Quote:
Originally Posted by u8mychipz
is manga liscensed?
No, but the manga is licensed

The number of people who incorrectly spell license
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 11:20   Link #6
fluffy

Chrno Crusade manga clarification (SPOILERS!!)

I just wanna ask some questions about CC manga..... since my japanese is.... well... ^.^; Actually, I kind of know what's going on in general, but I just want to know in more detail because this is such an excellent series ^.^ Many thanks for those who's willing to help me knowing this series better

Anyway, here I go...

Vol 5
- Why did Chrno get sealed after fighting with Aion? Was it on Chrno's own will or something?
- What did Reminton say when the Elder's treating his body?
- What's Rosette hesitating? (later in vol 5 she seems like confused, then after some talks with Reminton and Satella she decided to dive into Chrno's mind)

Vol 6
- Why did Aion kidnap Magdalene?
- What happened to Magdalene after the battle with Pandemonium? Why did Aion try to kill her?
- What did Chrno and Magdalene say before they made the contract? (looks like a very romantic scene ^^)
- When Reminton got into a fight with Chrno, why did he have to slap/punch Rosette? o.O;

Again, thank you for helping ^.^
fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 12:44   Link #7
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Vol 5
1. Yes, Chrno asked to have his powers sealed himself, for fear he would go berserk again and hurt Rosette. Since his powers are sealed, he couldn't regenerate properly, hence the scaly skins in some parts of his body.
2. Remington has demon cells infused on his body, so that he can continue to live on and fight with Aion and the Sinners. The demon cells allow him to remain young using their regenerative abilities, as well as giving him incredible power.
3. Can't remember now, I don't have the book with me. o.O;

Vol 6
1. Not really sure, Magdalene seems to have the power to see into the future, and that's the main reason the Sinners wants her. Aion himself seems to have other reasons.
2. After the battle with Pandemonium, a part of Pandemonium went inside Magdalene's body. For a while, Magdalene got possessed by Pandemonium and told Aion something, we never know what she told Aion about, but it freaked Aion a lot, because he knows that at this rate, her body will be taken over by Pandemonium sooner or later (Magdalene also seems to be aware of it), hence he orders Chrno to kill her.
3. Can't remember again...
4. It was all an act by Remington to allow Chrno and Rosette to continue pursuing Aion and the Sinners, since the incident at San Francisco, the Order has forced Sister Kate, who backs them, to resign, and forbids them to continue on their case with the Sinners. Remington received orders from the Order to destroy all enemies of the Order, including Chrno. In order to help Chrno and Rosette, Remington faked Chrno's death by reporting that he had finished Chrno off, and cut off Chrno's ponytail as proof of his "execution".
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 21:43   Link #8
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Vol 5
1. Mostly as what Kinny Riddle said
2. The Elder expressed worry about Remington especially since he will die of old age sooner or later. Remington said he cannot give up half way now especially since the end point is almost be at hand.
3. Rosette is hurt too much by the fact that she has lost Joshua and that she almost lost all of her new friends as well as Chrno. She became despondent and hence almost gave up.

Vol 6
1. Aion needs her to locate Pandemonium's head. Somehow after the revolt, Pandemonium's head was cast onto Earth and no-one knows where. So in getting the woman who can "see" all (she doesn't just see the future, she sees everything), he can locate Pandemonium's head and accomplish what they had set out to do.
2. As what Kinny Riddle said.
3. Mary in the moment before making the contract had a flashback with Pandemonium's thoughts. She fully understood her fate. In a way, she then knew why Chrno would be the one to 'kill' her. He shall be the one that would be a 'drain' of her life force. She said that she wanted him to live because she just want to see him smile again.
4. As what Kinny Riddle said. Remington was trying to incite Chrno to fight and realise his potential again. In a way, he was telling them they have to do it on their own and not to rely on the Order anymore.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 02:29   Link #9
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Vol 5
1. Yes, Chrno asked to have his powers sealed himself, for fear he would go berserk again and hurt Rosette. Since his powers are sealed, he couldn't regenerate properly, hence the scaly skins in some parts of his body.
2. Remington has demon cells infused on his body, so that he can continue to live on and fight with Aion and the Sinners. The demon cells allow him to remain young using their regenerative abilities, as well as giving him incredible power.
1. hmmm...............kinda true, but actually it was because while chrno was berserk he used up A LOT of energy, so if he continue to use energy to recover himself from the wounds, rosette would probably die. And I think he only asked to have himself sealed (instead of just power)...........because I remember Giriamu said Chrno declines the astral UNCONSIOUSLY.

To be precise, it was his cells ("re gi o n" <---- not "region" in english) that couldn't get the energy to regenerate and therefore the cells gone berserk

2. A little addition, he was seriously injured long time ago, so it was necessary to implant the demon cells into his body in order to recover

Sigh.......I still haven't read 6 and 7.......and the last voluume is coming out anytime soon ~>_<~

-------------------------------------------------

I have a question too, why did aion want to fight with chrno at the begninng of vol.5? was it not explained until later chapters? (<---- no spoiler plz ^^b)

Last edited by Kaka; 2004-05-11 at 02:50.
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 04:31   Link #10
fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
And I think he only asked to have himself sealed (instead of just power)...........because I remember Giriamu said Chrno declines the astral UNCONSIOUSLY.

To be precise, it was his cells ("re gi o n" <---- not "region" in english) that couldn't get the energy to regenerate and therefore the cells gone berserk.
What does that mean? o.O;
Old 2004-05-11, 04:48   Link #11
Kaka
罪人クロノ

hmmm...........
let me translate that page here, since I don't know when am I translating the whole act ^^bb

Page 136, bottom:
Rosette: why did you guys ?!! and his body ..........
Girimamu: it's the "berserk of re gi o n" (<---- I separated it is because it's easy to mix up with "region" in english ^^bbb)

Page 137
Giriamu: you know in the body of organism, it's made up of millions of cells right? So like us, demon's body is made up from a lot of small little parts too, and that's "re gi o n" To recover the destroyed part of his body (<--- bad translation again lol, but I think that was talking about chrno got shot by gospel) and damage that he received in battle, his re gi on is working fully. However he's declining to receive astral from the outside unconciously

Rosette: and then went berserk.....? but why......... (wouldn't be........)

Remington: Right, in order to protect your life

-------------------------------
is this good enough ^^b?
Old 2004-05-11, 08:39   Link #12
fluffy

Oh~ I see now ^^

By the way, Do you mind translating the conversation between Chrno and Magdalene after they jumped down from Eden until they made the contract? or... anyone?
Old 2004-05-11, 08:46   Link #13
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
1. hmmm...............kinda true, but actually it was because while chrno was berserk he used up A LOT of energy, so if he continue to use energy to recover himself from the wounds, rosette would probably die. And I think he only asked to have himself sealed (instead of just power)...........because I remember Giriamu said Chrno declines the astral UNCONSIOUSLY.

To be precise, it was his cells ("re gi o n" <---- not "region" in english) that couldn't get the energy to regenerate and therefore the cells gone berserk
レギオン is typically used for the term "Legion". Just think of it as the natural regenerative power of demons. They allow the demons to absorbs astral energy to regenerate lost body parts/repair damage. In the usual cases, the demons draw the astral energy from their horns. Without horns, Chrno has to draw Rosette's life force to regenerate. If he was not sealed, Rosette could have died.

Quote:
I have a question too, why did aion want to fight with chrno at the begninng of vol.5? was it not explained until later chapters? (<---- no spoiler plz ^^b)
Actually you can find the explanations right there in the first 5 volumes already. Well most of it... Unfortunately, I cannot really explain it without drawing on some events in vol 6 for clarity. But just know that it is basically brotherhood/friendship, betrayal of ideals and disappointment, something like Harry/Brandon of Gungrave.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 19:08   Link #14
Kaka
罪人クロノ

oh.....so it's "legion" in english?
sorry my english sucks lol

but I think stop drawing energy from rosette has nothing to do with the seal though, since he declines the income of astral by himself unconciously @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy
Oh~ I see now ^^

By the way, Do you mind translating the conversation between Chrno and Magdalene after they jumped down from Eden until they made the contract? or... anyone?
I will, when I get the book near the end of this month (if everything goes right......) ^^
and btw you are spoiling me now.......="= cuz I have only read up to vol.5 so far and I don't want to download them before the book arrive ^^bbb
*going to bash my head against the wall until I forget what I saw.......*
Old 2004-05-12, 04:03   Link #15
fluffy

o.O; gomen, I thought you've read the manga at least up to 6 since you said that you already have vol 1-6 raw in your comp in another forum >>;

My advice: Enjoy reading vol 6 as it's the best one out of 1-6 and don't forget tissue XP
Old 2004-05-12, 14:42   Link #16
Kaka
罪人クロノ

I think that must be somebody else~
I only have raw of 5 and 7 in my computer, and I have never unzipped 7 to read since I still haven't got the book ^^bbb

oh god ^^bbb tissue
the story of chrno crusade just have a lot of things beyond my expectation, it always surprise me
oooo............ also I want to see the scene where chrno wakes up ~>_<~
Old 2004-05-15, 00:33   Link #17
meluckycharms

A very simple question

Is the Chrno Crusade manga translated or not. I cannot read Japanese so I couldn't read it if its just in Japanese.
meluckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 02:17   Link #18
Griffith

Yes, it's being released by ADV's manga division. The first volume is coming out on May 25th.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 15:13   Link #19
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Act 56 of Chrno Crusade, Finale

To those who have read the scans the final act of the CC manga, what do you think of it?

Even though i do not understand most of it, but one thing i got is...

Spoiler:
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 02:11   Link #20
^PaNdA
I hate you n_n

:O, i didn't know the last vol came out. where'd u get it?!
^PaNdA is offline   Reply With Quote