AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-09, 09:18   Link #2081
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Suzaku certainly knew nothing about Rolo's Geass for the entire show. The one time it was used on him in Turn 6, he wasn't even aware he'd been Geassed. The five people aware of his Geass were V.V., Lelouch, Jeremiah, Sayoko and Villetta.
Lelouch and Jerimiah (Geass canceller) were working with Suzaku when he got his 9th generation frame Lancelot Albion. Both would of warn Suzaku about the Geass before going outthere. So Suzaku already has his source to tell about Rolo and his Geass if Rolo was going to fight him.

anyway im done with this discussion. toodles!

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-10-09 at 09:36.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:47   Link #2082
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
Lelouch and Jerimiah (Geass canceller) were working with Suzaku when he got his 9th generation frame Lancelot Albion. Both would of warn Suzaku about the Geass before going outthere. So Suzaku already has his source to tell about Rolo and his Geass if Rolo was going to fight him.

anyway im done with this discussion. toodles!
I'm sure Suzaku knew about Rolo (Lelouch's fake brother), but I don't think he knew about Rolo's geass.

Last edited by Double 120%; 2008-10-09 at 13:09.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 01:24   Link #2083
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
Suzaku's live geass kicks in basically serves as an override when he is in a situation where he would die if it wasnt for it. He would do actions which basically prevent his death, such as a ceasefire with the FLIEJA being fired. He CANT use the Geass intentionally. Thats all there is.

The reason why Bismark died was because the Live Geass made suzaku move "unnaturally", he was deviating off what Bismark's geass was telling him, travelling right instead of left. Well in his case, Suzaku charged straight as Bismark, instead of flying away like the geass told him. It didn't make him go faster at all.

Now in the final battle, basically the same story. If it wasnt for the live geass suzaku would have died. His geass basically controlled him in situations where he would have been overwhelmed indefinately, so therefore he could only barely match the Guren, example he'd only be able to defend the Guren's attack. The live geass pretty much commands you to live; lets say if a flieja bomb was launched, Suzaku would have escaped the vicinity of the area ASAP to ensure his survival, like as if he was brainwave hacking.

The Guren was disabled to some extent, it meant the whole shutdown cause the OS crashed (or something like that... snapped power cables anyone?). However, Suzaku's KMF was impaled, by the "useless" arm which the Guren rarely ever uses, in the yddragsil drive/power filler location. (Proven when C.C.'s lancelot gets decimated; you see a pink glow in that region). Technically the lancelot would be completely disabled by that and I'd assume that without any power, since the Yddragsil drive would have been destroyed. We won't know if it was a deliberate loss, since sunrise left it as an open ending; its purely subjective. Just stop arguing over it okay?
Did people ignore what I said?
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 01:32   Link #2084
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Not so much "ignore" as "miss," but since you bring it up there are some flaws with your logic.

One, Suzaku's live Geass, post episode 22, is completely under his control. He triggers it willingly. He even says as much. There is nothing about it that overrides him in those instances. He's perfectly in control and using it to enhance his performance. You're working on outdated logic.

Two, Bismarck's Geass was not confused. You can see the little trails mimicking Suzaku's movements exactly. Suzaku simply moved faster, which Bismarck himself notes, and overcame the advantage seeing the near-future gave Bismarck. I don't know where you're getting this "left into right" thing, but it has no basis in fact.

Finally, arguing is fun.
Old 2008-10-16, 06:04   Link #2085
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

No actually about Bismarck's geass being confused is also correct. In fact its both a combination of Suzaku's geass effect and Albion's speed.

The reason why Bismarck is seeing such a confusion pattern is because of Suzaku actively going against he geass.

As Suzaku continues charging towards Bismarck, an overwhelmingly deadly opponent that his geass keeps wanting to keep him alive from, Bismarck's geass also predicts the 'escape routes' Suzaku keeps suppressing from. But because Suzaku is actively suppressing his own geass, he is not moving in those 'escape routes', thus Bismarck's geass again predicts Suzaku's active routes. This causes a major confusion in Bismarck's geass, which simply predicts all the routes thats clashing in Suzaku's mind.

This coupled which Albion's speed, the 'frames' and images from Bismarck's geass is extremely scattered, causing an unbelievable image which leaves Bismarck confounded.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 10:47   Link #2086
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Quote:
Rolo was dead before that.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 10:52   Link #2087
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Rolo isn't even that great of a pilot. Lelouch would've sent Jeremiah to take care of him easily.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 11:02   Link #2088
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Rolo isn't even that great of a pilot. Lelouch would've sent Jeremiah to take care of him easily.
re watch ep 2
rolo was a great pilot able to make the vincent do amazing tricks (back flips even)
he just didnt really need them most of the time
Old 2008-10-17, 11:11   Link #2089
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
re watch ep 2
rolo was a great pilot able to make the vincent do amazing tricks (back flips even)
he just didnt really need them most of the time
Against grunts in a superior machine he's not bad. Against the named pilots, he's not so great in my opinion.
Old 2008-10-17, 11:26   Link #2090
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Against grunts in a superior machine he's not bad. Against the named pilots, he's not so great in my opinion.
Well, his geass begs to differ. Even it is is just five seconds it gives him a massive advantage. Rolo could possibly beat Kallen and Suzaku.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 11:44   Link #2091
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Well, his geass begs to differ. Even it is is just five seconds it gives him a massive advantage. Rolo could possibly beat Kallen and Suzaku.
I'm talking about without the Geass. With Geass, he can kill anyone other than C.C. and Jeremiah.
Old 2008-10-17, 12:13   Link #2092
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
I'm talking about without the Geass. With Geass, he can kill anyone other than C.C. and Jeremiah.
Without doubt Rolo got the most unbalanced geass of the whole lot, well assuming he's not spamming it or using it for a prolonged duration since its only then that the drawbacks take effect. Actually now that i think about it he did spam the bloody thing alot during the battle at Babel tower so that pretty much contradicts what we were told about his geasses weakness. Lets see he used it too:

1.Reclaim his Nii-san from Kallen when the OotBK first showed up.
2.Spammed it like hell versus the moobs before he got to the elevator.
3.Used it to attack the OotBK forces lying in ambush for him while he was in the elevator.
4.Used it atleast 3 times in rapid sucession when fighting(read picking on) Kallen and Urabe.

Barring Jermiah or a code-bearer as you said he would completely dominate in a 1Vs1 or 1Vs2 fight in his gold Vincent. Even Suzaku in the LA would be helpless against him and you know when even Haxzaku is helpless theirs something seriously bloody broken.

Unless the pilots mech had some type of autonomous defense system like automatic shields i really don't see how they would be able to stand even a sliver of a chance.

Oh and while were at it can someone please explain what the point of Shikirious Duid System was if Lelouch had to enter all the calculations for the ATP filed thing? I mean its got a supercomputer on board and he has to do all the work? It might as well be dead weight.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 12:27   Link #2093
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

The Druid System was able to predict the trajectory of hostiles in the area, but it had no sense of how dangerous each one was. Lelouch had to enter the parameters necessary for the Shinkirou to use the right amount of shielding. A mistake in calculations on Lelouch's part by underestimating the second Tristan was what caused the shields to break, since he had no idea the swords would be that powerful. Sure, the Shinkirou could just always use full shielding when an incoming target is about to strike, but then it would run out of power quite quickly indeed.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:45   Link #2094
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Rolo was dead before that.
jesus people do i have to mentioned every single bit? sweat lord, i am saying if Rolo had lived!!! and picture a scenario where he had to fight Suzaku in the LA. Suzaku when he had the LA, he already had Lelouch and Jeremiah to tell him about Rolo's geass. So Suzaku would be prepared and know about Rolo

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-10-19 at 10:02.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:48   Link #2095
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well that wouldn't have been very eventful.

Suzaku: Stop, in the name of-

Rolo: *Freezes time, blows up the LA's cockpit block.*
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:18   Link #2096
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well that wouldn't have been very eventful.

Suzaku: Stop, in the name of-

Rolo: *Freezes time, blows up the LA's cockpit block.*
Rolo cannot freeze time.
Old 2008-10-19, 10:21   Link #2097
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Okay.

*Slows Suzaku's perception of time.*

Happy?
Old 2008-10-19, 10:25   Link #2098
X_Danny_X

Much better! and dont let it happen again!
Old 2008-10-19, 11:36   Link #2099
loltan

Rolo's Geass makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If it stops a person's sense of time, Kallen and Urabe should have died in episode 2 of R2 because they would continue charging in the same direction until they flew out of the Babel Tower and crashed right into the ground, allowing Rolo enough time to destroy Lelouch's Sutherland before C.C. gets the bombs ready, thus ending the second season before it turned into a trainwreck.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:39   Link #2100
Dream_Traveller
Banned

So you wanted Kallen and Lelouch to die in R2 and have the season end after two episodes?

Tags
mecha