AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-07-06, 01:36   Link #1781
Westlo
Lets be reality

Rockets get josh smith and their offensive spacing sucks ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Haha. Change that sign to "Hibbert" and it would be more reasonable, from what I saw.
Dwight shits over Hibbert... Hibert had two good series against small bal teams, wow amazing.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 22:38   Link #1782
Kmos

The NBA season is about to start! No one has mentioned any favorites or teams to look out for.
The two teams I didn't follow last season but were nice surprises for the West were the Warriors and Rockets. I'm hoping to hear more good things from them.
Warriors have a great addition in Iguodala. Looks like a really fun team to watch.
I can't tell if Rockets improved and will probably just read about them in the papers if mentioned.
Not much to look out for in the East for me. Knicks will make playoffs again and that's about all I can hope for. They need a complete overhaul of the organization imo.

Anyone have a team they're rooting for or will be interesting to follow?
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 23:37   Link #1783
Yye1
Wide Right

I have money on a heat threepeat, though I dont like it. Lebron has implied that he want to be on the same tier as Jordan, and to do that, a threepeat is necessary, and I believe that Lebron will have a monster season to achieve that

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 02:15   Link #1784
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Still the spurs for me. It's a long shot, but I still hope for Duncan's 5th ring before he retires.
Old 2013-10-29, 10:47   Link #1785
Xagzan

I'm excited, mostly cause this will be my first full regular season in at least 10 years. Last season I only came in in late March, and the whole thing went by like a blur.

This year I'm going to try to watch more objectively if possible, like the analysts. Though I would also like if Tim got one more ring, especially after last year's heartbreak, as he is one of the last links for me to 90s basketball. And if anyone in the West can beat Miami, it's the guys who had the trophy in their grasp. They'll have an even better chance if Kawhi Leonard can improve even more, if Danny Green can learn to handle the ball better, and if Ginobili can learn to adjust his game for his age, like Tim has.

Aside from that, despite what I said about objectivity, I'll probably always be a Knicks and Bulls fan (which is probably why I'll never like Miami and would be much happier if Lebron was winning these rings in Cleveland -_-). I would love if the Knicks won it all--it's been 40 damn years already--but I'm not expecting it. The Bulls...well, this preseason was the first time I've seen Rose play, and I can see what the fuss is about. That guy was going nuts, and the team wound up undefeated in those 8 games. Though I don't necessarily agree with Thibs letting his oft-wounded guys go so hard in an ultimately meaningless preseason.

So, who else. I suppose I'm excited to see Houston play, and how that group gels, what difference Dwight can make, whether he can grow up, etc. That team has so much potential. Speaking of growing up, I'm curious if Shaq's arrival in Sacramento can make DeMarcus Cousins do the same--after last year's roller coaster, it would be nice for the fans to have a good, stable season.

Of course no fans can beat the ones at Oracle, who are largely the reason I and apparently lots of non-fans love to watch the Warriors play. Honestly I would love to be at a home game of theirs, just to be a part of that and feel the insane energy every time Curry drains a 3. Can you imagine the volume if the Warriors won a championship in that arena? I doubt it will happen this year, but wow, I'm pretty sure I'd go deaf.

Aside from contenders, I'm also really eager to see if the Cavs' low-risk high-reward snag of Andrew Bynum works out. If he can actually stay healthy (big If), together with Kyrie Irving, and the rest of those up and comers, and veterans like Varejao and Jarrett Jack, they could do some damage. And then Anthony Bennett had that crazy showing during the preseason against the Magic.

Actually, my friend is a Magic fan, so I'll be interested in watching where they go from here. I mean really, there's nowhere to go but up, and already it seems like they've put Victor Oladipo as their foundation for the future.

Last but not least, the Celtics, having other friends who are fans of them. Who knows if Rondo will stick around--personally I think it's a good thing for this situation that he got a ring so early in his career. Because if I were Rondo, the way I'd see it would be: I already have a championship, period, so just getting one isn't the main concern; rather I would see my next challenge similarly to what Kobe's was after Shaq left the Lakers, that is to step up and lead the team to another championship, without relying on those other star players like Garnett and Pierce. I would want to prove that I could be the team leader that they were, be a champion without them, step out of their shadow, you know.

But that's me. And whether or not he has the talent around him when he comes back to realistically do that in the next several years...who knows.

Sorry that went so long
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 12:31   Link #1786
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i'm surprise to see Lakers beats Clippers yesterday. oh boy, Clippers
need to pick up their pace and get serious with these guys instead of underestimating them.

now my Lakers fan buddy is going to talk smack to me, "see, told ya Lakers gonna win" and blah blah blah so on...ugh.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:02   Link #1787
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
i'm surprise to see Lakers beats Clippers yesterday. oh boy, Clippers
need to pick up their pace and get serious with these guys instead of underestimating them.

now my Lakers fan buddy is going to talk smack to me, "see, told ya Lakers gonna win" and blah blah blah so on...ugh.
I don't consider those Lakers' fans (I, myself, is a Lakers' fan). True fans know what state the Lakers are in, those who boast and such over a single win can't be consider true fans.

I know the Lakers won that game because they were underestimated. It was a sloppy game, but nevertheless, an ugly win is a win regardless. The Lakers right now could be a lot better than what is shown if they smooth out their mistakes. They shot a poor percentage in that game and made some very easy mistakes. The good thing I am really enjoying is the production of the bench in that game, right now, I am impress, but not convince they can remain that way in a couple of straight games.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 15:41   Link #1788
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Glad the NBA and Chris Bosh videobombs are back:

Old 2013-10-30, 16:16   Link #1789
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Glad the NBA and Chris Bosh videobombs are back:

Honestly, that scene there could traumatize some people you know.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 18:06   Link #1790
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I don't consider those Lakers' fans (I, myself, is a Lakers' fan). True fans know what state the Lakers are in, those who boast and such over a single win can't be consider true fans.

I know the Lakers won that game because they were underestimated. It was a sloppy game, but nevertheless, an ugly win is a win regardless. The Lakers right now could be a lot better than what is shown if they smooth out their mistakes. They shot a poor percentage in that game and made some very easy mistakes. The good thing I am really enjoying is the production of the bench in that game, right now, I am impress, but not convince they can remain that way in a couple of straight games.
It was definitely a fun game to watch, I think. But yeah, the Clippers played way too soft. The Lakers obviously wanted it more, so hopefully Doc can toughen his group up soon.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:58   Link #1791
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Lakers beats Clippers, then Warriors beats Lakers and now, Clippers beats Warriors. wow,
that game yesterday both Chris Paul and Curry were on fire, holy...that was a fun game to watch.

Chris Paul: 42 pts., 15 assists and i think 6 steals. way to go, dood!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-01, 21:11   Link #1792
Kmos

Didn't have a chance to catch the Clippers Warriors game but it looked amazing from clips and from what I've read.
The Knicks Bulls game just re-confirms my belief of Knicks not going far and they haven't improved.

Been talks of tanking for a nice draft pick by an anonymous GM. The Celtics, 76ers, Suns, Jazz, Magic, Kings, Bucks, Bobcats are the likely tankers.
Old 2013-11-01, 23:14   Link #1793
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Lakers beats Clippers, then Warriors beats Lakers and now, Clippers beats Warriors. wow,
that game yesterday both Chris Paul and Curry were on fire, holy...that was a fun game to watch.
I saw that and also the opening Warrior/Lakers game the night before--now that was amazing. I just said it the other day, no fans can beat the Oracle crowd for GS, and holy crap, when Klay Thompson is raining 3s at the home opener, they do not disappoint

Quote:
The Knicks Bulls game just re-confirms my belief of Knicks not going far and they haven't improved.
True, but I'm not sure why you cite that game as evidence. I mean, they only lost by 1.

Quote:
Been talks of tanking for a nice draft pick by an anonymous GM. The Celtics, 76ers, Suns, Jazz, Magic, Kings, Bucks, Bobcats are the likely tankers.
Considering who Michael Jordan is, I would be very surprised if that was the case for Charlotte. I can't imagine his name and intentionally losing in the same sentence
Old 2013-11-02, 11:39   Link #1794
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:

Considering who Michael Jordan is, I would be very surprised if that was the case for Charlotte. I can't imagine his name and intentionally losing in the same sentence
Jordan will throw himself into a pit of fire before he will be associated with intentional losing.

Btw, Heat lost two in a row, while the 76ers won 2 in row, wow....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-11-02, 12:55   Link #1795
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

well, it's just the beginning of the season. What's important for team such as Heat is during April-June
Old 2013-11-02, 13:22   Link #1796
Kmos

Quote:
True, but I'm not sure why you cite that game as evidence. I mean, they only lost by 1.
I'm not only looking at that game, I'm also looking at their first game which they won. It's how they play. There doesn't seem to be any progress made as it looks similar to last season. It's only their second game but they need to show they've learned from their losses last season and I haven't seen it yet. Might be the same or worse with JR Smith's return. I like how Shumpert is gradually getting better though and Hardaway jr. looks decent.

What a nice win for Twolves against the Thunder. Good to see them in a more healthy state. Pity Westbrook is still out.
Old 2013-11-02, 23:33   Link #1797
Xagzan

Yeah, the Knicks' change has to come from within this season. JR has to mature, Carmelo has to improve in areas besides shooting, the whole team needs to work on maintaining good ball movement, not just side to side, etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Jordan will throw himself into a pit of fire before he will be associated with intentional losing.

Btw, Heat lost two in a row, while the 76ers won 2 in row, wow....
And now Philly is 3-0. What...what's going on? I'm watching these games, and this rookie Carter-Williams is making Lebron friggin James and Derrick friggin Rose look like chumps. It's like the bizarro world.

If they're planning on tanking, they're doing it terribly
Old 2013-11-02, 23:52   Link #1798
Yye1
Wide Right

^ Maybe its all a plot by the 76ers to mislead everyone, especially in regards to Carter-Williams. They must also be guided the spirit of the Answer

Old 2013-11-03, 02:38   Link #1799
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Carter-Williams is putting up crazy stats every games so far Definitely strong candidate of ROY.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:47   Link #1800
Kmos

Nice Celtics win over Heat yesterday. Celtics beat a fully manned Heat team. Great ending from what I saw in recaps.