AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 15:35   Link #1061
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh yes, in case you guys are no aware yet...Sasami and Kanata's routes are apparently fully translated...so they should be out soon enough, hopefully.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 23:52   Link #1062
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh yes, in case you guys are no aware yet...Sasami and Kanata's routes are apparently fully translated...so they should be out soon enough, hopefully.
Spoiler for g:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:26   Link #1063
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Spoiler for g:
She had her reasons...
Old 2013-01-20, 00:36   Link #1064
Kudryavka

Quote:
She had her reasons...
I kno, I'm sure it is adressed in EX. But just playing Haruka route left me pretty unsettled about all that...
Old 2013-01-20, 09:50   Link #1065
Mazyrian

Quote:
She had her reasons...
They weren't very good reasons
Old 2013-01-20, 10:46   Link #1066
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
They weren't very good reasons
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-01-20, 10:57   Link #1067
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well they were kinda explained in Haruka's route.

True, some of the things were bad but then again Haruka was in no way a saint now was she? Kanata usually just responded to Haruka's actions rather than initiate a personal attack on her (well at first anyway). Most of the fault can be put on the adults that raised the two and put them in those situations. It's not like Haruka received all the abuse and Kanata was filled with all the love they had to give.
Haruka was treated horribly, treated as an inferior being. She tried doing her best to get praised but always ended up failing, falling behind Kanata and being punished for even trying.
Kanata was treated horribly as well, she was made to fulfill the expectations of adults putting incredible stress on a child like her. And should she fail at something she was severely punished for it.

Now picture a small child in a situation such as this: "If I do well my sister is punished but if I don't then I get punished."
Being heroic and going "I'll do badly so I get all the punishment" sounds nice, but it is unrealistic few young children would truly resort to this...hell, few adults would. Not only that but even if she failed on purpose, it didn't mean Haruka was succeed instead...they could both fail and both get punished.

But when they grow up she has her sister acting like she does, filled with spite and acting out against her. What did you expect? After hearing their backstories, both sides of them, I in no way blame Kanata for her behavior toward her sister.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:01   Link #1068
Kudryavka

I was just shocked to hear her belittle her sister in the rain and call her trash.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:29   Link #1069
Mazyrian

Shutting down that committee Haruka was in, breaking down the bench, trying to get Riki away from her, impersonating her... Hardly things Kanata was forced to do or even needed to (and the end and Kanata route indeed show that she could as well not be so much of a jerk). And I don't remember things that Haruka initiated; sure, she was a problem child, but the spite thing was also because of everything Kanata was doing in their daily school life.
What I got is that she wanted to corner Haruka so much she would just leave the school and start a new (probably better) life elsewhere, but even that's a terrible reason.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:43   Link #1070
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Shutting down that committee Haruka was in, breaking down the bench, trying to get Riki away from her, impersonating her... Hardly things Kanata was forced to do or even needed to (and the end and Kanata route indeed show that she could as well not be so much of a jerk). And I don't remember things that Haruka initiated; sure, she was a problem child, but the spite thing was also because of everything Kanata was doing in their daily school life.
What I got is that she wanted to corner Haruka so much she would just leave the school and start a new (probably better) life elsewhere, but even that's a terrible reason.
True, some of the things she did were a overboard. But again, Haruka's no saint...she was a troublemaker and even small pranks can get infuriating if they are done constantly. One did something and the other bit back, it's just a matter of who started it first and I'm betting that if anything Haruka was most likely to initiate aggression.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:48   Link #1071
Kudryavka

Theyre both dooodoo anyway. But Ka nata is 100% worse b/c she should know better.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:54   Link #1072
Mazyrian

Quote:
True, some of the things she did were a overboard. But again, Haruka's no saint...she was a troublemaker and even small pranks can get infuriating if they are done constantly. One did something and the other bit back, it's just a matter of who started it first and I'm betting that if anything Haruka was most likely to initiate aggression.
Even in that case it was an awfully disproportionate retribution. And I'm actually willing to bet it was Kanata who started everything, right by isolating Haruka in her classroom.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:55   Link #1073
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Theyre both dooodoo anyway. But Ka nata is 100% worse b/c she should know better.
You're still acting like Haruka's a saint. They could have easily have stayed out of eachother's ways and ignored one another. They are both just as bad as the other, people just take Haruka's side because
A: She's one of the original main girls and a LB member;
B: You spend more time seeing her side of the picture;
C: She looked like she received the worst treatment in the family (could be argued otherwise);
D: Kanata had more "power" while Haruka resorted to pranks, Kanata fought with more powerful weapons (like abolishing the club). I don't doubt that had Haruka any more power than just pranks, she'd have use it;
E: People still fail to realize that Kanata, in her own misguided way, seemed to try to help Haruka by giving her a fresh start elsewhere.

EDIT

Quote:
Even in that case it was an awfully disproportionate retribution. And I'm actually willing to bet it was Kanata who started everything, right by isolating Haruka in her classroom.
Did Haruka isolate herself from the classroom by not wanting to be in the same class as her sister and being a troublemaker? I dunno if Kanata had anything to do with that.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:58   Link #1074
Kudryavka

Quote:
Yes its Kanatas fault. She is the true bad girl. It's like you should never treat sister like doodoo! She is older and more rsponsible.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:58   Link #1075
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Yes its Kanatas fault. She is the true bad girl. It's like you should never treat sister like doodoo! She is older and more rsponsible.
It almost looks like that you are deliberately ignoring other people's posts. Your arguments that she is older and more responsible is pretty flawed.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 12:01   Link #1076
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It almost looks like that you are deliberately ignoring other people's posts.
I didn't say Haruka wasn't responsible. That scene was just really terrible though. Did you play it?
Old 2013-01-20, 12:02   Link #1077
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I didn't say Haruka wasn't responsible. That scene was just really terrible though. Did you play it?
As a matter of fact i did play it in japanese before it was translated >_>
Your arguments for primarily blaming Kanata is quite lacking

edit: i don't have the game installed anymore to check out both routes again to see who was more responsible to argue more about it. Not that i would have the time to reread it, because of next weeks eroge releases.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:04   Link #1078
Mazyrian

Quote:
You're still acting like Haruka's a saint. They could have easily have stayed out of eachother's ways and ignored one another. They are both just as bad as the other, people just take Haruka's side because
A: She's one of the original main girls and a LB member;
B: You spend more time seeing her side of the picture;
C: She looked like she received the worst treatment in the family (could be argued otherwise);
D: Kanata had more "power" while Haruka resorted to pranks, Kanata fought with more powerful weapons (like abolishing the club). I don't doubt that had Haruka any more power than just pranks, she'd have use it;
E: People still fail to realize that Kanata, in her own misguided way, seemed to try to help Haruka by giving her a fresh start elsewhere.
D: I don't think Haruka would have done anything with more power. It's not like she was even doing it out of spite against Kanata; there were just that, pranks, and she did very much the same things against Riki's classroom, and certainly not out of spite.
E: I realize that. What I say is that that objective, and the mediums to do it, were awful.

Quote:
Did Haruka isolate herself from the classroom by not wanting to be in the same class as her sister and being a troublemaker? I dunno if Kanata had anything to do with that.
I thought it was Kanata (it's in concord with everything else she was doing), but I could be wrong.

And I think you are overestimating how much of a troublemaker she was. She wasn't nearly as bad as the council painted her.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:07   Link #1079
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
As a matter of fact i did play it in japanese before it was translated >_>
Your arguments for primarily blaming Kanata is quite lacking
Why are you getting defensive? I just wanted to know if you played it, I dont care what language.

That said I assume you didn't see that rain scene as bad as I did. Which is fine. But I dont see wy Kanata had to be so mean.
Quote:
I like this reason.

Isnt it probably they both have the same dad since they look exactly alike??
Old 2013-01-20, 12:12   Link #1080
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
That said I assume you didn't see that rain scene as bad as I did. Which is fine. But I dont see wy Kanata had to be so mean.
If you are refering to the scene when it was revealed that Kanata was impersonating as Haruka, it didn't hit me that hard though

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel