AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-15, 13:04   Link #961
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
So for the gender option what is the point of having male, female, and unspecified? Isn't unspecified essentially same thing as just not showing your gender?
Yes, it is.
Old 2007-12-15, 13:36   Link #962
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream
So for the gender option what is the point of having male, female, and unspecified? Isn't unspecified essentially same thing as just not showing your gender?
If you opt 'unspecified' as your gender, it would appear on your user profile (as 'unspecified'). On the contrary, not showing your gender removes that user info from your profile altogether.

And... if you 'unspecify' your gender, it usually means you don't want people to know your gender, like err...

*looks around*...

and err, on the other hand, those who don't label their gender need not necessarily mean to do the same, as they could be just lazy to fill in their user info =)

So my answer is um, no to Ledgem's yes. ^^"

on a side note, this is the sixth time I've seen NSW's avy and sig combo and thought I was reading Cats' posts. oh, my god. D:!
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 14:31   Link #963
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
So my answer is um, no to Ledgem's yes. ^^"
Just to clarify, my yes was to the "isn't it essentially the same as" question. Whether you hide your gender or state it as unspecified, people won't know your gender - so yes, it's essentially the same thing as hiding it
Old 2007-12-15, 14:57   Link #964
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

C'mon Ledgem, you don't really believe the question was that stupid...

Gender as with age, location and a few other things are a influence on ones' post. (just turn off signature and avatars to see a example) If you don't want them to get in the way of discussion turn them off. @TD: Read Unspecified as: OFF
Old 2007-12-15, 23:06   Link #965
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
C'mon Ledgem, you don't really believe the question was that stupid...

Gender as with age, location and a few other things are a influence on ones' post. (just turn off signature and avatars to see a example) If you don't want them to get in the way of discussion turn them off. @TD: Read Unspecified as: OFF
That's why I turn off my genger and location too (well... i make my location vague). I also believe that may also affect how other uses may feel about me just cause of who I may be.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 23:06   Link #966
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I've got a stupid question this time. I've dug around the whole net for an answer but I can't seem to find it:

Why are ROM dumps so damn small?

Seriously. Some don't go beyond the 400k in size, and I'm talking 16-bit consoles. Is it just natural or I'm missing something here?

Thinking about it, perhaps this IS too stupid of a question. However, comparing some ROM dumps from game remakes (for example, the FF remakes for the Gameboy Advance with the original SNES dumps) you can see an enormous difference (from a couple of hundred kilobytes or 1 megabyte at most to more than 8 megabytes). Does 24-bit depth color (in the case of GBA vs SNES ROM dumps) make so much of a difference?

(Small PS: I just discovered that most GBA ROM dumps are in multiples of 8 megabytes, which makes me think game developers just fill the rest of the cartridge with garbage data or something like that.)

PS 2: The more I think about it, the more stupid my question seems. So pardon my ignorance

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:08   Link #967
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

I want to know why this forum reguires us to wait for about 10 seconds between each search. It seems to be pointless too me. And the ROM dumps is something I don't about to but then I was like meh. Also, I thought that rest of the cartridge was for like saving the game?????????

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:05   Link #968
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
I want to know why this forum reguires us to wait for about 10 seconds between each search. It seems to be pointless too me.
A forum search requires a fair bit of processing power from the server systems - it's probably the most system-intensive task that a user could perform on the server. I'd imagine that the delay is there to prevent people from abusing it to intentionally or unintentionally perform a denial of service attack against the forums.
Old 2007-12-18, 22:23   Link #969
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I've been wondering about this for a bit. Sometimes when i do my photoshop stuff, i come across images with lots of artifacts along the edges of the lines. What is the causes of these mistakes? It's even worst for me since my monitor only have a 300:1 contrast ratio >.< i gotta up the contrast to even see them property unless I zoom to 1200%+

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-12-19, 00:40   Link #970
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Its because of the jpeg compression algorithms. High contrast and especially red tones will produce the most artifacts.
Old 2007-12-25, 17:59   Link #971
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I've been wondering about this song by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Sarejevo. Is this an original piece by them or is is this just a remix version of it?

Old 2007-12-25, 18:12   Link #972
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I've been wondering about this song by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Sarejevo. Is this an original piece by them or is is this just a remix version of it?
Technically it is an original piece by them the first song was done by the group Savatage, from which several members formed TSO. The version you have is the 2nd re-released credited to TSO.

The song itself is a combination of the xmas songs Carol of the Bells and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

Yes I'm a big TSO fan
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 18:18   Link #973
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
Technically it is an original piece by them the first song was done by the group Savatage, from which several members formed TSO. The version you have is the 2nd re-released credited to TSO.

The song itself is a combination of the xmas songs Carol of the Bells and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

Yes I'm a big TSO fan
Aya, is that so? ^^ God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen sung by Aly & AJ sure is a great song, Classical Christmas sure are the best.

Old 2007-12-25, 20:48   Link #974
eskedark

Phony Yahoo Webcam

Hello

Many times when I open someone’s webcam in yahoo room, its showing video rather than showing the person on the other side. How do these people do that? Does yahoo allow you to do that? If so which version of yahoo allows that?

Thank you for your help.
eskedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 20:53   Link #975
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
http://www.fakewebcam.com/
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 09:41   Link #976
Dxon
Inactive Member

What is the difference between xxx-chan and xxx-kun? (xxx is any name.)
Because most of the times girls have the -chan and boys the -kun. But more and more I start to see that boys also get -kun...
What is going on?! Is there nothing that has no a special rule in japanese?!
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 11:05   Link #977
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Well a quick search on Wikipedia gave me this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_titles

However someone who is actually Japanese would probably be more accurate.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 11:16   Link #978
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

-chan usually for very young boys and girls .. Boys reaching teenage years usually get the -kun prefix.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 11:34   Link #979
Dxon
Inactive Member

Thank you for the answers! ^^
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 12:57   Link #980
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
-chan usually for very young boys and girls .. Boys reaching teenage years usually get the -kun prefix.
Girls, however, seem to remain -chan's for a rather longer time, at least that's what my anime watching tells me. Looks like sexist paternalism to me. At some point girls become -san's, though, don't they? Around when does that happen?

(Yes, I know that older girls might be called -chan as a term of endearment; I'm talking about less intimate relationships.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious