for her own interests, she may get herself into some situations because of self pity after feeling lonely.

Overall the one I would most likely date would be Akane. Second would be Haruka if I knew she wasn't taken advantage of (not raped, blinded by her obsession to have sex with some creep. Just remember, anyone you sleep with, it is like you are sleeping with everyone they have slept with plus who their parners slept with. I try to avoid a situation where they could have possibly caught a STD from someone. I would not like to get in a relationship and find out they have Herpies or something. I would not want to have sex with them and suffer myself physically when I have waited myself.) I would not date Mizuki because of he unpredicablity to her sexual activity, and out of the three she would be the most likely to have lost of sex and contract a STD.

That's my view on the topic!!!
Old 2003-12-13, 03:07   Link #97
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
~snip~
That's my view on the topic!!!

WOW... now that was a LOT of insight

hail thee

I'm surprised how serious this thread became though.... I thought it was only going to be a quick post and go.... guess I'll have to write my justifications later too =D.

(heh... I didn't even remember to consider the sex part when making the choices. =P)
Old 2003-12-13, 05:32   Link #98
Mentar
Banned

I'm a little bit surprised about the consensus forming that Mitsuki is so "untrustworthy" and lacking dedication. How serious she has been was shown in the post-coma years. Also keep in mind that in the time in which she had no damn good reason to distrust Takayuki, she was levelheaded and supportive - not clingy at all (see her dragging him to the hospital and pushing him to get close to Haruka). This only started to change once Bakayuki started the "daijobu" pretend mode, and understandably so to me.

In other words, once you're in a relationship with ANY girl, and start treating her like the way Bakayuki did, don't expect her to even hold on to you as long as Mitsuki did. You'll just plain lose her. If anything, I consider the fact that she's still connected with Takayuki on a little thread a little miracle

If the roles were reversed, and it would have fallen unto Haruka or Akane to care for Takayuki while he's off visiting his old flame Mitsuki in the hospital, visibly falling for her ... I think both Haruka and Akane would seem verrrry different too.
Old 2003-12-13, 10:03   Link #99
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueOne
If both a guy and a girl are virgins at their wedding, how is it a double standard? I can understand if a guy who sleeps around but wants a virgin, but if both people are willing to wait, then what's the problem.

Personally, I think solving the "girls are sluts, men are experienced" double standard by making casual sex acceptable by women was a major step backwards, and should have been solved the converse way. That probably makes me sound like some Christian fundie, and I'm not for a total ban on premarital sex, but, these days, it is waaayyy too casual.

Virgins by Choice Unite!
By double standards, I mean in many cultures, especially cultures where I came from, virginality (is this a word?) is abslute critical when somebody evaluating females, however, when evaluating males nobody cares anymore. In a sense, male tends to go and destroy virginality, and they hope to find a virgin girl when they marry. This is a very bad double standard in my opinion.
Well since the western sexualism has swayed in my country I came from for many years, the situation changed a bit over there, but this double standard is still there sometimes and I really think it's not fair
Old 2003-12-13, 10:24   Link #100
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
AMAKAWA IS MINE AND MINE ALONE !!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

Closed Thread