AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-18, 22:40   Link #81
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I wouldn't be suprised if Sengoku made it out of this scott free, for Luffy or Ace to confront down the road. I have to give the marines credit for their brilliant scheme. Not too shocked or suprised by his extreme show of force considering he is the strongest man alive, or soon to be the strongest deadman in the ground lol.
Old 2009-11-18, 22:49   Link #82
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

haha, wat if suddenly all the old crew members of gold d roger suddenly appear and give their ex-rival a helping hand. since the marine beheaded their boss, i think this is an opportune moment for them to have their revenge even though it mean helping out their rival in the past
Old 2009-11-18, 23:06   Link #83
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
haha, wat if suddenly all the old crew members of gold d roger suddenly appear and give their ex-rival a helping hand. since the marine beheaded their boss, i think this is an opportune moment for them to have their revenge even though it mean helping out their rival in the past

If Roger were forcibly captured by the marines, I would've agreed about something like this happening. But the fact of the matter is that Roger turned himself in to the marines. Furthermore, even if he weren't executed, his disease would've claimed his life soon, anyway. Besides, it's not like Roger had any regrets about his execution in the first place, seeing as he turned what should've been a warning to all those aspiring pirates out there into an event that sparked the birth of a new age......

So I guess I'm just saying if Roger had no regrets about his death, then I see no reason why his old crew would, either (Rayleigh certainly didn't, judging from what he told Luffy at Sabaody). I guess I could see Rayleigh or Shanks or whoever appearing at Marineford in order to protect Ace, but I don't think they'd feel any need to avenge Roger's death, for the reasons I explained above.....
Old 2009-11-18, 23:19   Link #84
james0246

^Buggy is already there to fill in for Roger's crew, so no one else need arrive.

Of interest, I would like to see Squado's reaction to Buggy (or vice versa).
Old 2009-11-18, 23:57   Link #85
marvelB

^Oh, I'm aware of Buggy, but I was referring to the rest of the crew. After all, we already know that Buggy's only in the war for personal glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Of interest, I would like to see Squado's reaction to Buggy (or vice versa).

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Squado doesn't recognize Buggy if they were to meet (seeing as Buggy's kind of the "shadow" of Roger's crew, and all). As far as Buggy's reaction to a former enemy of his old captain goes..... well, no matter what happens, his followers will undoubtedly twist the story in the end anyway, so it should be a rather amusing encounter nonetheless.
Old 2009-11-19, 00:04   Link #86
james0246

^If the strongest man in the world can remember the red-nosed buffoon, why not a man who hates Roger with such a passion that he was willing to betray his own common sense in hopes of even potentially harming Roger (by harming his son).

Besides that, it would simply be interesting if Squado recognized Buggy.
Old 2009-11-19, 00:14   Link #87
marvelB

^Well, when you put it that way..... yeah, Squado probably WOULD recognize that flashy goofball, huh? But if that's the case, I think Squado would set aside his grudge for the sake of old Whitebeard. After all, we saw how much damage he DID cause because he couldn't set aside his personal feelings.....

That probably wouldn't stop Buggy from claiming that he could kick his ass, though.
Old 2009-11-19, 01:41   Link #88
seiji_kun

Do I even need to say the chapter was awesome cause all of us here agree that from Oda's pencil you only get awesomeness since ID. WB's powers are of the shart like has been said. How will Luffy ever do something that matches up to tilting a whole island?

Kind of loved to see John Giant get taken down so fast cause I myself never saw him as something special. At least this way he was still good to show that any VA besides Garp is truly fodder to WB. And like some here, I wonder how the admirals exactly stopped WB's attack.

And I actually had the same thougth marvelB had, that Squad could take on an admiral, Akainu seems the obvious choice there. And just love how the meteor rain is destroying the ice and seems like utter despair now for the pirates. I can't wait to see how the pirates will counter it next week.
Old 2009-11-19, 02:17   Link #89
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Do I even need to say the chapter was awesome cause all of us here agree that from Oda's pencil you only get awesomeness since ID. WB's powers are of the shart like has been said. How will Luffy ever do something that matches up to tilting a whole island?

Kind of loved to see John Giant get taken down so fast cause I myself never saw him as something special. At least this way he was still good to show that any VA besides Garp is truly fodder to WB. And like some here, I wonder how the admirals exactly stopped WB's attack.

And I actually had the same thougth marvelB had, that Squad could take on an admiral, Akainu seems the obvious choice there. And just love how the meteor rain is destroying the ice and seems like utter despair now for the pirates. I can't wait to see how the pirates will counter it next week.
Mmm same. Just because he's a giant doesn't mean he's super strong or anything.
Old 2009-11-19, 05:44   Link #90
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Well as the absolute last straw Oda can pull the 'Dragon' card to nuke the marines and save Luffy from whatever situation he is in.

Anyway the chapter was awesome as usual, island shaking hell yes. I liked the last page the best. Good bye Moby Dick, you were a great looking ship.
Old 2009-11-19, 06:08   Link #91
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
i was read new chapter~
shirohige kakoiii^.^
wb so eaSY take down john~
and can see hancock(she still worried about luffy) in this chapter^^
can't wait for next chapter^^
Old 2009-11-19, 08:37   Link #92
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
How will Luffy ever do something that matches up to tilting a whole island?
im wondering bout the same thing too, cant wait to see that animated - also, i think theres a possibility for the former gol d crew tho more likely sliver raleigh to make an appearance for the son of their captain rather then avenging his executionm, im also interested to see if the broadcast was restarted somehow and also if wb will be able to turn this whole scenario into something pro pirate like roger did tho he sort of alrdy has.

looking forward to next week [yay for not yet another break]
Old 2009-11-19, 10:33   Link #93
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Methinks Squado will do something exceedingly heroic yet, before the arc is over. Maybe save Ace himself or take a bullet for Whitebeard. Who knows?
Old 2009-11-19, 12:11   Link #94
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Methinks Squado will do something exceedingly heroic yet, before the arc is over. Maybe save Ace himself or take a bullet for Whitebeard. Who knows?
This is very possible. Something to redeem himself after losing his trust in his beloved father and fatally wounding him in the process. When Marco said, "Instead of crying, you should repay your debt", that signifies Squado will do something to atone for what he's done.

I enjoyed the interaction between the admirals in this chapter. The siege walls didn't rise in time due to Aokiji's thick layer of ice, and because of that Akainu put the blame on Aokiji for all of the structural damage. Subsequent to that, we have Kizaru say (in a witty way, of course ) that that delay could have been avoided if Akainu melted the ice. I just found this scene funny for some reason.

@The Small One - At the end of chapter 549, we're told that 3 hours remain until Ace's execution. At the end of chapter 561, we're told that there is about 1 hr and 30 min before Ace's execution remaining. That being said, at least 1 hr and 30 min have passed since the start of this war.
Old 2009-11-19, 13:13   Link #95
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This is very possible. Something to redeem himself after losing his trust in his beloved father and fatally wounding him in the process. When Marco said, "Instead of crying, you should repay your debt", that signifies Squado will do something to atone for what he's done.

I enjoyed the interaction between the admirals in this chapter. The siege walls didn't rise in time due to Aokiji's thick layer of ice, and because of that Akainu put the blame on Aokiji for all of the structural damage. Subsequent to that, we have Kizaru say (in a witty way, of course ) that that delay could have been avoided if Akainu melted the ice. I just found this scene funny for some reason.

@The Small One - At the end of chapter 549, we're told that 3 hours remain until Ace's execution. At the end of chapter 561, we're told that there is about 1 hr and 30 min before Ace's execution remaining. That being said, at least 1 hr and 30 min have passed since the start of this war.
Ace is mere bait to lure Whitebeard to this trap, sure he is son of Roger and carrier of his legacy but real reason for this war is to kill Whitebeard and wipe out his forces.

Sengoku could kill Ace anytime he would want but he really wants to wipe out Whitebeard and his pirate allies.

He cant show massacre of pirates on media since it would cause an public relations uproar on the world. However they want to show execution of Ace in public media since its PR victory for marines and WG.

So aslong as Whitebeard forces stay alive then Marines are unable to kill Ace... they need to wipeout pirates off-screen and then kill Ace with visual confirmations.
Old 2009-11-19, 19:20   Link #96
CoolKidsClub

WB's face at the end was priceless...looked like hes watching a apocalypse
Old 2009-11-19, 22:18   Link #97
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKidsKlub View Post
WB's face at the end was priceless...looked like hes watching a apocalypse
Of course. His cute little ship is about to get OWNED.
Old 2009-11-20, 02:19   Link #98
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Is it safe to say Sengoku's out of tricks now?

Thing just keep getting worse and worse for the Pirates and something needs to make things turn around.
Old 2009-11-20, 04:22   Link #99
SuperiorX

this has my head spinnin lol this war makes WG and the marines look like bad guys since they are the ones pulling all the dirty tricks while the pirates seem to be fighting more fairly.

its messed up i tell ya.
Old 2009-11-20, 07:31   Link #100
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
And also cuz Ace is the son of their former Captain.
Closed Thread