AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-11, 09:47   Link #5061
Avvesione

Actually, that's not the reason why Saten is in this memory. Saten is here to see how Doppelganger was transferred from Blade to Eve. Remember he says he wants to see if a theory of his is correct or not. Unless that's their plan to save Arclight, I'd say this has nothing to do with Arclight. They already kinda solved Eve's problem by injecting her with Eden Cells.

The last time we really saw Arclight was that short cutaway in Chapter 56 (about 2 years ago when the chapter was released lol), which is when we learned he was recovering. We aren't sure how the recovery process has gone for him, but being hit by PF Blast certainly changed him.

Anyway, I'm hoping after this arc we see where Aruka, Arclight, and some of the others are.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 10:08   Link #5062
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
They did not inject Eve with Eden cells, thats just what someone in the thread earlier said it was. But turns out nobody knows what the F he injected in her. Disk couldnt analize it and she knows what eden cells are.

What Eden cells did is mess her up in the first place from the blast.

Another thing, turns out Eve is not a Needless, a Needless would have survived the blast without a scratch (well just figurativly.) Eve gained her Doppelganger from Blade end of that. More interesting is that if humans (regular ones) would die from the blast and Needless can survive it,...how did Cruz survive it then? Now gentle hands or not they dont stop the virus spreading from the radiation. Cruz is Needless then?
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 10:47   Link #5063
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
Cruz is Needless then?
They only talked about normal people not being able to survive the blast not "only needless can survive it". So he may be a needless but that's not certain.

Interesting to note is Saten said this eden seed is what created needless but he also said normal people will die when exposed to it. So the first needless were already not normal humans to start with. Perhaps because of the radiation of other kind of bombs. Maybe Yamada is such a person and now he's slowly changing....into a needless? Or perhaps he was already a needless.... or something else...it's just too soon to say for sure.

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-08-11 at 11:16.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 13:45   Link #5064
Sekirei07

Quote:
They did not inject Eve with Eden cells, thats just what someone in the thread earlier said it was. But turns out nobody knows what the F he injected in her. Disk couldnt analize it and she knows what eden cells are.

Another thing, turns out Eve is not a Needless, a Needless would have survived the blast without a scratch (well just figurativly.) Eve gained her Doppelganger from Blade end of that. More interesting is that if humans (regular ones) would die from the blast and Needless can survive it,...how did Cruz survive it then? Now gentle hands or not they dont stop the virus spreading from the radiation. Cruz is Needless then?
Actually Saten said the injection was "A serving of fruit". They also mentioned that the apple that made the monkey evolved into human's is now evolving human's into Needless, that apple being the Eden Seed's.

So the "serving of fruit" is most likely Eden Seed's
Old 2010-08-11, 21:27   Link #5065
Avvesione

Quote:

Well, it'll be a while before we know exactly what was injected into Eve but the clues given by Saten seemed to indicate that they were Eden's Apple (or Eden Cells or Eden Seeds or whatever). This could be some new type of Eden Cells that are safer for non-Needless or maybe in a different state than the ones Arclight used to attack with. It's too bad she was injected with the material and we were not able to see what the effect would be.

I'm also wondering why Eve would not be a Needless. Wouldn't it make sense for Eve to be a Needless to carry Adam's child since the child would have Eden Cells in it? I'm not sure if the mother would survive having the cells in her body. But whatever, that's not important right now.

---

One thing that I want to bring up again is that Eve started melting AFTER Saten visited her in the hospital. I'm going to bet there was something done between the end of Chapter 73 and when Blade + Co arrived at the underground city's hospital. Furthermore, I wonder how Saten knew Eve would even be there. The only people who should've known would be Cruz, Disk, and Mio (although we've already talked about Mio being a potential spy).
Old 2010-08-11, 23:44   Link #5066
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, Saten's perhaps the biggest enigma in the series, who may follow orders but certainly has his own agenda... as for Eve, well, it can be argued that Needless are at least born with their ability, though it may be latent at first. Both Arclight and Blade were born with the Eden Seeds pumped into them so that explains them... but Eve only got Doppelganger because it was transferred to her. Otherwise, it doesn't appear that she was born with a Fragment.

And Cruz... well, until he showed up at the village, his sister always though he was needless (pun intened there). On a more serious note... well, who knows what he is other than Kami-sensei? It's my personal opinion that he had the aforementioned latent potential (since Aruka is a Needless, and one of the more powerful ones... unfortunately, anything about Needless power running in the family will probably stay unconfirmed), and when Doppelganger brought him back, it acted as a catalyst...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:13   Link #5067
Avvesione

^
Saten sure is mysterious but it's a good thing we're seeing him do stuff and explain things to Cruz in this arc. He provides Cruz with important information about Memory Guard, Blade/Eve's past, and Stigmata, too.

Oh, also looks like the new raw will be out in a month. I have no clue what'll happen in the next chapter, so I'm pretty eager to see what'll happen. My guess is that they start saving Eve or something.
Old 2010-08-12, 05:28   Link #5068
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
^Oh, also looks like the new raw will be out in a month. I have no clue what'll happen in the next chapter, so I'm pretty eager to see what'll happen. My guess is that they start saving Eve or something.
In a month!? Next week, buddy, next week

My guess? Overlord attacks, as announced by Kafka.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-08-12 at 05:53.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 06:41   Link #5069
Ynot

Just one more week huh? *drools*

Well the latest raw chapter had almost only conversations going on in it, so chances are the next one is going to be a little more action orientated and since Blade doesn't seem up to the task of taking on Overlord by himself I'm hoping Saten will lend a hand. Not having a fight between Yamada's crew and Overlord would feel anticlimatic. I'm just hoping there'll be enough room in those 30 pages for some interesting hints as to how the hell they're going to escape this memory world.
Old 2010-08-12, 09:21   Link #5070
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
In a month!? Next week, buddy, next week

My guess? Overlord attacks, as announced by Kafka.
Whoops, guess I was looking at the wrong date on my calendar.

I wonder who Blade was fighting against back during this memory if it wasn't Overlord. I'm hoping the next chapter has some comedy in it. This hasn't been a very funny arc so far (then again, flashbacks usually aren't).
Old 2010-08-12, 12:19   Link #5071
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Only a week... thank goodness. At least there's only a week between releases of R+V and this, so I don't go into total insanity

now we just need our scanlators to get up to speed with the RAWs

Old 2010-08-12, 13:30   Link #5072
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw all the needless specials.

LOL they inserted this.
Spoiler for Guys that make good traps are OK:
Old 2010-08-12, 21:17   Link #5073
Sekirei07

^ That's my sig, upgraded >.>

Oh and another thought, that doctor guy might also be from a separate time period besides the time of Overlord. We can't be fully sure as to what is candid.

I feel it is safer to think of this memory arc as more of a Parallel dimension kinda setting. You know, where some things are different yet some things are the same.
Old 2010-08-12, 21:43   Link #5074
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Just saw all the needless specials.

LOL they inserted this.
Spoiler for Guys that make good traps are OK:
They also did that in the third episode of Needless+. Lemme take a quick screencap.
Spoiler:

After seeing this twice... anyone think Cruz is gay? Who wouldn't want to have Kuchinashi hugging you like that? =P
Old 2010-08-12, 22:28   Link #5075
Sekirei07

cuz Kuch swings that way lol
Old 2010-08-12, 22:41   Link #5076
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

She may be hugging him, but for all the wrong reasons... which is why Cruz is like "RUN AWAY!!!"

Old 2010-08-12, 22:58   Link #5077
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
She may be hugging him, but for all the wrong reasons... which is why Cruz is like "RUN AWAY!!!"
Kuchinashi? Wrong reasons? There are no wrong reasons when it comes to Kuchinashi. =P

One of the things that got me into Needless was the fight between Blade and Kuchinashi. I still think that might be the funniest scene in the whole series. I kinda hope they put those two together sometime soon. I've always wondered what'd happen if someone stole her sketchbook (like what Uten wanted to do at the end of Fire Diamond).
Old 2010-08-13, 04:21   Link #5078
Ynot

^ She could always try to write with a stick in the sand. I thought it was funny when Yamada caught her sneezing. Up untill then she had never uttered any kind of sound. The day Kuchinashi will actually speak is the day my heart will skip a beat because of the shock.

Is Kuchinashi not speaking because she can't or won't? She acted like she was caught when Yamada heard her sneeze so part of me thinks it's just a gimmick she came up with for herself.

And yes, there's absolutely something wrong with you when Kuchinashi clings to you and you try to push her away.... But hey, come on we're talking about a guy who's constantly wearing girls clothes and passionately cries out "Father" when seeing Blade whenever he gets the chance

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-08-13 at 05:38.
Old 2010-08-13, 06:03   Link #5079
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Hmmm...

I call it...the "unspeakable-phobia"!!!.....sort of...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 07:56   Link #5080
KaMi-ZeRo

umm, well, Kuchinashi actually speaked once, when she used her ultimate attack, "Lilith Temptation" in the Third Shelter
KaMi-ZeRo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen